• US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Destruction 1/2/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1609
  • 3v3: 1792
  • RBG: 2050

Posted 19 September 2012 - 10:06 PM

View PostWildeHilde, on 19 September 2012 - 08:28 PM, said:

I actually think he commited on two things.

1.) The trinkets will be looked at.

2.) He thinks it's a good idea to announce player-made tournaments on website and launcher.

This is more than I expected to get. Also we have a direct answer from him regarding PvE gear, which is at least something we can quote when it turns out to be wrong.

Compare it to any other developer interview during the last days. I would have loved to ask more things in detail and stay on certain topics (did that for the trinkets, which cost us 3-4 other questions). We had 18 minutes and 37 seconds for this interview and audio problems. This was the best we could get.

Thanks for the effort, I think you did a great job with the limited questions and he probably screened/prepped for the questions you gave him.

For a serious constructive discussion, follow up questions are where you can really dig in.  His reactions to your initial questions about growing the pvp community and increasing accessibility were concerning.  I feel as though he doesn't have any long-term plans for the pvp scene, as evidenced by his references to Starcraft and other games for "pvp fixes".  It would have been nice if you could have followed up on a few of those points.

#62 Dagin

Dagin
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Lightninghoof
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/0/0/2/1/0
  • RBG: 2049
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted 19 September 2012 - 10:07 PM

That was such a let down.
Signature removed
"Too Big"- Nerd Vexo
Sorry guys too big
Dale
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=m-gVxKrzb4g
Posted Image

#63 Sanaubia

Sanaubia
  • Members

Posted 19 September 2012 - 10:07 PM

View PostSaikx, on 19 September 2012 - 09:47 PM, said:

w/e my point is you try here to blame the community, not wanting their class to get nerfed etc, while its blizzard who dont give a shit about esport/arena/pvp and literally take over a year to "fix" a class. Or in fact lets take it real, they don't actually do anything and give us this "fuck that mentality", gear will fix it", next season will fix it, next addon will fix it"

^^^^ This is the reason i stopped playing WoW. Blizzard can just do what the fuck they want because the number of ppl who want this game to be BIG esport is like 5% from all the wow players

#64 Zong

Zong
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Frostmourne
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 19 September 2012 - 10:09 PM

View Posthairpiece, on 19 September 2012 - 10:01 PM, said:

one of the things i wanted to know is what happened to the concept of the game being in a wounded state?  at this moment you are either dead or topped off.  I liked the concept of being wounded, but now burst healing is so crazy to counteract the burst damage (frost bomb lol???) game just feels gimmicky now.  Whoever can burst the most and instant/endlessly cc the most.

Was the game ever at this point? I would say it was completely the opposite in Cata and Wrath, if anything only BC emulated this, and I'm pretty sure that was only because of the ridiculous amounts of RNG on everything.

This does remind me of another thing Blizzard said they were going to do....more frequent balance changes. Where'd that go? I seem to remember them saying that they were going to be trying to balance more freqently(like with hotfixes), but it seems like they just gave up and went straight back to sweeping changes every 3-6 7-9 months in the major content patch.

All these kinds of signs really do point to Blizzard actually giving up on PvP.

Edited by Zong, 19 September 2012 - 10:10 PM.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#65 Sanaubia

Sanaubia
  • Members

Posted 19 September 2012 - 10:14 PM

View PostZong, on 19 September 2012 - 10:09 PM, said:

Was the game ever at this point? I would say it was completely the opposite in Cata and Wrath, if anything only BC emulated this, and I'm pretty sure that was only because of the ridiculous amounts of RNG on everything.

This does remind me of another thing Blizzard said they were going to do....more frequent balance changes. Where'd that go? I seem to remember them saying that they were going to be trying to balance more freqently(like with hotfixes), but it seems like they just gave up and went straight back to sweeping changes every 3-6 7-9 months in the major content patch.

yea... to me it feels like blizzard is just milking money from players and watching other mmos for stuff to copy and use that stuff in titan

#66 Pritchard

Pritchard
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/0/0

Posted 19 September 2012 - 10:18 PM

View PostZong, on 19 September 2012 - 10:09 PM, said:

yea, its really just getting worse, and unfortunately the common excuse is "its balanced for 90" when we all know that the majority of the current problems are still just as broken at 90 due to people doing arena on the beta.  i guess we will what happens in 2 weeks when arena goes live.

#67 Lauviah

Lauviah
  • Junkies

Posted 19 September 2012 - 10:29 PM

Posted Image

#68 myboomstick

myboomstick
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Daggerspine
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 19 September 2012 - 10:38 PM

Shit answers.... GC just doesn't get it....

GC could invest a relatively small amount of time and money into wow arena and make it back tenfold. What a clown...

#69 Enlileon

Enlileon
  • Members

Posted 19 September 2012 - 11:00 PM

There were at least half a dozen suggestions for the state of rogues questions in the forum for "gc interview questions" and then not a single 1 in your interview. I get that you were short of time but quite frankly I'm still shattered. Rogues are currently broken(in a bad way) due to retardedly long cds vs comparable abilities of all other classes, shit mobility and fu^&*d survivability. There are examples galore that plenty of multi-glads on here have already illustrated. I was waiting with bated breath for the interview transcript and then...nothing. Good try Wildehilde, maybe next time. I wish that Blizzard would just hire some decent pvper's (2200+) to help with balance. Because currently its obvious as dog's balls that they dont.

#70 WildeHilde

WildeHilde
  • Content Editors
  • Curse Premium
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Combat 1/1/2/1/1/0
  • RBG: 2215
  • LocationSouthern Germany

Posted 19 September 2012 - 11:09 PM

My humble opinion after testing for many games on beta.
Rogues are viable. They are only a lot harder to play than in S11. I expect a lot less rogues from 1800-2500, but on tournament level rogues will still work pretty well in certain comps. They do not act as main damage dealer anymore, but the burst with Shadowblades, Tricks and Prey on the Weak is very strong. Means RLS won't work, RMP and RHD will.

#71 Puskakana

Puskakana
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/2/.
  • LocationFinland

Posted 19 September 2012 - 11:12 PM

Was a little disapointed, but good job anyways WildeHilde. :)

#72 Justblaze

Justblaze
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Holy 1/1/1/1/1/1
  • RBG: 192

Posted 19 September 2012 - 11:39 PM

View Postkhuna, on 19 September 2012 - 08:50 PM, said:

Just wanted to back you up on this, i think you are right that was my first reaction when i saw this.
I think commentators are the main factor to make a game understandable for viewers, and i think WoW is easier to understand than Starcraft 2 for new players with great commentators like Azael or Conrad.
Starcraft 2 commentators are just so good, they know the game almost as much as top players do and they are funny/dynamic so it makes it so much easier to understand what's happening.
I dno why GC answered that but i hope thats not cause he doesnt understand shit himself, would be sad.

+rep

#73 Lazeeqt

Lazeeqt
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Marksmanship 1/1/2/2/1/2/.
  • 2v2: 1624
  • 3v3: 2553
  • 5v5: 1905
  • RBG: 1745

Posted 19 September 2012 - 11:53 PM

Posted Image

#74 Mazdak

Mazdak
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Shattrath
  • Sturmangriff / Charge
  • Talents: Subtlety

Posted 20 September 2012 - 03:12 AM

View Postkhuna, on 19 September 2012 - 08:50 PM, said:

Just wanted to back you up on this, i think you are right that was my first reaction when i saw this.
I think commentators are the main factor to make a game understandable for viewers, and i think WoW is easier to understand than Starcraft 2 for new players with great commentators like Azael or Conrad.
Starcraft 2 commentators are just so good, they know the game almost as much as top players do and they are funny/dynamic so it makes it so much easier to understand what's happening.
I dno why GC answered that but i hope thats not cause he doesnt understand shit himself, would be sad.

For real? WoW is easier to understand than Starcraft 2?

So basically you are saying that it's harder to understand the basics of SC2 than the ones of WoW?

Let's compare:

3 races with ~20 Buildings & 20 units per race - Goal: Destroy the main buildings of the enemy.

12 races, 10 classes ~30-40 abilities per class - Goal: Kill the enemies

Everyone is able to understand SC2, if you just explain the races to them while saying "It's a war in the space, they are fighting until someone is too strong and then kills his buildings!"

No one is able to understand WoW when you say "Ok that's RMP vs 3DPS, they need to watch out for the DK, because the priest will die very quickly if the DK can stack necro strike on him. If he doesn't use trinket for strang, he's 100% dead, but if he runs out of cooldowns the warrior and the paladin are going to destroy him completely. He needs to rely on his rogue to peel off one enemy completely while the mage cc's them long enough to set up a burstcombo together with the rogue. Oh but if they go on another target, then [..]"

Obviously you are biased because you wan't WoW to become a real eSport with weekly tournaments and big offline events - and I can understand that. But let's be honest, this will never happen. If people had to choose between LoL/Dota, SC2 and WoW - WoW would always be the last choice.

You can just buy SC2/Dota and dl LoL and you are able to instantly play the game that you just saw. To play arenas on the other hand, you need to grind up the new toon all the way to level 90 - without heirlooms or any game experience.

The game is just not designed to be an eSport

Edited by Mazdak, 20 September 2012 - 03:13 AM.

#75 IPhoenixIofITichondriusI

IPhoenixIofITichondriusI
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Fire 1/2/2/2/1/2
  • RBG: 384
  • LocationTexas

Posted 20 September 2012 - 04:30 AM

Hildegard: Why do the PvP trinkets have different stats? Mastery/Crit/Spirit for the Medallion and Battle Master, PvP Power for the on-use and proc trinkets?

Am I blind or is there no answer/follow up answer on this question?

#76 angelownzz

angelownzz
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/0/1/2/2
  • 2v2: 1526
  • 3v3: 2324

Posted 20 September 2012 - 04:38 AM

I'm in fucking shock. I guess the fate of PvP depends on the community. I honestly thought WoW was leaning more towards PvP and for some reason I'm still hoping that they are. But with the answers to these questions this is probably not the case.

#77 kannetixx

kannetixx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Fire
  • RBG: 768
  • LocationFlorida yee

Posted 20 September 2012 - 04:39 AM

View PostMazdak, on 20 September 2012 - 03:12 AM, said:

For real? WoW is easier to understand than Starcraft 2?

So basically you are saying that it's harder to understand the basics of SC2 than the ones of WoW?

Let's compare:

3 races with ~20 Buildings & 20 units per race - Goal: Destroy the main buildings of the enemy.

12 races, 10 classes ~30-40 abilities per class - Goal: Kill the enemies

Everyone is able to understand SC2, if you just explain the races to them while saying "It's a war in the space, they are fighting until someone is too strong and then kills his buildings!"

No one is able to understand WoW when you say "Ok that's RMP vs 3DPS, they need to watch out for the DK, because the priest will die very quickly if the DK can stack necro strike on him. If he doesn't use trinket for strang, he's 100% dead, but if he runs out of cooldowns the warrior and the paladin are going to destroy him completely. He needs to rely on his rogue to peel off one enemy completely while the mage cc's them long enough to set up a burstcombo together with the rogue. Oh but if they go on another target, then [..]"

Obviously you are biased because you wan't WoW to become a real eSport with weekly tournaments and big offline events - and I can understand that. But let's be honest, this will never happen. If people had to choose between LoL/Dota, SC2 and WoW - WoW would always be the last choice.

You can just buy SC2/Dota and dl LoL and you are able to instantly play the game that you just saw. To play arenas on the other hand, you need to grind up the new toon all the way to level 90 - without heirlooms or any game experience.

The game is just not designed to be an eSport

you clearly do not understand sc2 .. its a lot more than just "killing buildings.."

there are specific timings that you need to look for - understand why your opponent is doing what  at XXX time .. is he getting gas a little too early or is he not? .. did you scout completely to prevent your base from being over run by 11/11 rax - 6pool - 4gate .. yatta yatta is he/she going to transition into a certain build out of what they are currently using if so What and how do you figure that out?

there is a lot more to sc2 than just that my friend .. you can go into deal with sc2 just as much as wow has and sc2 is way more complex than wow in terms of design and gameplay

i watched WoW tournaments back with MLG when hafu and those few players played in tournaments and i had no fucking clue what was going on but as someone mentioned before Commentators help tremendously in delivering a game and helping the novice players understand what is going on.. SC2 Casters are GREAT at doing this they explain what a certain build is .. why is being built - what its going to actually do .. they explain upgrades and everything in between to keep the audience involved in it and that is what WoW needs and that is what it certainly has among the number of players who are pretty great casters.

using your example you can simply say RMP vs TSG Trip DPS to a novice player
RMP Stands for Rogue Mage Priest
Basically the priest needs to survive the other teams cooldowns or else hes dead his team really needs to help him here ..
novice asks why - the armor they wear is weaker compared to the damage the other team can do.

pretty simple explanation to someone who has no idea wtf they are watching but can now understand simply .. dont let the white bar character die to the brown / pink / red.

if they have an interest further than that .. then you can go into deeper details

for someone who has never watched a certain sport what is the general thing someone mentions? Team A vs B and you give a general explanation of the gameplay .. you don't bombard them with plays and all of that and they can still enjoy the game.. it just has to be spectator friendly and have a little information to help some one along the way and it becomes watchable.
US-Kel'Thuzad - Kannetix

http://www.anook.com/kannetix

www.twitch.tv/kannetix - Gladiator Mage Stream follow me and see when i go live!

#78 Deeklol

Deeklol
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Area 52
  • Retaliation
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 20 September 2012 - 05:27 AM

sure
Hey, add me on LoL :)

IGN: Keklyz

#79 Udderly

Udderly
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 1918

Posted 20 September 2012 - 05:38 AM

Anyone who wonders why WoW wouldn't care about this community should just read some of the responses to this thread.  I truly hope many of you don't have such massive amounts of negativity in your real lives as well....

Nice attempt, haters gonna hate

#80 Wallirik

Wallirik
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Affliction 0/2/0/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 2612
  • 3v3: 3261
  • 5v5: 2737
  • RBG: 2654

Posted 20 September 2012 - 05:40 AM

Spoiler

Probably different opinions to this (orly lol), personally, before i ever played starcraft once, it was rather easy following a game being casted, i had an idea of what was going on without ever playing the game. If I never played wow I don't think i would be able to grasp what the hell is going on, or who's ahead etc.

I think this is what he's getting at.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<