• Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Blackrock
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Affliction 0/2/2/0/2/0
  • RBG: 583

Posted 19 September 2012 - 08:04 PM

View PostWildeHilde, on 19 September 2012 - 08:02 PM, said:

He answered Skirmishes two times already. One was a direct answer to Braindeadly on Twitter.

link

#22 kannetixx

kannetixx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Fire
  • RBG: 768
  • LocationFlorida yee

Posted 19 September 2012 - 08:05 PM

seemed to kind of answer each question with sort of the same answer ... basically overall it has the "we'll get around to that eventually" answer .. nothing really solid just general statements like Yes we would LOVE to see that in game but we usually leave it to the players

not for nothing but if we're paying a subscription .. do not leave it up to me and whom ever else to figure out what should be in your game - if thats the case then take the advice of players and actually implement it dont just say something as general as that and he seems to think that aesthetic gear would do nothing actually going for 2200 before to get your shoulders before was a HUGE deal when you went up against a team in tbc with shoulders that was what you noticed.. if im paying for a subscription on top of paying for every xpac then i expect the team to have new fresh ideas every single time not just recycle content / items with different colors i want new content new gear an actual reason to play instead of just climbing a ladder not get t2 in a week and thennnn nada something to work for throughout the season to keep a player motivated
US-Kel'Thuzad - Kannetix

http://www.anook.com/kannetix

www.twitch.tv/kannetix - Gladiator Mage Stream follow me and see when i go live!

#23 WildeHilde

WildeHilde
  • Content Editors
  • Curse Premium
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Combat 1/1/2/1/1/0
  • RBG: 2215
  • LocationSouthern Germany

Posted 19 September 2012 - 08:06 PM

View PostBonjourhihi, on 19 September 2012 - 08:04 PM, said:

link

https://twitter.com/...743197500456960

#24 Bonjourhihi

Bonjourhihi
  • Wèntworth
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Blackrock
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Affliction 0/2/2/0/2/0
  • RBG: 583

Posted 19 September 2012 - 08:10 PM

View PostWildeHilde, on 19 September 2012 - 08:06 PM, said:

so if i get it right, we have a chance to get them back ?

#25 inhume

inhume
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Eredar
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Combat

Posted 19 September 2012 - 08:15 PM

ghostcrawler pretty much avoided any relevant question. good attempt though.

#26 Cevify

Cevify
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Fire
  • RBG: 2438

Posted 19 September 2012 - 08:18 PM

at least he thinks the pvp scene "could" be awesome

#27 Evolute

Evolute
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/0/1/0/0
  • RBG: 192
  • LocationCanada

Posted 19 September 2012 - 08:22 PM

It wasn't a bad interview. IDK what yall were expecting.

Posted Image

#28 Hotpie

Hotpie
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Frost 1/1/1/2/2/2
  • RBG: 2205
  • LocationNorway

Posted 19 September 2012 - 08:22 PM

People asked for more stuff from arena, like tabards.

GC: "I don't think the PvP community would appreciate that as much as the PvE community." l0lz

#29 Top

• Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:

Posted 19 September 2012 - 08:25 PM

His answers are TYPICAL of someone with public relations training.  You don't make any committing responses.  That's his job.  What do you expect?

The only thing we can hope for, is based on the questions posed to him, he gets a better understanding of what is important to the pvp (arena) community.  I think Hilde did a pretty good job with that.

#30 WildeHilde

WildeHilde
  • Content Editors
  • Curse Premium
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst

Posted 19 September 2012 - 08:28 PM

I actually think he commited on two things.

1.) The trinkets will be looked at.

2.) He thinks it's a good idea to announce player-made tournaments on website and launcher.

This is more than I expected to get. Also we have a direct answer from him regarding PvE gear, which is at least something we can quote when it turns out to be wrong.

Compare it to any other developer interview during the last days. I would have loved to ask more things in detail and stay on certain topics (did that for the trinkets, which cost us 3-4 other questions). We had 18 minutes and 37 seconds for this interview and audio problems. This was the best we could get.

#31 Mirionx

Mirionx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Holy 1/2/2/2/2/0
  • RBG: 2662

Posted 19 September 2012 - 08:29 PM

The interview was good but the answers were kinda zzzzzz but what can you expect

#32 Rylezlol

Rylezlol
  • Rylez
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Fire 1/2/2/2/1/2
  • RBG: 2381

Posted 19 September 2012 - 08:30 PM

i think it was ok

#33 Shadowtwist

Shadowtwist
  • LocationRiyadh, Saudi Arabia

Posted 19 September 2012 - 08:38 PM

People on AJ should stop complaining and give the OP credits for the attempt

Posted Image

#34 Itsnel

Itsnel
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Unholy 0/0/2/0/0/0
  • RBG: 2469

wow rly?... so you asked him about long arena queues, he answered with this rbg/bg nonsense and you weren't able to rephrase your question... rest of the interview was pretty nice, gj

#35 Supervagos

Supervagos
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Twilight's Hammer
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Shadow

conclusion : 0
GC : 0
Do bliz care about pvp ? : 0
HIlde gj friend thanks for the effort

#36 trickay

trickay
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Antonidas
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents: Subtlety 2/0/0/1/0/1

Posted 19 September 2012 - 08:39 PM

Who the fuck cares what people eat.
--"Loose trucks save lives"--

#37 Saikx

Saikx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Arcane 0/0/0/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 2137
  • 3v3: 2624
  • RBG: 2184

Posted 19 September 2012 - 08:42 PM

only thing I got from it is PvE HC Weapons will still be fucking overpowered for arena, but he THINKS they wont be, what a joke seriously.

still appreciate the effort, but this guy damn makes me mad

Posted Image

Visit my stream: http://www.twitch.tv/saikx

#38 khuna

khuna
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Assassination 1/1/2/1/1/0
  • RBG: 1942

Posted 19 September 2012 - 08:43 PM

Great job Hildegard really good questions

Thanks for the answer GC... jk would could may
but yea "Topthis" is right

#39 WildeHilde

WildeHilde
  • Content Editors
  • Curse Premium
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst

Posted 19 September 2012 - 08:43 PM

View PostItsnel, on 19 September 2012 - 08:38 PM, said:

wow rly?... so you asked him about long arena queues, he answered with this rbg/bg nonsense and you weren't able to rephrase your question... rest of the interview was pretty nice, gj

I asked two times for it, but then we decided to move on. I think he realized his answer was not really about the question, as he started to talk about the queueing system. The problem was that my audio was send over Skype while he was on the phone. So he had sometimes trouble understanding me and vice versa. Hoping to get a longer interview before 5.1 to talk more in-depth.

#40 Zong

Zong
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Frostmourne
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 19 September 2012 - 08:44 PM

Ghostcrawler, the master of vague answers to important questions.

If you are talking from a professional level or about people watching it - arena always suffers a bit that it's fast paced and it's hard to tell what is going on. It has never been the most easy to watch game out there. It may be a pipe dream that it is going to grow in popularity like Starcraft. But can we make it more fun for the players who are interested in arena. Absolutely that would be great.

This is such bullshit. I personally have no idea what the fuck is going on when I watch Starcraft 2 games. The only reason competitive professional arena isn't more popular is because Blizzard stopped fucking giving a shit about it, scrapped the spectator UI and tried to switch focus to rated BGs(unsuccessfully). Blizzard tanked the professional scene 100%.

I don't know how popular cosmetic rewards would be. The mounts are certainly exciting, as are the titles. I don't know if adding tons and tons of toys and transmog gear will make the PvP community as excited as the PvE players.

This is just laziness. PvPers are MMO players as well, they like getting special toys and rewards for being good at what they do. Why isn't the 2200 set a completely different looking awesome set? It should be. The Challenge Mode gear is easily some of the best looking gear I've ever seen in WoW, and now it has awesome animations when you cast spells. What do 2200 players get? Recolored set.

I can't be the only arena player who actually likes the other aspects of an MMO and wants their character to look awesome?

That's a really tough decision. Players really recent it if you suddenly go through and do nerfs particularly. We do have a break in between Mists of Pandaria launching and the season starting. It's a time to catch the problems at level 90. We have seen PvP at level 85 and have seen some players at level 90 on the beta realms. That is nothing compared to having millions of players on live. If BM burst or Wild Charge or Avatar are overpowered we will have a chance to get them. Whether or not we make huge sweep changes is just going to depend on the magnitude of the problem. It really pisses players off to suddenly be nerfed. Particularly say two weeks after the season started. If you build your arena team around this synergy among these class and then we suddenly pull out the rug from under you, players understandably get upset.

Tell them to deal with it? This isn't rocket science, balance for the greater good > people whining because they got nerfed. People will defend the most blatantly overpowered bullshit. It doesn't even matter how broken it is, someone will defend it.

Questions were okay I guess, not much you can do in what was clearly a short interview, and like I said, gc is the master at being vague and skirting around committal answers.
Posted ImagePosted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<