Cretz
  • Members
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Sunstrider
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 06 July 2008 - 09:52 PM

Hey. Thanks alot for the nice guide.

If it's not too much to ask for, you think it's possible for you to list your keybinds?

And any important macro, except the focus macros, which are fairly basic.

(class specific questions, yes I know :))

Edited by Cretz, 06 July 2008 - 10:03 PM.

#42 kuruption

kuruption
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Zuluhed
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Combat

Posted 06 July 2008 - 11:15 PM

showed me some stuff i didnt know about, thank you very much!

#43 Pharaun

Pharaun
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 07 July 2008 - 01:03 AM

And any important macro, except the focus macros, which are fairly basic.

(class specific questions, yes I know :))

All I really have are focus, decurse, and various /stopcasting /cast BLAH macros. Nothing fancy. My sheep&CS macro broadcasts into party chat, but it's pretty useless 'cus nobody ever reads it.

If it's not too much to ask for, you think it's possible for you to list your keybinds?

Keybindings tend to be unique to a player, but if you must know,

s-CHAR = shift + char
c-CHAR = ctrl + char
---- : r# Ability = -----: /cast Ability(Rank #)

` : wand
s-` : bandage
1 : blink
2 : r1 FN
3 : fireblast
4 : icelance
5 : Frostbolt
s-5 : r1 Frostbolt
s-1: pet attack
s-2: pet freeze
s-3: pet passive
s-4: summon pet
c-1: r1 Ice Armor
c-2: evocate
c-3: mana gem
c-4: arcane missiles (hardly used)
c-5: alternates between scorch and arcane blast with
a-5: other one from above ^
Q: Arcane Torrent
s-Q: Icy Veins
E: iceblock
s-E: coldsnap
R: pvp trinket
s-R: healing trinket / dps trinket (/14)
T: CoC
s-T: r1 CoC
Y: AE
s-Y: r1 AE
U: feather fall (lol, BUFF FILLER FTW!)
F: /assist
s-F: /focus
G: polymorph
s-G: /cast [target=focus] polymorph
V: counterspell
s-V: /cast [target=focus] counterspell
C: fireward
s-C: frostward
X: decurse
Z: icebarrier
s-Z: mana shield
Mouse Button 4: r1 Blizzard
s-Mouse Button 4: /castsequence r1 Dampen Magic, r1 Arcane Intellect, r1 Frost Armor, r1 Frost Ward
Mouse Button 5: vent
Middle Mouse: mana tap
s-Middle Mouse: Spellsteal
"Who, after all, is today speaking of the destruction of the Armenians?"

-Adolf Hitler, 1939

#44 Cretz

Cretz
  • Members
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Sunstrider
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 07 July 2008 - 05:25 AM

thanks alot.

#45 Younity

Younity
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Ursin
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Protection

Posted 10 July 2008 - 07:17 PM

Awesome. Didn't know much about triggers. They're so useful now.

#46 Sevalind

Sevalind
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Trollbane
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 11 July 2008 - 11:29 AM

this was really informative I bow to the author

#47 Nagoty

Nagoty
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Anetheron
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Arms

Posted 13 July 2008 - 12:58 PM

absolutely awesome job man thanks a lot i enjoyed watching all of these!

#48 Piroloco

Piroloco
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Warsong
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Arms

Posted 15 July 2008 - 05:06 AM

Im having some problems with this Pitbull...i Removed the "party's targets and party's pets" clicking in disable like all of the other stuff from the tutorial video ...but now these two frames are apearing in my screen...I have tried everything that comes to my mind. Any suggestion? Thanks very much!

#49 marliben

marliben
  • Members
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Boulderfist
  • Cyclone
  • Talents:

Posted 15 July 2008 - 10:25 PM

Quick problem. I was clicking along, disabling groups that I didn't want visible in my configuration when I accidentally disabled party. I can't figure out how to get it enabled again. Help appreciated.

#50 Pharaun

Pharaun
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 15 July 2008 - 11:12 PM

Quick problem. I was clicking along, disabling groups that I didn't want visible in my configuration when I accidentally disabled party. I can't figure out how to get it enabled again. Help appreciated.

/pitbull
-> Extra
Enable party.

The extra stores all of the disabled groups.

-Adolf Hitler, 1939

#51 Pharaun

Pharaun
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 15 July 2008 - 11:15 PM

A couple good things came with patch 2.4.3, in terms of your pvp UI

First, and more importantly, there's a new proximo, and it fixes quite a few pieces of functionality.

(Videos uploading currently, will add in)

First off - remember seeing other people's talents in earlier versions? You can do that now, sort of. If you pick up an ability that requires a certain talent, Proximo logs that and displays it (seemingly instantly, in combat). I don't know if it's 100% solid, but I do know that it's cool.

Secondly, PET TARGETTING IS FIXED! No more targetting hunter pets! Unless I'm just overjoyed with the previous fix and didn't test this rigorously enough, pet targetting is a thing of the past!

Now the bad - it seems that there's some serious glitches in targetting. By repeatedly clicking on one unit frame I toggled through the opposing team. Sometimes it would target the wrong person, sometimes not. I'm not sure what's going on here, but it's inconsistent right now. I also can't reliably duplicate the problem, so I'm not even positive it's a bug - could be on my end. Hopefully this will be fixed, leaving only the good.

Second, Bartender4 was released.

View on Vimeo.

If you've ever used a keybinding-help addon (clique? I dunno), that functionality is now in Bartender. To keybind something, instead of opening up the Esc-> Keybinding menu and finding the exact bar & button, all you have to do is type /kb and mouse over the correct hotkey, then press the keybinding. Pretty straightforward, saves a lot of time.

It looks like the right-click-to-configure option is gone when you're in "unlocked" mode. I migth be missing this, but I think it's gone.

Also, there's a July 12th version of NECB out, but it still seems pretty crippled. I haven't gotten a chance to flush out the full cooldown-tracking capability, but I can say for sure that the enemy debuffs are tracked very poorly - it relies on you targetting. I currently see no reason to switch from Afflicted/DR Tracker back to NECB.

(May plug a video in)

-Adolf Hitler, 1939

#52 Vidra

Vidra
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Frost
  • RBG: 192

Posted 16 July 2008 - 01:50 AM

A couple good things came with patch 2.4.3, in terms of your pvp UI

First, and more importantly, there's a new proximo, and it fixes quite a few pieces of functionality.

(Videos uploading currently, will add in)

First off - remember seeing other people's talents in earlier versions? You can do that now, sort of. If you pick up an ability that requires a certain talent, Proximo logs that and displays it (seemingly instantly, in combat). I don't know if it's 100% solid, but I do know that it's cool.

Secondly, PET TARGETTING IS FIXED! No more targetting hunter pets! Unless I'm just overjoyed with the previous fix and didn't test this rigorously enough, pet targetting is a thing of the past!

Now the bad - it seems that there's some serious glitches in targetting. By repeatedly clicking on one unit frame I toggled through the opposing team. Sometimes it would target the wrong person, sometimes not. I'm not sure what's going on here, but it's inconsistent right now. I also can't reliably duplicate the problem, so I'm not even positive it's a bug - could be on my end. Hopefully this will be fixed, leaving only the good.

Second, Bartender4 was released.

View on Vimeo.

If you've ever used a keybinding-help addon (clique? I dunno), that functionality is now in Bartender. To keybind something, instead of opening up the Esc-> Keybinding menu and finding the exact bar & button, all you have to do is type /kb and mouse over the correct hotkey, then press the keybinding. Pretty straightforward, saves a lot of time.

It looks like the right-click-to-configure option is gone when you're in "unlocked" mode. I migth be missing this, but I think it's gone.

Also, there's a July 12th version of NECB out, but it still seems pretty crippled. I haven't gotten a chance to flush out the full cooldown-tracking capability, but I can say for sure that the enemy debuffs are tracked very poorly - it relies on you targetting. I currently see no reason to switch from Afflicted/DR Tracker back to NECB.

(May plug a video in)

For proximo is there an update we need to download or was it the blizzard patch that fixed the pet targeting and the talents showing up on proximo? I still don't see the talents showing up on proximo.

Edited by Vidra, 16 July 2008 - 01:59 AM.

#53 Pharaun

Pharaun
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 16 July 2008 - 04:51 AM

You have to grab the latest revision from files.wowace.com/Proximo, yea

-Adolf Hitler, 1939

#54 Vidra

Vidra
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • RBG: 192

Posted 16 July 2008 - 09:19 AM

You have to grab the latest revision from files.wowace.com/Proximo, yea

Is there another place to get it at?

#55 Pharaun

Pharaun
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 17 July 2008 - 02:02 AM

I don't know if there's another place to get it, there's no reason to look elsewhere.

Also, something to keep in mind:

r78519 | grayhoof | 2008-07-15 20:16:28 -0400 (Tue, 15 Jul 2008) | 1 line
Changed paths:
M /trunk/Proximo/Proximo.lua

Proximo: reverting back to /targetexact, as /targetenemyplayer doesn't appear to work on live.

As per the dev of Proximo, the bug I discuss is in the /targetenemyplayer command. So it looks like we're still stuck with the pet glitch until Blizz fixes its shit.

-Adolf Hitler, 1939

#56 keke

keke
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Skywall
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 21 July 2008 - 07:19 AM

cool videos, but I was attempting to make some triggers for MSBT and it seems as though I have an updated version of it which is completely different. I can't follow along at all to what you are saying.

Could you help me out please? I'm just trying to make triggers for poly/blind/fears of all kinds...basically CCs :)

#57 Pharaun

Pharaun
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 22 July 2008 - 12:10 AM

cool videos, but I was attempting to make some triggers for MSBT and it seems as though I have an updated version of it which is completely different. I can't follow along at all to what you are saying.

Could you help me out please? I'm just trying to make triggers for poly/blind/fears of all kinds...basically CCs :)

I'm hoping to put out a video for 2.4.3 triggers soon, been a bit slow on that.

-Adolf Hitler, 1939

#58 Spheniscus

Spheniscus
  • Kewpaxoxo
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Frostmane
  • Reckoning
  • Talents:

Posted 23 July 2008 - 12:42 PM

Holy fuck I love you.

Knowing when a druid uses Nature Swiftness is going to be awesome because I play double DPS!
Posted Image

#59 Shiza

Shiza
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Twilight's Hammer
  • Blackout

Posted 23 July 2008 - 01:41 PM

New MSBT is out, can you make another video, I can't get fade <spell name> to work :(

#60 Pharaun

Pharaun
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 23 July 2008 - 05:00 PM

New MSBT is out, can you make another video, I can't get fade <spell name> to work :(

DONE!

~85MB, ~6 minutes, same droning voice

Main features: 2.4.3 patch, MSBT 5.2.8/9+ Trigger configuration. Short blurb on scroll areas, short blurb on naming strings in triggers.

http://files.filefro...;/fileinfo.html

Vimeo stream will be online Thursday.

-Adolf Hitler, 1939

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<