• Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/0/2
  • RBG: 384
  • LocationUK

Posted 25 January 2013 - 04:38 AM

I'm only having mana problems against  a really really good TSG and a solid WLD as kitty cleave.

I've reforged mostly crit and some spirit, kinda feel like going full mastery is a waste so I have a decent balance of crit/mastery seems to be the best.

Edited by Classiks, 25 January 2013 - 04:39 AM.

#22 melignent

melignent
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Kargath
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Protection 1/2/1/2/0/1
  • RBG: 1340

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:26 AM

from what i have tested and seen, mastery is better than crit. and miles at that. reason? well bc mastery increases mastery bubbles as well as sacred shield. making them significantly better for the way burst works atm. crit, allowing for bigger crits on heals and those crits leading to bigger mastery bubbles which seems good but ur relying on RNG for the bigger heals. so u want that barrier while being CC'd which is significantly better as mastery.

#23 Holypalaswe

Holypalaswe
  • Junkies

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:12 AM

I don't think mastery increases your sacred shield absorb. (Just tested quickly with & w/o mastery buff ingame).

Personally I reforge into mastery because of the reasons previous posters has stated, not as rng as crit with overall more increased healing instead of burst healing.

Playing a lot of rbg's as well, with eternal flame and how that works with mastery shield is nice. (EF hot refreshes duration of mastery shield).

#24 foozelol6

foozelol6
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-The Forgotten Coast
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Fury 1/2/2/2/2/2
  • 2v2: 960
  • 3v3: 2026
  • 5v5: 672
  • RBG: 2110

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:23 PM

View PostClassiks, on 25 January 2013 - 04:38 AM, said:

I'm only having mana problems against  a really really good TSG and a solid WLD as kitty cleave.

I've reforged mostly crit and some spirit, kinda feel like going full mastery is a waste so I have a decent balance of crit/mastery seems to be the best.

Hi. Thats my WLD :)

Edited by foozelol6, 25 January 2013 - 01:23 PM.

#25 Quitsx

Quitsx
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Holy 2/0/1/1/0/0
  • RBG: 2483

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:43 PM

been running mastery for most comps

#26 drunkbaby

drunkbaby
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Holy 0/1/2/2/2/0
  • RBG: 768

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:39 PM

Crit is essentially free mastery, don't understand why people decide to stack anything else. We're entirely RNG based on our throughput anyway, might as well bias it on the positive side.

It might be only a few percentages worth of crit, but with a warrior on every team and 30 instant CC's, burst healing is much more important than an on-demand extra 3k shield. Mortal strike effects only further diminish the value of mastery.

You guys are nutty.

#27 zajklon

zajklon
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Bronzebeard
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Destruction 1/0/1/2/2/1

Posted 27 January 2013 - 03:45 PM

hope you realise you can turn it around too saying mastery are free crits because of bigger shields when you dont crit...

#28 Athená

Athená
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/2/2/0
  • RBG: 2352
  • LocationThe Hague

Posted 27 January 2013 - 05:14 PM

There is way to little crit to be had should you go for it, that is why is isn't worth taking.
The 100% bigger shield you get when you crit isn't there often enough to outweigh the increase in shield through mastery.
I do not suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

#29 drunkbaby

drunkbaby
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Holy 0/1/2/2/2/0
  • RBG: 768

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:31 PM

View Postzajklon, on 27 January 2013 - 03:45 PM, said:

hope you realise you can turn it around too saying mastery are free crits because of bigger shields when you dont crit...

You could argue that mastery creates more base "spell power", but in no way does mastery give you crit benefits. The reverse is not true; critting gives double your current mastery for that heal.

Out of curiosity, I did some maths with stats from own character. The numbers are pretty ugly, but here you go. Numbers slightly nudged, but since they're offset in both scenarios it's a wash. Not accounting for procs like Jade Spirit, trinkets, etc:

Spoiler

So there you go. By going mastery in this sim, you can expect to do about 2244 more absorb per holy shock, 2890 per word of glory and divine light, and 2168 per flash of light. Effective healing goes up a bit by stacking mastery (which I think we're all agreeing with), but this doesn't quantify the importance of things like infusion of light procs or burst healing, which, to me, is more important than the small margin on shields. I think it's worth it to bias the RNG a little in your favor, especially in an arena environment where being able to get off heals is sometimes a premium.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<