clusky
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Darkmoon Faire
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Subtlety 2/0/2/1/0/.
  • RBG: 2473

Posted 17 September 2012 - 06:01 PM

Is there any plan to change the arena queuing system? Possibly into the way RBGs work, Region wide queues but battlegroup specific rewards.

Clustercluck said:

I'm sure your university doesn't appreciate you bloodlusting on their pianos

Kelarm said:

It's like trying to ride 3 horses with one ass.

#42 Vioz

Vioz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kargath
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Frost 0/1/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 2215

Posted 17 September 2012 - 06:04 PM

Not a very serious bracket, but fun none the less. I would like to see a stacking buff/debuff in 2s after X number of minutes. Healer DPS vs Healer DPS can easily have 45 min draws. I think that after say 10 minutes a 5% damage or 5% health reduction buff should go out. This can have a stack added every 5 minutes or so. This could hopefully resolve the pain of playing a ridiculously long game.

#43 Hackattack3

Hackattack3
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Destruction 1/2/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1609
  • 3v3: 1792
  • RBG: 2050

Posted 17 September 2012 - 06:07 PM

1.  Would you support rating decay?

2.  What is the reasoning for removing gladiator titles for 2s but leaving 5s?

3.  What are some of the processes you have put in place to insure faster response time with balancing issues in MoP?  No one wants to see 6 months of RLS and triple dps.

#44 Ayume

Ayume
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/2/2/0/0/1
  • RBG: 2316

Posted 17 September 2012 - 06:23 PM

Rather than a bunch of questions, here's a list of suggestions:

General
  • A form of spectating arena games.
  • Bring the old armory back where you could see which team played who at what time and what rating they gained. I thought that armory was absolutely fantastic and outside of possible data management issues I don’t understand why it was removed.
  • I am also in favor of Rating Decay, as it promotes fair game play and also promotes ladder activity.
  • Get WoW back on the MLG circuit! Big tournaments like these get more people into PvP and more people into the game.
  • Allow the gladiator title/rewards to be achieved through 2v2 arena bracket, but not rank 1 titles. I remember back in burning crusade, the biggest thing that brought all of my pve friends into arenas was doing 2v2 with friends, which then led them to wanting to improve and eventually into playing 3v3 and 5v5 arena. It is a great entry bracket and giving some kind of reward for it would stimulate arena activity in all brackets.

Rogue
  • All of rogues cooldowns need to be reduced back to what they were pre talent removal, Vanish/cloak/evasion/blind etc. Going to 3 minute cds again really destroys the fluidity of rogue gameplay.
  • One of the three talents on the level 60 tier needs to be baseline. Rogue damage should then be re-evaluated with the new change of mobility (this makes rogues easier to balance and more fun to play). I suggest shadowstep baseline, with smokebomb as a replacement to shadowstep, and a talent that passively reduces the cooldown of all rogue cooldowns by 45% as a replacement to burst of speed. This would also handle the problem I have listed above. To recap, that tier (lvl 60) would be Prep | New talent | Smokebomb.
  • Rogue Subtlety damage needs to be increased outside of dance by about 20% at level 90. Namely backstab. Also, a glyph allowing you to use it from the sides or increased range would be very helpful for the players with 120+ latency.
  • Also a glyph to allow shadowstep to root the target for 2 seconds (Is on diminishing returns with all other roots) would be a very nice change and would add some decision making to our glyph choices.

Edited by Ayume, 17 September 2012 - 06:24 PM.

www.twitch.tv/ayumus

#45 Fandemic

Fandemic
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Destruction 0/1/2/0/2/1
  • RBG: 1657

Posted 17 September 2012 - 06:39 PM

rating decay would be awesome. no more sitting and parkin on a spot for entire season.
and spectator mode will make things more attractive.

oh reduce arena time limit per game to 15mins or so

Edited by Fandemic, 17 September 2012 - 06:41 PM.

#46 hoodrych

hoodrych
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:

Posted 17 September 2012 - 06:39 PM

I'm sure every balance change or tweak made you get all the negative repercussions from whichever party feels left out, so I empathize that your job must be very difficult. I know that feel bro. Hire me.

Edited by hoodrych, 17 September 2012 - 06:43 PM.

#47 Fandemic

Fandemic
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • RBG: 1657

Posted 17 September 2012 - 06:47 PM

and i want my death coil back =(

#48 averagepriestz

averagepriestz
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Shattered Hand
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 17 September 2012 - 07:29 PM

View PostSaikx, on 17 September 2012 - 03:52 PM, said:

Any thoughts about a soloqueue system for 3v3 arenas(like in LoL, DotA, HoN)? You just queue up and get people in your MMR range, teams will always be healer/melee/range. You might lose because of retards in team but if you are good enough you will eventually move up in Rating.

xD

You tried solo queuing in HoN atleast?

No thank you. You have to play at a minimum of 1800+ to avoid raging over teammates.

#49 Saikx

Saikx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Arcane 0/0/0/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 2137
  • 3v3: 2624
  • RBG: 2184

Posted 17 September 2012 - 07:42 PM

View Postaveragepriestz, on 17 September 2012 - 07:29 PM, said:

You tried solo queuing in HoN atleast?

No thank you. You have to play at a minimum of 1800+ to avoid raging over teammates.

was actually 1,9k+, but yea voice chats makes hon by far the worst :P

Posted Image

Visit my stream: http://www.twitch.tv/saikx

#50 averagepriestz

averagepriestz
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Shattered Hand
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 17 September 2012 - 08:00 PM

View PostSaikx, on 17 September 2012 - 07:42 PM, said:

was actually 1,9k+, but yea voice chats makes hon by far the worst :P

HoN is terrible due to how the matchmaking system works. You can get queued up in +0 point games, with people 250 rating below you. That is why solo queuing is impossible at higher ratings.

#51 Mazdak

Mazdak
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Shattrath
  • Sturmangriff / Charge
  • Talents: Subtlety

Posted 17 September 2012 - 08:03 PM

Why don't you handle everything like you did with Colossus Smash? Instead of removing/crippling abilities that aren't even the main issues of a class, just go with the "Does X in PvE and Y in PvP".

And PLEASE make it so stuff like aura mastery & inner focus makes you immune to Death Grip. It's just antifun to play against a DK, now matter how good/bad he is.

#52 Zelyx

Zelyx
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Discipline 0/0/1/1/1/0

Posted 17 September 2012 - 08:04 PM

Question 1

We were all very surprised at the end of Season 11 from the amount of attention that was given to disqualify cheating teams, why the sudden attention to PvP? And can we expect this again in the next season and onwards? This has certainly improved (although not perfect) the fairness and quality of World of Warcraft PvP scene.

Question 2

Another major change in MoP that will affect PvP greatly is the cool down on dispels. Although we think that this was a good idea overall, as spamming dispels was never a good design, there should be some changes on the duration of roots or spammable CC's overall.

The simple dispel change by adding a cool down has made caster classes much more powerful, especially against melee classes. If you have ever watched a rogue trying to play against a mage, you will see how painful it is in their perspective. If you are adding cool downs on dispels, root durations should be reduced by half or so if we are to acheive some what of a balance between melee and casters. A mage can keep a rogue controlled almost the entire game.

And to add on top of all that, rogue's major cool downs have increased dramatically, further stomping their ability to play. Ask any rogue if they want to play in MoP, and they will tell you "No, I just want to play the game."

Question 3

We understand that balancing PvE and PvP abilities are very difficult, but a lot of abilities and glyphs have been tweaked so drastically in MoP. What is the main reason for changing many of our baseline abilities into talents or glyphs? Although some talents and abilities are given to us as baseline, some abilities feel awkward when glyphing for it.

For example, from a Discipline Priest perspective, there are many cool new abilities, but many of our abilities were removed and forced upon as Major Glyphs. Abilities such as Shadow Word: Death, Holy Nova, for exmaple, should really be baseline, or minor glyphs at most. Holy Nova isn't that big of a deal, but it is a good example of what I mean by bad glyph design. Such a minor spell that was always baseline is now a major glyph spell.

Shadow Word: Death glyph is also a problem for PvP priests, because most of us will be forced to use this glyph to have it work as it did before. That means we are permanently down 1 slot in major glyphs, yet we are already lacking in terms of healing efficiency, mobility, and mana. I'm assuming that the reasoning behind this glyph is to separate PvE and PvP users, and allow newer players to transition into the proper use of the spell by forcing it to be used at 20% or lower. However, this glyph should also be minor for it affects Priests negatively in PvP.

#53 Razorx

Razorx
  • Content Editors
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Fire 0/2/1/2/1/2
  • RBG: 2495

Posted 17 September 2012 - 08:05 PM

Please ask for the match history on armoury back!
www.athenelive.com/bludz

www.skill-capped.com/#1050

Blud 1 - 2900+ Multi Comp : http://www.warcraftm...w.php?id=196599

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Bludtv

[20:54:44] Alexis Jagger: they'll just laugh at me in lfr
[20:54:45] Alexis Jagger: i don't even know

#54 WildeHilde

WildeHilde
  • Content Editors
  • Curse Premium
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Combat 1/1/2/1/1/0
  • RBG: 2215
  • LocationSouthern Germany

Posted 17 September 2012 - 08:05 PM

Pretty good feedback. Thank you very much. We now have finalized the questions, late changes may happen however. Diziet, like boss as usual, helped me to get my grammatical things right. The questions are good and cover many of the things mentioned in the thread. In about 24 hours the interview will be made.

By the way: I see Khryl reading this thread. Hope to see more from you! Really enjoy watching my fellow Gnome play.

#55 saffie

saffie
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • RBG: 2112

Posted 17 September 2012 - 08:11 PM

Ask them if they are planning to get people who have achieved high ratings and titles in pvp to actually balance the pvp instead of people who have most likely never played above tier 2 rating. The rest of the problems will all be solved slowly once pvp is handled by people who have an idea about high rated pvp and read arenajunkies.

#56 Ctuhlu

Ctuhlu
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 17 September 2012 - 08:14 PM

View PostDoomsenlol, on 17 September 2012 - 02:54 PM, said:

Best way to avoid teams from camping rating all season. Completely agreeing

Unfortunately rating decay would also be the best way to make the ladders inactive for all but the last two weeks of the season.

Fourreur said:

we have to switch to them making the decision to pop reck or not to pop reck

• Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/2/2/0
  • RBG: 384

Posted 17 September 2012 - 08:14 PM

View PostWildeHilde, on 17 September 2012 - 08:05 PM, said:

Pretty good feedback. Thank you very much. We now have finalized the questions, late changes may happen however. Diziet, like boss as usual, helped me to get my grammatical things right. The questions are good and cover many of the things mentioned in the thread. In about 24 hours the interview will be made.

By the way: I see Khryl reading this thread. Hope to see more from you! Really enjoy watching my fellow Gnome play.

Any chance you could show us the list of questions?

#58 flannelsoff

flannelsoff
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Frost 2/0/1/0/1/0
  • RBG: 2818

Posted 17 September 2012 - 08:22 PM

Remember hungering cold in s9? All these stupid things like blood fear, pom poly for any mage, and psyfiend ( probably others) are the same as that spell. Unavoidable.

#59 Deeklol

Deeklol
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Area 52
  • Retaliation
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 17 September 2012 - 08:38 PM

i just want him to rep me
Hey, add me on LoL :)

IGN: Keklyz

#60 yusehz

yusehz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: ./././././.
  • RBG: 2465
  • Locationchina

Posted 17 September 2012 - 08:56 PM

View PostSaikx, on 17 September 2012 - 03:52 PM, said:

Any thoughts about a soloqueue system for 3v3 arenas(like in LoL, DotA, HoN)? You just queue up and get people in your MMR range, teams will always be healer/melee/range. You might lose because of retards in team but if you are good enough you will eventually move up in Rating.

xD

as stressful as it is gaining elo in league, I kinda like this idea for wow.
Posted Image
www.twitch.tv/yusehz
www.youtube.com/user/yusehz/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<