Sepllalerter wow arena addons

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 corcodush

corcodush
  • Members

Posted 17 October 2012 - 12:10 PM

Hi guys,

With all the new stuff in MoP, I found myself thinking of the good old Spellalerter that I used at the beginning of each season in TBC. Unfortunately, it hasn't been updated since 2011 and I'm not sure it will ever be (since Kollectiv is no longer supporting it).

Does anyone know a good replacement for this? Just a simple addon which generates a big pop-up  in the middle of your screen and which has an editable spell table that allows you to select which things you want to be warned about.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Corcodush

#2 Djandawg

Djandawg
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Genjuros
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 18 October 2012 - 12:21 AM

Many people are actually using it. I saw it on many streams,, it would be really nice if someone could zip/rar the folder and upload it.

#3 Ezerialwow

Ezerialwow
  • Members
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 18 October 2012 - 03:20 AM

Not sure if same Thing, but the addon, enemy ability bars, Might be the One your looking for, dont Use it myself so not sure if it is the same thou
Posted Image
twitch.tv/ezerialwow

#4 corcodush

corcodush
  • Members

Posted 18 October 2012 - 09:49 AM

View PostHaniax, on 18 October 2012 - 03:20 AM, said:

Not sure if same Thing, but the addon, enemy ability bars, Might be the One your looking for, dont Use it myself so not sure if it is the same thou

Not the same thing unfortunately. The addon you mentioned is very similar to Juked (an updated Interrupt Bar basically). It looks easier to customize compared to Juked, but it's not updated for MoP.

I looked at a ton of addons on curse and wowinterface, browsed a million forums but still haven't found an alternative to SpellAlerter. The only thing which came remotely close was an addon called OhSnap, but the users can't change the spell list so it quickly becomes an annoying spam.

I guess we have to hope that some addon guru decides to update SpellAlerter.

#5 Thaya

Thaya
  • Moderators
  • LocationRussia

Posted 20 October 2012 - 02:21 PM

Did you end up not even trying SA just because it wasn't updated since 2011?

It still works.

Edited by Thaya, 20 October 2012 - 02:22 PM.

Default UI Scripts - Compilation & how-to

#6 Jhonnybanana

Jhonnybanana
  • Members

Posted 21 October 2012 - 09:43 PM

For 4.3 it was still good even it has some bugs and u couldn`t add a lot of things u needed, but with start of the mop there are a lot of a new stuff and changes, so It`s not so usefull like it was before. I`m and my friends is very-very wondering for update :{{

#7 corcodush

corcodush
  • Members

Posted 08 November 2012 - 12:01 PM

View PostThaya, on 20 October 2012 - 02:21 PM, said:

Did you end up not even trying SA just because it wasn't updated since 2011?

It still works.

I'm actually still using it, but can't add any MoP spells to it so it only has limited use for things such as a quick innervate purge.

Did anyone come across any replacement? I went through a billion addons (checking the addon list of each contributor on skill-capped for example, reading through a ton of addon comments on curse) but I still couldn't find something as clean and easy to use as SpellAlerter.

#8 Thaya

Thaya
  • Moderators
  • LocationRussia

Posted 09 November 2012 - 06:59 AM

View Postcorcodush, on 08 November 2012 - 12:01 PM, said:

I'm actually still using it, but can't add any MoP spells to it so it only has limited use for things such as a quick innervate purge.

Did anyone come across any replacement? I went through a billion addons (checking the addon list of each contributor on skill-capped for example, reading through a ton of addon comments on curse) but I still couldn't find something as clean and easy to use as SpellAlerter.
So I just tabbed in game and tried adding Mortal Coil to it - it worked. Stormlash Totem - worked. Demonic Gateway - worked. All of these spells were added in MoP.

I haven't tested if it will actually trigger a warning properly with them, but it discovers them (shows up in the dropdown list with the proper icon). It doesn't work with a database or anything that needs to be updated.

What exactly is your problem?

#9 Thaya

Thaya
  • Moderators
  • LocationRussia

Posted 09 November 2012 - 07:30 AM

Actually I think I figured out what the problem is - outdated libraries. I use more addons that use the same libraries as SA, and that basically forces it to use newer versions. That's why it works perfectly well for me, but not for you.

I updated the libs in the addon folder itself and uploaded for you - try it out: http://www.mediafire...e1d7e4a632t1ums

#10 corcodush

corcodush
  • Members

Posted 12 November 2012 - 11:41 AM

View PostThaya, on 09 November 2012 - 07:30 AM, said:

Actually I think I figured out what the problem is - outdated libraries. I use more addons that use the same libraries as SA, and that basically forces it to use newer versions. That's why it works perfectly well for me, but not for you.I updated the libs in the addon folder itself and uploaded for you - try it out: http://www.mediafire...e1d7e4a632t1ums

Thanks a lot Thaya, I really appreciate it!Gonna test it tonight.

EDIT: Tried it but it didn't work unfortunately :(

I couldn't add any MoP spell, just like before. Btw, I just removed the old SpellAlerter folder and replaced it with the one that you provided.

Thank you for your help anyway, I guess I'll just have to see if GladiatorlosSA would be a good replacement.

Edited by corcodush, 13 November 2012 - 11:53 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<