• Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Discipline 2/2/1/1/1/2
  • RBG: 2011
  • LocationGothenburg, Sweden

Posted 18 December 2012 - 10:49 AM

I tested to reforge my gear FULLY to haste and FULLY to mastery.

With haste, on 2 targets without resilience I had about 22k dps only with Shadow Word Pain and Vampiric Touch
With full mastery reforge I had 32k dps on 2 targets with Shadow Word Pain and Vampiric Touch.
Many more proccs and mana regeneration with mastery.

I dont really feel haste being so strong in long games where you play multidotting style and spam your mindblast proccs for orbs.
I might see it viable with power infusion and a playstyle where you just get 3 orbs and make swaps with high bursts.
Overall I feel focusing on mastery benefits the specc much better in the long run and dps wise.

• Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Area 52
  • Retaliation
  • Talents: Shadow 0/2/0/2/2/0
  • RBG: 2501

Posted 18 December 2012 - 12:56 PM

Haste- Great stat but we can't meet a haste cap and atm other stats may be better...(Def 2nd stat imo)
Mastery- More proc's which means more mana from VT, more orbs from PW:P that may result in more DPs going out / Horrors, and all  around nice dmg buff due to extra dot ticks.
Crit- Well, SW:P crits = lil ghosts to do dmg, higher chance to crit on dmg and healing. etc
Personally I run with Crit mainly because I enjoy being a class that can global. Keep VT on everything, get procs, use procs + other spells in order to dump crazy dmg. On the flip side, team in trouble, off-heal, get a lucky crit, tops people off better. But most importantly I see a lot around what comp you run. If you run mastery and you play with a pally or shaman then yes you will see a better result going mastery since you get a buff, same for crit with playing with a mage or feral. In the end I believe a good amount comes down to play style and what you'r comfortable with.
Posted Image

#64 zsuper

zsuper
  • Junkies
  • Unknown Raceclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/0/1/2/2

Posted 19 December 2012 - 03:06 AM

View PostSolarflux, on 18 December 2012 - 12:56 PM, said:

Haste- Great stat but we can't meet a haste cap and atm other stats may be better...(Def 2nd stat imo)

What do you mean by haste cap? Do you mean enough haste that we get an extra DoT tick?

I think a lot of people are having trouble understanding haste since Cataclysm. PvP isn't PvE. Getting an extra tick into our DoTs doesn't really matter and not getting that extra tick in no way devalues haste in a PvP setting; when you're being trained, it's not like you have anything better to do with the time you would spend reapplying DoTs.

The real benefit of haste over mastery is the faster global, which translates to more dispels per second, consistently stronger healing, an easier time juking, and being able to take more advantage of Mind Spike proc chains.

Edited by zsuper, 19 December 2012 - 03:09 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<