• Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Blackrock
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Arms 2/1/2/1/1/0
  • RBG: 2160

Posted 14 October 2012 - 11:18 AM

View PostTwocat, on 13 October 2012 - 09:35 PM, said:

I watch Reckful because he's a legitimate nice person, and doesn't have the elitist attitude nearly all R1 players seem to have(that has been shown many times throughout this thread.)

He really does feel like a role model for what arena players should act like.

THIS THIS THIS

sorry im out of reps for today, but your post is the best on this thread

#142 dramaisgood

dramaisgood
  • Members

Posted 14 October 2012 - 03:21 PM

View PostSkizzlol, on 14 October 2012 - 06:11 AM, said:

#1 BC rogue = Neilyo (imo the most influential player of all time, because BC pvp was when people cared ALOT about the game)
#1 Wrath rogue = Kalimist hands down, his situational awareness and synergy with his team was amazing
#1 Cata rogue = Khuna, he won the most tournaments and did very well on live playing a variety of comps.
#1 Entertainer = Reckful

Since these are opinions you are free to disagree. It is impossible to realistically say who is #1 because wow pvp success is pretty much immeasurable. Hell even Zilea won a world championship. Has anyone ever thought he was the best paladin?

The one intangible that Reckful has going for him is that his videos are entertaining. People like to be entertained, especially the retards and average players. If you cheap shot the team 5 times and save someone for 3 seconds and then switch clips you look like a god but really didnt accomplish anything, you just delayed the inevitable. Reckful (or his editor) did a very good job at showing awesome things that he did but, like any movie, a lot of it is just for show. There is a reason that reckful did not stomp every single tournament in WOTLK, he only won one. Barely. And it was mainly Snutz that put the team on his back. He is not the worlds best rogue or player, he was very good and in the top 3 most of the time.

The EU vs USA is always fun...but...lets be honest boys.

KOREA #1

looking for mage of ojmarm's caliber for rmp S12! Hit me up if you know any!

your race is ugly to look at

#143 hollowlithium

hollowlithium
  • Members

Posted 14 October 2012 - 04:00 PM

Pretty sure Laserfeet was the best Rogue in Wrath.

#144 Godx

Godx
  • Xlordzapple
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Drak'Tharon
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents: Subtlety 2/2/2/1/1/0

Posted 14 October 2012 - 04:17 PM

Once people start calling Khuna the best rogue, you know this thread isn't worth posting in anymore. Stay pasty nerds.
Http://twitch.tv/LordZapple
Http://youtube.com/LordZapple
The God You Once Believed In, Only Better And More Perfect, Godx.

#145 Porkz

Porkz
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Discipline 1/2/1/1/1/0
  • RBG: 2096
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 14 October 2012 - 04:30 PM

View PostGodx, on 14 October 2012 - 04:17 PM, said:

Once people start calling Khuna the best rogue, you know this thread isn't worth posting in anymore. Stay pasty nerds.

Who are you again?

#146 breakinirl

breakinirl
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Combat 0/0/1/0/0/2
  • RBG: 1468

Posted 14 October 2012 - 04:42 PM

what does this have to do with rogues and priests being bad and khuna's video ^_^ calm down all are good players
Nah

#147 Enyalius

Enyalius
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Auchindoun
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Arms 0/1/2/1/1/1
  • LocationNORWAY YO

Posted 14 October 2012 - 05:40 PM

Arguing like real men, or? AJ #1

/^^^^^^\

<(õ_õ)>

./|\.

/\

#148 Galaleo

Galaleo
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 14 October 2012 - 06:47 PM

View PostFunstuffxD, on 13 October 2012 - 04:45 PM, said:

Stop sucking his dick already, 90% of your posts are Khuna related

this.

cock sucking fanboy.

#149 Libyanator

Libyanator
  • Barasi
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Retribution 2/0/0/2/2/0
  • RBG: 2401

Posted 14 October 2012 - 06:56 PM

Edited by Libyanator, 14 October 2012 - 06:56 PM.

[3:54:02 AM] Obelodalix: When it's full on flop
[3:54:06 AM] Obelodalix: Mine just gets lost
[3:54:09 AM] Obelodalix: in a sea of balls
[3:54:11 AM] Obelodalix: cuz I'm danny hart

#150 frest

frest
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormreaver
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Combat
  • RBG: 2200

Posted 14 October 2012 - 10:22 PM

nice rogue but you should try playing with priest named sithynyo, he is really good
mess with the best fuck the (f)rest :rogue:
Posted Image

:confused::confused:

#151 Justwoo

Justwoo
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Discipline 2/2/1/1/2/2

Posted 15 October 2012 - 07:19 AM

not enough cats
Posted Image

#152 Alain

Alain
  • Members

Posted 15 October 2012 - 08:00 AM

at the vid post: Reckful while playing on a tournament.
If u watched Khuna owning at the gamescom, everyone will see the difference between good players and the best.
Khuna #1

#153 Helia

Helia
  • Members

Posted 15 October 2012 - 09:40 AM

I think there are many things to say about this news.

The content :
The video is great and I'm always learning some new stuff from Khuna's videos. That's what make his content entertaining. Watching it several times to find tricks, ...
Promoting this kind of content is the best thing that can be provided to the whole community. Including low-rated player as me who do not always visit forums and who can't post in there.
Yes, they're doing good, ofc. If Zunniyaki was trained as I am in arena, I would feel very very sad for him.
I've always wondered why Talbadar's YouTube channel was not promoted at all on AJ's front page. His videos are cool and his explanations amazing and help alot people at every level.
Some explanations given on Venruki's stream were also good on how to set up a burst as shadow priest.
This kind of content must be in AJ's frontpage. This kind of content must bury every QQ thread in forum's limbo.

The style :
A huge disappointment for me. Honestly.
As I saw the title of this news in the top left corner of AJ, I instantly thought it was the 1000th trolling topic of the week and did not click it.
I had to visit AJ three times to actually see it was a news.
You're doing it wrong imo. In France we use to say "L'enfer est pavé de bonnes intentions" which could be translated to : "The road to hell is paved with good intentions" but I don't know if the idiom exists in English.
I could not sum up this piece of news in better words. You want to provide highly valuable content, that's your role and that's what you enjoy. You think the community diserves to be informed, you fight for e-sport and think this kind of video is driving everyone in the good way. Yes, indeed, you're totally right, but by flaming the whole community in a news on the main page you're giving the rod to your own back.
On the worst part of it, you directly implicated both Khuna and Zunniyaki. You said Khuna approved what you did there. I should hope so ! But as a content editor, you have to protect content providers. You have to make things look great and think on the long run. What's best for Khuna in your opinion. Being associated to a flame war ? Even if it's ironic ? Or showing he cares about the community by saying "yeah, rogues and disc aren't at their best atm, but here are some tips that may help you succeed even if it's not the easiest moment to play".
Some people started comparing Khuna and Reckful. Even if it's not relevant in this context, I can't blame them. I'm pretty convinced Khuna is someone as nice as Reckful can be. He helped a lot of people here and there and always answers the questions you ask him nicely. But a lot of people are putting words into his mouth to make him look as a bad guy. He also kinda played the "overconfident badass-guy" before at EU-tournament, that might have decreased his popularity rating. But associating him with a flaming-oriented news is not making things better.
I'm sure a lot of people hating him would really be ashamed when seeing how nice he can be when you ask him directly some questions. Maybe that's what people are wainting for, instead of a news that makes him look pretentious.
At face value, this news look sounds like "Hey watched you reroller morons, I still destroy your face". Yes it's not that way it should be read, but you can't blame people for not understanding the new in the figurative way.
You tried to play, you obviously lost at the community, and that's a really bad advertisement for both of you.

The justification :
I think that's what made me feel the most sad about this news.
Instead of promoting content and trying to boost the community at higher level, you're playing the flame war and then start blaming them for it in the comments.
What did you expect ? Sincerely ? You're justifying the style you used (flaming people, even if it's figurative or ironic) by saying "it was the best way to promote it" and then you say "admit you love flaming and trolling". Yeah, instead of showing everyone the right path to follow, you're playing the flame war. And why ? To promote content. Maybe it worked. And prolly you achieved what you wanted to in the short run. But think on the long run. You might have hugely discredited yourself with this news, and above all with this poor justification.

Conclusion :
The content is good, th style is totally wrong imo.
You're not objective. That's not a serious problem for now but it must be one on the long run.
What you're trying to achieve and what you described two pages before is fantastic for the community, but your lack of objectivity must be a huge pitfall you gotta face and work on.

I must confess I saw you and all of your ideas and initiatives as a hope for this community to improve, and now I'm really disappointed.

#154 dogfighterx

dogfighterx
  • Members

Posted 15 October 2012 - 11:30 AM

View PostHelia, on 15 October 2012 - 09:40 AM, said:

I think there are many things to say about this news.
Fire Hilde and hire this guy

#155 Nycto

Nycto
  • Junkies

Posted 15 October 2012 - 11:50 AM

View PostGodx, on 14 October 2012 - 04:17 PM, said:

Calls everyone nerds, calls himself godx and xlord.

rofl

#156 Helia

Helia
  • Members

Posted 15 October 2012 - 12:58 PM

View Postdogfighterx, on 15 October 2012 - 11:30 AM, said:

"Fire Hilde and hire this guy"
Oh for god's sake no.

Please don't put words into my mouth :-(

I must have been a bit harsh but I usually like content posted by Hilde and think he receives a lot of non diserved hate. But I also think it's important to learn from your mistakes. And I tried to be as constructive as possible. Even if it's necesserily subjective.

Moreover it's totally legit to beat around the good way to promote content before finding the best one.

#157 WildeHilde

WildeHilde
  • Content Editors
  • Curse Premium
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Combat 1/1/2/1/1/0
  • RBG: 2215
  • LocationSouthern Germany

Posted 15 October 2012 - 03:05 PM

Good write Helia. I don't agree to all your points but this is a well thought-out post. Thanks for the feedback.

I think a mixture between solid content and personal opinion is good way to go. If you look at World of Ming - the whole concept of the site was to create drama and it build a community. From a personal taste I don't like trolling, but provoking rerollers or people that quit because a class is bad for three weeks is something I would not consider trolling. It's a statement, a provocative one fore sure, but I think provocation is something that fits Khunas profile well. He is not the nice guy next door and trying to paint him like that would fail.

As you can see it stired a discussion about top rogues and let's be honest - rogue rivalry is one of the best topics in WoW arena, it's like discussing Real vs. Barca in soccer. And try to walk in some bars with soccer fans and root for the wrong team... Emotions are part of the game, rivalries are part of the game. The limit I would not cross is lying or directly insulting someone.  

The point is - the scene needs both. It needs the drama, the wild and sometimes unfriendly discussion as well as the solid content. Without the first part arena would be stale. Trashtalking is a huge part of most competitive scenes. You can even look at chess, for example Bobby Fischer vs. Kasparow is probably the most well-known chess series ever played and it had a lot of drama and trashtalking.

#158 ardnut

ardnut
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 1743

Posted 15 October 2012 - 03:06 PM

Hilde is a huge fanboy and I can see why some of you are pissed that someone who hasn't earned it posts in junkie sections... but I guess that's a perk of the job.

He's putting in a lot of effort to get content out and he is also trying to get tournaments going.  I feel all the abuse he gets is over the top.  You guys are going to end up burning him out and we will lose good content.  Not to mention the tournaments he is trying to set up.  There is only so much abuse people will put up with... which is probably what some of you guys are counting on.
* RBG/PvP Guild * Stormscale EU * Recruitment Thread * Click Below *
Posted Image

#159 Slimson

Slimson
  • Members

Posted 15 October 2012 - 03:42 PM

View PostWildeHilde, on 15 October 2012 - 03:05 PM, said:

Good write Helia. I don't agree to all your points but this is a well thought-out post. Thanks for the feedback.

I think a mixture between solid content and personal opinion is good way to go. If you look at World of Ming - the whole concept of the site was to create drama and it build a community. From a personal taste I don't like trolling, but provoking rerollers or people that quit because a class is bad for three weeks is something I would not consider trolling. It's a statement, a provocative one fore sure, but I think provocation is something that fits Khunas profile well. He is not the nice guy next door and trying to paint him like that would fail.

As you can see it stired a discussion about top rogues and let's be honest - rogue rivalry is one of the best topics in WoW arena, it's like discussing Real vs. Barca in soccer. And try to walk in some bars with soccer fans and root for the wrong team... Emotions are part of the game, rivalries are part of the game. The limit I would not cross is lying or directly insulting someone.  

The point is - the scene needs both. It needs the drama, the wild and sometimes unfriendly discussion as well as the solid content. Without the first part arena would be stale. Trashtalking is a huge part of most competitive scenes. You can even look at chess, for example Bobby Fischer vs. Kasparow is probably the most well-known chess series ever played and it had a lot of drama and trashtalking.

FYI khuna seems like a really nice guy, i dont know what the fuck you are talking about. its not like you know him so stop pretending you do just because you're a fanboy.

rogue rivalry is not the best topic in wow arenas, actually its just one of those topics in twitch stream-chats that new players like to discuss to troll/pretend they know something about the game.

ps: little secret - wow is a game, stop comparing it to alot of other shit because wow is meant to be fun while the stuff you are bringing in is not always meant to

#160 Udderly

Udderly
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 1918

Posted 15 October 2012 - 03:51 PM

Kid calls himself 'godx' and 'xlord'
Kid flames other people calling them 'pasty nerds' etc.
Kid never posts anything remotely constructive and thinks that anyone who disagrees with him must be wrong, because it's impossible to have different opinions on something as subjective as who we think is the best at anything.

I try to avoid the flame wars on AJ as much as possible, but man dude - can you just chill out?  The level of annoying in everyone of your non-thought out posts that have zero real contribution to the community is mind numbing.

Grow up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<