• Wèntworth
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Blackrock
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Affliction 0/2/2/0/2/0
  • RBG: 583

Posted 13 October 2012 - 02:03 PM

Hey, i'm a fresh new warrior 90 and there is something i don't get.

Considering tooltips, slam is better then heroic strike and some warriors still use it on streams, so that's why i don't get it !

Can someone explain me how heroic strike works ?

Will rep, thanks !

Edited by Bonjourhihi, 13 October 2012 - 02:07 PM.

#2 Helscythe

Helscythe
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Executus
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 2125

Posted 13 October 2012 - 02:25 PM

Heroic strike is Off the GCD so when they have a ton of rage or alot of procs from Taste for blood which increases the damage by 100% 200% etc. depending on stacks.. they use heroic strike.. I guess.. Idk def. new to warrior myself.
You suck. no one likes you and your mom dresses you funny..

http://www.youtube.c...he?feature=mhum

#3 Veev

Veev
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms 0/1/2/1/1/0
  • RBG: 1928

Posted 14 October 2012 - 07:16 AM

It's sort of complicated and you may just need to do some PvE to really get the hang of it.  But basically you use Slam over HS whenever it won't interfere with your GCD.  If you're >80 rage though, you typically want to use HS to prevent any rage gains from being completely wasted.

Sometimes though, you can try to stack Taste for Blood procs (up to 3-5) for a strong burst window -- not worrying about excess rage or mediocre damage in the meanwhile -- but that requires some RNG and extended uptime on a target.  Also, if someone is 40% HP and you're 100% rage, you'd obviously want to be using both Slam and HS for the quickest short-term burst, while saving 30 rage for a potential execute.

And finally, if you're the one on your team responsible for keeping a target snared, you may want to consider using Glyph of Hindering Strikes, and using HS more as a hamstring replacement.  You will still use Slam with this glyph, but you'll be spending more of your rage on HS and usually won't be going for Taste for Blood stacks.

#4 Xsv

Xsv
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Magtheridon
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/1/1/0/0
  • RBG: 2298

Posted 14 October 2012 - 08:58 PM

also, stacking past 3 stacks of taste for blood is damn hard to get an extremely high HS crit. I had a 120k crit with all CDs popped with a 3 stack. like what veex said though, slam is still used for a dump, and it's good to use if you want to get your stacks up, but otherwise use HS if you don't want to get the stacks just because it's off GCD. Also i use the glyph that makes HS slow, it's a must imo, cuz hamstring can suck one

#5 Hyuru

Hyuru
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/2/2/0/0/0
  • RBG: 2237
  • LocationNOT EVEN EU

Posted 17 October 2012 - 08:23 AM

In terms of raw dmg, slam does more dmg than heroic strike, unless you have two or more stacks of TFB, but PvP does not work the same way as PvE (burst dmg beeing more important than dps) and with heroic strike beeing off the global cooldown, using both slam and heroic strike at the same time gives you higher burst dmg.

Edited by Hyuru, 17 October 2012 - 08:23 AM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<