• Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Combat 1/1/2/1/1/0
  • RBG: 2215
  • LocationSouthern Germany

Posted 11 November 2012 - 07:00 AM

View PostSolleks, on 10 November 2012 - 10:33 PM, said:

Been playing combat since xpac started for the better utility. Suffers from the same drawbacks as other specs (weak combo point builders, energy starved) but Rupture is less important to keep up (I rarely bother with it) and finishers can still be almost as respectable as Subtlety.

Killing spree is probably the strongest rogue cooldown atm with two slow weapons at 30% insight, and blade flurry in RBGs with paralytic poison can be pretty funny.

Reforge Haste > mastery > crit

Did that, too. Combat is pretty good in 1v1 situations, but landing Killing Spree against competent teams is kind of hard. It's the only spec that has two on-demand bursts and Garrote -> Paralytic Proc -> 8 second Kidney is a brutal chain, if the RNG works out. Think the last time I played combat in pvp was in HARP in S2.

#123 Kifasa

Kifasa
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-The Maelstrom
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Subtlety
  • RBG: 2007

Posted 11 November 2012 - 09:37 AM

I recently saw killing spree doing some nice dmg and maybe that is the way we should be going. On the other hand I don't mind that much that my dmg is bad. I can play my Rogue as a supportive class. I just can't stand that warriors trinket my stun at 90-95% of their health, then they stun me and the time I trinket I am at 50% of my health with bleeds, no ability to get out of him and with useless defensive cds... Just to make sure I won't be able to do anything with my char they can always fear me and finish me off before it goes down. All in all there is no spec that would give me currently playable survivability. And so far... Patch notes are not about to change it.
Dear Blizzard,
Please nerf Rock. Paper is ok.

-Scissors.

#124 methodman2

methodman2
  • Mèthøðmåñ
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Subtlety 2/2/0/0/0/0
  • RBG: 1147

Posted 11 November 2012 - 11:58 AM

3k sinister strikes

#125 WildeHilde

WildeHilde
  • Content Editors
  • Curse Premium
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Combat 1/1/2/1/1/0
  • RBG: 2215
  • LocationSouthern Germany

Posted 11 November 2012 - 05:00 PM

Also Restless Blades is a nice addition. The cooldown reduction is synched for AdRush and Shadowblades. And the CC immunity with Killing Spree can be vital. Playing combat I miss dance a lot, but the lockdown capabilities are huge with the eight second Kidney, Nerve Strike and Paralytic Poison. With Elusiveness and the Glyph of Feint the survivability feels decent, too. Annoying on the other hand is the ramp up time for Bandit's Guile. It's pretty fun to see the numbers on burst abilities if the enemy has Nerve Strike and I have Feint up. Not saying rogues are anywhere near viable currently, but combat feels fun to play.

#126 Maajty

Maajty
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Frostmane
  • Misery
  • Talents: Combat 2/1/1/2/0/2
  • LocationSWE xD

Posted 11 November 2012 - 07:28 PM

View Postmethodman2, on 11 November 2012 - 11:58 AM, said:

3k sinister strikes
3k hemo/stab =(

Edited by Maajty, 11 November 2012 - 07:28 PM.

#127 Solleks

Solleks
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Subtlety 2/0/2/0/0/.

Posted 12 November 2012 - 11:22 AM

View PostMaajty, on 11 November 2012 - 07:28 PM, said:

3k hemo/stab =(

^

only do damage during cooldowns like every other spec, but combat has longer kidneys and more cooldowns. also blade flurrry w/paralytic poison in silvershard mines mmmm

#128 infectionx

infectionx
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Affliction 0/1/2/0/2/.

Posted 12 November 2012 - 01:38 PM

View Postmethodman2, on 09 November 2012 - 04:14 PM, said:

the fact that every single class in this game has acquired something new in the release of MoP whether it be a cc ora stun when a rogue LOSES something that it has had since the incarnation of Arena, then yes something is majorly wrong with rogues.

a last tier talent that replaces throw... that does 5k damage. i dont need to tell you to compare it to that ability which increases damage by 20% and provides freedom for as long as an entire series of emmerdale
Rogues have been losing abilities or core talents in every new expansion though( apart tbc where we got new stuff), in wotlk it was deadly throw interupt and shs while rooted, in cata it was the 2nd evasion and prep as assasination and in mop pretty much everything, they also forgotten our damage in cata xd.

There have been other talents/abilitty losses aswell prolly but my memory doesnt help me to be honest.

Edited by infectionx, 12 November 2012 - 01:39 PM.

Restoration shamans in season 11 According to
Felic:
And yeah they can survive for more than 30 seconds without casting. You have partners in 3v3 you know? SURPRISE

#129 Gankeyjake

Gankeyjake
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Combat 1/1/2/2/1/0
  • RBG: 2000

Posted 13 November 2012 - 03:31 PM

http://www.wowdb.com...LCKfUKfYKfZA9pS

And Profit.

"The line it is drawn The curse it is cast
The slow one now Will later be fast
As the present now Will later be past
The order is Rapidly fadin'.
And the first one now Will later be last
For the times they are a-changin'."

Posted Image

#130 methodman2

methodman2
  • Mèthøðmåñ
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Subtlety 2/2/0/0/0/0
  • RBG: 1147

Posted 13 November 2012 - 03:51 PM

View Postinfectionx, on 12 November 2012 - 01:38 PM, said:

Rogues have been losing abilities or core talents in every new expansion though( apart tbc where we got new stuff), in wotlk it was deadly throw interupt and shs while rooted, in cata it was the 2nd evasion and prep as assasination and in mop pretty much everything, they also forgotten our damage in cata xd.

There have been other talents/abilitty losses aswell prolly but my memory doesnt help me to be honest.

in cataclysm we got recup and readiness, which made up for evasion. in wrath we had the option to take imp gouge as sub as well as prep with mutilate, those changes made up for everything else. in this expansion we gain absolutely nothing aside from shadowblades, while good it's still horrendous compared to other talents such as alter time. this isnt even taking into account that alter time is a 1.5min cd and blades is a 3min cd, but still.

edit: also lets be honest, step in roots and deadly throw was fucking ridiculous anyway and it needed to be removed.

Edited by methodman2, 13 November 2012 - 03:54 PM.

#131 sounds

sounds
  • Premium Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Balance 2/0/2/1/1/.

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:26 PM

Yet safeguard removes roots and is also a talent?

#132 originn

originn
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Feral 2/2/2/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 959

Posted 14 November 2012 - 06:27 AM

View Postsounds_, on 13 November 2012 - 05:26 PM, said:

Yet safeguard removes roots and is also a talent?
Hey! no! Warriors are about mobility and going ham! rogues are about uh.....consistent damage....wait no....um control yeah thats it control!

#133 Kifasa

Kifasa
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-The Maelstrom
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • RBG: 2007

Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:35 AM

View Postoriginn, on 14 November 2012 - 06:27 AM, said:

Hey! no! Warriors are about mobility and going ham! rogues are about uh.....consistent damage....wait no....um control yeah thats it control!
Hahaha +REP
Dear Blizzard,
Please nerf Rock. Paper is ok.

-Scissors.

#134 originn

originn
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Feral 2/2/2/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 959

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:15 AM

View PostKifasa, on 14 November 2012 - 10:35 AM, said:

Hahaha +REP
nomnomnom rep :3

#135 Bloódx

Bloódx
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Combat
  • RBG: 1818

Posted 15 November 2012 - 03:11 PM

The game is so broken why even bother, wish we could go back to s4
www.twitch.tv/Bloodxeu

#136 cellblock

cellblock
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Vashj
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 15 November 2012 - 04:16 PM

Rogues don't find your game and many are going to quit if they don't see good changes in 5.1. Stop telling us what we find fun

What if I tell you what I find fun and you tell me what you find fun & everyone stops trying to be the voice of the community. (Source)

Was Cold Blood removed because of Shadow Blades? Would really love it back. Good on-demand burst & loved the visual.
Cold Blood helped make rogues not care about crit as a stat.

The complete abscence of game knowledge is mind boggling. All current rogues are reforging to crit all day, am I right?  Gotta get dat poison crit up.

#137 Ayume

Ayume
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/2/2/0/0/1
  • RBG: 2316

Posted 15 November 2012 - 04:33 PM

I don't know what you guys are smoking, rogues own.
www.twitch.tv/ayumus

#138 Ayume

Ayume
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/2/2/0/0/1
  • RBG: 2316

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:59 PM

Update:

I was just out in the krasarang wilds, and this fierce wild flamingo jumped me. Let me preface this by saying, it didn’t stand a chance; to put it in perspective, this flamingo had a better chance of acquiring a spaceship and flying to the Alpha Centauri solar system. Anyways, I proceeded to one shot this bird, reminiscent of seasons past when Kurum would resummon 4-5 monkeys only to have them die instantly. After looting this retarded bird, I spot out of the corner of my eye a seasoned level 87 Orc warrior. So feeling pretty good after that flamingo win, I decide to take on a real challenger. I stealth over and open with my coveted cheap-shot ability. Once he stabilizes at 30%, he decides to use his AoE kidneyshot ability, there was no cheating this death. A few 200k’s later; I’m at the graveyard wondering where I went wrong in life.

As I sat there pondering my life choices, I came to a grim realization; I had become the fierce wild flamingo.
www.twitch.tv/ayumus

#139 Nicetrylawl

Nicetrylawl
  • Premium Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Arthas
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Subtlety 2/1/2/1/1/2
  • RBG: 2085

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:25 PM

View PostAyume, on 15 November 2012 - 08:59 PM, said:

Update:

I was just out in the krasarang wilds, and this fierce wild flamingo jumped me. Let me preface this by saying, it didn’t stand a chance; to put it in perspective, this flamingo had a better chance of acquiring a spaceship and flying to the Alpha Centauri solar system. Anyways, I proceeded to one shot this bird, reminiscent of seasons past when Kurum would resummon 4-5 monkeys only to have them die instantly. After looting this retarded bird, I spot out of the corner of my eye a seasoned level 87 Orc warrior. So feeling pretty good after that flamingo win, I decide to take on a real challenger. I stealth over and open with my coveted cheap-shot ability. Once he stabilizes at 30%, he decides to use his AoE kidneyshot ability, there was no cheating this death. A few 200k’s later; I’m at the graveyard wondering where I went wrong in life.

As I sat there pondering my life choices, I came to a grim realization; I had become the fierce wild flamingo.

Thats so deep...

#140 Virral

Virral
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Lothar
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/2/2/2/2
  • RBG: 1703

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:53 PM

View PostAyume, on 15 November 2012 - 08:59 PM, said:

Update:

5/5 would read again
brb tissues

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<