• Curse Sites
Help

Affliction vs Destruction, this season ?

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

#61 lazeyx

lazeyx
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Blackrock
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Demonology 2/2/0/1/1/2

Posted 17 November 2012 - 12:48 PM

View PostTteSPORTSDoomsen, on 16 November 2012 - 10:14 PM, said:

This happened to me the other day while I was facing a WLS - http://www.twitch.tv...n/c/1732246����
I love Demos :)

lots of rng and your teammates fucked up badly

#62 saffie

saffie
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Destruction 0/1/2/0/2/1
  • RBG: 2112

Posted 17 November 2012 - 01:30 PM

Yeah but lets be objective, thats pretty stupid. Don't defend warlocks just because you are one, demo is indeed retarded mostly because it doesnt have to cast but also that chaos wave with cds up hit way too hard, and aoe.

Most of us don't even enjoy the playstyle of demo and want affli back... or even destro to be fixed, thus we play demo. They should probably make changes so that you have to cast more in general, and nerf dark soul to 12k mastery or so but make it undispellable.

Still though lets not forget warlocks are still below warriors, mages and shadow priests and perhaps on par with hunters. That being said the burst HAS to be fixed.

#63 TteSPORTSDoomsen

TteSPORTSDoomsen
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Frostmane
  • Misery
  • Talents: Restoration 1/2/2/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 2228
  • 3v3: 2702
  • RBG: 2159
  • LocationTyskland

Posted 17 November 2012 - 01:58 PM

View Postlazeyx, on 17 November 2012 - 12:48 PM, said:

lots of rng and your teammates fucked up badly

Is it RNG when a  demo lock kills someone through an Iceblock? Because that mage was obviously in a block a second before he died.

#64 Megan89

Megan89
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Sanguino
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Affliction 0/2/0/0/0/0
  • LocationVerona

Posted 17 November 2012 - 02:04 PM

View Postsaffie, on 17 November 2012 - 01:30 PM, said:

Yeah but lets be objective, thats pretty stupid. Don't defend warlocks just because you are one, demo is indeed retarded mostly because it doesnt have to cast but also that chaos wave with cds up hit way too hard, and aoe.

Most of us don't even enjoy the playstyle of demo and want affli back... or even destro to be fixed, thus we play demo. They should probably make changes so that you have to cast more in general, and nerf dark soul to 12k mastery or so but make it undispellable.

Still though lets not forget warlocks are still below warriors, mages and shadow priests and perhaps on par with hunters. That being said the burst HAS to be fixed.

totaly agree,i want affly back.

/Posted Image

#65 Eiviyn

Eiviyn
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Defias Brotherhood
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Destruction 0/2/0/0/2/0

Posted 17 November 2012 - 02:43 PM

View PostTteSPORTSDoomsen, on 17 November 2012 - 01:58 PM, said:

Is it RNG when a  demo lock kills someone through an Iceblock? Because that mage was obviously in a block a second before he died.

Chaos Wave "hits" when you cast it, not when the graphic lands. The damage is delayed, but still ignores any effects that are present AFTER casting that weren't there WHEN casting.

"That's stupid stop defending it"

Yeah, it is, just explaining why he died.

#66 lazeyx

lazeyx
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Blackrock
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm

Posted 17 November 2012 - 02:59 PM

View Postsaffie, on 17 November 2012 - 01:30 PM, said:

lol i didnt even intend to defend demo locks.. i totally agree with you in every point
but its a fact that there was a lot of rng... and your mage blocked way too late. It looks like hes dying while in block but this is just some kind of server lag, he pressed the button, the game took it too late but still showed the animation, this happens to a lot of shamans i know with SLT, they drop it, the animation shows up but somebody still dies

#67 Domesauce

Domesauce
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Affliction 0/0/1/0/2/1
  • RBG: 2098

Posted 17 November 2012 - 03:06 PM

View PostEiviyn, on 17 November 2012 - 02:43 PM, said:

Chaos Wave "hits" when you cast it, not when the graphic lands. The damage is delayed, but still ignores any effects that are present AFTER casting that weren't there WHEN casting.

So you can outrun a Chaos Wave, but you can't Ice Block it? That's a pretty sweet mechanic.

Edited by Domesauce, 17 November 2012 - 03:07 PM.

#68 majorblood

majorblood
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/1/2/2/1
  • RBG: 2202

Posted 17 November 2012 - 07:53 PM

View PostEiviyn, on 17 November 2012 - 02:43 PM, said:

Are you certain? Nadagast tested this on stream with shield wall and shield wall reduced the damage.

Edited by majorblood, 17 November 2012 - 07:54 PM.

#69 saffie

saffie
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery

Posted 17 November 2012 - 09:30 PM

View Postmajorblood, on 17 November 2012 - 07:53 PM, said:

Are you certain? Nadagast tested this on stream with shield wall and shield wall reduced the damage.

You are right, I tried it with deterence, he detered after seeing the chaos wave go down and still deflected it.

#70 lazeyx

lazeyx
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Blackrock
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm

Posted 17 November 2012 - 10:14 PM

of course you CAN block it, but this mage just died to a server delay

#71 Shadowtiger

Shadowtiger
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • EU-Stormreaver
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Beast Mastery

Posted 17 November 2012 - 11:01 PM

Probably like you sometimes (happend to me today) hit the detrerrence, you die.

Combat log: Ravage hits you for blaablaa, blaablaa overkill.

Deterrence on cooldown, saw the animation, nothing about deterrence in combat log.

Edit: Referring to the server delay

Edited by Shadowtiger, 17 November 2012 - 11:01 PM.

#72 saffie

saffie
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:12 AM

Another thing that has to change (maybe some of you don't know this) is that you can teleport twice as demo. Your tp cd is different if you are in meta form. So you can tp twice in a row. Thats pretty op if you ask me.

But what we really need is a passive damage reduction, losing soul link has hurt warlocks more than losing any other ability, I mean the normal soul link not what we have now where we have to choose from other defensive talents. Moonkin form, shadow form, defensive stance etc all give passive damage reduction, warlocks take full damage from every single spell, thus its very likely that you will die in a deep to a single mage if you dont have trinket from 100 to 0. That has to change for sure.

#73 Thaya

Thaya
  • Moderators
  • LocationRussia

Posted 23 November 2012 - 02:54 PM

Yeah. The whole reason I played warlock and DK in this game is because I enjoyed doing constant pressure and looking for kill opportunities by said pressure and CC, and because I enjoy tanky classes that don't rely exclusively on cooldowns to survive.

They took away everything I've liked this season.
Default UI Scripts - Compilation & how-to

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<