• RBG: 960
  • LocationKuwait

Posted 19 September 2012 - 12:38 PM

Posted Image

#162 Cevify

Cevify

Posted 19 September 2012 - 01:05 PM

View PostHendie, on 19 September 2012 - 11:33 AM, said:

Right because saying nothing at all is better?

Isn't it better to keep people informed, you know something which blizzard usually lack and people cry about and now your crying about being informed because you have to wait a little to read the article?

There's a difference between being informed and being notified.

Information would have been "and I feel a bit tired, and there's a bit of work to be done to transcribe it. I can estimate it'll be available tomorrow"

notifications is exactly what blizzard does, ex. "yeah we're looking closely at the numbers and judging what to do next"

#163 Vengeance

Vengeance
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Subtlety 0/2/2/0/0/.

Posted 19 September 2012 - 03:27 PM

Not trying to be a dick, but the whole way this has happened seems a bit.. under-planned?

ArenaJunkies has a chance to interview WoW's lead systems developer, Ghostcrawler.  The community isn't really included, we're told about the interview's existence a day before it happens and are told to post some questions we might have, but a list of questions has already been predetermined and we are told that there are no guarantees that any questions will be added.

Now, how could it be a bad thing for us to have been given more notice about the interview, leading to more questions being thought of by the community as a whole, instead of an individual(or group of them) deciding the questions?

I really feel like this had a lot of potential, but that the whole situation was handled pretty poorly.

Just my two cents.

#164 Nisslol

Nisslol
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Silvermoon
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/2/0/2/1
  • 2v2: 2002
  • 3v3: 2636
  • RBG: 384
  • LocationSheffield, UK

Posted 19 September 2012 - 03:45 PM

View PostVengeance, on 19 September 2012 - 03:27 PM, said:

Not trying to be a dick, but the whole way this has happened seems a bit.. under-planned?

ArenaJunkies has a chance to interview WoW's lead systems developer, Ghostcrawler.  The community isn't really included, we're told about the interview's existence a day before it happens and are told to post some questions we might have, but a list of questions has already been predetermined and we are told that there are no guarantees that any questions will be added.

Now, how could it be a bad thing for us to have been given more notice about the interview, leading to more questions being thought of by the community as a whole, instead of an individual(or group of them) deciding the questions?

I really feel like this had a lot of potential, but that the whole situation was handled pretty poorly.

Just my two cents.

Can't help to agree but the least you can do is wait and see the interview I suppose.

Popped a molly, I'm sweating.

View PostRizzo, on 07 April 2011 - 04:00 AM, said:

World of Cantcastunlessitsinstantcraft:  CCataclysm

View PostAyrasaurus, on 18 May 2013 - 04:23 PM, said:

im an idiot

#165 Saikx

Saikx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Arcane 0/0/0/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 2137
  • 3v3: 2624
  • RBG: 2184

Posted 19 September 2012 - 04:51 PM

Just my two cents.

+1

Also.. POST THE FKING INTERVIEW ALREADY

Edited by Saikx, 19 September 2012 - 04:51 PM.

Posted Image

Visit my stream: http://www.twitch.tv/saikx

#166 Donald

Donald
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/0/2/2/1
  • RBG: 2511

Posted 19 September 2012 - 05:02 PM

fuckkk should have asked why blizz was too lazy to update spectator client (meaning mlg dropped wow)

Posted Image

• Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 2269

Posted 19 September 2012 - 05:50 PM

Just my two cents.

Sadly, In your post you make no effort to show any sort of appreciation to not only arenajunkies , but no appreciation to the guy who is actually putting in the effort to get the interview. If you make your own arenajunkies.com, you too can do whatever you want. Until then be thankful for what you get.

#168 Top

• Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:

Posted 19 September 2012 - 05:50 PM

Even though this is late, just wanted to post some additional info on rating decay.

//Begin history lesson

Before MMR was introduced, the crap about camping rating, especially for rank 1 kind of took care of itself.

The first week, generally the top teams were in the 1800-2000 range depending on your BG.  It got up to around the 2400 area for rank 1 teams for most of the season and ended about 2500-2700 (GENERALLY) depending on bracket and BG at the end of the season for rank 1.

You couldn't reasonably camp until the last month and even then there was usually a TON of movement on page 1 the last few weeks of the season.

The way the original system worked, as the season went on, the ratings naturally inflated as there were higher rated teams to gain points from so you kind of had to play at the end if you wanted rank 1.  I remember the fights at that point in time for rank 1 on BG9 and BG7 (the two I played) were a very exciting time to play, with usually more than just 2 teams in contention.

MMR was put into the game because people whined about a number of various aspects.  One being about losing 26-28 points if you lost to a low rated team (smurf teams possibly).  The other...also about smurf teams when they are low rated crushing the people who are legitimately at those ratings.

Surprise surprise, mmr didn't fix the latter of those two issues, and also introduced rating camping.

//END History lesson

WHAT DOES ALL THAT MEAN FOR RATING DECAY?

In the original system, even though you didn't have a good chance of getting the rank 1 title by playing anything but the last week of the season, PEOPLE STILL PLAYED.

You still need to get your weekly points.  Even if you're a lame ass who doesn't play arena for the competition/fun, you'd still "Get your 10 games in" at minimum each week.  This was partially due to arena points being more valuable back then (as you can do RBGs with an insanely high cap now and avoid arenas).
It will cure rating camping, and it shouldn't have much effect on arena activity if history is any indicator.

tldr thx

#169 Saikx

Saikx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Arcane 0/0/0/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 2137
  • 3v3: 2624
  • RBG: 2184

Posted 19 September 2012 - 05:59 PM

^ coudnt agree more, BC had best system without this MMR bullshit

Posted Image

Visit my stream: http://www.twitch.tv/saikx

#170 averagepriestz

averagepriestz
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Shattered Hand
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 19 September 2012 - 06:53 PM

View PostSerben, on 19 September 2012 - 12:34 PM, said:

one question that is so stupid that its insane, i mean its so common sense that a 3 year old would figure it out. I know its stupid i even write it beacuse there is no way in the world why u wouldnt have it but here it goes:

team rating decay, why are u so retarded u havent introduced this? is it that your bold head is trying so hard to grow hair that u forgot how to use your fuckin brain? yes im pissed cuz u destroy this game and yes im pissed cuz u think u are something.

Because how would you otherwise obtain Gladiator Serben :-( I recall Shawir doing more damage than you, with blue honor gear.

#171 WildeHilde

WildeHilde
  • Content Editors
  • Curse Premium
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Combat 1/1/2/1/1/0
  • RBG: 2215
  • LocationSouthern Germany

Posted 19 September 2012 - 07:17 PM

I think you will see that when the interview is published within the next 15 minutes that it has a lot less PR stuff in it than any of other developer interviews made recently. It's not perfect, we did not get everything answered or could even ask everything we wanted, but it's pretty solid work. Especially considering that this is the first developer interview about high rated PvP I remember. Some will hate, some will fanboy (I am still the best Khuna & Khryl fanboy), some will not care. I personally am content with the result.

#172 flannelsoff

flannelsoff
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Frost 2/0/1/0/1/0
  • RBG: 2818

Posted 19 September 2012 - 07:20 PM

if it somehow ends up talking about pet battles..

#173 subsidal

subsidal
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Combat 2/1/1/1/0/1
  • RBG: 2414

Posted 19 September 2012 - 07:36 PM

lets see it

#174 WildeHilde

WildeHilde
  • Content Editors
  • Curse Premium
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Combat 1/1/2/1/1/0
  • RBG: 2215
  • LocationSouthern Germany

Posted 19 September 2012 - 07:41 PM

It's live

#175 Libyanator

Libyanator
  • Barasi
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Retribution 2/0/0/2/2/0
  • RBG: 2401

Posted 19 September 2012 - 07:58 PM

Not even a single pet battle question, are you fucking kidding me?

good interview, nice job.
[3:54:02 AM] Obelodalix: When it's full on flop
[3:54:06 AM] Obelodalix: Mine just gets lost
[3:54:09 AM] Obelodalix: in a sea of balls
[3:54:11 AM] Obelodalix: cuz I'm danny hart

#176 Railander

Railander
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Azralon
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Demonology 1/2/0/1/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 1490
  • 3v3: 1516
  • 5v5: 1916
  • RBG: 1833

Posted 19 September 2012 - 08:38 PM

View PostTop, on 19 September 2012 - 05:50 PM, said:

Before MMR was introduced, the crap about camping rating, especially for rank 1 kind of took care of itself.

The first week, generally the top teams were in the 1800-2000 range depending on your BG.  It got up to around the 2400 area for rank 1 teams for most of the season and ended about 2500-2700 (GENERALLY) depending on bracket and BG at the end of the season for rank 1.

You couldn't reasonably camp until the last month and even then there was usually a TON of movement on page 1 the last few weeks of the season.

The way the original system worked, as the season went on, the ratings naturally inflated as there were higher rated teams to gain points from so you kind of had to play at the end if you wanted rank 1.  I remember the fights at that point in time for rank 1 on BG9 and BG7 (the two I played) were a very exciting time to play, with usually more than just 2 teams in contention.
not doubting you or anything, but i dont see how not having MMR would allow for rating inflation. I mean, wouldnt it be the opposite? so maybe it was something else that accounted for the inflation.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<