• Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Assassination 1/1/2/1/1/0
  • RBG: 1942

Posted 19 September 2012 - 08:50 PM

View PostZong, on 19 September 2012 - 08:44 PM, said:

This is such bullshit. I personally have no idea what the fuck is going on when I watch Starcraft 2 games. The only reason competitive professional arena isn't more popular is because Blizzard stopped fucking giving a shit about it, scrapped the spectator UI and tried to switch focus to rated BGs(unsuccessfully). Blizzard tanked the professional scene 100%.

Just wanted to back you up on this, i think you are right that was my first reaction when i saw this.
I think commentators are the main factor to make a game understandable for viewers, and i think WoW is easier to understand than Starcraft 2 for new players with great commentators like Azael or Conrad.
Starcraft 2 commentators are just so good, they know the game almost as much as top players do and they are funny/dynamic so it makes it so much easier to understand what's happening.
I dno why GC answered that but i hope thats not cause he doesnt understand shit himself, would be sad.

Edited by khuna, 19 September 2012 - 08:50 PM.

#43 Aniroxlol

Aniroxlol
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/2/2/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1858
  • 3v3: 2007
  • RBG: 1923

Posted 19 September 2012 - 08:50 PM

He says WOW is not as spectator friendly as starcraft... are you kiding me? Shooter games are really the only type of game people can just jump into watching without knowing alot about the game.

Edited by Aniroxlol, 19 September 2012 - 08:52 PM.

#44 WildeHilde

WildeHilde
  • Content Editors
  • Curse Premium
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Combat 1/1/2/1/1/0
  • RBG: 2215
  • LocationSouthern Germany

Posted 19 September 2012 - 08:52 PM

We are working on a UI that is really spectator friendly. First public test will be on Sunday for the team. I guess it's time to show that WoW arena can be entertaining to players not following the scene, yet.

#45 Itsnel

Itsnel
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Unholy 0/0/2/0/0/0
  • RBG: 2469

Posted 19 September 2012 - 08:52 PM

View PostWildeHilde, on 19 September 2012 - 08:43 PM, said:

I asked two times for it, but then we decided to move on. I think he realized his answer was not really about the question, as he started to talk about the queueing system. The problem was that my audio was send over Skype while he was on the phone. So he had sometimes trouble understanding me and vice versa. Hoping to get a longer interview before 5.1 to talk more in-depth.

what a pity :( that 8min+ queue's for arena are actually worser than any op/imbalanced shit in this game

#46 Vioz

Vioz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kargath
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Frost 0/1/0/2/2/2

Posted 19 September 2012 - 08:55 PM

Posted Image

#47 Hynníx

Hynníx
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Frost 2/2/0/1/2/1
  • RBG: 192
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 19 September 2012 - 09:06 PM

we would end up in a situation like we were with the death knight were the class was just kind of a joke.

when he said this at the end it made me smile ))))

#48 WildeHilde

WildeHilde
  • Content Editors
  • Curse Premium
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst

Posted 19 September 2012 - 09:09 PM

The DK in S5 was that strong because the devs listened to forum feedback, among that AJ. The community claimed DKs would be easily kited and were very weak overall. This is one big reason why the devs listen less to the PvP community. When was the last time a top-notch player explained why his class was too strong? We need to make feedback of higher quality, like Elitist Jerks does for example.

#49 Warac

Warac
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Antonidas
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents: Holy 1/1/2/2/0/0

Posted 19 September 2012 - 09:13 PM

View PostWildeHilde, on 19 September 2012 - 09:09 PM, said:

The DK in S5 was that strong because the devs listened to forum feedback, among that AJ. The community claimed DKs would be easily kited and were very weak overall. This is one big reason why the devs listen less to the PvP community. When was the last time a top-notch player explained why his class was too strong? We need to make feedback of higher quality, like Elitist Jerks does for example.
I concur
Posted Image

#50 Thaya

Thaya
  • Moderators
  • LocationRussia

Posted 19 September 2012 - 09:15 PM

"It may be a pipe dream that it is going to grow in popularity like Starcraft. But can we make it more fun for the players who are interested in arena. Absolutely that would be great."

Sloppy work here. Should probably be "but can we make it more fun for the players who are interested in arena? Absolutely, that would be great."

"Greg "Ghostcrawler" Street: That's a really tough decision. Players really recent it if you suddenly go through and do nerfs particularly."

It's "resent", not "recent".

There's tons more errors here and there. I can spot them and my English isn't even that good. Have someone proof read this.

P.S.
"Voice from the off: We have time for one more question."

Voice from the off, haha.
Default UI Scripts - Compilation & how-to

#51 Zong

Zong
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Frostmourne
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 19 September 2012 - 09:19 PM

They listen to idiots and bad players though. I happened to be playing a DK during wrath beta and I made a thread about gargoyle doing way too much damage after a buff(it was pretty much like you'd pop it and strangulate and someone would die, which is how it ended up on live too), the thread ended up like 40 pages long of people flaming me and saying it wasn't overpowered. I don't tell you this to say "i told you so" or anything, but it proves my point that Blizzard actually listens to these kinds of brain dead retards, and clearly is not taking proper feedback from top players.

Edited by Zong, 19 September 2012 - 09:19 PM.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#52 Shawir

Shawir
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Archimonde
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Arms
  • RBG: 2477

Posted 19 September 2012 - 09:23 PM

learnt nothing from this interview, as usual

Posted Image

#53 Warac

Warac
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Antonidas
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents: Holy 1/1/2/2/0/0

Posted 19 September 2012 - 09:23 PM

View PostZong, on 19 September 2012 - 09:19 PM, said:

They listen to idiots and bad players though. I happened to be playing a DK during wrath beta and I made a thread about gargoyle doing way too much damage after a buff(it was pretty much like you'd pop it and strangulate and someone would die, which is how it ended up on live too), the thread ended up like 40 pages long of people flaming me and saying it wasn't overpowered. I don't tell you this to say "i told you so" or anything, but it proves my point that Blizzard actually listens to these kinds of brain dead retards, and clearly is not taking proper feedback from top players.
We as a group need to out voice those lesser knowledgeable players. Whenever a thread's made go onto the wow forums and backup what you think is right. If enough of us put the effort out someones bound to be heard.
Posted Image

#54 Niadus

Niadus
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Quel'Thalas
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Assassination 0/1/0/1/0/.

Posted 19 September 2012 - 09:30 PM

Not bad

#55 Evolute

Evolute
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/0/1/0/0
  • RBG: 192
  • LocationCanada

Posted 19 September 2012 - 09:30 PM

Posted Image

much better photo

Posted Image

#56 WildeHilde

WildeHilde
  • Content Editors
  • Curse Premium
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst

Posted 19 September 2012 - 09:32 PM

Exactly

View PostWarac, on 19 September 2012 - 09:23 PM, said:

We as a group need to out voice those lesser knowledgeable players. Whenever a thread's made go onto the wow forums and backup what you think is right. If enough of us put the effort out someones bound to be heard.

Exactly. You guys can bring the right feedback if you want. If everyone just tries to avoid nerfs or get buffs it will not work.

#57 Zong

Zong
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Frostmourne
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 19 September 2012 - 09:41 PM

View PostWarac, on 19 September 2012 - 09:23 PM, said:

You are right of course, however we are unfortunately in the minority here and the WoW forums have a LOT of bad players. While open letters and feedback threads have their place, they are very often drowned out by the mindless majority.

What I really like to see more of is YouTube videos from high level arena players, a video is an excellent medium to quickly address balance, ladder and general pvp scene concerns, and you have simply a name to back it up(that's all you need). Braindeadly seems to be the only one passionate enough to do this at the moment unfortunately. I really hope he continues to address the state of the game at 90, and that that would inspire other high level players to weigh in.

If you are a "name" in the PvP community then you can do a lot. I definitely think that players like Ming, Radikal, Serennia etc were very influential in balance changes back in BC and Wrath, even if indirectly through their blogging. Where has that gone??

Edited by Zong, 19 September 2012 - 09:43 PM.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#58 Saikx

Saikx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Arcane 0/0/0/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 2137
  • 3v3: 2624
  • RBG: 2184

Posted 19 September 2012 - 09:47 PM

This is like the dumbest thing I´ve ever read. DKs were overpowered because they(blizzard) listened to the community?

The problem here isnt that they listened to the "wrong" part of the community but that it takes Bizzard literally over a year to change a decision or to balance shit.

In every competetive game, lets take MOBAS for example, lets see how companys that care about esport handle this situation of sth being "broken"
-> 1 Champ/Hero whatever gets released
-> this champ/hero is obviously too strong based on data/player feedback etc
-> NEXT WEEK = HOTFIX
-->DONE (maybe some tweeks if it was too much or not enough of a nerf)

w/e my point is you try here to blame the community, not wanting their class to get nerfed etc, while its blizzard who dont give a shit about esport/arena/pvp and literally take over a year to "fix" a class. Or in fact lets take it real, they don't actually do anything and give us this "fuck that mentality", gear will fix it", next season will fix it, next addon will fix it"

TL;DR

This is how Blizzard thinks about PvP/Arena/E-sport in WOW:
Posted Image
Because of people like GC and this mentality, WoW will never have the chance to become a "big" esport title. Its fucking PvE everywhere.

Edited by Saikx, 19 September 2012 - 09:57 PM.

Posted Image

Visit my stream: http://www.twitch.tv/saikx

#59 pocketcurse

pocketcurse
  • Members

Posted 19 September 2012 - 10:00 PM

You did a great interview Hilde, considering the little time and all the comunication problems you had, also the fact that the guy has an incredible question dodge rating.

I belive Most of the people complaining is probably just upset because they where expecting a more long interview and maybe some class specific questions, which is understandable considering of the short time you had.

On the matter of the better pvp feedback the main problem  is us, we are not a very united community and most of the feedback here is heavily biased and sometimes very rude.

#60 Pritchard

Pritchard
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/0/0

Posted 19 September 2012 - 10:01 PM

I really would have liked to have gotten more out of this interview. The questions were ok but i personally would have liked to have seen all the questions regarding tournaments and pro pvp put into one question instead of taking up several questions with that and asked more questions about game balance issues, more importantly greater detail on things like instant cc/hybrid/non hybrid healing too strong.  I know you tried to work in the cc thing in the question about monks but i dont think he got the point. Apparently you really really have to spell things out for GC.  But yea I feel like  everyone kinda knows their stance on tournament play, it feels like they have been saying the same thing since mlg dropped, so it's kind of like beating a dead horse.  Overall, interesting interview at least, not so much from the answered questions pov but more from a "i can't believe this is how he actually answers questions" pov.

one of the things i wanted to know is what happened to the concept of the game being in a wounded state?  at this moment you are either dead or topped off.  I liked the concept of being wounded, but now burst healing is so crazy to counteract the burst damage (frost bomb lol???) game just feels gimmicky now.  Whoever can burst the most and instant/endlessly cc the most.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<