• Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Bleeding Hollow
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Frost 2/0/1/0/1/2
  • RBG: 2214

Posted 22 September 2012 - 07:16 AM

View PostDonald, on 22 September 2012 - 07:15 AM, said:

well, like i said, its probable that its going to "repopulate" once mists of pandaria hits. right now horde is almost a ghosttown. that most likely will change, but who knows.

#62 Stretchmarks

Stretchmarks

Posted 22 September 2012 - 07:30 AM

from what ive seen on sites its like 22% horde =\

#63 CreepStatus

CreepStatus
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Restoration 1/2/2/1/2/0
  • LocationGAINZville, the Gym

Posted 22 September 2012 - 03:43 PM

i'll be sure to xfer a toon or two horde if people come here, and i know quite a few people in my guild that would do the same
Please use an appropriate signature; thanks! www.arenajunkies.com/forum-9/announcement-3-forum-rules-2272014/
the best playlist ever-https://www.youtube....FVT_S-TjfEu-GC2
NEW: best playlist ever 2- http://www.youtube.c...feature=mh_lolz
twitch.tv/bornlol
youtube.com/bornlolwins

#64 Lacrymosa

Lacrymosa
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Restoration 2/0/2/1/0/.

Posted 22 September 2012 - 06:24 PM

View PostDonald, on 22 September 2012 - 04:21 AM, said:

anyone know of a lvl 25 pvp guild on manno that would take a bunch of soon to xfer glads and r1s?
The 3 85s that I still have on manno horde are in a lvl 25 guild called <Carbon>. But there are still a few other guilds floating around that are also level 25. I hope there is still someone holding on to the guild <Illuminati>, best name + USED to be the best guild on Manno horde iirc.

#65 Lacrymosa

Lacrymosa
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall

Posted 22 September 2012 - 06:27 PM

View PostCreepStatus, on 22 September 2012 - 03:43 PM, said:

i'll be sure to xfer a toon or two horde if people come here, and i know quite a few people in my guild that would do the same

^Also what he said.
Many of the top pvpers who are currently still residing on Mannoroth alliance are only there because of the bandwagon faction change that happened at the end of season 8 and then again in season 9. Most of those guys were originally horde and would probably love the opportunity to come back.

#66 Donald

Donald
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/0/2/2/1
  • RBG: 2511

Posted 22 September 2012 - 06:44 PM

OK well a big pull factor for making a server big is a good guild that takes PvPers. Illidan had blood legion, KT had NAO gaming, Tich has hey im mvp. Manno needs that.

Posted Image

#67 Lacrymosa

Lacrymosa
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall

Posted 22 September 2012 - 06:51 PM

Yea but KT was different in that, it was BECAUSE of all the transfers that <NAO> became the guild that it was. I'm not quite sure what it was before the big move to KT (perhaps a dara mactire merge?) but it most certainly wasn't an established and well ranked pve guild. As far as Mannoroth goes, there's only one reputable guild and it's an alliance guild called <Incite>. Now, that being said, there's no reason to believe that we can't do on Manno what pvpers can do pretty much anywhere they go, and that's to turn some random level 25 guild into the 'guild to be in' due to all the 'big names' currently calling themselves members. All it takes is a few people to make that happen. Same goes with the server transfer, once a few big names make the move, the followers will be more willing to do just that...follow.

Edit:
You're also naming servers that aren't currently on the options list (sans Illidan) as far as establishing an east coast hub goes.

Edited by Lacrymosa, 22 September 2012 - 06:52 PM.

#68 lysolabuser

lysolabuser
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/1/2/2/0/1
  • 2v2: 1626
  • 3v3: 288
  • LocationWeston, FL

Posted 22 September 2012 - 07:02 PM

Central server will get faster pings for many other people are just the same as east if you look at distance... Central might aswell be a eastern coast server, I have friends in missisipi/florida/georiga that get the same ping or better in a central than a eastern.

That being said, and thef act that illidan has no alliance population, and it has queues Mannaroth is the OBVIOUS choice.

#69 Donald

Donald
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/0/2/2/1
  • RBG: 2511

Posted 22 September 2012 - 07:13 PM

View PostLacrymosa, on 22 September 2012 - 06:51 PM, said:

Yea but KT was different in that, it was BECAUSE of all the transfers that <NAO> became the guild that it was. I'm not quite sure what it was before the big move to KT (perhaps a dara mactire merge?) but it most certainly wasn't an established and well ranked pve guild. As far as Mannoroth goes, there's only one reputable guild and it's an alliance guild called <Incite>. Now, that being said, there's no reason to believe that we can't do on Manno what pvpers can do pretty much anywhere they go, and that's to turn some random level 25 guild into the 'guild to be in' due to all the 'big names' currently calling themselves members. All it takes is a few people to make that happen. Same goes with the server transfer, once a few big names make the move, the followers will be more willing to do just that...follow.

Edit:
You're also naming servers that aren't currently on the options list (sans Illidan) as far as establishing an east coast hub goes.
I don't think we disagree on anything important. Point is - people will want to xfer to Manno horde more if they know that there is already a lvl 25 guild lined up there that will take us, a guild where everyone xferring will be.

View Postlysolabuser, on 22 September 2012 - 07:02 PM, said:

The facts that illidan has no alliance population and that it has log in Qs makes Mannaroth the OBVIOUS choice.
This.

Posted Image

#70 Swaggersx

Swaggersx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/2/2/1/0/1
  • 2v2: 1495
  • RBG: 192

Posted 22 September 2012 - 07:20 PM

Blizzard has always tried to put some emphasis on "world pvp" every expansion, and every expansion all they do is incorporate some pvp zone (i.e Wintergrasp, and Tol'Barad) and just say "hey go do this", with no incentive besides taking a zone to kill a boss for a chance of an extra piece of gear for the week. The reason Vanilla world pvp was so successful was because of the fact that there was a system to reward you for bg kills/world kills, once they switched gears to rewarding arena teams there was/is no incentive to world pvp besides for fun, which for most people is fun for a bit, but then they gradually lose interest.
That being said, I feel as if people are taking this Alliance/Horde ratio too seriously, and then when the game actually launches, they could potentially be disappointed based on how often world pvp does happen, and how active the communities are in participating. It will probably start off strong, but just based on how fast people get bored of the same "content" it will die down continually, patch after patch.
What should decide where people go, is the arena ques. Rampage is an active bg, and many if not all the glad teams are from Illidan, so  you would essentially just be increasing a large pvp community, which I can't see as a bad idea, and the more people, the more competition, the more chance people from bg9 bring alts over as well, and ultimately better and faster ques.

Edit: Also, in terms of the server ques. If you were around for the start of cata, every server with a good population had a que time. I was leveling on KT, during the first week of the expansion, and there were 1-2 hour login ques. This was after most people transferred off too and kt wasn't as full of many r1/tournament players. Also, this game has about 3 million less players. Many people have quit. I don't think any servers will have as long login ques (if any) as compared to the launch of prior expansions, Cataclysm included.

Edited by Swaggersx, 22 September 2012 - 07:31 PM.

#71 Evolute

Evolute
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/0/1/0/0
  • LocationCanada

Posted 22 September 2012 - 07:42 PM

there will be login queues, youre cray if you think otherwise

rampage is not an active bg, at least it was not in s11. 10-20 minute queues facing the same two teams. and that was during the first months, not late in the season. it was not the s9 haven it used to be, because everyone and their mom ditched it for other servers.

manno was horde dominated for wotlk, but during s8 people started to switch, and after a few months of s9 people (including myself) went alliance. from there, everyone just followed. expect that to be the opposite, EXCEPT for the fact that Alliance already has a player base there, so you wont run into the illidan problem where there are 5 people in stormwind (hell, theres still 100+ people in org on manno, it's not 'dead' by any means).

all that, and the world pvp is not bad (especially with crz), we just spent an hour plus last night fighting in hellfire (I got 60 hellfire marks gg). that, and ruin is always an active bg with usually the top three gladiator spots (behind bloodlust, and then either ruin in second or third).

ruin is unique in that it has a lot of 'hubs', arthas/manno/mag etc are all pretty decently populated, but manno has always had the most teams in the top 30 or what ever.

Edited by Evolute, 22 September 2012 - 07:47 PM.

Posted Image

#72 Banbann

Banbann
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Azgalor
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 0/1/1/1/0/0
  • RBG: 2296

Posted 22 September 2012 - 09:20 PM

Manno manno manno

edit: to add something that contributes, manno alliance has some top PvE guild that transferred here near the end of cata (reckoning) so the alliance ratio will stay solid if thats what people care about.

Edited by Banbann, 22 September 2012 - 09:24 PM.

#73 vilye

vilye
  • Junkies

Posted 22 September 2012 - 11:03 PM

mannorth has the tdot goons

#74 Evolute

Evolute
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/0/1/0/0
  • LocationCanada

Posted 22 September 2012 - 11:11 PM

View Postvilye, on 22 September 2012 - 11:03 PM, said:

mannorth has the tdot goons

does it exist horde side still

Posted Image

#75 vilye

vilye
  • Junkies

Posted 22 September 2012 - 11:29 PM

no but novoz has a nao gaming horde side

#76 Pmotion

Pmotion
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Mannoroth
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Assassination 1/2/0/0/1/2

Posted 23 September 2012 - 12:35 AM

Come to Butthead

Edited by Pmotion, 23 September 2012 - 01:11 AM.

#77 Lacrymosa

Lacrymosa
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall

Posted 23 September 2012 - 12:47 AM

View Postvilye, on 22 September 2012 - 11:29 PM, said:

no but novoz has a nao gaming horde side
Is it level 25?

#78 vilye

vilye
  • Junkies

Posted 23 September 2012 - 12:53 AM

its close

#79 Tosan

Tosan
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Marksmanship 1/0/1/2/1/0
  • RBG: 384

Posted 23 September 2012 - 12:55 AM

View Postxetia, on 23 September 2012 - 12:34 AM, said:

Me and my friends would probably be willing to go horde on mannoroth...

Also can we have this random lock named lacry stop posting? Let me talk about her for a second. She xferred to a backwater BG a week before the season ended so she could get 2300 rating and then have 3 of her r1 friends get the team to 2400 rating. I assume even with having rank one partners, she was not able to reach 2400 rating.

She was over 2400 until we got sniped by 3dps (no rdruid can heal a warrior through a half decent 3 dps, and it was actually a pretty good 3 dps not a random shit one).  She had work all day the next day and couldn't play, and I was headed to regionals for the rest of the season, so we played with Karv with our little remaining time while she worked.

We had like a 90% ratio to 2400 with her as druid kfc (lol rdruids s11) until the 3 dps cock blocked and then she had work.

Normally I wouldn't waste time responding to an obviously rabidly jealous 1 time glad priest but hey, I just drank a redbull and I'm in the mood!

The more you know.

p.s. not a single person cares where you're willing to transfer rofl

#80 shwayzee

shwayzee
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Discipline 2/0/1/1/1/0
  • RBG: 2331
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 23 September 2012 - 01:01 AM

All I see is an admittance of guilt.

Quick question, would you play with her if she weren't a girl? Would anyone?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<