• Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 863
  • 3v3: 2310

Posted 18 February 2013 - 12:30 AM

View Postandysc, on 17 February 2013 - 11:51 PM, said:

I'd like to point something out: I played a Hunter in this game for a very long time. There were honestly changes and patch notes that I found to be maddeningly ignorant. I'm not sure how many hunters still play this game that would agree, but for a long time it was like we were playing a different game. The balance made no sense, other classes could be as good or better than me while being worse players - very frustrating.

League of Legends is the perfect game, in my opinion. I do have some problems with the engine and Adobe Air but the balance has been spot on. Most times when I see a change I think, "damn, good idea." and the game is so easy to pick up and so hard to be the best at that it's always fun to play. SC2 and DotA2 are interesting to me, but speaking strictly as a consumer here they lack the ease of understanding that League, and even WoW had. Plus, I don't just want to 1v1 people. I got that out of my system in Durotar years ago. I always disliked DotA because it prides itself on the dumb mechanics that were in WC3 that didn't make sense to begin with. Denying is a stupid system, in my opinion.

I played WC3 professionally before I played WoW and that game was quite fun in my opinion; clutch plays, macro, micro. League is very similar in that regard. I used to love the combat system in World of Warcraft but at the end of the day all it is is a great engine, fluid mechanics and animations in a game that isn't balanced at all whatsoever.

There are websites that show every piece of relevant data for every champion - it's so easy to find an outlier or an anomaly from a statistical standpoint. It was sort of shitty for me to go from being great at a game to shitty at a game, but at least I know the game is balanced. It's also insanely popular, and the streams prove that. Did Khuna really say they use viewer bots? The treacherous are ever distrustful. Why are you so jealous of Neilyo? How is it worse for him to use bots to up his viewers than it was for you to steal Hydra's identity?

????

Anyway, if you haven't played League seriously I'd highly recommend it. Once you can understand the genre and the basic parts of it(CS, lane position, relative power to your lane opponent) you can really climb and some of your, "skill" in this game does translate. I'm only 1900 Elo at League, but I can communicate and conceptualize strategies in teamfights and early game invades better than most players who have no team-based competitive experience, even ones who are 2-300 points higher rated than me.

Really, just try it. Once you get a basic understanding and play a lot you can have a ton of fun. Plenty of streams to watch, huge community, always a new champion to try or new build to investigate. Rune/mastery system offers so much in the way of outplaying your opponent before you even meet him, champ select/picks/bans eliminates cheese before it begins.

It's a fair PvP game for people who don't want to play FPS. If you're playing this game, and any good at it, chances are you'll enjoy League.

LoL is complete dogshit for anyone who is starting a MOBA game after the release and popularization of HoN, DOTA2 and SC2.

The game is easy to pickup on and hard to be good at?  Easy to pickup on because it's has little to no complexity whatsoever.  Gamers get exponentially more intelligent.  LoL will soon be a joke because it will be surpassed by the lure of actual complexity in other games.  DOTA's design has been flourishing for ten years, LoL will be lucky to get much past 5.  If you are a high rated HON, DOTA2 or SC2 player you can basically pee whilst playing LoL at a competitive level.

Saying that denying is a stupid mechanic is like saying that diminishing returns are dumb in WOW.  Denying creates lane control, lane positioning, shifts momentum and creates potential to gain slight edge on your opponent and take advantage of it in a very small window of opportunity.

You are basically saying that you are a horrible ex-competitive player that now enjoys being mediocre at LoL and thinking highly of himself because he can conceptualize "advanced tactics."  LoL is the bottom of the barrel for competitive gaming, it only continues success because it pays out big and it only pays out big because it was the first free to play MOBAs of the post DOTA generation.  This is truly one of the most retarded posts anyone has ever made on AJ.

A comprehensive look at resto shaman, from the inside out - http://i.imgur.com/icr36xO.png

Posted Image

Official Blizzard Quote:

11/18/10
Balance isn't as easy as some seem to think and often balance is in the eye of the beholder.. We believe priests will be in good shape if not great..

#123 Deeklol

Deeklol
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Area 52
  • Retaliation
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 18 February 2013 - 12:39 AM

but its noob friendly and appeal to the casuals
Hey, add me on LoL :)

IGN: Keklyz

#124 Submerge

Submerge
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Thunderlord
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 18 February 2013 - 01:03 AM

GC said nothing meaningful, he hinted at nothing meaningful happening, he obviously could care less about the competitive direction of the game, and why people still play this game is beyond me. It's like beating a dead horse over and over, the game is dead whether you like it or not.

#125 andysc

andysc
  • Meepmop
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Destromath
  • Rampage
  • Talents: ./././././.
  • RBG: 1753

Posted 18 February 2013 - 02:15 AM

View PostHektiik, on 18 February 2013 - 12:30 AM, said:

LoL is complete dogshit for anyone who is starting a MOBA game after the release and popularization of HoN, DOTA2 and SC2.

The game is easy to pickup on and hard to be good at?  Easy to pickup on because it's has little to no complexity whatsoever.  Gamers get exponentially more intelligent.  LoL will soon be a joke because it will be surpassed by the lure of actual complexity in other games.  DOTA's design has been flourishing for ten years, LoL will be lucky to get much past 5.  If you are a high rated HON, DOTA2 or SC2 player you can basically pee whilst playing LoL at a competitive level.

Saying that denying is a stupid mechanic is like saying that diminishing returns are dumb in WOW.  Denying creates lane control, lane positioning, shifts momentum and creates potential to gain slight edge on your opponent and take advantage of it in a very small window of opportunity.

You are basically saying that you are a horrible ex-competitive player that now enjoys being mediocre at LoL and thinking highly of himself because he can conceptualize "advanced tactics."  LoL is the bottom of the barrel for competitive gaming, it only continues success because it pays out big and it only pays out big because it was the first free to play MOBAs of the post DOTA generation.  This is truly one of the most retarded posts anyone has ever made on AJ.
I don't know where to begin: grats on access comes to mind.

I'll leave out the fact that you've never played any games professionally, and aren't better than me at one single game. Let's just ignore that. I'm going to put on a clinic:

Denying comes from this: In WC3 at the very, very start of it Orcs were insanely overpowered. Their cheap turret cost coupled with the fact that most of their early units had armor while the early units from other races often didn't made spamming structures to do static damage insanely overpowered. The power of structures in this game was actually problematic two times: once in beta, and again when Night Elfs could cheese with their buildings which had no supply tax.

Enter the siege unit. Siege units were insanely powerful as well at the start - you could amass an entire army of them and just kill your opponents base without fighting his units. This is where the term, "base race" was coined. To balance this, Blizzard gave them a targeted splash damage that would hit the ground and damage anyone inside the radius. So here we are: an accidental balancing act in the hero engine is now the major defining trait for an entire game? The ability to attack your own units was considered, "cheese" and, "exploitative" by the balancing team at Blizzard - many of these people now work on Blizzard AllStars and actively balance SC2( a game you used in an argument to support denying, how ironic ) - so your point that denying is an intentionally skillful mechanic has been laid to rest and there's nothing you can say to refute that. How does it make sense to kill your own units in any game? Even the Undead/Death Knight archetype barely does it.

Now for your salty affect: you're nobody. You can't even get basic Gladiator at World of Warcraft. Yes, 1900 Elo is mediocre at League of Legends but I'm 25 now, and being a pro gamer is a young man's game. I had my halcyon days as a professional in not one, but two games and I'm content to just play video games for fun at this juncture. But what about you? You've never played any video games successfully, so what difference is it to you? You should be playing games for fun the same as me.. but you're not. You might as well be running around saying we should all play 1.6, bunny-hopping around because that's real skill. 1.6 had its time, just like original DotA did. It's over now. DotA just doesn't have the readability or design.

And flourishing for ten years? Please. DotA2 literally begged me to play it. They aren't making nearly as much money as League and they won't ever be able to put on the same pro scene that Riot has going right now.

Fact: League has the most content updates, the biggest pro scene, it's the most played video game of all time. The balance isn't elitist and exclusive, unlike DotA2 and it's a team game, unlike SC2. You can't even argue correctly. You are completely ignorant as to the history of the denying mechanic, and you can't even make a point without insulting the other party completely ad hominem.

Just because you don't like League of Legends for being, "casual friendly" doesn't mean that what you're saying means anything. Do you know how simple Gladiator is to get in this game? Or even a decent arena rating? I will be better than you at any game we both play because you're a plebe, but that doesn't matter because you read somewhere that DotA2 is way harder even though you're garbage at every single game you have ever played. But let me guess, you don't care. You just cared enough to get access for the first time ever in 2013 and read this website, lol.

You're still playing a game and posting in a thread where the lead designer in an interview said flat out he doesn't care about PvP while bashing another game for being casual friendly.

TSM is making millions of dollars playing League - more than anyone in the history of e-sports. Why aren't your DotA 2 pros taking over League? It's so easy, right? Why not just come make a few million and go back to playing real games that aren't casual friendly? Oh, that's right: because they can't.

And stop saying, "dogshit" - what are you, EU? You're a carebear, a sheep, a follower: nobody. Your opinion means nothing because your accomplishments mean nothing. Please, get R1, win a LAN, be good at anything before you give me your opinion from your pedestal made of mediocrity.

#126 Rhetorical1

Rhetorical1
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Survival 2/2/2/2/1/0
  • 2v2: 1403
  • 3v3: 2131
  • 5v5: 1056

Posted 18 February 2013 - 02:16 AM

i didnt read any of that but im pretty sure LoL sucks :)

#127 andysc

andysc
  • Meepmop
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Destromath
  • Rampage

Posted 18 February 2013 - 02:29 AM

View PostRhetorical1, on 18 February 2013 - 02:16 AM, said:

i didnt read any of that but im pretty sure LoL sucks :)
There's no part of your brain that says, "all the people who say LoL sucks have the same arena ratings as me and have never been Gladiator.. while all the people who say it's fun have played this game, and others, professionally"

I am not even trying to insult you or convince you to play LoL. I was just adding my opinion to the discussion. It isn't like I get anything out of convincing anyone else to play the same game as me, all my friends play already... so what do I have to gain?

You're just the salty perma-duelist crowd coming in here, trying to bring everyone down to your level. I just wish you could start off all your posts with, "To preface, I've been Duelist 12 times so I know what I'm talking about" so I'd know to stop reading right there.

I'm going to edit this for you:

View PostRhetorical1, on 18 February 2013 - 02:16 AM, said:

I've been Duelist 12 times so I know what I'm talking about: I didnt read any of that but I'm pretty sure LoL sucks :)

#128 andysc

andysc
  • Meepmop
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Destromath
  • Rampage

Posted 18 February 2013 - 02:30 AM

and if it's too long for you to read then you should try again and just sound out the words this time

Edited by andysc, 18 February 2013 - 02:30 AM.

#129 Rhetorical1

Rhetorical1
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 18 February 2013 - 02:31 AM

ya ur crazy if u think im readin that lol

#130 andysc

andysc
  • Meepmop
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Destromath
  • Rampage

Posted 18 February 2013 - 02:45 AM

View PostRhetorical1, on 18 February 2013 - 02:31 AM, said:

ya ur crazy if u think im readin that lol
good luck and may your battle with literacy end in your favor

#131 Rhetorical1

Rhetorical1
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 18 February 2013 - 02:58 AM

shouldnt you be playing league of shitters or somethin

#132 angiejolie

angiejolie
  • Members

Posted 18 February 2013 - 03:04 AM

View Postandysc, on 18 February 2013 - 02:29 AM, said:

You're just the salty perma-duelist crowd coming in here, trying to bring everyone down to your level. I just wish you could start off all your posts with, "To preface, I've been Duelist 12 times so I know what I'm talking about" so I'd know to stop reading right there.

I'm going to edit this for you:

not everyone plays the same game for 6-8 years retard, although you seem to have done it, and you even said yourself that you're shit, even after all this time playing

just because the guys posting above aren't glads in wow doesn't mean that they dont know lol is shit.. except for the casual fags who actually play lol, nobody even cares for the game. lol gets viewers and attention because it IS noob friendly and lacks complexity.. the only positive argument one could make about lol is that it has become big and tournys have alot of viewers/high pricepools. but all of us here at aj have learned that the big games are the ones who attract the noobs, i.e. cata/mop, lol and runescape rofl

you're also trying way to hard on this forum with your posts.. sorry to say that you're just being pathetic now.. you had some really interesting posts a while ago but i have no idea what happened to you.. has khuna done something to offend you? maybe you could share your achievements in wow, considering you're bashing on players that won numerous offline tournaments and attended several lans. you seem very simple-minded and hung-up about this ID thing. if you actually were interested in it, you would know that xandyn AND hydra both said it was xandyn alone, khuna just got the pics sent to him

but you're just a tryhard retard anyways, inb4 you flame me for lack of titles
jk no chars bound to this acc

edit: check reeds reputation given section on his profile, one or two pages in he's repping all the posts of his old acc rofl what a loser

#133 hekumzx

hekumzx
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 863
  • 3v3: 2310

Posted 18 February 2013 - 04:11 PM

I didn't bother reading any of your bullshit, seems the audience, who most notably ignored it as well agrees.

"I don't know where to begin: grats on access comes to mind.

I'll leave out the fact that you've never played any games professionally, and aren't better than me at one single game.

I read your opening, laughed and typed this reply.  Don't forget to pay the your trailer park utilities bill this month.

Cheers

A comprehensive look at resto shaman, from the inside out - http://i.imgur.com/icr36xO.png

Posted Image

Official Blizzard Quote:

11/18/10
Balance isn't as easy as some seem to think and often balance is in the eye of the beholder.. We believe priests will be in good shape if not great..

#134 Regent

Regent
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/2/0/0/1
  • 2v2: 2273
  • 3v3: 2634
  • 5v5: 2359
  • RBG: 2126

Posted 18 February 2013 - 05:44 PM

View Postandysc, on 18 February 2013 - 02:15 AM, said:

I don't know where to begin: grats on access comes to mind.

I'll leave out the fact that you've never played any games professionally, and aren't better than me at one single game. Let's just ignore that. I'm going to put on a clinic:

Denying comes from this: In WC3 at the very, very start of it Orcs were insanely overpowered. Their cheap turret cost coupled with the fact that most of their early units had armor while the early units from other races often didn't made spamming structures to do static damage insanely overpowered. The power of structures in this game was actually problematic two times: once in beta, and again when Night Elfs could cheese with their buildings which had no supply tax.

Enter the siege unit. Siege units were insanely powerful as well at the start - you could amass an entire army of them and just kill your opponents base without fighting his units. This is where the term, "base race" was coined. To balance this, Blizzard gave them a targeted splash damage that would hit the ground and damage anyone inside the radius. So here we are: an accidental balancing act in the hero engine is now the major defining trait for an entire game? The ability to attack your own units was considered, "cheese" and, "exploitative" by the balancing team at Blizzard - many of these people now work on Blizzard AllStars and actively balance SC2( a game you used in an argument to support denying, how ironic ) - so your point that denying is an intentionally skillful mechanic has been laid to rest and there's nothing you can say to refute that. How does it make sense to kill your own units in any game? Even the Undead/Death Knight archetype barely does it.

Now for your salty affect: you're nobody. You can't even get basic Gladiator at World of Warcraft. Yes, 1900 Elo is mediocre at League of Legends but I'm 25 now, and being a pro gamer is a young man's game. I had my halcyon days as a professional in not one, but two games and I'm content to just play video games for fun at this juncture. But what about you? You've never played any video games successfully, so what difference is it to you? You should be playing games for fun the same as me.. but you're not. You might as well be running around saying we should all play 1.6, bunny-hopping around because that's real skill. 1.6 had its time, just like original DotA did. It's over now. DotA just doesn't have the readability or design.

And flourishing for ten years? Please. DotA2 literally begged me to play it. They aren't making nearly as much money as League and they won't ever be able to put on the same pro scene that Riot has going right now.

Fact: League has the most content updates, the biggest pro scene, it's the most played video game of all time. The balance isn't elitist and exclusive, unlike DotA2 and it's a team game, unlike SC2. You can't even argue correctly. You are completely ignorant as to the history of the denying mechanic, and you can't even make a point without insulting the other party completely ad hominem.

Just because you don't like League of Legends for being, "casual friendly" doesn't mean that what you're saying means anything. Do you know how simple Gladiator is to get in this game? Or even a decent arena rating? I will be better than you at any game we both play because you're a plebe, but that doesn't matter because you read somewhere that DotA2 is way harder even though you're garbage at every single game you have ever played. But let me guess, you don't care. You just cared enough to get access for the first time ever in 2013 and read this website, lol.

You're still playing a game and posting in a thread where the lead designer in an interview said flat out he doesn't care about PvP while bashing another game for being casual friendly.

TSM is making millions of dollars playing League - more than anyone in the history of e-sports. Why aren't your DotA 2 pros taking over League? It's so easy, right? Why not just come make a few million and go back to playing real games that aren't casual friendly? Oh, that's right: because they can't.

And stop saying, "dogshit" - what are you, EU? You're a carebear, a sheep, a follower: nobody. Your opinion means nothing because your accomplishments mean nothing. Please, get R1, win a LAN, be good at anything before you give me your opinion from your pedestal made of mediocrity.

Your points would have come across much better if you didn't insult him every other paragraph, just distracts the reader. You make many good points, but the reason LoL is more popular isn't because its better, its because its easier and therefor attracts a bigger audience and more money.

Dota is no doubt much harder to play, and therefor less fun to watch by the average person. The average person just wants to see fancy animations and killing sprees. They don't appreciate the subtleties of Dota which make it a more skillful game.

All that being said, I find myself playing LoL much more than Dota just because all my rl friends play it (they are casulols) and it is fun for the social aspect.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<