• Curse Sites
Help

Affliction vs Destruction, this season ?

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

#1 Bonjourhihi

Bonjourhihi
  • Wèntworth
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Blackrock
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Affliction 0/2/2/0/2/0
  • RBG: 583

Posted 07 October 2012 - 02:21 PM

Hey !

Affliction or Destruction during this season ?

Which one is gonna be the best ? i didn't tried yet in arena.

I heard affli isn't at his best and i really don't want to play destro, i find the gameplay really horrible and pointless.

Edited by Bonjourhihi, 07 October 2012 - 02:24 PM.

#2 Pawzz

Pawzz
  • Content Editors
  • Curse Premium
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Beast Mastery
  • LocationAustria

Posted 07 October 2012 - 03:23 PM

Dno, I dont like destro because the damage is easier to stop

#3 Malevolént

Malevolént
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Onyxia
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 07 October 2012 - 05:17 PM

Welcome to WoW, where sometimes your class gets shitty with an addon so you don't enjoy it anymore.

That's how I felt in Cata. Destro <3

#4 Venoma

Venoma
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Destruction 0/2/2/2/2/1
  • RBG: 2218

Posted 07 October 2012 - 05:19 PM

I think destro is superior. I could be wrong though, haven't played much arena.

#5 Chizzey

Chizzey
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Blackrock
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Arms 2/1/2/1/1/0
  • RBG: 2160

Posted 07 October 2012 - 05:35 PM

just play destro if you play with a mage

#6 Rinolduus

Rinolduus
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Blackmoore
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Subtlety
  • RBG: 192

Posted 07 October 2012 - 05:44 PM

I played Affli in Arena so far (shadow/affli/resto druid), been working better than destro but it might be because of the comp.

Destro is VERY good in RBGs, you can cc/burst really well.

Although I feel like the damage is really easy to stop in arena and you don't actually do a lot of damage outside of your cooldowns.
I would love to play destro with a mage, but I think in WLD/Shadowplay (my current comps) affli is better.

#7 Blackdawn

Blackdawn
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Der Rat von Dalaran
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Unholy

Posted 07 October 2012 - 06:43 PM

agreed with rino here
one life, one chance

#8 dreschnuu99

dreschnuu99
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Destruction 0/2/2/0/2/1
  • RBG: 2346

Posted 07 October 2012 - 06:58 PM

destro 4 lyfe bitchz
Posted Image

#9 Bonjourhihi

Bonjourhihi
  • Wèntworth
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Blackrock
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:44 PM

i did a couple of game in destro, the gameplay is so noob, even worse then wotlk

#10 Wallirik

Wallirik
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Affliction 0/2/0/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 2420
  • 3v3: 3034
  • 5v5: 2614
  • RBG: 2526

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:54 PM

View PostBonjourhihi, on 07 October 2012 - 07:44 PM, said:

i did a couple of game in destro, the gameplay is so noob, even worse then wotlk

destro wotlk finesse fu

#11 Bonjourhihi

Bonjourhihi
  • Wèntworth
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Blackrock
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm

Posted 07 October 2012 - 08:21 PM

and the burst is so avoidable lol, a player with a brain will never get killed by a destro in arena

Edited by Bonjourhihi, 07 October 2012 - 08:21 PM.

#12 Nycto

Nycto
  • Junkies

Posted 07 October 2012 - 08:22 PM

View PostBonjourhihi, on 07 October 2012 - 08:21 PM, said:

and the burst is so avoidable lol, a player with a brain will never get killed by a destro in arena

i killed sharkou!

#13 Malevolént

Malevolént
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Onyxia
  • Raserei / Frenzy

Posted 07 October 2012 - 09:35 PM

View PostBonjourhihi, on 07 October 2012 - 08:21 PM, said:

Why is the burst more avoidable than in Wotlk? I don't think you can always avoid Chaosbolt.

I didn't play any arena so far and just some BGs (still leveling bc of sick Blackrock queues...), but I really like the specc atm.

#14 Bonjourhihi

Bonjourhihi
  • Wèntworth
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Blackrock
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm

Posted 07 October 2012 - 10:48 PM

Why is the burst more avoidable than in Wotlk? I don't think you can always avoid Chaosbolt.

Because we had coil, howl, shadowfury + 30% haste in wotlk, cast time was so fast ! Conflag and Incinerate were doing nice damage which its not the case in MoP.

Actual destro doesn't burst at all without demon soul + trinket, so basically if you manage to cast your chaos bolt under demon soul + trinket, you should do a big crit and you have some chance to one shot.
If your target didn't took a one shot, you have to wait 2 min again.
Any average players will always keep something to stop you from casting it.

Numbers :

Chaos bolt without demon soul + trinket = 80k ~
Chaos bolt with demon soul + trinket = 120k to 250k i guess but very hard to cast, because when they see you using your cds, they just use everything to stop you.

Anyway, i don't like lock MoP gameplay, not because this isn't OP, because the gameplay is completely shit to me.

Edited by Bonjourhihi, 07 October 2012 - 10:58 PM.

#15 varvaros

varvaros
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Genjuros
  • Raserei / Frenzy

Posted 08 October 2012 - 06:46 AM

Played both speccs in arena 2's/3's and bg.
My thoughts(i have full gear):

Affliction's multi target pressure in arena is really bad without cd.It doesn't seem to create enough pressure to help switches in comparison to other expansions.On the other hand we have some nice burst with haunt and malefic.The specc works in some comps but its worse than what it could be.

Destruction is stupid in my opinion.The difference between using cd or not, is huge.(sadly this is the case for many classes).Without cd i feel like hiting raid bosses as the hp doesnt drop unless i cast chaos.WIth 17% crit and incinerate doing between 12-20k you are not going to pressure anything.I couldn't burn through a warrior's below 35% regen(i think is 11k hps) until i got 2 embers for chaos shadowburn combo.With demon soul and trinket is a different story.The dmg is sick,I could kill a full geared healer without trinket from 100-0 with chaos->shadowfury->chaos->silence->1or2 confl and shadowburn.So i believe destro atm is working wonders in comps that you can setup the burst without getting interrupted,

So...as a die hard affl i dont like this expansion,,,and adding all the other shit,which i cant believe went through beta...i kinda regret buying this game.Hey at least you can 1 shot people in bg's and have "fun".
Neigh! Whinny!

#16 Nycto

Nycto
  • Junkies

Posted 08 October 2012 - 11:44 AM

View Postvarvaros, on 08 October 2012 - 06:46 AM, said:

Played both speccs in arena 2's/3's and bg.
My thoughts(i have full gear):

Affliction's multi target pressure in arena is really bad without cd.It doesn't seem to create enough pressure to help switches in comparison to other expansions.On the other hand we have some nice burst with haunt and malefic.The specc works in some comps but its worse than what it could be.

Destruction is stupid in my opinion.The difference between using cd or not, is huge.(sadly this is the case for many classes).Without cd i feel like hiting raid bosses as the hp doesnt drop unless i cast chaos.WIth 17% crit and incinerate doing between 12-20k you are not going to pressure anything.I couldn't burn through a warrior's below 35% regen(i think is 11k hps) until i got 2 embers for chaos shadowburn combo.With demon soul and trinket is a different story.The dmg is sick,I could kill a full geared healer without trinket from 100-0 with chaos->shadowfury->chaos->silence->1or2 confl and shadowburn.So i believe destro atm is working wonders in comps that you can setup the burst without getting interrupted,

So...as a die hard affl i dont like this expansion,,,and adding all the other shit,which i cant believe went through beta...i kinda regret buying this game.Hey at least you can 1 shot people in bg's and have "fun".
how can you have 17% crit..? how much int, pvp power and mastery do you have (unbuffed)

#17 Nearz

Nearz
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Rashgarroth
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Protection

Posted 08 October 2012 - 01:55 PM

Totally depends on the comp you're playing.

Playing a shadowplay, my lock is always first at damage done and he is really easy to keep safe (i'm the healer).
I've the feeling that the comp won't be better with a destro lock.

I'ved face a LSP (destro elem dp) and seriously, this team is awesome with a destro since you get root and stun by the shaman and instant fear by the lock, providing a lot of free time to cast and almost OS one player.

Don't know how this team will perform against melee team but seeing what this LSP was doing with a priest, I do believe that a S8 LSD would be just awesome (the drood would have to assist during burst phase).

#18 Chanimal

Chanimal

Posted 08 October 2012 - 02:17 PM

RBGs always destro, ua damage is horrible without demon soul and even if you top damage metres people just selfheal through your dots anyway

2s/3s depends on comp. dont like how locks are so dependent on demon soul to really do damage now
twitch.tv/chanimaly follow me!

#19 fearlol

fearlol
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Destruction 0/1/2/0/2/2
  • RBG: 1531

Posted 08 October 2012 - 02:58 PM

the thing is healing is way too high atm also hybrids doing shit loads of healing its not even funny . as destru i do more healing than my disc priest in 2s, any ways for rbgs and 2s im destru and im gonna try some fire mls as affliction  to see how it goes .

#20 Blackdawn

Blackdawn
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Der Rat von Dalaran
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Unholy

Posted 08 October 2012 - 05:42 PM

wtf is demon soul? isnt that gone since mop?
one life, one chance

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<