Photo

Monk specc discussion

Monk specc

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Poll: Monk specc poll (29 member(s) have cast votes)

What specc will you play in mop

1. Mistweaver (17 votes [58.62%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 58.62%

2. Voted Windwalker (12 votes [41.38%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 41.38%

3. Brewmaster (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Klonken

Klonken
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Alonsus
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/0/2/2/2/1
  • RBG: 192

Posted 27 September 2012 - 07:39 PM

Since there kind of was no monk discussions at all and im curious what u guys will try out at the start (i cant decide myself so wanted some advice).
only specc i've tried out so far is windwalker, which seems ok i guess but mistweaver seems nice too i guess

#2 Klonken

Klonken
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Alonsus
  • Cruelty / Crueldad

Posted 02 October 2012 - 09:41 AM

any1 knows how they're going to set their talents and glyphs yet?

#3 WildeHilde

WildeHilde
  • Content Editors
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Combat 1/1/2/1/1/0
  • RBG: 2215
  • LocationSouthern Germany

Posted 02 October 2012 - 10:07 AM

1.) We will start working out a monk guide pretty soon.

All below are personal opinions, nothing based on a guide or high-rated matches.

Mistweaver

Tier 1 depends on comp, Lust seems pretty strong for supporting but Celerity is something I'd choose against comps that focus me.

Tier 2 Zen Sphere is the safe choice and is taken by most Monks. I like the ranged attack option with Chi Wave.

Tier 3 Chi Brew seems the best choice to me

Tier 4 Depends on your comp. I tend to take Leg Sweep, but Deadly Reach against most healers that have instant AoE CC (Priest, Paladin, Druid, Monks with Leg Sweep, unsure about Shaman) is probably a good choice, too.

Tier 5 Entirely based on the enemy comp.Healing Elixiers is efficient and best when not focussed. Dampen Harm is good when you know that the other team is coming for you for burst. Diffuse Magic is really good against dot comps and rogues (bye bye Shadowblades).

Tier 6 Xuen, except maybe for RBGs.

Glyphs: I currently use Transcendence, Life Cocoon and Mana Tea. Crackling Jade Lightning could be worth it, if the cast/cancel macro still works (kicks the enemy although the cast is basically not seen).

#4 Manath

Manath
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aman'Thul
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Frost 1/1/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 1802

Posted 03 October 2012 - 10:31 PM

how do you guys burst as mistweaver? i dont get it really, i shouldnt go in melee and jab/tiger palm my enemies, should i? :D i only use xuen + crackling jade lightning, lol.

#5 Klonken

Klonken
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Alonsus
  • Cruelty / Crueldad

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:31 AM

i havent tried mistweaver properly but i would imagine using the spinning fire blossom with full chi + xuen, (with the minor glyph on the spinning fire blossom) but i honestly dont know

#6 WildeHilde

WildeHilde
  • Content Editors
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:40 AM

Xuen, Expel Harm, Chi Wave and maybe some Tiger Strikes or CJL. Spinning Fire Blossom is Windwalker only.

#7 Manath

Manath
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aman'Thul
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Frost 1/1/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 1802

Posted 04 October 2012 - 03:16 PM

Xuen, Expel Harm, Chi Wave and maybe some Tiger Strikes or CJL. Spinning Fire Blossom is Windwalker only.

do you mean tiger palm? i guess tiger strike is the passive proc you get when you hit for more attackspeed

#8 WildeHilde

WildeHilde
  • Content Editors
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst

Posted 04 October 2012 - 11:44 PM

Yes, sorry, I actually rarely use it as healer, but it's the better choice when bursting.

Tried RBGs tonight as monk and I struggle to find a good rotation. Keeping Renewing Mists up is standard, but Spinning Crane Kick is very risky in mass battles. While Revival is probably the strongest CD after Heroism that is available in battlegrounds, everything else in the monks arsenal seems rather lackluster for AoE healing, except the tier 2 talents. We can burst heal like probably no other class, but keeping up after some time is pretty difficult. To be effective I need to be in the middle of the fight while not being controlled as well. Soothing + Surging Mist spike healing only works for a short period and every other effective heal is Chi based. I'm actually considering the Uplift Glyph in order to have one efficient heal spamable heal available.

The number one problem for monk healers is: In order to be effective we need to be in melee range of the enemy players, but once we are there we are easily crowd controlled. Monk has a huge skill-cap and I would love to see players with the caliber of Zunniyaki, Geru, Hydra, Flubbah or Sodah play with the class. Monks can be very strong if they play in close range but avoid the CC. I'm very working on the theory but I need someone to show top-notch execution with the class and am too bad to make a showcase myself. One thing is certain however: Monks won't be the go-to healer for average players.

If a top-notch player is playing the class - I would like to get in touch.

#9 Emoeritz

Emoeritz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • RBG: 2056

Posted 08 October 2012 - 10:31 AM

Your recap saddens me Hilde. :(

#10 WildeHilde

WildeHilde
  • Content Editors
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst

Posted 14 October 2012 - 11:06 PM

The class isn't easy to master, but I think it has huge potential. If you struggle - use healing sphere more often. Spamming healing sphere can outheal bm + warrior burst except when being controlled of course.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<