Shadyblade
  • Members
  • Goblinclass_name
  • EU-Bloodscalp
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Affliction
  • LocationHungary

Posted 19 October 2012 - 11:02 AM

I'm wondering what you toughts are about a few warlock talents. Currently I'm running 1/3/3/1/1/3. Some talents are obviuos, but there are some which I'm not sure about.

Unsure talent 1
First off I the T3 talents. I chose Bargain and I don't see that other two would fit me - as I'm running with my wife's healer druid. Alltough I see that some locks choose Soul Link. I think that it's a very risky talent, becasue your demon will die fast and you'll have to use a burning ember to revive. Even if the demon is on full HP it means that you pet is going to drop down to 100k hp and you'll get 100k from this talent. Many classes have hard hitting stuff, so I don't think it's worth it. On the other hand Sacrificial Pact sounds real good at first sight, but it's very risky I think. If you pet is on low HP and you'll need something to survive this won't help you out.. I prefer Dark Bargain, but I'm not 100% sure.

Unsure talent 2
Second is the last tier T6. I'm not even thinking to choose Kil'jaeden's Cunning, because +cast time and -run speed.. I think this talent isn't worht anything. I know that the whole tier is shit, but I can't really choose from the other two. Is it worth to have 5% passive "counterattack" or the 500% aoe radius? The usage of Archimonde's Vengence isn't too logical for me, as if you want to attack you're going to try to get away (in case of a melee) from your target for clear casting.. maybe you'r going to use shadowfury or even fear to cast a chaos bolt. In this case he'll won't dmg you so basicly you cann't use this ability offensively. When you1re getting bursted you'll try to get away. At least this is my opinion. This is why I've choosen Mannoroth's Fury. At least this talent helps you to avoid a hard opener from stealthers. also it is a great to against drinking healers. If you have another therory about this tier let me know pls.

Unsure talent 3
The third I wanna talk about is T5. The choice is basicly between Grimoire of Supremacy and Grimoire of Sacrifice. As far as I know most of the desto warlocks go with Sacrifice. This is the talent which interst me most, because I feel Supremacy is way better, but it's always bad if you feel different than the locks' 99%. In my opinion Mesmerize cc is absolutely superior. You +25% dmg doesn't brings you a win itself and if you're not able to cast at least sometimes then it's -50% instead. Mesmerize can be cast on anyone, without restrictions and alltough I ran only a few arenas with it, but I felt this is gonna be it. Share you toughts!

#2 Smir

Smir
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Affliction 0/0/2/0/2/0
  • LocationAustria

Posted 19 October 2012 - 11:58 AM

hey! lets go right on topic, i havent read very carefully as i am in work but i hope i got most of it

lets start with unsure talent 3 first as i use it for other questions :)
as destro in my opinion its allways best to sac pet, as its all about the oneshot moments, its kinda sad and sounds stupid but in 90% of all games as destro you dont win cause of constant pressure, and more of "oh shit" chaosbolt moments
so the goal should be to make these chaosbolts hit even harder
so to 3 as destro i would alwys play with a sacced pat

and there we can go to unsure talent 1:
as i would normally sac pet the soullink glyph gives you quire a few hitpoints ( i think it was 60k when i tested it when isacced my pet)
that is too less in my opinion, but i have seen locks play with it
the sacrificial pact is ok, the cooldown is not too high and it absorbs also about 30-60k (not sure about this numbers, cant check as i am in work) but as i sacc pet as destro it would cost he hp
thats the reaspon i would choose dark bargain 90% of the time
esp in the current state of the game its just best,
survinving the zoo (bm hunters) was only possible several times to me because of dark bargain
after it ran out use your shadowward (no clue whats the name now :P) to absorb a bit of the dot you get

and to your unsure talent 2
as affliction i play with i play with archimonde's venegence as it is prety neat, if i am not wrong i can even apply it threw deterence and cloak (but i am not 100% sure now, just test it)

but as destro i ALLWAYS stick with mannoroths fury
first of all as you said you can nearly guarantee to get the stealthers out, but even more, you should always use it to stun your oponnents
and more important to build up embers
allways be happy when a mage popps images, cause you can rain of fire them and get embers from it, if a hunter pops his zoo you will get embers to counterburst or if needed to heal yourself
when you get chaosbolts up and you also have a rof "ticking" it can offer the few extra dps to get the target in shadowburn range

long story short
as a general rule i would go : dark bargain, grimoire of sacrifice, mannoroth's fury
sometimes you wanna switch it up vs diffrent teams, but thats what i would use as "master" specc

#3 Shadyblade

Shadyblade
  • Members
  • Goblinclass_name
  • EU-Bloodscalp
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Affliction
  • LocationHungary

Posted 19 October 2012 - 02:15 PM

I'm working too and only a few mins left so I'm gonna answer even more faster.. about Sacrifice.. you got the point where you said it's all about burst. Let's see an example. I have two burning embers an wanna burst down my target none of the enemies have trinket up. I can cast of my first chaos bolt by using shadowfury while my partner put some cc on the healer. Right afterwards I can mesmerize the target instant fear the healer so I have endless time to cast 2nd chaos bolt. Alltough fear/mesmerize are on the same DR you can still cc two targets with 1 global.

2 chaos bolt with mesmerize = more dmg than 1 chaosbolt with sacrifice.. What do you think?

#4 Smir

Smir
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Affliction 0/0/2/0/2/0
  • LocationAustria

Posted 19 October 2012 - 03:39 PM

you should never be able to have that much time, and if you can cc like that you can also do this with your partner + your fear

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: warlock, destro, talent, pet, demon

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<