#1 salice

salice
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Rivendare
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:51 PM

Just wanted to start a thread so that we could collectively discuss priorities, talents, glyphs, reforges, etc.

I'll start off.

The most popular question that seems to go around is about PvP Power.  Personally I think this is the greatest and strongest stat of anything regarded with pvp.  Currently with over 8000 it gives me 30% EXTRA healing or damage.  Also included with stat budgeting, gemming PvP power I think is going to be the way to go for how strong it is and how much you'll be able to get.

#2 Athlete

Athlete
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/2/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 288
  • 3v3: 2167
  • 5v5: 862
  • RBG: 2364

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:36 PM

how is your mana pool doing with that much pvp power?  I've been leaning towards spirit a lot since its the most valuable stat in PvE (using jc spirit gems in two blues, and spirit/resil gems in yellows because pvppower/resil was too expensive on my server)  What race are you?
Posted Image

#3 salice

salice
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Rivendare
  • Emberstorm

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:41 PM

I'm human.  My mana has been pretty fine.  I'm at 9k regen during combat right now with 2 JC spirit gems.  I'm also running the judgement/flash of light spec and holy prism.  I haven't ever ran into any mana issues with all the games I've ran so far.  I may be interested in getting more regen once I run a different comp but since I'm running with casters, the CC and peels they provide make sure I don't have to overheal too much.

#4 Athlete

Athlete
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/2/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 288
  • 3v3: 2167
  • 5v5: 862
  • RBG: 2364

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:47 PM

Selfless Healer is -extremely- good with mana conservation so I'm kind of curious how you would do with Sacred Shield.  The setup you're running makes sense with casters because you don't need to ever spam heal.  The only thing I didn't like about Selfless Healer is that it doesn't add much to your own survivability due to the bonus to healing only working on other players, but you shouldn't need to worry about that much playing wizards.  Sacred Shield is -amazing- dispel fodder as well for freedom and sac if you're playing with a warrior for example.
Posted Image

#5 Averium

Averium
  • Junkies

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:50 PM

atm am reforging mix crit + mastery on my gear + bom buff i go like 30% ...mana wise don't have any problems till now pvp power i think is best stat atm and geming pvp power is way 2 go atm

and about 3s comb warrior /mage/paladin is working for mage are so dam op

#6 salice

salice
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Rivendare
  • Emberstorm

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:56 PM

View PostAthlete, on 04 October 2012 - 09:47 PM, said:

Selfless Healer is -extremely- good with mana conservation so I'm kind of curious how you would do with Sacred Shield.  The setup you're running makes sense with casters because you don't need to ever spam heal.  The only thing I didn't like about Selfless Healer is that it doesn't add much to your own survivability due to the bonus to healing only working on other players, but you shouldn't need to worry about that much playing wizards.  Sacred Shield is -amazing- dispel fodder as well for freedom and sac if you're playing with a warrior for example.

It's true that since selfless healer doesn't add extra healing on myself I still find it so useful.  Mainly because of the extremely fast cast time of it or even instant.  It's been extremely good for getting those casts off, getting an extra holy power etc.  I've given thought to try SS out mainly for like 2's with a repent spec.  But with my focus on 3's with casters I've been loving this spec so much.  

I'm going to run some melee teams like KFC and PHD this weekend so I'll probably give SS a try when I run that.  I'll repost with how I see it works.

View PostAverium, on 04 October 2012 - 09:50 PM, said:

atm am reforging mix crit + mastery on my gear + bom buff i go like 30% ...mana wise don't have any problems till now pvp power i think is best stat atm and geming pvp power is way 2 go atm

and about 3s comb warrior /mage/paladin is working for mage are so dam op

Ya mage warrior seems to be one of the top melee+caster comps atm.  I've seen it ran with druid and pally mainly and it's pretty effective from what I've seen with all the control and uptime on targets.

I'm not too much of a fan on reforging to mastery, I actually tend to reforge out of it.  Mainly because the way I see it is that the times you do crit, it'll give it a bigger shield anyways.  I haven't crunched numbers on this itself but I've, for the time being, been reforging mastery to either crit or haste.

#7 Averium

Averium
  • Junkies

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:03 PM

i think in the end of the day its going 2 be pvp power and crit with full gear and stuff  how i see it

btw i love holy prism does some crazy crits like  150-170k lol

Edited by Averium, 04 October 2012 - 10:06 PM.

#8 Libyanator

Libyanator
  • Barasi
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Retribution 2/0/0/2/2/0
  • RBG: 2401

Posted 04 October 2012 - 11:33 PM

agree, spirit is a must for a holy paladin

crit and haste are also really good reforge.

execution sentence can detonate for so much when going offensive, really ideal spell.

Edited by Libyanator, 04 October 2012 - 11:38 PM.

[3:54:02 AM] Obelodalix: When it's full on flop
[3:54:06 AM] Obelodalix: Mine just gets lost
[3:54:09 AM] Obelodalix: in a sea of balls
[3:54:11 AM] Obelodalix: cuz I'm danny hart

#9 Koshimo

Koshimo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/2/2/0
  • 2v2: 1805
  • 3v3: 2099
  • RBG: 1706

Posted 07 October 2012 - 08:05 PM

I'm reforging full spirit and then the rest crit, with pvp power in blue sockets, 2 brilliant serpent eye's and 1 int/pvp power in red socket, and pvp power/resil in yellow. Haven't had any mana problems so far. Also I feel that execution sentence > holy prism just because its a sick hot and can easily top someone off while you're cc'd, or completely save you from a frost mage switch if you use it correctly.

#10 Libyanator

Libyanator
  • Barasi
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad

Posted 08 October 2012 - 03:45 AM

Mainly because i like to stare at the hammer slowly fall down from the holy light down to my foes and smite them with furious devotion aura.

#11 Oopsees

Oopsees
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Antonidas
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/1/1/2/.

Posted 08 October 2012 - 04:15 AM

oi cunts. mastery and spirit is the way im goin.

ey motha fuckas, how you goin?

Edited by Oopsees, 08 October 2012 - 04:22 AM.

#12 Evolute

Evolute
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/0/1/0/0
  • RBG: 192
  • LocationCanada

Posted 08 October 2012 - 04:21 AM

Yeah, PVP in blues, PVP in prismatics, PVP/Resil in yellows, Int/PVP in reds.

Debating trying out selfless healer.

mastery seems really good but I'm not sure how hard I want to go with it

like 170 int to bracer vs 170 mastery

Posted Image

#13 Libyanator

Libyanator
  • Barasi
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad

Posted 08 October 2012 - 04:24 AM

View PostOopsees, on 08 October 2012 - 04:15 AM, said:

oi cunts. mastery and spirit is the way im goin.

ey motha fuckas, how you goin?

#14 Navoz

Navoz
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Holy 2/0/1/1/2/.

Posted 11 October 2012 - 05:03 PM

Spirit is mandatory. Im not sure on the question mastery vs crit tho. I prefer crit at the moment but got mixed responses on this. Also i feel totally unsure about Repetnance vs Fist of justice( Opinions very welcome).

#15 melignent

melignent
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Kargath
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Protection 1/2/1/2/0/1
  • RBG: 1340

Posted 11 October 2012 - 05:28 PM

not sure why you guys say spirit is necesarry i ran 2 matches vs a r1 shatterplay team  as phd, matches lasted about 10min. and i did not go OOm. i do not have any spirit gems. think mana regen is fine as is if u have neough pvp/int.

Edited by melignent, 11 October 2012 - 06:21 PM.

#16 Navoz

Navoz
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Holy 2/0/1/1/2/.

Posted 11 October 2012 - 05:36 PM

try playing vs shatreeplay or godcomp where its literally impossible to get a kill and matches last 30 min

#17 forteh

forteh
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/2/1
  • RBG: 2504

Posted 11 October 2012 - 06:57 PM

i currently run with spirit / max mastery - been having a lot of success with it but am debating whether I want to try out some sort of crit / haste build for more offensive potential.

also i use fist in 3s when playing with mlp and repentance doing 2s with a feral

• Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/2/2/0
  • RBG: 384

Posted 11 October 2012 - 08:57 PM

I think I ran out of mana maybe once in 200+ 3s games so far. Once we're fully geared mana wont be even remotely an issue, I'm not really sure what to reforge too though as far as haste/crit/mastery.

#19 allana

allana
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Trollclass_name
  • EU-Kazzak
  • Misery
  • Talents: Balance 0/0/2/1/1/2

Posted 13 October 2012 - 07:51 AM

Why did they remove concentration aura? I can only draw the conclusion that we were not susceptible to interrupts enough?
“As you think, you shall become.” -Pook

#20 Libyanator

Libyanator
  • Barasi
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad

Posted 13 October 2012 - 09:25 AM

View Postallana, on 13 October 2012 - 07:51 AM, said:

Why did they remove concentration aura? I can only draw the conclusion that we were not susceptible to interrupts enough?

We still have Aura Mastery if that's what you're referring to (known as Devotion Aura now)

Or are you talking about the push-back reduction aura? because that's gone, and it doesn't really bother me that much

in all seriousness though, mastery is the way to go after spirit for reforging.

Prism beats anything else in the last tier (i shouldn't really have to elaborate why, its pretty black and white why)

don't think SS is worth it imo, may change later on but so far i think the hot (that can also take on benefit from mastery) is more beneficial, it just annoys the fuck out of me that SS takes 6 seconds to activate after application, only to be purged/dispelled/stolen.

rep works for certain comps. but i find for mine Fist of Justice works a lot more since everything is dotted anyway.

as for glyphs, Beacon / Flash  is pretty much mandatory.

as for the last one, a mix of Turn Evil / Blessed / Blind light (for zergs incase) work depending on what comps you're against and adapt accordingly.

i also feel like on-use is better than BM as i hardly get zerged, and even so i think the on-use is more useful to keep myself healed with stronger heals than just a standard 50k healthstone.

oh and regarding the 5th tier, i seem to see almost everyone going for either divine purpose or holy avenger, and it boggles my mind, they're both unreliable cooldowns compared to sanctified wrath, especially when the current meta can go either way in a second if you don't use your cooldowns properly, a 3 second HS cooldowns and an extra 50% duration on wings is imperative, i feel. Also, i find sanctified wrath extremely important regarding offensive play as it really does support my team a lot during swaps. ontop of prizm i can do around an additional 100-150k for them depending on crits. (keep in mind HS now has a base 25% additional crit)

But hey, this is all just advice fellas, you can spec, gear and configure to whatever the FUCK u wonna do.

Edited by Libyanator, 13 October 2012 - 09:51 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<