Twocat
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Enhancement

Posted 30 October 2012 - 03:22 PM

View PostStarcookie, on 30 October 2012 - 03:21 PM, said:

The current required rating is under review. Keep in mind we're only a few weeks into the season, though.

Additionally, I believe it is now possible for access to be granted based on RBG rating.

I suspect rating requirements will be lowered, should nothing change, with the release of Patch 5.1.
Thanks for the update.
Posted Image

#22 Thugjitsu

Thugjitsu
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Protection 1/1/0/1/1/2
  • RBG: 2222

Posted 30 October 2012 - 03:35 PM

View PostTwocat, on 30 October 2012 - 03:13 PM, said:

pretty much, I have to get R2 on my BG to get access.

I've always wondered, why aren't past season gladiators pruned? Most of the shitposters are people who barely play anymore and got gladiator once 4 years ago and are now struggling at 2k MMR.

Posts like this ^ are a prime example why the rating requirement shouldn't be lowered...
Posted Image

#23 Starcookie

Starcookie
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Naxxramas
  • Sturmangriff / Charge
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 30 October 2012 - 03:38 PM

View PostThugjitsu, on 30 October 2012 - 03:35 PM, said:

Posts like this ^ are a prime example why the rating requirement shouldn't be lowered...

Despite the poor choice of language, allowing users that used to be Gladiator but have not had said title in a full expansion is something that is discussed at the end of almost every season.

If memory serves me correctly, it was extremely close to being changed with the release of Cataclysm, but was eventually decided against - Instead, we manually removed access from a lot of users with individual titles and any warnings.

#24 Twocat

Twocat
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage

Posted 30 October 2012 - 03:39 PM

View PostThugjitsu, on 30 October 2012 - 03:35 PM, said:

Why? I've had access every season.
Posted Image

#25 Thugjitsu

Thugjitsu
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone

Posted 30 October 2012 - 03:54 PM

View PostTwocat, on 30 October 2012 - 03:39 PM, said:

Why? I've had access every season.

Because a lot of past glads understand PVP and classes 100x better than the new Cata/MOP heroes who only have high ratings/titles because Blizz cannot pull their heads out of their asses in regards to balance...
Posted Image

#26 Twocat

Twocat
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage

Posted 30 October 2012 - 03:56 PM

View PostThugjitsu, on 30 October 2012 - 03:54 PM, said:

Because a lot of past glads understand PVP and classes 100x better than the new Cata/MOP heroes who only have high ratings/titles because Blizz cannot pull their heads out of their asses in regards to balance...
That's completely wrong, many people got glad once as a fluke when their class was broken... like S9 warriors.
Posted Image

#27 Starcookie

Starcookie
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Naxxramas
  • Sturmangriff / Charge
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 30 October 2012 - 03:57 PM

To clarify, unless something changes in the very near future, I'm not aware of any plans to implement removal of access for single-season Gladiators (regardless of whether it was Season 1 as a Paladin, Season 5 as a Resto Druid or Season 9 as a Warrior).

#28 Thugjitsu

Thugjitsu
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone

Posted 30 October 2012 - 04:06 PM

View PostTwocat, on 30 October 2012 - 03:56 PM, said:

That's completely wrong, many people got glad once as a fluke when their class was broken... like S9 warriors.

Luckily I got it in S8 and S7 too then, huh?  I dont even are about S9, even when we were R1 and had Talb xfer over and take it with 4 days left.  Cata was pretty much a joke for PVP, ESPECIALLY S9!  So ya, run your mouth some more idiot...

Edited by Thugjitsu, 30 October 2012 - 04:12 PM.

Posted Image

#29 Manglol

Manglol
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/2/1/2/2

Posted 30 October 2012 - 05:03 PM

View PostThugjitsu, on 30 October 2012 - 04:06 PM, said:

Luckily I got it in S8 and S7 too then, huh?  I dont even are about S9, even when we were R1 and had Talb xfer over and take it with 4 days left.  Cata was pretty much a joke for PVP, ESPECIALLY S9!  So ya, run your mouth some more idiot...

ATC pre Cata lul

#30 Saikx

Saikx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Arcane 0/0/0/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 2137
  • 3v3: 2624
  • RBG: 2184

Posted 30 October 2012 - 05:14 PM

The current required rating is under review. Keep in mind we're only a few weeks into the season, though.

Additionally, I believe it is now possible for access to be granted based on RBG rating.

I suspect rating requirements will be lowered, should nothing change, with the release of Patch 5.1.

Brace yourselves guys, the 3,5k RBG Rated russians are coming XAXAXAXA pinoy ))))

Posted Image

Visit my stream: http://www.twitch.tv/saikx

#31 Durial

Durial
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Talnivarr
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationEngland, London

Posted 30 October 2012 - 05:20 PM

GOD DAMNIT I WONT BE ABLE TO POST

#32 Udderly

Udderly
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 1918

Posted 30 October 2012 - 05:25 PM

View Postsmidti, on 30 October 2012 - 02:57 PM, said:

which contributions do to mean?
those contibutions which you find on the offical forums, filled with so many noobstuffs like...mages are so OP because i cant reach him?

yes there are so many flamewars and trashtalk in here, but sometimes there are also useful things and you can catch up the opinions of a lot of very good players.

if everyone would have had access to this forum you will see a lot more posts, but also a lot more trash from some 2k guys who are struggling with RMP as Triple BM Hunter or asking for advice how to bind their first 5 abilities as BM hunter.
To be honest...i dont need those trash since 80% of the 2k rated guys didnt even know what the fuck they are doin right now apart from smashin buttons and looting some facerolled dead bodies.

I wasn't saying remove the requirement completely, but lowering it would certainly increase the amount of good conversation (and bad, I know, but you're getting that either way).  You can justify it any way you want and tell me what it is that I'll post (cause apparently you know that I'm just going to complain about finding my buttons and fighting RMP as triple hunter) but the truth is that right now these forums are DEAD.  I used to enjoy coming here at least daily, but now there is very little to read, and even less that isn't flaming or trash talking or some thread about win trade/ddos.  Look at the rest of this thread to understand what I mean - even this turned into a flame war.

Many players who aren't 2.4k do a lot more for the community (blogs, helping other people rather than calling them shitters, playing with them) then some of the elitist who type things in trade chat like "2.4k exp LF 3s - no 2k shitters pls".  Yes, that helps our community a lot.  And I'm fully aware that isn't the entire community, but it is still a substantial enough chunk of it.

#33 Thugjitsu

Thugjitsu
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone

Posted 30 October 2012 - 05:36 PM

View PostManglol, on 30 October 2012 - 05:03 PM, said:

ATC pre Cata lul
Dont forget TSG... :)
Posted Image

#34 Ghettobdtf

Ghettobdtf
  • Members

Posted 30 October 2012 - 05:41 PM

View PostChizzey, on 03 October 2012 - 08:23 PM, said:

would be great if you guys could deny acces to those people, who got boosted, or traded w/e

would be great
^

#35 smokesignals127

smokesignals127
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kul Tiras
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/0/2/2/1
  • RBG: 2027

Posted 30 October 2012 - 05:58 PM

Dear god, please don't. Rbgs have just become a ddos race & I'm actually embarassed to even wear my Hero title now.
Posted Image

#36 Manglol

Manglol
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/2/1/2/2

Posted 30 October 2012 - 06:00 PM

The main problem I see with having such a high rating requirement is that it takes away from a lot of the constructive criticism that needs to be had.  Lets face it AJ its nothing compared to what it used to be, now it is all about flaming or calling people out, rather then finding ways around comps or coming up with strats.

When I used to post regularly on AJ ( before selling my account to some nerd who wanted helmets) the forums were filled with posts about helping or trying to figure shit out. No offence but the most popular posts lately were Zileas drawing thread (which was awesome) and the Xanydn / Starcookie drama from last season.  If those are the kinds of posts you are looking for then by all means keep the rating requirement because frankily only the top .5% will be able to even post here with the way this season is shaping up.

MMR is unobtainable now with rerolls and I have never seen so many 2.5k+ players in the 2k bracket due to the amount of time and grinding it takes to get a fresh toons MMR out of the dirt. It did not help that blizzard released yet another season of PvP without fixing the horrible balance issues, causing an influx of dog players who knew how to Swifty One Shot Macro a team. This game requires no skill, there is no meta game, the only thing there is, is surviving as many sets of cooldowns as you can before the other team inevitably lands a kill.

Lowering the rating requirement will allow players who may not be as skilled to come in and ask questions, much along the lines of sites like Skill-Capped or PvP Coach.  This is an online game if you think limiting people under 2.4k is going to stop the drama then your extremely wrong. Drama is bound to happen, people are always going to flame, issues arise such as DDOS'ng - name calling - boosting. If you ask me the players who boost, DDOS, and really start 90% of the main drama in our community, are the higher rated players. Lower players just want to learn how to be better at what they are tryiing to do, so why not give them a constructive place to do it without PvE nerds having to come in and make brash jokes or change the points of the post.

I have read the WoW Arena forums and I have to say some of the best and most constructive posts come from people who are just starting out or don't have very high experience.

I know I don't have shiny helmets or whatever on this account but who the fuck cares, just putting my 2 cents in to hopefully make the community realize that there is no point in hating on each other when Blizzard fucks our community enough as it is.

Good day gents.

#37 Kettu

Kettu
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Dunemaul
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/0/2/0/2/0
  • RBG: 960
  • LocationKuwait

Posted 30 October 2012 - 07:32 PM

-Reduce rating requirement to 2200 or 2250
-If you want to add posting rights for the RBG players, make a 2400 rating requirement for that. And make a clear icon that seperates the RBG people from normal people

For example glad cutoff was 2300 last season on my BG. I don't really see any point in keeping the posting requirement @ 2400.

#38 Saikx

Saikx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Arcane 0/0/0/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 2137
  • 3v3: 2624
  • RBG: 2184

Posted 30 October 2012 - 07:49 PM

View PostKettu, on 30 October 2012 - 07:32 PM, said:

-Reduce rating requirement to 2200 or 2250
-If you want to add posting rights for the RBG players, make a 2400 rating requirement for that. And make a clear icon that seperates the RBG people from normal people

For example glad cutoff was 2300 last season on my BG. I don't really see any point in keeping the posting requirement @ 2400.
2250, too many 2,2k boosts running around l0l

Posted Image

Visit my stream: http://www.twitch.tv/saikx

#39 Shamanizer

Shamanizer
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Restoration 0/1/1/1/0/0
  • RBG: 767

Posted 30 October 2012 - 07:56 PM

I think over s9 when the requirements to post was raised to 2600, the constructive/good posts per day went down. mainly because the people who could get 2600 already knew everything about the game, and also alot quit again after LK. (same now with Cata)

AJ lost alot of "talk" threads where ppl would geniune discuss random topics everyday.

I gained 2400 this season already, but i know once the good ppl start roaming 2100-2200 no one exept the really really good can actually farm themself up to 2400 unless they play extraordinary good.

Same last season (11). mid season you couldnt even break 2300 unless you knew some high teams were queueing during that exact day. Only very late season (3-4 weeks before end) you could actually meet steady 2300 teams you could win steadily againts up to 2400 to gain acces / glad.

none the less. if you decide to lower the requirements, i think AJ will again gain lots more posts.

Oh and also some new forum design would be nice i think. General chat should be open always, and you should have some sort of box of your own class to check latest posts from there.
Vhell at MLG 2010 at Sodah vs tremor totem:

"Tremor totem is a totem that will pulse and break fears. Right when you drop it, it will break fears too. What we saw was Sodah targeting the tremor totem right from the start, he has a macro that will target the tremor totem..."

???

#40 Regent

Regent
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/2/0/0/1
  • 2v2: 2273
  • 3v3: 2634
  • 5v5: 2359
  • RBG: 2126

Posted 30 October 2012 - 09:00 PM

View PostShamanizer, on 30 October 2012 - 07:56 PM, said:

Oh and also some new forum design would be nice i think. General chat should be open always, and you should have some sort of box of your own class to check latest posts from there.

I am pretty sure this is already implemented.

I would suggest 2250-2300 rating req for this season. My team had to be rank one to get rating this season, but in s10 I got access and was rank 20 something.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<