mage warlock rdruid 3s

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Pandness

Pandness
  • Members

Posted 15 October 2012 - 06:08 PM

Hello,

I used to play back in LK extension... And I'd like to play some arena in MoP. (I think it's gay having 300 k hp btw but heh[...])

I currently have a Druid, going for Resto spec. I have two mates with me : Mage and Warlock.
My question is simple : what do you think about that 3s comp : Mage/Lock/Rdruid ? Do you consider it viable ? (I have no idea about their specs, any insight on this would be appreciated too)

Thanks !

#2 Smir

Smir
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Auchindoun
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Affliction 2/0/2/0/0/1/1
  • Locationcurently living in UK (coming from Austria)

Posted 16 October 2012 - 06:47 AM

Mage Lock Druid is one of the most viable comps right now

Ofc you have to get a decent synergy with your teammates
The mage allows/provides wins vs vs beastcleave and heavy meleecleave teams due to nice amounts of control (ring of frost, novas, slows)
If you coordinate it well you often have longer phases where you are able to cc 2 players of the opponent team to play a 3 vs 1
that is pretty nice/important vs the wizardcleaves with 3 potential healers

Another good fact for you probably is, that you can play with mage and lock of diffrent speccs, frost or fire, affliction or destro works all for your mates, so they can play the specc they are most used/comftable with

hope that helped

#3 Pandness

Pandness
  • Members

Posted 16 October 2012 - 07:20 AM

That helps a lot, thank you :)
I got two other questions, hope you're around ^^

If there's any "easiest" setup to learn playing the comp spec-wise, what would you say it'd be ?

Because I don't know my futur teammates' level, but I know they don't have much arena experience... I mean "easiest" as in having the biggest possible amount of mistakes allowed before losing. I'm aware it will depends about comps against us but heh, maybe you have an idea ^^

And as for 2s, I assume I can play with Lock as in Affli but would Rdruid/Mage work ?

Thank you, your input is much appreciated ;)

#4 Smir

Smir
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Auchindoun
  • Vindication

Posted 16 October 2012 - 07:30 AM

first your 2nd question
with druid (thats the only 2s i played so far) destro works nice as i am able to burst down the opponents, I think that would be harder as destro

restodruid mage works sick atm (what i heared so far)
also restodruids got some weired talent (havent looked into mop speccs that much as i just came back 1 day after launch :P) where they do so much dmg, thats very very neat in 2s

to 3s, you cant say it in general
my wld druid was also playing some mld with a frostmage and an affliction, but they are all 3 very very good players
i would recommend you to let the players choose the speccs they feel best with

if i would start the comp as warlock i would start as affliction (as i like affli so much more than destro)
but i would also try destro (would switch around the first 10-20 games) just to see how both speccs compare in the comp

i could really not tell what will be the best for the lock (cant say too much for the mage, probably frost as i see it better vs cleaves)
affli is easier to pull of the dmg at first, but you have to completely change your mindset compared to seasons befor
destro burst is sometimes hard to pull of (Vs good teams its insanely hard even) but when you get it off you can just kill the entire team on your own

as i said, i would ask your mates and they should play a specc where they feel comftable
(probably do 2s games with both when the other mate isnt on, so they can get used to the specc and see what they prefer)
at the start just switch between speccs, you will find out fast what suits you best

#5 Pandness

Pandness
  • Members

Posted 16 October 2012 - 02:30 PM

Ok thanks a lot sir ;)

#6 Smir

Smir
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Auchindoun
  • Vindication

Posted 17 October 2012 - 08:45 AM

you are very welcome, if anthing is unclear dont hasitate to ask :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mage, warlock, rdruid, 3s

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<