Ermurazorqt
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 1/1/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 768

Posted 19 October 2012 - 10:06 AM

Hey all, recently i've started to bluescreen 1-3 times a day whenever I play world of warcraft, it has never happened when the game has not been on.

Sometimes it bluescreens and turns itself back on again, other times it bluescreens then I Come to "American Megatrends" mothercard where it says "CPU overtemperature error!" where I have to go into F1 and see that my temperature is 72 celsius / 158 fahrenheit.

My graphic card is at it's latest version, so the only thing I could think of was needing a new ram memory or cleaning the computer of dust and such.

Anyone had a similar problem / have a clue about what could be causing mine?

#2 chaplain

chaplain
  • Members

Posted 19 October 2012 - 10:29 AM

if it bluescreens and then shows your CPU at 71C whilst idle that's some monstrous overheating, CPUs on stock cooling usually idle at around 40C

clean out your computer and consider reseating your CPU heatsink with some fresh thermal paste

#3 Ermurazorqt

Ermurazorqt
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 19 October 2012 - 11:32 AM

Technical information: *** STOP: 0x00000124 (0x0000000000000000, 0xFFFFFA800837D028, 0x00000000BE200000, 0x000000000005110A)

This is the bluescreen i'm getting if it helps.

#4 Ngzlife

Ngzlife
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Discipline 1/1/0/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1487
  • 3v3: 1665

Posted 19 October 2012 - 01:34 PM

This error message tells me that your computer are trying to run the wrong bit-version of a program, for example if you are running windows 7 with 32-bit operative system, you've accidently installed a/few programs that needs a 64 bit so I'd recommend you to uninstall recently installed programs or do a full formatation of your harddrive if the problem is still there.

Edit: Could be as simple as dust in your fan, try cleaning it.

#5 Ermurazorqt

Ermurazorqt
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 19 October 2012 - 06:36 PM

This error message tells me that your computer are trying to run the wrong bit-version of a program, for example if you are running windows 7 with 32-bit operative system, you've accidently installed a/few programs that needs a 64 bit so I'd recommend you to uninstall recently installed programs or do a full formatation of your harddrive if the problem is still there.

Edit: Could be as simple as dust in your fan, try cleaning it.

I got windows 7 with 64 bit, and wow seems to cause bluescreen a lot more with Wow 64 bit than when I use 32 bit. And I have never opened it since it got put together 1 year and some months ago so dust could be a problem.

#6 Pharaun

Pharaun
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 20 October 2012 - 01:02 AM

if it bluescreens and then shows your CPU at 71C whilst idle that's some monstrous overheating, CPUs on stock cooling usually idle at around 40C

clean out your computer and consider reseating your CPU heatsink with some fresh thermal paste

Depending on the CPU, 71C could be perfectly fine.

For instance any new intel chip can take 71C practically indefinitely without problems. Hell, you can hit 80/90 a couple of times and nothing will blow up. It might throttle, but nothing bad will happen. Even then, it wouldn't bluescreen, it'd just slow down.

Now if you have a piece of shit old AMD processor, that may be a problem. Or even a new one. The new AMD chips are rated at only like 70C or something really low.
"Who, after all, is today speaking of the destruction of the Armenians?"

-Adolf Hitler, 1939

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bluescreen, world of warcraft, wow

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<