• Curse Sites
Help

VOTE FOR EASTERN HUB, this hub will be separate from Tich, and for the players that don't want to go West.

Vote for eastern hub

• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

Poll: Plan B (eastern hub) (105 member(s) have cast votes)

This if for people that will not be going Tich, what would you rather do for the plan B hub?

1. Central Horde (68 votes [54.84%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 54.84%

2. Central Alliance (13 votes [10.48%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.48%

3. KT Horde (21 votes [16.94%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 16.94%

4. KT Alliance (22 votes [17.74%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 17.74%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Venoma

Venoma
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Destruction 0/2/2/2/2/1
  • RBG: 2218

Posted 17 September 2012 - 01:15 PM

kt ally and not spend any $$$!!

#22 Pawpinbawtlez

Pawpinbawtlez
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Barthilas
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration 1/0/2/1/2/.

Posted 17 September 2012 - 01:19 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image

#23 Icekingx

Icekingx
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Area 52
  • Retaliation
  • Talents: Frost 1/1/0/2/0/2
  • RBG: 2351

Posted 17 September 2012 - 01:22 PM

Just do what makes you happy? Who gives a fuck where everyone else is going if you wanna go there and play with everyone else more power to you if you wanna not be 1 of those people then don't?

Rawrbertlol, on 14 June 2013 - 08:41 AM, said:

Best signatures on entire website.
Posted Image

#24 Koshimo

Koshimo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/2/2/0
  • 2v2: 1805
  • 3v3: 2099
  • RBG: 1706

Posted 17 September 2012 - 01:54 PM

giving up and going to tich seems like the best best right now.

#25 Vexo

Vexo
  • Moderators
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Combat 2/2/2/0/0/2

Posted 17 September 2012 - 03:53 PM

You may disagree with don but stop bashing him for being an American or there will be consequences.

#26 2infinitysv

2infinitysv
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Assassination 2/2/2/1/2/.

Posted 17 September 2012 - 03:58 PM

And Don takes another L. 3-0 Snutz.

#27 Bonjourhihi

Bonjourhihi
  • Wèntworth
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Blackrock
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Affliction 0/2/2/0/2/0
  • RBG: 583

Posted 17 September 2012 - 04:07 PM

hey xd

#28 GrieverZ

GrieverZ
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Thaurissan
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Marksmanship 2/0/2/0/1/0
  • 2v2: 1698
  • 3v3: 2495
  • 5v5: 1335
  • RBG: 192

Posted 17 September 2012 - 04:08 PM

Who cares since everyone will xfer off during the last month when they realise they can't get glad there :|.

Play with friends imo.

Edited by GrieverZ, 17 September 2012 - 04:10 PM.

#29 Nobadz

Nobadz
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Frostmourne
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration 1/1/1/1/0/.

Posted 17 September 2012 - 04:10 PM

View PostVexo, on 17 September 2012 - 03:53 PM, said:

You may disagree with don but stop bashing him for being an American or there will be consequences.

Every post he's made regarding west coast/east coast/central has ignored the fact that BG9 has a LARGE population of players from Australia and New Zealand.

#30 Jaxington

Jaxington
  • Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/2/2/0/0/0

Posted 17 September 2012 - 04:30 PM

View Post2infinitysv, on 17 September 2012 - 03:58 PM, said:

And Don takes another L. 3-0 Snutz.

As usual eh?
Posted Image

#31 Donald

Donald
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/0/2/2/1
  • RBG: 2511

Posted 17 September 2012 - 04:52 PM

View PostJaxington, on 17 September 2012 - 06:42 AM, said:

Ok the reason west coast people wont consider going to central and some east wont consider going central is because no matter what happens a player on a far coast (like California) gets over a 100 ping due to long distance from the datacenter or a bad connection - whatever. Most of the time melee do not like playing on over 100 ping (I wouldn't).

West coast players think central = Chicago data center and they think they will lag according to some people.

Illidan is hosted in Chicago and highly benefits east coast in terms of ping.

Theres no way to win this. West plays west - East plays east.
There is a difference between a fair option for everyone and the fairest option we have. A BG with 100% of top players Qing on it would be worth it, and a central BG is the way to do that. Chicago is obviously more western than NYC, and west coast players were playing on KT all the time. But that doesn't matter anymore, the ideal has passed and now we have to pick the next best thing which is a eastern hub.

View PostInfekt, on 17 September 2012 - 07:24 AM, said:

Tich Horde is clearly still the best choice. Playing with Australians will provide queues late at night, while west coast players still won't have to play on servers located closer to the east coast.

Everyone is already coming to Tich Horde. Just make it the hub, get lowerping or something if your ping is somehow that awful.
The best choice was a central DC, but that is screwed now. So now, players have to pick between Tich and KT, since there will be alot of good players on both. I personally am just going to try to play on both with two toons.

View PostFandemic, on 17 September 2012 - 07:30 AM, said:

any other choice besides central? you're such a communist =(
Plan A: EVERYONE on a central BG (didn't work this season). Your choice is now Plan B: pick between KT and Tich.

View PostJürgen, on 17 September 2012 - 07:41 AM, said:

If they are all going Tich, why not get in the same battle group at least. Yeah the community is going to be split yet again, but at least there will be some competition between top teams this season.

Just a thought. I am still waiting to see what plays out here.
I am getting in the same battlegroup, but it's obvious that not all east coast/central players will go there so now we have a divide again.

View PostHyuru, on 17 September 2012 - 07:43 AM, said:

Didnt Tich win the poll anyways? So why are you complaining, the fact is that west is just as "central" as central servers if you include australian players.
No, it didn't. The poll was bad anyway. Before team forge already picked Tich, the poll needed to say: which central server should we all play on. Since they already screwed that up, the poll now needs to be: where should the 2nd hub be?

View Postrob-hype, on 17 September 2012 - 07:48 AM, said:

I understand your issue with them not letting the community as a whole decide on the server or battlegroup of chosing, however it does seem to be a trend to make Bg-9 the main bg.
I went over why history doesn't matter, and why the hub doesn't need to be BG9 anymore (MLG and sponsors would only notice you if you did well on Blackrock).

Personally I find that west coast pleases the majority of players overall as a whole and gives the best MS on average for eastern/central/west and australians to play all under 1 bg this gives ques the ability to go around the clock.
The only good rebuttal I have heard is this thing about aussies, but they are only relevent if they outweigh the amount of US players that will not go west. For example, I can name two east coast people off of the top of my head that won't go west to one aussie that would probly only go Tich. Ecliptium Mackenzi to Mes. It doesn't matter now. Now we just have to decide where the 2nd hub will be.

(I play on tich, so I do show bias but I also am from east coast) -  I find that the only thing that MS hurts me with is Meld timing, lag in elwynn and being able to kick mass dispels (unless pre-kicked), it does affect gameplay slightly, but overall it is what is required if you are to want a hub which is deemed "central" and actually is central to the pvp playerbase (this includes Australians and the like).
Yes, I know that the ping can be minimal for some east people. It doesn't matter now.

-Imo leave KT as alliance and go to Emerald Dream/Illy for Horde if MS is a big issue, if you are to create a Plan-B ofc but in reality why do that to yourself and the community as a whole.
We are not going to have a plan B central server and a plan C eastern one, that would be retarded. We will just combine on one eastern one. We are just dealing with the reality that since the central mega-hub got fucked, we now will have two.

View PostEmopandah, on 17 September 2012 - 08:09 AM, said:

Central is basically East latency wise, you accusing West coast players of being selfish and not wanting to play with higher latency is complete hypocrisy on your part.

You wanted a poll and west won, grow up and accept it.
Central is basically the best option we had. I would be a hypocrite if next season I had the clout to pull a huge part of the portion of the PvP community to wherever I wanted, and I picked it without consulting the community's opinion first, and just made it a coast again. I am not a hypocrite in being selfish by just choosing the best ping for myself (and I said I wasn't sure if they chose Tich for selfish reasons, it could have been a combination of other factors), I am even leveling a toon on Tich right now, you fucking clown. The poll showed that most people wanted a central datacenter, "grow up and accept it."

View Postspaceship, on 17 September 2012 - 09:14 AM, said:

Wait, what? Not necessarily disagreeing with the rest of your post, but West obviously didn't "win". That poll wasn't very good because it only included 1 West server and a bunch of Central ones. If you add up all of the Central votes they come out on top.

The original poll should have just been a choice between the two datacenters, with another poll following it up based on the results. Probably wouldn't actually change anything though.
This.

View PostNobadz, on 17 September 2012 - 04:10 PM, said:

Is it ok to bash him for being slightly mentally challenged?

Every post he's made regarding west coast/east coast/central has ignored the fact that BG9 has a LARGE population of players from Australia and New Zealand.
Every post has ignored that, huh?

View PostDonald, on 15 September 2012 - 08:54 PM, said:

The only relavent thing here is - OK, maybe aussies would make Qs better on west than they could be elsewhere. I don't know if that outweighs the benefits of all US players going central.
Where did my poll go? A huge point of it was to decide where the eastern hub will be...? The choices were KT Ally/Horde or a Central Ally/Horde. My vote is KT Horde or Ally, idrc which faction.

Posted Image

#32 Donald

Donald
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 17 September 2012 - 05:05 PM

Nvm, I guess the poll is back randomly... If you haven't voted yet, do it (you can do multiple votes).

So in the coming days, the poll will zero in where the 2nd hub should be (in a broader area if it ends up being central, and it looks like it'll be central horde atm). I think that a couple days before arena starts, I will make a 2nd poll. If this current poll ends up resulting in Central Horde being the most popular, the new poll's choices will be decided based on it being:

- Popular (not overpopulated, to avoid log in Q)

- PvP (not RP, no one wants to get banned for RP rules)

- Close horde/ally ratios for the option of competitive world PvP (a current skew toward ally would help, since this server's horde is about to get bolstered)

I will use http://wow.realmpop.com/us.html and http://www.wowwiki.c...t_by_datacenter for this. Right now, the four best choices could be Stormreaver, Bleeding Hollow, Mannoroth, and Magtheridon.

Edited by Donald, 17 September 2012 - 05:47 PM.

Posted Image

#33 Zaddo

Zaddo
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/0/1/2/2
  • RBG: 2501

Posted 17 September 2012 - 05:15 PM

Someone should make a poll of ONLY central servers, so we can see what central server everyone wants to go to.

#34 Nobadz

Nobadz
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Frostmourne
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration 1/1/1/1/0/.

Posted 17 September 2012 - 05:25 PM

View PostDonald, on 17 September 2012 - 04:52 PM, said:

Every post has ignored that, huh?
Seems like it. Or you just forget that Australians and New Zealanders make up part of the PvP scene in 30 seconds.

View PostDonald, on 17 September 2012 - 04:52 PM, said:

A BG with 100% of top players Qing on it would be worth it, and a central BG is the way to do that.

Edited by Nobadz, 17 September 2012 - 05:25 PM.

#35 Thricton

Thricton
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arcane 0/2/1/1/1/.
  • LocationON, Canada

Posted 17 September 2012 - 05:44 PM

Why do people keep bringing up Australians? Get your own servers and stop ruining everyone everyone's fun.

#36 Donald

Donald
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 17 September 2012 - 05:46 PM

View PostZaddo, on 17 September 2012 - 05:15 PM, said:

Someone should make a poll of ONLY central servers, so we can see what central server everyone wants to go to.

View PostDonald, on 17 September 2012 - 05:05 PM, said:

So in the coming days, the poll will zero in where the 2nd hub should be (in a broader area if it ends up being central, and it looks like it'll be central horde atm). I think that a couple days before arena starts, I will make a 2nd poll. If this current poll ends up resulting in Central Horde being the most popular, the new poll's choices will be decided based on it being:

- Popular (not overpopulated, to avoid log in Q)

- PvP (not RP, no one wants to get banned for RP rules)

- Close horde/ally ratios for the option of competitive world PvP (a current skew toward ally would help, since this server's horde is about to get bolstered)

I will use http://wow.realmpop.com/us.html and http://www.wowwiki.c...t_by_datacenter for this. Right now, the four best choices could be Stormreaver, Bleeding Hollow, Mannoroth, and Magtheridon.

View PostNobadz, on 17 September 2012 - 05:25 PM, said:

Seems like it. Or you just forget that Australians and New Zealanders make up part of the PvP scene in 30 seconds.

[size=4]
I don't understand, are you blind?

View PostDonald, on 15 September 2012 - 08:54 PM, said:

The only relavent thing here is - OK, maybe aussies would make Qs better on west than they could be elsewhere. I don't know if that outweighs the benefits of all US players going central.
This is the second time that I am showing you that I have considered the aussies. This quote from two days ago is still true to me, I don't know if they outweigh the eastern part that won't go Tich. FOR THE LAST TIME, IT DOES NOT MATTER ANYMORE. Tich will have western and aussies, and it looks like a new central server will have eastern/central players.

Edited by Donald, 17 September 2012 - 05:47 PM.

Posted Image

#37 qlimax

qlimax
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Affliction
  • RBG: 2353

Posted 17 September 2012 - 05:48 PM

I can't understand you, you bash people for wanting to go West Coast Tich because it isn't what YOU want, Australia and New Zealand keep the queues going going during later hours of the night not at 3pm when little twats finish school. It's like you completely rule that out, someone linked a post in a earlier thread showing that West Coast IS THE CENTRAL HUB for the entire PvP Community.

You aren't getting what you want so instead of just sucking it up and moving across and playing, you are going to whine and try to give people an incentive to not play there with 80ms. Let me know how you go playing this game with 160 on West Coast and 250 on East. I and many other people have managed for seasons.

TLDR; stop throwing a tantrum because you haven't gotten your way. Tichondrius will be the PvP hub and if you are to stubborn to see it than I'm glad someone as intellectually challenged as you won't be on the server.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

#38 natureswill

natureswill
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 2347

Posted 17 September 2012 - 05:49 PM

what is wrong with you people, ive never seen so many pointless threads and posts about where people should play.  Why dont you people step out from the herd of sheep and try playing the game you want to play.  Go to a server you will have fun on with people you will have fun with.  If the only connection you have made in this game is which server has 10 less ms then i really feel bad for you.

All this talk about what top players are going where when in all reality those players dont give a shit about you.  Stop sucking each others dicks and go to a server you will have fun on... Problem Solved.

#39 Jaxington

Jaxington
  • Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/2/2/0/0/0

Posted 17 September 2012 - 05:53 PM

View Postqlimax, on 17 September 2012 - 05:48 PM, said:

I can't understand you, you bash people for wanting to go West Coast Tich because it isn't what YOU want, Australia and New Zealand keep the queues going going during later hours of the night not at 3pm when little twats finish school. It's like you completely rule that out, someone linked a post in a earlier thread showing that West Coast IS THE CENTRAL HUB for the entire PvP Community.

You aren't getting what you want so instead of just sucking it up and moving across and playing, you are going to whine and try to give people an incentive to not play there with 80ms. Let me know how you go playing this game with 160 on West Coast and 250 on East. I and many other people have managed for seasons.

TLDR; stop throwing a tantrum because you haven't gotten your way. Tichondrius will be the PvP hub and if you are to stubborn to see it than I'm glad someone as intellectually challenged as you won't be on the server.

He is leveling on Tich from what I read. I consider that "moving across" as you put it.

I understand what he is doing because there is a number of people that just are not going to go to Tich and he is going to consolidate those people to a single server determined here hopefully.
Posted Image

#40 Thricton

Thricton
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arcane 0/2/1/1/1/.
  • LocationON, Canada

Posted 17 September 2012 - 05:55 PM

View Postnatureswill, on 17 September 2012 - 05:49 PM, said:

Stop sucking each others dicks and go to a server you will have fun on... Problem Solved.

Many people will only have fun in this game if they can constantly queue into top players in arena so having most of them on one BG is really essential.

Also, why are Australians such angry people?

Edited by Thricton, 17 September 2012 - 05:57 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<