• Curse Sites
Help

Guild Wars 2 | So far so good

how is it going. so far game guild wars

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

Poll: How is it going? (62 member(s) have cast votes)

How do you feel about the game in general?

1. Wow! It's just amazing! Exceeded all my expectations. (5 votes [8.06%])

Percentage of vote: 8.06%

2. Just what I expected. Loving it. (28 votes [45.16%])

Percentage of vote: 45.16%

3. So far so good, but I don't see what was all the excitement about. (5 votes [8.06%])

Percentage of vote: 8.06%

4. Not bad, but nothing special. (10 votes [16.13%])

Percentage of vote: 16.13%

5. Screw this. I'm going back to WoW. (14 votes [22.58%])

Percentage of vote: 22.58%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Except

Except
  • Members
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 01 October 2012 - 08:46 PM

Hey, everyone. I wasn't able to post on the forums recently because I was too busy leveling my Charr ^^, but i just decided to create this quick post, in order to get your opinions on what state the game is in right now. By the way, I'm sorry if there already is a similar topic.

So, around 5 weeks have passed since the game we've been waiting for so long was finally released. I want to ask you guys, how do you feel about it? Is the game up to the standard you expected it to be? Are you disappointed because there are no duels and arenas and shiz? ;) Just give me your general thoughts about PvE and PvP content of the game and where do you think it is going as well as what is its current state.

And if you don't mind answering the poll, I would very much appreciate that as well.
"We are gamers, not because we don't have a life, but because we chose to have many"Posted Image
The build I'm using right now. Totally viable and effective. (Gandara - Except Starwalker)
Also, check out my web site:
http://miss-click.com/

#2 wmd221

wmd221
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Whisperwind
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 02 October 2012 - 04:54 AM

game was insanely fun up to 80, then i got bored and quit like a week later because theres nothing to do

#3 Thanatos

Thanatos
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Khaz'goroth
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 02 October 2012 - 06:54 AM

Taking my sweet ass time with leveling and it's paying off.
ಠ_ಠ

Posted Image

#4 wuzzle

wuzzle
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Azshara
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/2/0

Posted 02 October 2012 - 07:34 AM

there's no answer for me :D
I'd say the game itself is fun. But since there's not (yet? :D) the required competitive PvP I was searching for, I am not playing that much. PvE is not my thing. But that's the thing in general and has nothing to do with GW2...

#5 Ayrasaurus

Ayrasaurus
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/2/1/1/0
  • RBG: 2379
  • LocationYorkshire mates

Posted 02 October 2012 - 08:05 AM

Fun but needs a ladder or i see myself quiting in the next 2months probs just due to lack of elo/ladder there is no real point to crush 100's of pugs every day it just isn't fun.

Posted Image

emotional

Posted Image

Thaya Ayra Omegatfwnogfboys2k15

#6 rahmo

rahmo
  • Members

Posted 02 October 2012 - 08:32 AM

Pretty much as above, I am really enjoying it, some bits are better than expected (i.e. the pve/levelling which I normally hate) and some bits worse (i.e. the much discussed pvp issues).

So if i had to sum it up:

Great, but PvP needs to be improved to stay fun.

#7 Except

Except
  • Members
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 02 October 2012 - 08:47 AM

I see a lot of people talking about PvP being a bit boring, but think about it for a moment. The PvP and combat in general is so much better and feels so much tighter than in all the previous MMO's I've played. I agree, the systems and mechanics might not yet be in place, but there is a solid ground for PvP to develop, and as Anet are aiming for competitive PvP, I'm sure it's just a question of time before they add ladder, spectator mode, duels and etc. So I wouldn't really worry about that.
"We are gamers, not because we don't have a life, but because we chose to have many"Posted Image
The build I'm using right now. Totally viable and effective. (Gandara - Except Starwalker)

#8 treeqt

treeqt
  • Members

Posted 02 October 2012 - 04:49 PM

insane amounts of unused potential atm, that's basically it.
[04:20:00] Dan: Just bang her
[20:05:48] ALEXIS JAGGER: I'd like to think
[20:05:51] ALEXIS JAGGER: I'm a modest person

#9 BaklivaX

BaklivaX
  • Members
  • LocationSerbia

Posted 02 October 2012 - 08:44 PM

Playing it 1hour/day not even that much, still hoping for a good pvp patch tho.
Posted Image

#10 Thricton

Thricton
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arcane 0/2/1/1/1/.
  • LocationON, Canada

Posted 02 October 2012 - 09:24 PM

Quit to go back to WoW before MOP was even out... PvP in GW2 is very disappointing.

#11 Otaku

Otaku
  • Members
  • Locationaus

Posted 03 October 2012 - 02:34 AM

i can't judge since i have only tried gw2 once but leveling seems a bit plain.
also dodge mechanics i felt Tera did it so much better.
those who did not play Tera it had it's own button and would dodge in the direction you were moving unlike gw2 where you need to double tap which i have felt is a bit awkward.
Posted Image

#12 Ctuhlu

Ctuhlu
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 03 October 2012 - 06:24 AM

View PostOtaku, on 03 October 2012 - 02:34 AM, said:

those who did not play Tera it had it's own button and would dodge in the direction you were moving unlike gw2 where you need to double tap which i have felt is a bit awkward.

You can rebind dodge to any key so that you don't have to double tap. Pro-tip, bind it to a mouse button -- that way you can easily dodge in the direction you want through WASD.

Fourreur said:

we have to switch to them making the decision to pop reck or not to pop reck

#13 Sanaubia

Sanaubia
  • Members

Posted 03 October 2012 - 09:22 AM

what Ctuhlu said and you can't compare tera dodge and GW 2 dodge... in tera you had to finish your animation before you could use dodge and that was really stupid... you don't have that in GW 2

edit: rank 33 and doing pvp like 1-2h/day until they patch paid TPvP

#14 Except

Except
  • Members
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 03 October 2012 - 09:59 AM

I am not a GW fanboy or anything, but lets look at things objectively.  If you are comparing GW2 to Tera, which I think is what you are doing, then levelling system in GW is way better. Tera has this dull, simple, standard MMORPG lvling, where you get the quest, you kill 10 boars and that is it. And while Tera's combat is just awesome imho, it gets boring about an hour into the game.

Even if you are not comparing the lvling processes of the 2 games and just talking about GW2, then you should reconsider, 'cause it is one of the most fun experiences I've ever had in an MMO.

View PostThricton, on 02 October 2012 - 09:24 PM, said:

Quit to go back to WoW before MOP was even out... PvP in GW2 is very disappointing.

It can't be worse than WoW. Although, WoW has more variety when talking about types of BGs and Arenas and so on, but the combat itself is just ... let's call it boring. I can't possible think of the reason you would enjoy PvP in WoW more than in GW2.
And again, it may just be me, and every other normal person thinks otherwise ^^

#15 Lazarast

Lazarast
  • Members

Posted 03 October 2012 - 11:59 AM

Gw2 is just fine, waiting to a ladder like all and trying diferent builds and comps.

Cheers.

#16 Buglamp

Buglamp
  • Members

Posted 03 October 2012 - 07:43 PM

Combat just wasn't that much fun for me. Too few abilities, not enough synergy between them, excessive number of underwhelming short CD weak abilities. Thief was slightly better due to initiative, but obviously there are some separate issues when it comes to thief(spamming your best ability is too easy and effective even if it's not always entirely optimal vs. good players). The CD on weapon/attunement/kit swapping makes things worse, as does lack of a decent keybind and UI customization system.

My own hairbrained theory is that they were afraid to give classes too many remarkable abilities because it'd be hard to balance. So we get a watered down set of abilities - worst is the very short soft CCs other than a few things that'll probably get nerfed. Feels too much like damage spam currently - and dodge only helps with that so much and often feels just as random and spammy. I actually wandered on over to wowhead to check out some pandaria stuff - not coming back, but still, confirmed my belief that it has better ability sets than GW2 and it wasn't just WoW nostalgia.

Nice thing is, though, I can wait for it to improve and not have to pay a fee to return. If WoW went f2p though it'd be no contest.

#17 Except

Except
  • Members
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 03 October 2012 - 08:21 PM

View PostBuglamp, on 03 October 2012 - 07:43 PM, said:

Nice thing is, though, I can wait for it to improve and not have to pay a fee to return. If WoW went f2p though it'd be no contest.

You realize this is not gonna happen any time soon, right? ^^

#18 Buglamp

Buglamp
  • Members

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:20 AM

View PostExcept, on 03 October 2012 - 08:21 PM, said:

You realize this is not gonna happen any time soon, right? ^^
Yes, I'm just saying, if cost was a non-issue, WoW is the better game hands down. Unless they've seriously fucked it up since I last played.

#19 Otaku

Otaku
  • Members
  • Locationaus

Posted 04 October 2012 - 12:28 PM

ooo was not aware dodge could be rebinded, i will have to do next time i log on.
also was not trying to say which game out of tera and gw2 was better it's just tera was the only other game i knew of which had a dodge function.
Posted Image

#20 Ksp

Ksp
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Marksmanship

Posted 06 October 2012 - 09:47 PM

View PostAyraswag, on 02 October 2012 - 08:05 AM, said:

Fun but needs a ladder or i see myself quiting in the next 2months probs just due to lack of elo/ladder there is no real point to crush 100's of pugs every day it just isn't fun.

If you actually have an organized competitive tourney team look into getting into the SYNC guild.  All of the major teams set up scrims through it right now.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: how, is, it, going., so, far, game, guild, wars

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<