Darkmoon healing trink for PVP ?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Mindtrixx

Mindtrixx
  • Members

Posted 08 October 2012 - 07:57 AM

Hey gents

I have just finished my Darkmoon card (relic of Chi Ji - cant hyperlink) and I am wondering - will this trinket still best healers choice for arena's, bg's ? Not sure if the int/spirit portion on it is worth ignoring pvp power..

Thanks a lot for advise (the more complex explanation, the better:-) )

#2 Evolute

Evolute
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/0/1/0/0/0
  • 3v3: 1936
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationCanada

Posted 08 October 2012 - 09:10 AM

Healers actually probably have some flexibility in their second trinket. Regain is something that you can't come by from PVP trinkets, so it's really going to depend on if you want the added survivability of the battlemaster, or regain.

Intellect is about even in terms out output with PVP power for most healers, so swapping out the trinket isn't the end of the world. You're basically trading damage output for regain, which some would say is the better option.

Now, in regeards to Chi Ji, I'm not sure if it will be the best choice as there will probably be better PvE trinkets than it. Qin-xi's Polarizing Seal (1k spirit, 3.2k int proc) could be better, and Spirits of the Sun (1.1k int, 6.9k spirit proc) is literally more than double the proc of the darkmoon card (6.9k instead of 3k spirit).

For now, I would test it out in battlegrounds and some arenas to see if you need the regain or the survivability.

Posted Image

#3 Mindtrixx

Mindtrixx
  • Members

Posted 08 October 2012 - 10:28 AM

Thanks for quick response buddy, it makes sense to test and see. I am not very much into pvp so I was not sure if it is just not required to stack pvp power everywhere you can.

I really like Spirits of the Sun trinket too, however its ICD (105sec) makes is slightly worst option than Darkmoon card (45sec). DT:Tsunami was pvp bis across whole Cata (arguably), hope it will be such a great trinket also on Mists..

#4 Remade

Remade
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Frost 1/0/0/2/1/2/.
  • 2v2: 1440
  • RBG: 576

Posted 08 October 2012 - 10:58 PM

View PostMindtrixx, on 08 October 2012 - 10:28 AM, said:

Thanks for quick response buddy, it makes sense to test and see. I am not very much into pvp so I was not sure if it is just not required to stack pvp power everywhere you can.

I really like Spirits of the Sun trinket too, however its ICD (105sec) makes is slightly worst option than Darkmoon card (45sec). DT:Tsunami was pvp bis across whole Cata (arguably), hope it will be such a great trinket also on Mists..

yeah the difference is Tsunami was used before pvp power. With the introduction of pvp power it changes gearing and means maybe it is not so good to use PvE trinkets as much.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<