ardnut
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 1743

Posted 15 October 2012 - 03:06 PM

Hilde is a huge fanboy and I can see why some of you are pissed that someone who hasn't earned it posts in junkie sections... but I guess that's a perk of the job.

He's putting in a lot of effort to get content out and he is also trying to get tournaments going.  I feel all the abuse he gets is over the top.  You guys are going to end up burning him out and we will lose good content.  Not to mention the tournaments he is trying to set up.  There is only so much abuse people will put up with... which is probably what some of you guys are counting on.
* RBG/PvP Guild * Stormscale EU * Recruitment Thread * Click Below *
Posted Image

#162 Slimson

Slimson
  • Members

Posted 15 October 2012 - 03:42 PM

View PostWildeHilde, on 15 October 2012 - 03:05 PM, said:

Good write Helia. I don't agree to all your points but this is a well thought-out post. Thanks for the feedback.

I think a mixture between solid content and personal opinion is good way to go. If you look at World of Ming - the whole concept of the site was to create drama and it build a community. From a personal taste I don't like trolling, but provoking rerollers or people that quit because a class is bad for three weeks is something I would not consider trolling. It's a statement, a provocative one fore sure, but I think provocation is something that fits Khunas profile well. He is not the nice guy next door and trying to paint him like that would fail.

As you can see it stired a discussion about top rogues and let's be honest - rogue rivalry is one of the best topics in WoW arena, it's like discussing Real vs. Barca in soccer. And try to walk in some bars with soccer fans and root for the wrong team... Emotions are part of the game, rivalries are part of the game. The limit I would not cross is lying or directly insulting someone.  

The point is - the scene needs both. It needs the drama, the wild and sometimes unfriendly discussion as well as the solid content. Without the first part arena would be stale. Trashtalking is a huge part of most competitive scenes. You can even look at chess, for example Bobby Fischer vs. Kasparow is probably the most well-known chess series ever played and it had a lot of drama and trashtalking.

FYI khuna seems like a really nice guy, i dont know what the fuck you are talking about. its not like you know him so stop pretending you do just because you're a fanboy.

rogue rivalry is not the best topic in wow arenas, actually its just one of those topics in twitch stream-chats that new players like to discuss to troll/pretend they know something about the game.

ps: little secret - wow is a game, stop comparing it to alot of other shit because wow is meant to be fun while the stuff you are bringing in is not always meant to

#163 Udderly

Udderly
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 1918

Posted 15 October 2012 - 03:51 PM

Kid calls himself 'godx' and 'xlord'
Kid flames other people calling them 'pasty nerds' etc.
Kid never posts anything remotely constructive and thinks that anyone who disagrees with him must be wrong, because it's impossible to have different opinions on something as subjective as who we think is the best at anything.

I try to avoid the flame wars on AJ as much as possible, but man dude - can you just chill out?  The level of annoying in everyone of your non-thought out posts that have zero real contribution to the community is mind numbing.

Grow up.

#164 edthelad

edthelad
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Windwalker 0/1/0/1/0/.

Posted 15 October 2012 - 04:20 PM

That kiddo literally manages to include "pasty nerd" in everyone of his posts.
Posted Image

#165 Regent

Regent
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Holy 2/1/1/2/2/0
  • RBG: 2151

Posted 15 October 2012 - 04:44 PM

View Postedthelad, on 15 October 2012 - 04:20 PM, said:

That kiddo literally manages to include "pasty nerd" in everyone of his posts.

How DARE you talk about him like that, you pasty nerd.

#166 Artofmage

Artofmage
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Fire 0/2/1/1/1/0
  • 2v2: 2055
  • 3v3: 2436

Posted 15 October 2012 - 05:34 PM

Real men dont suck other people's dicks.

#167 samcope14

samcope14
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Subtlety 2/0/0/0/2/.
  • RBG: 1700

Posted 16 October 2012 - 01:52 PM

View PostGambino6, on 14 October 2012 - 01:35 AM, said:

khuna is simply a yocro who was only good during cata where reckful has been a solid player for as long as i can remember, now that cata is over khuna will simply disappear into the abyss along with all the other million yocros this game bread

ik right. faggot cata rogue

#168 samcope14

samcope14
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Subtlety 2/0/0/0/2/.
  • RBG: 1700

Posted 16 October 2012 - 01:58 PM

Real talk:

On rogue -- Khuna>>>>> Reckful( this bro don't even lift lol?!).

^^Just talkin bout skill and desire for competition cuz thats what i found to be the most fun about this game.

Not about the person, both reckful and Khuna are chill dudes. Although reck is a HUGEE sellout :D :D :D :D

woundman #1 mut rog umad?

Not me , i aint even mad doe!

#169 XinchunKe

XinchunKe
  • Members

Posted 16 October 2012 - 02:01 PM

Maybe Shurrik?But that was long before things...

#170 AlcaMage

AlcaMage
  • Members

Posted 16 October 2012 - 02:05 PM

Khuna has always been good...
Dker, Hiren, Woundman, Kalimist, Syrez, Naviz, Khuna, Reckful and even Xom all have been great rogues during their prime.

#171 saladisok

saladisok
  • Members

Posted 16 October 2012 - 02:12 PM

enforcer #1

#172 khuna

khuna
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Assassination 1/1/2/1/1/0
  • RBG: 1942

Posted 16 October 2012 - 02:18 PM

View Postsamcope14, on 16 October 2012 - 01:58 PM, said:

Real talk:

On rogue -- Khuna>>>>> Reckful( this bro don't even lift lol?!).

^^Just talkin bout skill and desire for competition cuz thats what i found to be the most fun about this game.

Not about the person, both reckful and Khuna are chill dudes. Although reck is a HUGEE sellout :D :D :D :D

woundman #1 mut rog umad?

Not me , i aint even mad doe!

come back bitch

hi alca^^ dker was the best rogue ive ever seen play ye

Edited by khuna, 16 October 2012 - 02:18 PM.

#173 Regent

Regent
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Holy 2/1/1/2/2/0
  • RBG: 2151

Posted 16 October 2012 - 02:24 PM

View Postsamcope14, on 16 October 2012 - 01:52 PM, said:

I love you.

#174 Anjinsan

Anjinsan
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Auchindoun
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Discipline 1/2/1/0/1/1
  • RBG: 2414

Posted 16 October 2012 - 03:21 PM

i was mad

#175 Slimson

Slimson
  • Members

Posted 16 October 2012 - 04:09 PM

View Postsamcope14, on 16 October 2012 - 01:52 PM, said:

s9 s10 glad

eat shit

#176 angelownzz

angelownzz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/0/1/2/1
  • 2v2: 1699
  • 3v3: 2022

Posted 16 October 2012 - 04:54 PM

taking shotsssssssssssss

#177 Thugjitsu

Thugjitsu
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Protection 1/1/0/1/1/2
  • RBG: 2222

Posted 16 October 2012 - 05:46 PM

All these names being thrown out (Reckful, Khuna, Neilyo, Kalimist, etc.) are all fucking amazing and the best to ever play rogue.  Of course everyone is going to have their own personal opinions and biases (ie: they dont like one of them personally, they have played with one and not another, etc.), but these retarded comments saying "Reckful is shit"  or "Khuna is terrible" are idiotic and the people saying them should be banned from AJ.  None of the aformentioned players are even close to being bad (and never were), and if you are one of the people saying it you are just a butthurt little girl who cant handle the fact that you will never be as good as them...

Edited by Thugjitsu, 16 October 2012 - 05:47 PM.

Posted Image

#178 Pride7

Pride7
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/0/1/2/2
  • RBG: 192

Posted 16 October 2012 - 06:08 PM

View PostWildeHilde, on 15 October 2012 - 03:05 PM, said:

Good write Helia. I don't agree to all your points but this is a well thought-out post. Thanks for the feedback.

I think a mixture between solid content and personal opinion is good way to go. If you look at World of Ming - the whole concept of the site was to create drama and it build a community. From a personal taste I don't like trolling, but provoking rerollers or people that quit because a class is bad for three weeks is something I would not consider trolling. It's a statement, a provocative one fore sure, but I think provocation is something that fits Khunas profile well. He is not the nice guy next door and trying to paint him like that would fail.

As you can see it stired a discussion about top rogues and let's be honest - rogue rivalry is one of the best topics in WoW arena, it's like discussing Real vs. Barca in soccer. And try to walk in some bars with soccer fans and root for the wrong team... Emotions are part of the game, rivalries are part of the game. The limit I would not cross is lying or directly insulting someone.  

The point is - the scene needs both. It needs the drama, the wild and sometimes unfriendly discussion as well as the solid content. Without the first part arena would be stale. Trashtalking is a huge part of most competitive scenes. You can even look at chess, for example Bobby Fischer vs. Kasparow is probably the most well-known chess series ever played and it had a lot of drama and trashtalking.

I think you might be missing something important.  The scene needs both but there is a key component in both Ming and other successful games that I'm not sure is being accounted for.  

1. TL and Reddit for SC2- the perfect example.  TL brings a centralized hub for events and formal thoughts about upcoming elite level events (read: korean) by staff writers.  The forums are heavily moderated and such things.  Reddit brings other news, discussion, esports news, memes, images, youtube links, stream links (for the unpopular/uncommon streamers) and almost no moderating (outside of down votes etc).

2. AJ + WoM circa WoM existing- People went to WoM for drama and the occasional 1/1000 useful posts and AJ was (relatively more) serious.  AJ doesn't equate to TL by any means, but there was still a division in expectations (ofc threads like the MS Paint Rage thread which mostly was there for laughs and silent class battles).  

Both examples obviously use two different exclusive hubs and I think that is important to note, Hilde.  I first read your post and thought it was actually funny how it could be so blatantly biased, but I realized that AJ =/= Old AJ =/= TL.  I think this is also demonstrated in all the "what happened to this site posts,"- clearly AJ must not be what it used to be.  Additionally, it doesn't really seem like AJ has formally said what its direction is.  Things are slow moving and the site doesn't progress to fast or with much direction (probably attributed to the state of the scene and the dev's shitty way of developing pvp).  

As a last thought, although your journalistic points are valid, I'm not convinced that AJ can really do a mix of both drama and serious content.  The points made before are valid- a front page post with shots being fired etc while also providing content traffic for a well known player.  Yes, it brings traffic.  And yes it is confusing for the many people who have been here forever, who have been used to this site as being a forum for game discussion and thoughts, not random fanboying by staff members.  The journalistic viewpoint/arguments you gave are true- drama brings traffic etc, but I'm not sure if AJ wants to try and be the only central hub for pvp, as well as the hub for all of its drama.  If it does, I think it should be made more clear that a transition in direction of the site was/has been made, as I don't ever recall AJ being as bad as it is currently (little game discussion with large increases of traffic for s11 drama threads).

tl;dr: Not sure if one website being the drama + news/game discussion is what AJ wants (is? is going for? w/e fuck.)

#179 l0liv3r

l0liv3r
  • Junkies
  • Worgenclass_name
  • EU-Scarshield Legion
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Guardian 0/1/2/1/2/0

Posted 16 October 2012 - 07:14 PM

Real men dont play wow at all.
Can we actually see music?

We can.
proof? follow the link.

http://www.youtube.c...GvAA&playnext=1

My Stream - http://www.twitch.tv/l0liv3r Streaming Arena + other games quite often. Mainly swedish speaking skype.

#180 dogfighterx

dogfighterx
  • Members

Posted 16 October 2012 - 07:47 PM

View Postl0liv3r, on 16 October 2012 - 07:14 PM, said:

Real men dont play wow at all.
Real men don't stop playing the game and then hang around at a forum about the game where everyone hates you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<