#21 The Horfst

The Horfst
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-The Maelstrom
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Protection 2/0/1/1/2/.

Posted 17 September 2012 - 04:02 PM

- Add/Change the rewards for people achieving Gladiator or R1, they need to stand out of a crowd more. The cataclysm glad drakes look lame and our mounts aren't very unique anymore. Bring back 310% flying speed for gladiators only or something like that.

-Rating decay in teams

-Faster queues for Arena and RBG's

-Bring back skirmishes so we can train and try out different comps and specs without having to find extra partners

-Keep DQ'ing wintrading teams like they finally did now in S11

-Add a spectactor mode for all your fanboys!

Edited by The Horfst, 17 September 2012 - 04:12 PM.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#22 crazieh

crazieh
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/0/1/2/1
  • 2v2: 2038
  • 3v3: 2593
  • RBG: 2173

Posted 17 September 2012 - 04:03 PM

Are Blizzard happy with the way the ladder works? At the moment it really pays to sit on a certain rating while the others farm eachother down to the point where noone really has enough MMR to get to the rating they want. The ladder system punishes people who want to play on their main characters / high rated teams, as there's a lot to lose and little to gain.

Edit: YES bring back skirmish please!

Edited by crazieh, 17 September 2012 - 04:05 PM.

#23 Bonjourhihi

Bonjourhihi
  • Wèntworth
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Blackrock
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Affliction 0/2/2/0/2/0
  • RBG: 583

Posted 17 September 2012 - 04:04 PM

BRING BACK SKIRMISH PLEASE

Edited by Bonjourhihi, 17 September 2012 - 04:04 PM.

#24 rob-hype

rob-hype
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Feral 2/2/2/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1712
  • 3v3: 2476
  • 5v5: 1934
  • RBG: 2119
  • LocationToronto, Ontario

Posted 17 September 2012 - 04:07 PM

What id like to see added/changed.
- New Rewards for high level pvp (somthing that makes higher level pvpers stand out more among the crowd)
-Rating Decay
-Skirmishes - (or solo que system similar to that of what Sai was discussing)
-Spectator mode for in-game wow arena, so people can watch you play through the client and not through a secondary source which lags bad internet connections.
-Possibly the option of having a secondary rating system (similar to duo talent system) for 3v3/5v5, so you can teamhop to play with IRL or lower mmr friends without being penalized as to titles.
-Balance Tremor totem vs the Disc priest

Edited by rob-hype, 17 September 2012 - 04:08 PM.

Http://lmgtfy.com/?q...ral+Tichondrius

Feral Always :)

That awkward moment when you're reading this comment, and can't stop reading because you are so intrigued by it, that you keep reading, and then you realize it says nothing important - AJ Signatures

#25 Pandalol

Pandalol
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Balance 0/0/2/1/2/2
  • RBG: 2357

Posted 17 September 2012 - 04:08 PM

Create one unified battlegroup just like rbgs since participation is down the toilet since BC anyway. Would be nice to play more than 2 teams per session.

#26 GrieverZ

GrieverZ
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Marksmanship 2/0/1/2/1/1
  • RBG: 1910

Posted 17 September 2012 - 04:13 PM

Do they plan to rework the current Arena/MMR system as it currently have many flaws and is highly exploitable.

Do they plan to look at Markmanship Hunters to make sure the spec is competitive with BM/SV, as it is now it basically lost all the utility it had over the 2 other specs with no compensation.

Edit : oh and yeah, wtb Skirmishes back.

Edited by GrieverZ, 17 September 2012 - 04:15 PM.

#27 Flöt

Flöt
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Frostmane
  • Misery
  • Talents:

Posted 17 September 2012 - 04:31 PM

Do you think that the fear spam mechanic of Psyfiend is a good design?
Would you support the idea of rating decay on the arena ladders?

#28 yardwork

yardwork
  • Members
  • Locationpark city

Posted 17 September 2012 - 04:37 PM

Suggestions/Questions I Have:
- As stated numerous times above (post), will skims ever be re-implemented into game?
- Bring back more "incentives" for arena play, for example (name of season) Gladiator's Tabard?
   - I think a lot of people would play simply for another reward they would be able to get (like in Wrath).
- How bad would the idea of creating a more unique arena reward mount offend the PvE content dudes?
- How does one go from slayer of azeroth to a slayer of "vag"?

#29 angelownzz

angelownzz
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/0/1/2/2
  • 2v2: 1526
  • 3v3: 2324

Posted 17 September 2012 - 04:39 PM

I have not played beta so i won't comment on the games current state@85.

But we do need team decay as mentioned before.

Another great idea by Kettux would be to implement cash prizes.
It'll greatly increase revenue for Blizzard and also increase competition.

Skirmishes was amazing, don't know why those were taken out.

I think the entire community would appreciate if Blizzard was more responsive to our problems.
Ex: Having a class be overpowered for an entire season/expansion without fixing/changing.

PvE is out that was an awesome change.

I'm sure that most of you agree (blizzard and community) that in order for wow to be competitive with other mmos/multiplayer/teamgames PvP is the way to go. I hate to be say it but PvE isn't popularizing the game as much as PvP does and I'm glad you are putting more effort into making PvP balanced.

Make it so that you can't que into the same team more then 3 times consecutively.

Fix shaman totems.

Make Psyfiend less OP( maybe cast 1 fear? instead of 3)

Make feed teams lose more points. Teams that join with 1 person and leave before the game starts should lose 45 points so that the feeding stops.

There are countless more but im sure they will be brought up.

Edited by angelownzz, 17 September 2012 - 04:41 PM.

#30 Canadianpimp_613638

Canadianpimp_613638
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Discipline 2/2/1/1/1/0
  • RBG: 1822

Posted 17 September 2012 - 04:45 PM

Arena has been the one part of the game which has barely changed since it was released over five years ago. No doubt its age, lack of incentive for newcomers, and redundant rewards have been major factors for its decline in popularity. The gear rewards and progression are the same season to season down to the stat allocation, bumped up by X item levels. Titles have remained exactly the same since the incarnation of arena and mounts are only reserved for less than 0.5% of the player base (people quitting, carries, people getting glad on multiple chars), and any gear disparity only happens at a high rating.

As I'm sure you know - MMO players want something that distinguishes themselves from the rest and goals to work towards. I know a lot of players who would just get their full set of gear, and then quit because they have nothing else to play for the rest of the season because they're not able to compete for elite gear or a gladiator title/mount. It was a good choice to move away from gear disparity for balance sake, but wouldn't simple vanity rewards and goals be good for the currently stale system? Pets, bonus titles (e.g. Flawless Victor), transmog gear, special mounts, achievements...these are things that would revitalize a lot of interest in the 90%+ of arena players that don't compete for top rewards.

#31 Vengeance

Vengeance
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Subtlety 0/2/2/0/0/.

Posted 17 September 2012 - 04:48 PM

Would you be averse to changing the severe punishment for a single loss in arena?
Example:
Team A is 2500 MMR and loses to Team B which is 1900 MMR.
Team A loses 100 MMR and 24 rating.

Because of this system, losses are much more punishable than needed.
A single disconnect could ruin hours/days of work in the current queue system.

Perhaps make it so consecutive losses eventually leads up to what is the current more punishable rating/MMR loss.
Using the same example as above:
Loss 1: -10 MMR and 10 rating.
Loss 2: - 25 MMR and 15 rating.
Loss 3: - 55 MMR and 24 rating

Again these are just arbitrary numbers to show the point.

If the team really shouldn't be at 2500 MMR, they will eventually get down to the MMR they should be playing at, regardless of if they lose all their MMR in 3 games, or 10, especially if rating decay is implemented.

Edited by Vengeance, 17 September 2012 - 04:49 PM.

#32 Top

• Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:

Posted 17 September 2012 - 04:49 PM

Issues in order of importance:

- Prevent rating camping -> Rating Decay:  Maybe set a baseline decay floor (2200?)
- Faster queue times -> Cross BG queues
- Prevent Boosting/Carrying.
- Fix obvious class imbalances for arena -> Hybrid healing, burst damage from certain specs/spells, ridiculous abilities like Blood Fear.
- Ensure PvP power keeps PvE gear out of arenas.

Edited by Top, 17 September 2012 - 04:50 PM.

#33 Jaxington

Jaxington
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/2/2/0/0/0

Posted 17 September 2012 - 04:56 PM

Q: The rogue class with the introduction of Mists of Pandaria and the new talent system were left with 3minute cooldown Vanish, Blind, and Evasion was this intended? Rogue feels less fun as you have no real usable abilities anymore. You get to use a ability that is good and fun but then have to wait 3 minutes to use it again and it takes the entire enjoyment out of using it.

Example: In arena I open and use my Blind to force the healer to trinket then 2minutes into the game he will have trinket back up and I wont have blind yet.  This is really strange and clunky to me as I am forced to change my gameplay based off having to wait 60 seconds to get back even in the fight.

Similarly Vanish on a 3 minute cooldown is an unparalleled disappointment in the history of WoW for me and I have been playing this game since Vanilla and it has always been one of my favorite abilities.  Druids can talent into a 30 second cooldown Vanish that also blinks them forward as any spec while rogues are stuck to choose between
  • one 3 minute vanish
  • two 3 minute vanishes and no mobility at all outside of them

Rogues cooldowns are very weird at the moment with the current talent system and they need something like the talent in Cata/Wotlk/Tbc that reduced the cooldown on our most major abilities like Vanish and Blind. I hope my opinion gets read and my feedback is helpful to some developer working on game balance. Thanks for reading mates.
Posted Image

#34 Jaxington

Jaxington
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn

Posted 17 September 2012 - 05:06 PM

View PostDU5KNOIR, on 17 September 2012 - 04:56 PM, said:

i love how short-sighted and stupid this community is in situations like this. there are deep-seated problems with this game that have existed since 2004 and been unanswered and you ask about hybrid healing and frost bomb, which have existed for 2 weeks, been hotfixed already and will be fixed as necessary. i can't even be mad at the developers for giving non-answers anymore, you guys are giving non-questions.

anyway:
  • what's being done in mists to ensure pvpers aren't second-class citizens like they were in past expansions? would you say that pvp is inherently secondary to pve in this game?
  • why are suggestions like removing ring of valor ignored after 4 years? this makes you appear so stubborn that you're willing to let your game rot instead of admitting you're wrong.
  • why do you continue homogenizing when it's evidenced that it doesn't increase balance and only decreases fun? what kind of process is used when making very large changes to a class's identity in the name of balance? as an example (because this is also the case with other classes) shadow is an entirely different class than it was when i started, and i can't be expected to enjoy that. compare with replacing everybody's warlock with a mage. it can't be argued that this is for the greater good, because balance is still awful.

How do you deal with all the negativity?

Gin.

Edited by Jaxington, 17 September 2012 - 05:07 PM.

Posted Image

#35 Donald

Donald
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/0/2/2/1
  • RBG: 2511

Posted 17 September 2012 - 05:12 PM

Will they improve the way ladders, battlegroups, and team charters work to make them more like RBGs (one big ladder/battlegroup, cross realm real id team charters)?

Posted Image

#36 Jaxington

Jaxington
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn

Posted 17 September 2012 - 05:19 PM

View PostDU5KNOIR, on 17 September 2012 - 05:10 PM, said:

so maybe if we're a little more negative we can get a new developer, right?

haha maybe! I just thought that quote was hilarious :P

Along with these ones

I know you have a personal vendetta against warriors but please dont nerf them... Nerf something op like a mage

I find that arbitrarily nerfing classes I personally don't like is good for the longevity of the game. I actually don't. It's just easier for the internet to explain things they don't like that way. I know I sound like an ass, but don't you think I'd lose my job if I designed solely for my own classes? It's not logical.

Just out of curiosity, what classes you personally don't like?

If history is any indication, whichever one you are playing.

Posted Image

#37 Jaxington

Jaxington
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn

Posted 17 September 2012 - 05:23 PM

View PostDonald, on 17 September 2012 - 05:12 PM, said:

Will they improve the way ladders, battlegroups, and team charters work to make them more like RBGs (one big ladder/battlegroup, cross realm real id team charters)?

I like the idea of cross realm real id team charters but one large ladder / battlegroup would result in less rank 1 titles overall and less competition in my opinion.  There may be more competition for that single rank 1 but i feel like there is more spread out competition with more titles and more battle groups
Posted Image

#38 Pandalol

Pandalol
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Balance 0/0/2/1/2/2
  • RBG: 2357

Posted 17 September 2012 - 05:41 PM

View PostJaxington, on 17 September 2012 - 05:23 PM, said:

I like the idea of cross realm real id team charters but one large ladder / battlegroup would result in less rank 1 titles overall and less competition in my opinion.  There may be more competition for that single rank 1 but i feel like there is more spread out competition with more titles and more battle groups

If they make it exactly like RBG's like Don mentioned, your battlegroup would still determine Rank 1 and glad cutoffs and such. Just you would always get queues across BG's that are close to your rating. Its win win.

#39 Jaxington

Jaxington
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn

Posted 17 September 2012 - 05:45 PM

View PostPandalol, on 17 September 2012 - 05:41 PM, said:

If they make it exactly like RBG's like Don mentioned, your battlegroup would still determine Rank 1 and glad cutoffs and such. Just you would always get queues across BG's that are close to your rating. Its win win.

If somehow they managed to maintain the current amount of rank 1 spots and let you Q extremely cross-BG (west->east | east->west) I could see this being a great thing but I still don't know how fun it would be queuing into a west coast team on a east coast BG expecting to have 30ms and it average to 70-100 mid match randomly. I doubt they could accomplish this fairly.
Posted Image

• Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/2/2/0
  • RBG: 384

Posted 17 September 2012 - 05:51 PM

Why do all attempts to balance arena cease in the final seasons of every expansion?

Are you happy with the amount of instant and entirely unavoidable cc in the game?

Edited by Radejjj, 17 September 2012 - 05:53 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<