What is this King of the Hill WoW Tournament about?
This King of the Hill WoW Tournament is a week to week tournament meant to serve as a consistent competitive event for people to watch and top players to compete in. Each week a series will be played between two teams, and the winner of that series will move on to the next week to face a new challenging team. Winners of each week will receive a prize, and teams with a large winning streak may even receive bonuses.
- $100 to the winning team.
- Friday, 7PM EDT (4PM PDT, 12AM London Time)
- Games will be played on US Tournament Realms, live streamed at http://www.own3d.tv/King-of-the-Hill.
- Dylan "Original"
- Alexander "Conradical"
- This King of the Hill Invitational will be played on the Tournament Realm. All gear will be allowed.
- Players are not allowed to cast anything that has a cooldown until the gates open. Warlocks pets are exempt because their pets do not have a cooldown. Mages and Death Knights may summon pets when the gates open.
- Buffs with a 30 second plus cooldown and 5 minutes or shorter duration such as Fear Ward is only allowed after gates open.
- Any short-term buffs with a 30 second or lower duration that would usually be cleared when the gates open are not allowed until the countdown is complete.
- Players must follow simple guidelines to allow the spectator UI to work.
- Losers of each map may pick a map that has not been chosen yet. Nagrand Arena will be the starting map of each series. In a best of 7 a map may not be chosen twice until every map is chosen.
- Players that fail to show up at the assigned time will risk disqualification.
- Matches where players disconnect before 45 seconds will allow the match to be replayed.
- Teams may play with a total of 2 different setups. Exactly 1 healer must be included in each of the setups played. “Setups” is defined to be limited to only classes. For example, in Warlock Mage Druid, the Mage can freely go Fire or Frost and also play Rogue. However, he may not play Rogue, Mage, and Priest during the Tournament.
- Teams are allowed to change their setups anytime they lose a game. Please keep in mind that this causes delays, so try to keep this to a minimum!
- A match is considered a tie after 15 minutes. A tie results in a win for both sides.
- On Dalaran Arena Warlocks may not set a port until the countdown ends.
- Paladins may not build Holy Power before the countdown ends, Rogues may not build combo points via HOT, Shamans may not build up Ancestral Vigor, etc.
- Unfair play is not allowed.
- The use of any cheat program and/or hack program.
- An intentional disconnection without a proper and explicitly stated reason.
- The use of any settings exceeding the standard and permitted settings of the game.
- Intentionally allowing an opponent to win a game.
- Unsportsmanlike or disruptive behavior such as inappropriate and/or unprofessional actions directed towards another player or tournament official. Please remain polite and courteous on stream and in game chat. Do not use profanity.
- The use of a game bug that is determined by the board of referees as being unfair.
- The use of an ineligible player (aka “ringing”)
During the course of the event, the tournament director or group of referees may determine other actions to embody unfair play.
Make sure to follow Curse's stream so you'll know when the tournament is live every week!