Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Help

Vote For Your TOP Season 12 US Server

poll US S12 top server vote

  • Please log in to reply
162 replies to this topic

Poll: #1 PVP US Server (305 member(s) have cast votes)

Which server should be our playground in S12?

  1. Voted Tichondrius Horde (West Coast) (112 votes [36.72%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 36.72%

  2. Kel'Thuzad Horde (East Coast) (19 votes [6.23%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 6.23%

  3. Illidan Horde (Central) (54 votes [17.70%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 17.70%

  4. Mal'Ganis Horde (East Coast) (18 votes [5.90%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 5.90%

  5. Laughing Skull Horde (Central) (5 votes [1.64%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 1.64%

  6. Emerald Dream Horde (Central) (67 votes [21.97%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 21.97%

  7. Sargeras Horde (Central) (11 votes [3.61%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 3.61%

  8. Cho'gall Horde (Central) (19 votes [6.23%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 6.23%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 Koshimo

Koshimo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Posts: 602
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/2/2/0
  • 2v2: 1805
  • 3v3: 2099
  • RBG: 1706

Posted 15 September 2012 - 07:27 PM

View Postnatureswill, on 15 September 2012 - 07:06 PM, said:

Rpers are vigilant about their reporting of griefers on ED.  Its an RPpvp server and everyone knows pvpers are known for shit talking, im just letting you all know if you come here and troll expect to get bans.
its easy just keep the shit talking on aj

#62 diglett23

diglett23
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Area 52
  • Retaliation
  • Posts: 325
  • Talents: Holy 0/1/1/2/0/1
  • RBG: 2212

Posted 15 September 2012 - 07:37 PM

Cho'Gall....Rampage is one of the most active BGS becuase of Illidan. Has good PvE guilds for those interested and is not RP so you can't get banned for trolling RP idiots.

#63 Pankakez

Pankakez
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Antonidas
  • Emberstorm
  • Posts: 194
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/2/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 1789
  • 3v3: 2052
  • RBG: 2322

Posted 15 September 2012 - 07:39 PM

Allot of votes for Emerald Dream and its central NICE!!!
......

#64 Donald

Donald
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Posts: 942
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/0/2/2/1
  • RBG: 2511

Posted 15 September 2012 - 07:59 PM

This thread is still a shitshow. There are two ways this can go right now. It's either all in on central or its east and west. There is no point in choosing a central server if team reckful is going Tich. If we can get them to confirm that they will go central, then we can vote on the central server. If we can get them to confirm that they are staying west, then alot of sheep will follow them and the rest of us can go KT horde, or even just stay alliance.

Seems like we need a poll thread on the front page for this, can a moderator help me with this?

Posted Image

You

are all

on

my fucking shit list.

PLEASE explain your vote.

Edited by Donald, 15 September 2012 - 08:00 PM.

Posted Image


#65 Renataki

Renataki
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Cenarius
  • Whirlwind
  • Posts: 203
  • Talents: Retribution 1/2/0/2/0/2
  • RBG: 2232

Posted 15 September 2012 - 08:07 PM

Illidan #1, yo but honestly, being Central seems the most logical thing to do, but  at the same time, I rather have a huge server like Blackrock in Wrath, doesn't matter personally where we go, as long as the server gets huge and the population was like how Blackrock was.

Edited by Renataki, 15 September 2012 - 08:11 PM.


#66 Mageic

Mageic
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Mannoroth
  • Ruin
  • Posts: 717
  • Talents: Elemental
  • RBG: 192

Posted 15 September 2012 - 08:11 PM

In the defense of the west coast players central is not exactly "central" it still has better ping for east coast players for obvious reasons:

http://i.imgur.com/xPc7Q.jpg

I however still fully support a central server. I also don't exactly see why its such a big deal to have two populated servers, it will create diversity in comps that reach the top and battlegroup rivalry :D

Edited by Mageic, 15 September 2012 - 08:13 PM.


#67 Donald

Donald
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Posts: 942
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/0/2/2/1
  • RBG: 2511

Posted 15 September 2012 - 08:18 PM

View PostMageic, on 15 September 2012 - 08:11 PM, said:

In the defense of the west coast players central is not exactly "central" it still has better ping for east coast players for obvious reasons:

http://i.imgur.com/xPc7Q.jpg

I however still fully support a central server. I also don't exactly see why its such a big deal to have two populated servers, it will create diversity in comps that reach the top and battlegroup rivalry :D
Yeah, ideally it would be in Nebraska... lol

It's a "big deal" because having one huge central hub where the top PvP players and everyone striving to be a top player can go and play against each other is the best thing for this PvP scene and it's easily obtainable. Comp diversity, what? Rivals play against each other, Novoz. We won't be playing each other if the two battlegroups don't play each other. It will actually split the good Qs in half.

Posted Image


#68 hoodrych

hoodrych
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Posts: 345
  • Talents:

Posted 15 September 2012 - 08:23 PM

Tich (BG9) was the original PvP server. Throughout the entire history of the game the community thrived there, teams weren't afraid to queue, nobody sat rating and there were actual "teams" with synergy and playtime together not just people playing OP alts with heroic gear. The comment about the aussies providing late-night queues is actually HUGE as well. Obviously those times are long gone, but what I think Snutz intention was to just bring people together where it always has succeeded. Snutz is east so it's not like he benefits from choosing that.

Sidenote: Why is there so much talk about ping now, yet no one said anything when KT was the primary choice? I've played with 100ms this entire expansion, it comes secondary when the goal is competition.

Quote

There is no point in choosing a central server if team reckful is going Tich.
what? so because "reckful and co" choose a west server that's the end of the argument? Laughable...As if they speak for the whole arena community. They're choosing Tich because that's where they want to play, that's where the majority went in the beginning of Cata and the community was decent. The entire last half of the expansion on KT has been the worst the community has seen so they're just trying to build up the original PvP hub.

Central is fair, if the majority chooses that, then that is where people will end up (including myself). I voted Tich because I'm West, Biased and it has history (not some dogshit RP server)

#69 Guest_snutzywow_*

Guest_snutzywow_*

Posted 15 September 2012 - 08:23 PM

Tichondrius Horde is still the server and will be the server where the competition will take place, like it's always been. All throughout WotLK and BC it was on BG9 that the queues were bumping, even at the start of Cata till Reckful quit.

There's really no argueing behind it, the post was to direct other players to Tichondrius Horde as it's always been the best server to play on with no complaints, there are a ton of aussie players and having them to play against at any time of the day or being able to queue wow at anytime is always a plus.

How hard is it to honestly play with 80-100 ping instead of 30?

west: http://i.imgur.com/DhiBW.jpg
east: http://i.imgur.com/kRTMa.jpg

i live in canada toronto

#70 hoodrych

hoodrych
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Posts: 345
  • Talents:

Posted 15 September 2012 - 08:24 PM

double post

Edited by hoodrych, 15 September 2012 - 08:27 PM.


#71 Nobadz

Nobadz
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Frostmourne
  • Bloodlust
  • Posts: 75
  • Talents: Restoration 1/1/1/1/0/.

Posted 15 September 2012 - 08:25 PM

View PostMageic, on 15 September 2012 - 08:11 PM, said:

In the defense of the west coast players central is not exactly "central" it still has better ping for east coast players for obvious reasons:

http://i.imgur.com/xPc7Q.jpg

Which servers are "central" if you take into account players from New Zealand and Australia?

http://i.imgur.com/pKdu9.jpg

Every time I hear an east coast player complaining about having 100 MS on a west coast server I laugh

#72 Zelyx

Zelyx
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Posts: 189
  • Talents: Discipline 0/0/1/1/1/0

Posted 15 September 2012 - 08:27 PM

View Postsnutzywow, on 15 September 2012 - 08:23 PM, said:

Tichondrius Horde is still the server and will be the server where the competition will take place, like it's always been. All throughout WotLK and BC it was on BG9 that the queues were bumping, even at the start of Cata till Reckful quit.

There's really no argueing behind it, the post was to direct other players to Tichondrius Horde as it's always been the best server to play on with no complaints, there are a ton of aussie players and having them to play against at any time of the day or being able to queue wow at anytime is always a plus.

How hard is it to honestly play with 80-100 ping instead of 30?

west: http://i.imgur.com/DhiBW.jpg
east: http://i.imgur.com/kRTMa.jpg

i live in canada toronto

The ping snuts posted is the same for me as well. I don't mind playing on west either, as I mentioned before. As long as there are people there.

But I don't know what it is, apparently some people have some serious ping issues on west.

#73 Nobadz

Nobadz
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Frostmourne
  • Bloodlust
  • Posts: 75
  • Talents: Restoration 1/1/1/1/0/.

Posted 15 September 2012 - 08:29 PM

View PostZelyx, on 15 September 2012 - 08:27 PM, said:

The ping snuts posted is the same for me as well. I don't mind playing on west either, as I mentioned before. As long as there are people there.

But I don't know what it is, apparently some people have some serious ping issues on west.

http://www.lowerping.com/

#74 breuerx

breuerx
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Cenarius
  • Whirlwind
  • Posts: 46
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1944
  • 3v3: 2185
  • RBG: 192

Posted 15 September 2012 - 08:31 PM

Ragnaros - Alliance
jk
<3
Hoz fails with his lock.

#75 Donald

Donald
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Posts: 942
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/0/2/2/1
  • RBG: 2511

Posted 15 September 2012 - 08:54 PM

View Posthoodrych, on 15 September 2012 - 08:23 PM, said:

Tich (BG9) was the original PvP server. Throughout the entire history of the game the community thrived there, teams weren't afraid to queue, nobody sat rating and there were actual "teams" with synergy and playtime together not just people playing OP alts with heroic gear. The comment about the aussies providing late-night queues is actually HUGE as well. Obviously those times are long gone, but what I think Snutz intention was to just bring people together where it always has succeeded. Snutz is east so it's not like he benefits from choosing that.
The only relavent thing here is - OK, maybe aussies would make Qs better on west than they could be elsewhere. I don't know if that outweighs the benefits of all US players going central.

View Posthoodrych, on 15 September 2012 - 08:23 PM, said:

Sidenote: Why is there so much talk about ping now, yet no one said anything when KT was the primary choice? I've played with 100ms this entire expansion, it comes secondary when the goal is competition.
I don't know. Seems like a mistake. We are correcting the mistake if we go central, and we are making the same mistake again if we go to a coast.

View Posthoodrych, on 15 September 2012 - 08:23 PM, said:

what? so because "reckful and co" choose a west server that's the end of the argument? Laughable...As if they speak for the whole arena community. They're choosing Tich because that's where they want to play, that's where the majority went in the beginning of Cata and the community was decent. The entire last half of the expansion on KT has been the worst the community has seen so they're just trying to build up the original PvP hub.
They're trying to speak for the whole community. I don't know yet if I am really opposed to Tich for myself, but they are trying to pull everyone there without a discussion or a vote, or atleast Snutz is.

View Posthoodrych, on 15 September 2012 - 08:23 PM, said:

Central is fair, if the majority chooses that, then that is where people will end up (including myself). I voted Tich because I'm West, Biased and it has history (not some dogshit RP server)
I think you can agree that your three reasons there are terrible reasons. You know that central would be most fair, being biased is obviously not a good way to look at it and decide, and obviously "history" doesn't matter at all.

View Postsnutzywow, on 15 September 2012 - 08:22 PM, said:

Tichondrius Horde is still the server and will be the server where the competition will take place, like it's always been. All throughout WotLK and BC it was on BG9 that the queues were bumping, even at the start of Cata till Reckful quit.

There's really no argueing behind it, the post was to direct other players to Tichondrius Horde as it's always been the best server to play on with no complaints
What? You're just ignoring all the things people have said about the benefits of a central server? And the criticism of trying to pull everyone west without considering other people's opinions? Jesus.

View Postsnutzywow, on 15 September 2012 - 08:22 PM, said:

there are a ton of aussie players and having them to play against at any time of the day or being able to queue wow at anytime is always a plus.
I don't know if that outweighs the benefits of all US players going central, since you should know that a considerable amount of people from the east will not go west. You guys going west will probably split the NA Qs in half, whereas they could be all together on a central server.

View Postsnutzywow, on 15 September 2012 - 08:22 PM, said:

How hard is it to honestly play with 80-100 ping instead of 30?

west: http://i.imgur.com/DhiBW.jpg
east: http://i.imgur.com/kRTMa.jpg

i live in canada toronto
That is a really shitty attitude to have when the fact is that on average, best ping for NA players would be central.

Edited by Donald, 15 September 2012 - 09:00 PM.

Posted Image


#76 CreepStatus

CreepStatus
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Posts: 408
  • Talents: Restoration 1/2/2/1/2/0
  • LocationGAINZville, the Gym

Posted 15 September 2012 - 09:26 PM

snutz, hoodrych... rebuttal?
Please use an appropriate signature; thanks! www.arenajunkies.com/forum-9/announcement-3-forum-rules-2272014/
the best playlist ever-https://www.youtube....FVT_S-TjfEu-GC2
NEW: best playlist ever 2- http://www.youtube.c...feature=mh_lolz
twitch.tv/bornlol
youtube.com/bornlolwins

#77 bobjob1

bobjob1
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Posts: 517
  • Talents: Frost 1/1/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 2226

Posted 15 September 2012 - 09:59 PM

central server /signed
Posted Image

#78 Nahj

Nahj
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Posts: 66
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/1/2/1/0/1
  • 2v2: 2524
  • 3v3: 2948
  • 5v5: 2458
  • RBG: 2409
  • LocationAZ

Posted 15 September 2012 - 10:15 PM

Most west coast players didn't get any sympathy for KT the second half of cata. West coast best coast, east coast least coast.

On  a serious note, central is more fair overall in somewhat of a 60/40 split, but it's still biased towards east coast. The same way west coast players like myself would be in favor of choosing a west coast BG.

There's no way having a "council meeting" and voting is going to change anything. People are going to do w/e they want to do, whether it's 2 separate hubs or rotating who gets screwed by ping every expansion. Not that it really matters that much if you're not playing a melee.

Edited by Nahj, 15 September 2012 - 10:23 PM.


#79 Zelyx

Zelyx
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Posts: 189
  • Talents: Discipline 0/0/1/1/1/0

Posted 15 September 2012 - 10:28 PM

View PostNahj, on 15 September 2012 - 10:15 PM, said:

Most west coast players didn't get any sympathy for KT the second half of cata. West coast best coast, east coast least coast.

On  a serious note, central is more fair overall in somewhat of a 60/40 split, but it's still biased towards east coast. The same way west coast players like myself would be in favor of choosing a west coast BG.

There's no way having a "council meeting" and voting is going to change anything. People are going to do w/e they want to do, whether it's 2 separate hubs or rotating who gets screwed by ping every expansion. Not that it really matters that much if you're not playing a melee.


If having a discussion, listening to people's opinions, and having a vote is not going to change anything, and that we should all just give up and do whatever, what is the point of a forum like this in the first place?

At the very least, people can now see the general idea of the top 3 servers: Tichondrius, Illidan, and Emerald Dream.

It's really Tich vs ED right now, I'm willing to change my vote to whatever in the future

#80 Emopandah

Emopandah
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Posts: 1525
  • Talents: Shadow 0/1/2/1/2/2
  • RBG: 2275
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 15 September 2012 - 10:30 PM

As said a few times in here you'll have absolutely no oceanic players go anywhere but west due to latency(on west we get 150-200 and on central it's between 240-300) meaning your ques will be a lot worse on central/east.

People complaining about getting around 100ms really need to stop making that their excuse to even make the argument of central is fair on everyone.. no it isn't central is basically east coast as you can see here http://i.imgur.com/xPc7Q.jpg





Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: poll, US, S12, top, server, vote

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<