• Curse Sites
Help

Guild Wars 2 | So far so good

how is it going. so far game guild wars

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

Poll: How is it going? (62 member(s) have cast votes)

How do you feel about the game in general?

1. Wow! It's just amazing! Exceeded all my expectations. (5 votes [8.06%])

Percentage of vote: 8.06%

2. Just what I expected. Loving it. (28 votes [45.16%])

Percentage of vote: 45.16%

3. So far so good, but I don't see what was all the excitement about. (5 votes [8.06%])

Percentage of vote: 8.06%

4. Not bad, but nothing special. (10 votes [16.13%])

Percentage of vote: 16.13%

5. Screw this. I'm going back to WoW. (14 votes [22.58%])

Percentage of vote: 22.58%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Windwrath1

Windwrath1
  • Members
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Daggerspine
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Protection

Posted 07 October 2012 - 06:35 PM

View PostAyraswag, on 02 October 2012 - 08:05 AM, said:

Fun but needs a ladder or i see myself quiting in the next 2months probs just due to lack of elo/ladder there is no real point to crush 100's of pugs every day it just isn't fun.

Agreed. sPvP needs improvements before I'll come back. No ladder, no good team interface, etc.

#22 faction

faction
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 07 October 2012 - 09:44 PM

the only people still reading this forum are the minority that still play the game
Posted Image

#23 Iddibit

Iddibit
  • Members

Posted 08 October 2012 - 03:02 AM

View PostOtaku, on 03 October 2012 - 02:34 AM, said:

i can't judge since i have only tried gw2 once but leveling seems a bit plain.
also dodge mechanics i felt Tera did it so much better.
those who did not play Tera it had it's own button and would dodge in the direction you were moving unlike gw2 where you need to double tap which i have felt is a bit awkward.

there is a button that dodges you to the direction you're walking to without double tapping.. I don't like the double tap at all but I bound the key to shift and it made it much more comfortable

Edit: I replied without reading forwards to see that was already answered.. so.. sorry =p
Warrior:WRAAAGH!!

Rogue:Ahh!! My moral

Warrior: HAH! Found you!

#24 Buglamp

Buglamp
  • Members

Posted 08 October 2012 - 10:22 AM

View Postfaction, on 07 October 2012 - 09:44 PM, said:

the only people still reading this forum are the minority that still play the game

I'd guess that's the majority but I haven't played in weeks and I still check in here regularly.

But I have no life so whatever.

#25 Except

Except
  • Members
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 08 October 2012 - 11:38 AM

View Postfaction, on 07 October 2012 - 09:44 PM, said:

Well, I assume there are around 3'000'000 copies sold by now, so even if a million of them quit after a few days/weeks, then the rest is still quite a big number. Moreover, people will get fed up with MoP quite soon and come back to GW2, or at least that's what I think will happen.

About the forum. Yeah, it is pretty lonely out here these days, but that's because it never was a GW forum and all the people are currently in the WoW section talking about all sorts of bullsh*t. So if you meant that people who read GW2 forum on AJ are a minority then yes, you are probably right.
"We are gamers, not because we don't have a life, but because we chose to have many"Posted Image
The build I'm using right now. Totally viable and effective. (Gandara - Except Starwalker)
Also, check out my web site:
http://miss-click.com/

#26 BaklivaX

BaklivaX
  • Members
  • LocationSerbia

Posted 08 October 2012 - 12:44 PM

View PostBuglamp, on 08 October 2012 - 10:22 AM, said:

I'd guess that's the majority but I haven't played in weeks and I still check in here regularly.

But I have no life so whatever.

Man stop being so depressed and shti that u have no life, u have to do something about it, not just sit around and hope shit falls from sky to your feet.
Posted Image

#27 BaklivaX

BaklivaX
  • Members
  • LocationSerbia

Posted 08 October 2012 - 12:46 PM

On topic, new patch would help a lot maybe in like a month or two, when ppl get bored of MoP. Think it would be a good move, but i don't smell it yet. Haven't logged in GW2 for a week at least, not playing any games at all atm, just got bored of everything im to old for gaming i guess.
Posted Image

#28 Buglamp

Buglamp
  • Members

Posted 08 October 2012 - 02:18 PM

View PostBaklivaX, on 08 October 2012 - 12:44 PM, said:

Man stop being so depressed and shti that u have no life, u have to do something about it, not just sit around and hope shit falls from sky to your feet.

Nah I don't really have to do anything about it.

#29 Except

Except
  • Members
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 08 October 2012 - 03:30 PM

View PostBuglamp, on 08 October 2012 - 02:18 PM, said:

Nah I don't really have to do anything about it.

I love how these threads just go off topic so easily ^^ You only have to mention that one has no life and.. BOOOM! Topic is gone.
"We are gamers, not because we don't have a life, but because we chose to have many"Posted Image
The build I'm using right now. Totally viable and effective. (Gandara - Except Starwalker)

#30 Except

Except
  • Members
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 08 October 2012 - 03:31 PM

Wow, sh*t haz gone wrong.

Edit: I fixed it. Can anyone just delete this? ^^

#31 Kaylos

Kaylos
  • Members
  • Worgenclass_name
  • US-Thunderlord
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Fury

Posted 09 October 2012 - 12:44 AM

View PostKsp, on 06 October 2012 - 09:47 PM, said:

If you actually have an organized competitive tourney team look into getting into the SYNC guild.  All of the major teams set up scrims through it right now.

I think the lack of ladders is part of the problem.  While the desire to be a legitimate e-sport is admirable ont heir part, I feel sPvP is generally been a failure to capture many peoples interest, and part of the problem is the lack of Ladders/ELO.  Ladders bridge the gap between the serious "e-sport" players and the super casual I am just here to try this out players.  I lost interest in sPvP immediately when I realized the rank system was nothing but a grind with no matching and tPvP was entirely random.

Anet appears to be avoiding ladders with no mention of them in the most recent post, and I think that is their loss as I believe most players are like me who really could care less about "e-sports" and simply want to be able to join up and play fun games, form a team play teams around my skill level no matter how low or high that may be.  They are basically cutting out what I believe to be the largest portion of PvP players and making it simply way, way too niche.

I still play for fun as the casual PvE matches my busy lifestyle and I do find WvW fun.  But sPvP simply lacks too much structure for me and I am not interested in being serious enough to be networking with other serious pvp players to do scrims.  I think a lot people probably fit my description, and most likely quit to look for the next thing or go back to WoW.  I don't have confidence Anet even had ladders on their radar as it seems they have decided they are evil.

#32 treeqt

treeqt
  • Members

Posted 09 October 2012 - 10:48 PM

ladders are the most irrelevant thing ever
[04:20:00] Dan: Just bang her
[20:05:48] ALEXIS JAGGER: I'd like to think
[20:05:51] ALEXIS JAGGER: I'm a modest person

#33 Sylo

Sylo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Magtheridon
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 12 October 2012 - 06:41 PM

View Posttreeqt, on 09 October 2012 - 10:48 PM, said:

ladders are the most irrelevant thing ever

Why?

I for one would love some type of ladder system. Something to really work for in sPvP. Sure tournaments are nice and I think they have a great place for them in this game. Having player run tournaments and what not are a great idea. But I think having a ladder system would be great to have to help give you something to do when there are no tournaments going on.

I have heard about the monthly and yearly tournaments they are going to have. Is this true? When do they plan to have them if they are true?

Edited by Sylo, 12 October 2012 - 06:42 PM.

nekos01 said:

wariors dont proc annoying stuns on you anymore

they just proc instant death

#34 Amirsta

Amirsta
  • Members

Posted 12 October 2012 - 09:13 PM

View PostSylo, on 12 October 2012 - 06:41 PM, said:

I have heard about the monthly and yearly tournaments they are going to have. Is this true? When do they plan to have them if they are true?

I'm not sure when but I'm 99% sure they are true considering there are big Tombstones in Heart of the Mists that are blank right now but will show winners of these tournaments when they happen.

#35 chillman

chillman
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Blackrock
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Protection 0/1/2/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1640

Posted 13 October 2012 - 02:33 PM

Got tired of GW2 pretty fast.
Lack of ladder system messed it up for me.
But the game got potential and following updates may bring more competition into GW2 pvp.

Edited by chillman, 13 October 2012 - 03:09 PM.

#36 MarcellusAU

MarcellusAU
  • Members
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 14 October 2012 - 12:17 AM

We really do need paid tournaments really soon because most people unfortunately are losing interest in the serious competitive spvp side of the game. The PvP blog that Anet posted up hardly told us anything we didn't already know from before beta started. Would be nice to get a timeframe rather than general information. But I guess they did it more for the newcomers to the game.

Although the best part of this game is that nothing changes with your character once you take a break because gear doesn't have any stats only aesthetics. So you can come back when the changes are made and be where you left off.
Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.c.../MarcellusGamer
Guild Wars 2 - Guardian tournament gameplay.
"Champions rise and fall, but legends never die."

#37 Kijimea

Kijimea
  • Members

Posted 15 October 2012 - 05:32 PM

Dont get bored yet even i play spvp only. I just dont know anyone for a group and i am not willing to play with some "random" ppl in tpvp and find out that they are playing bad or something. But i am excited for those paid tournaments.

#38 fant0m8

fant0m8
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Eredar
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Marksmanship

Posted 19 October 2012 - 10:03 PM

The game needs a ladder. Badly.

Anyone that isn't in the circle of the top teams has no idea who's even out there! There's no recognition at all.

I'm disappointed that it's taking so long to get ladder implemented, but oh well. Still better than paying $15/month for Kung Fu Pandas and DDOSing.

Edited by fant0m8, 19 October 2012 - 10:03 PM.

Bye again! This game isn't fun when you don't know anyone else that still plays.

#39 GLopez

GLopez
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Unholy 0/1/2/2/0/2

Posted 19 October 2012 - 10:06 PM

Yeah. I honestly have zero interest in structured PvP due to the lack of a ladder. Once a ladder is added, I'll probably play it a lot.

#40 Gikkis

Gikkis
  • Members

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:20 PM

I liked the game at first, but it gets old VERY quick.

They hand everything to you instantly and because of that and the fact that there is no ladder, I feel that there is really nothing left to do in the game. I have played all the classes in PvP, I have saw all the content in PvE, I dont feel the need to work for gear as I get max gear in pvp anyway. I dont feel the need to try in pvp because there is no recognition for it, and after awhile the "fun" wears off. A rather short while I might add.

GW2 is, in my view, a major flop at this point, and I doubt it will recover from that. At this point its likely a continual fade into obscurity while people continue to play WoWs superior PvP and look to future games to provide something better, like they hoped GW2 would.

GW2 suffers from designers that think its a good idea to throw the baby out with the bath water. They innovated so much that they threw out all the things that made MMOs fun for all of us. In the end what they got was a shallow game that was convenient to play and even more convenient to stop playing.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: how, is, it, going., so, far, game, guild, wars

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<