Bracketx
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Area 52
  • Retaliation
  • Talents: Unholy 0/0/0/0/0/1
  • RBG: 192

Posted 20 September 2012 - 09:01 PM

So, what do you guys think? Will PHDK be viable this season for Frost DKs opposed to how they weren't in Cata?

Plague Leech changes things up a lot. It definitely fixes the problem with Frost's Howling Blast disease spam and freezing trap unable to work effectively due to diseases on the target. Almost certain Blizzard intended this as Freezing Trap has a 24 second Cooldown and Plague Leech is a 25 second Cooldown. Now that Frost DKs have this ability to remove their diseases from the desired target (I'm thinking a shift-modified focus Plague Leech onto the enemy healer followed by a quick Freezing Trap will definitely do the trick).

#2 Nelehx

Nelehx
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Frost 2/0/1/0/2/1

Posted 20 September 2012 - 09:34 PM

most hunters play with glyph of scattering (scatter shot removing dots) cuz of snaketrap fucking up traps so they should pick the glyph no matter what comp they will, and definetly for phd so deseases wont be a problem you can play with unholy blight

as far as i know both frost and unholy will get kited alot, but frost has basically the same mobility (if not better with the 30% reduced cc passive thingy)
so yes i think frost will definetly be viable for phd, i might even think it will be better because of its insane burst (no ramp up time, just play with a bm and 1shot basically)
swe ofc ^^

#3 Bracketx

Bracketx
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Area 52
  • Retaliation

Posted 20 September 2012 - 11:00 PM

View PostNelehx, on 20 September 2012 - 09:34 PM, said:

most hunters play with glyph of scattering (scatter shot removing dots) cuz of snaketrap fucking up traps so they should pick the glyph no matter what comp they will, and definetly for phd so deseases wont be a problem you can play with unholy blight

as far as i know both frost and unholy will get kited alot, but frost has basically the same mobility (if not better with the 30% reduced cc passive thingy)
so yes i think frost will definetly be viable for phd, i might even think it will be better because of its insane burst (no ramp up time, just play with a bm and 1shot basically)

I definitely agree with you on the burst portion of your statement especially.

• Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Bleeding Hollow
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Frost 2/0/1/0/1/2
  • RBG: 2214

Posted 20 September 2012 - 11:38 PM

yes. i think it will.

i really want to play scleave or phd. maybe tsg also will be amazing because of double freedoms. we'll see :)

#5 Influence123

Influence123
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Unholy 1/0/2/2/0/2

Posted 24 September 2012 - 08:16 PM

If you plan on running up at the higher ratings I would highly suggest against frost. The reason I say that is because top rated teams know how to exploit a frost DK.

Every single time you trap you will have eliminated your ability to howling blast. Most top teams will sit around the trap due to trying to eat the trap. So I feel like during the time you are supposed to be pushing for a kill you are limited in your abilities. I still think unholy will just simply be much stronger for PHDK.

#6 Bracketx

Bracketx
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Area 52
  • Retaliation

Posted 24 September 2012 - 08:32 PM

You definitely won't be howling if you're going for a kill. Obliterate does nearly 400% weapon damage versus a target with both diseases up (if you're using a 2-hander) and if you're stacking necrotics (which you most definitely should be) you'll have that negation up along with the pressure from Soul Reaper and your Oblierates / Frost Strikes. I'd recommend glyph of Icy Touch since you'll be able to dispel bops, etc, and have one advantage versus using howling blast single target.

Edited by Bracketx, 24 September 2012 - 08:38 PM.

#7 bighandxyz

bighandxyz
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Fenris
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Blood 0/2/0/0/1/0
  • RBG: 2041

Posted 30 September 2012 - 10:47 AM

did they take away that slow thing on ground aura?

#8 Bracketx

Bracketx
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Area 52
  • Retaliation

Posted 30 September 2012 - 07:41 PM

Desecration?
Yes.

#9 Spampressure

Spampressure

Posted 10 October 2012 - 07:41 PM

Even if it got more and more difficult during the last seasons, PHDK is still going to be a solid comp to gather glad for sure

#10 Nelehx

Nelehx
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Frost 2/0/1/0/2/1

Posted 10 October 2012 - 07:46 PM

omg yes its totally viable, only semi-counter i know of so far would be kfc but we manage to win 50-60% of the games so its good
swe ofc ^^

#11 Mattadoro

Mattadoro
  • LocationGAINSville, The Gym

Posted 10 October 2012 - 08:00 PM

hunter anything works right now and dk's are one of the best to go along with it, grip any class that doesnt have an immunity like iceblock or bubble and the hunter should able to solo it in 2 seconds regardless of rating
Posted Image

#12 Influence123

Influence123
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Unholy 1/0/2/2/0/2

Posted 16 October 2012 - 02:53 PM

View PostMatadorbro, on 10 October 2012 - 08:00 PM, said:

hunter anything works right now and dk's are one of the best to go along with it, grip any class that doesnt have an immunity like iceblock or bubble and the hunter should able to solo it in 2 seconds regardless of rating

This is so unbelievably true. Hunters pets including their stampede is ignoring players resilience so their pets are soloing people. When blizzard decides to actually do something about this the ladder clime will be very very easy. Not sure what your battle group is looking like....but the no joke every single team on my battle group has a hunter in it.

#13 SeedSargeras

SeedSargeras
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Unholy 2/2/1/0/2/.
  • LocationNewfie

Posted 28 October 2012 - 01:56 PM

I'm going to be brutally honest, have you guys even considered if you're playing with a hunter to limit your howling blasts and pick up glyph of icy touch (with strang and dark sim glyphs) and spam icy touch?

Yes, it's about 40% less damage, so instead of 13k hits, your icy touch hits for 8k, however you're also dispelling a magic buff which is huge.

I'm frost most times and I picked up this glyph. When I don't want to break cc's or whatnot I use icy touch. I played a few games with a warrior and using it to get rid of freedoms and mage shields or anything a priest/druid casts is pretty big.

I think the damage loss vs the ability to dispel a magic buff is very big and worth picking up.

Just food for thought.
:deathknight: Seed
Posted Image

#14 Zander

Zander
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Frostmane
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/1/2/2/2/2

Posted 28 October 2012 - 02:53 PM

We spam icy touch as any comp vs almost any comp

#15 bighandxyz

bighandxyz
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Fenris
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Blood 0/2/0/0/1/0
  • RBG: 2041

Posted 28 October 2012 - 02:55 PM

unless you play dualwield arena I don't ever see a reason to not obliterate with all your frost runes. Maybe icy touch to get rid of sack and freedom

#16 Zander

Zander
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Frostmane
  • Reckoning

Posted 28 October 2012 - 11:06 PM

I had a 26 minute unholyplay q VS godcomp a couple weeks back. Last ~2 minutes of the game I did nothing but dispel and we killed the priest.

#17 Blackdawn

Blackdawn
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Der Rat von Dalaran
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Unholy

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:06 AM

wth is godplay and killing a disc priest is very very easy nowdays

if u spam icy touch just to maybe disple random buffs ur bad, sorry
its used to remove the big buffs and afterwards for freedom/bop/shield situationary only
one life, one chance

#18 Zander

Zander
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Frostmane
  • Reckoning

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:33 AM

Spriest/frost mage/rdruid - dispelling hots in tree form as well as pom/shield/renew. I mean if the strat that finally ended the game makes me bad so be it?

edit: to clarify by "spamming it" i'm not going for "random buffs" as you say; I'm using it to actually dispel shit that's on the target not just using it 100% of the time.

Edited by Zander, 29 October 2012 - 11:10 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<