• Misery
  • Talents: Restoration 1/2/2/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 2250
  • 3v3: 3104
  • RBG: 2632
  • LocationTyskland

Posted 14 September 2012 - 10:42 PM

Hey there,

I was wondering what of both talents you are using right now?

I'm currently using 'Wild Charge' all the time for the reason, that right now I feel kinda immortal. No one really goes on you in wargames at all and if yes, you can easily heal against it.

It gives me great opportunites to avoid cc, but also to land out cc like a cat charge followed by a bash into cyclone or just a 'goat leap' to the enemy. It's also gives me the great opportunity to get to your partners after you got feared away and can also be abused on arena with a high ground, to jump back up

But I think MoP where you can actually die, changing between Wild Charge and Displacer Beast will be good. Especially when you face a meelecleave which will go for you some day Displacer seems to be the best choice. Of course they know where you blinked to, but you are in stealth for a couple of seconds which makes them lose you out of their targets.

So yeah, your thoughts?

Edited by Doomsenlol, 14 September 2012 - 10:44 PM.

#2 Minpojke

Minpojke
  • Minpojke
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • 2v2: 2403
  • 3v3: 2652
  • 5v5: 957
  • RBG: 2210

Posted 14 September 2012 - 10:51 PM

Situational, overall wild charge is better.
www.twitch.tv/Minpojke

#3 rizzy

rizzy
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Assassination 2/1/1/2/0/1
  • 2v2: 2621
  • 3v3: 3084
  • 5v5: 960
  • RBG: 2564

Posted 14 September 2012 - 11:58 PM

I don't play a druid but displacer beast is very nice; you drop the enemies focus every 30 second or you can escape rather easy. (I think thats the CD).

did some RLD vs some other druid team, the enemy druid displaced and was going for a pounce and our druid countered it by dispacling too, was quite clutch.

#4 thrudgel

thrudgel
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Balance 1/2/2/0/2/2
  • RBG: 2207

Posted 15 September 2012 - 07:09 PM

displacer beast gives you a 4sec stun if you aim well. I love it

#5 Hotted

Hotted
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kargath
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Restoration 1/0/2/1/2/2
  • RBG: 2295
  • LocationVenezuela

Posted 15 September 2012 - 07:56 PM

I'd say if you think you are going to be the target of choice, take displacer beast. If not, take wild charge for more mobility
Spoiler

Posted Image
Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/hotted89
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hotted89
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/hotted89
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/hotted89

#6 Neverblooms

Neverblooms
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Restoration 1/0/2/1/0/2
  • RBG: 2338
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 15 September 2012 - 08:11 PM

I prefer Displacer, you can do some much with it being offense or defense. Time it right you can prevent CC like Displacing a scatter or deep, even fears.

Thats just my personal opinion i havent used wild charge much after swapping to displacer... but the fact that you can wild charge a mushroom (considered a friendly) is pretty fucking insane.

#7 Lightsmop

Lightsmop
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Blackrock
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Balance 2/0/2/1/1/2
  • RBG: 384

Posted 15 September 2012 - 11:51 PM

Overall Wild Charge.

You can jump on every pillar on RoV or Dalaran by putting a single Mushroom on a right spot.

#8 Beijaflor

Beijaflor
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Restoration 1/2/2/0/2/0
  • 2v2: 2038
  • 3v3: 2416
  • 5v5: 864
  • RBG: 576

Posted 16 September 2012 - 12:54 AM

View PostNeverblooms, on 15 September 2012 - 08:11 PM, said:

I prefer Displacer, you can do some much with it being offense or defense. Time it right you can prevent CC like Displacing a scatter or deep, even fears.

Thats just my personal opinion i havent used wild charge much after swapping to displacer... but the fact that you can wild charge a mushroom (considered a friendly) is pretty fucking insane.
You can do the same by wild charging to an ally, leaping forward in travel, or charging an enemy in bear.  You can also put a mushroom behind LoS (of your enemy) yet in your LoS, and g o out to heal / CC and then wildcharge your mushroom behind the LoS to avoid all kinds of CC and escape out of LoS in times that would have killed you.  Displacer only works for 20 yards, and if you typhoon and then wild charge the opposite direction to an ally you're out of range of any skill in the game.

#9 Beijaflor

Beijaflor
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn

Posted 16 September 2012 - 12:57 AM

View PostDoomsenlol, on 14 September 2012 - 10:42 PM, said:

Hey there,

I was wondering what of both talents you are using right now?

I'm currently using 'Wild Charge' all the time for the reason, that right now I feel kinda immortal. No one really goes on you in wargames at all and if yes, you can easily heal against it.

It gives me great opportunites to avoid cc, but also to land out cc like a cat charge followed by a bash into cyclone or just a 'goat leap' to the enemy. It's also gives me the great opportunity to get to your partners after you got feared away and can also be abused on arena with a high ground, to jump back up

But I think MoP where you can actually die, changing between Wild Charge and Displacer Beast will be good. Especially when you face a meelecleave which will go for you some day Displacer seems to be the best choice. Of course they know where you blinked to, but you are in stealth for a couple of seconds which makes them lose you out of their targets.

So yeah, your thoughts?

I don't see how Displacer is better for surviving what so ever.  Wild charge allows you go further, and to go to better places (wherever your ally is, wherever their healer is) places that might be better positioned (on another level of the map) than just a 20 yard leap and invis which will break quickly and then they'll instantly charge / grip / shadow step you and kill you.  
Wild charge better for every situation excluding well timed pounce into cyclone stuns.

#10 sounds

sounds
  • Premium Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Balance 2/0/2/1/1/.

Posted 16 September 2012 - 04:59 AM

Haven't used displacer beast yet, but really liking Wild Charge.

#11 Top

• Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:

Posted 19 September 2012 - 06:21 PM

I've played with both extensively at 90.  I prefer displacer for the target drop, but as always it depends on your circumstances (your comp, your opponents comp, blah blah).  The target drop should not be overlooked here on what that does for you.  And no I'm not talking about stealthing where 90% of the time you have dots on you.

#12 Lacrymosa

Lacrymosa
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Restoration 2/0/2/1/0/.

Posted 19 September 2012 - 06:34 PM

I'm liking the advantage of wild charge on z-axis maps. I haven't played at 90 at all, but as far as wargames go right now, I don't find myself getting trained often, so wild charge is actually a good offensive move. I usually leap in and scatter the healer. It's also really nice to avoid psyfiend and/or aoe fears since the cooldown is 15 seconds rather than the 30 seconds on displacer beast. Also, since I plan on running kfc I don't much like the idea of stealth pouncing for extra cc since that renders the target unable to be trapped.  All in all, I think wild charge has more room for creative and adaptive usage than displacer beast.

#13 Hotted

Hotted
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kargath
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Restoration 1/0/2/1/2/2
  • RBG: 2295
  • LocationVenezuela

Posted 19 September 2012 - 06:46 PM

View PostTop, on 19 September 2012 - 06:21 PM, said:

I've played with both extensively at 90.  I prefer displacer for the target drop, but as always it depends on your circumstances (your comp, your opponents comp, blah blah).  The target drop should not be overlooked here on what that does for you.  And no I'm not talking about stealthing where 90% of the time you have dots on you.
That's the main reason why Displacer beast is so good for teams that usually like to swap to druids (rmp for example). Since you'll be able to see enemies setup before the match begins, you can adjust anytime
Spoiler

Posted Image
Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/hotted89
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hotted89
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/hotted89
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/hotted89

#14 Lacrymosa

Lacrymosa
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Restoration 2/0/2/1/0/.

Posted 19 September 2012 - 06:53 PM

View PostHotted, on 19 September 2012 - 06:46 PM, said:

That's the main reason why Displacer beast is so good for teams that usually like to swap to druids (rmp for example). Since you'll be able to see enemies setup before the match begins, you can adjust anytime
That's also map dependent as well. I still think wild charge is better if you can abuse it like a warlock portal against a team that wants to train you. I was getting trained by an rls (and rogues do the big poopoo damage right now) where wild charge definitely saved my ass.

#15 TteSPORTSDoomsen

TteSPORTSDoomsen
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Frostmane
  • Misery
  • LocationTyskland

Posted 19 September 2012 - 06:59 PM

I played with Displacer Beast for the past two days over Wild Charge, because I used to play against Mages on 85, who basically oneshot everything in a deep with frostbomb. And I must say that this ability is even more sick than I thought. I have been able to prowl so many deep freezes and all that stuff by just keeping a good track of the mages target.

But yeah, Wild Charge will be sick if you abuse Mushrooms to get up on Pillars, eventho it's pretty hard to target shrooms :/

Edited by Doomsenlol, 19 September 2012 - 07:00 PM.

#16 Evolute

Evolute
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/0/1/0/0
  • RBG: 192
  • LocationCanada

Posted 20 September 2012 - 01:14 AM

Charge 90% of the time imo

Posted Image

#17 Beijaflor

Beijaflor
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn

Posted 20 September 2012 - 02:49 AM

Not to mention, you can lay down a mushroom anywhere in the map that you want, and then make the macro
"target Wild Mushroom"
"/Cast Wild Charge"
Very very useful.

#18 TteSPORTSDoomsen

TteSPORTSDoomsen
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Frostmane
  • Misery
  • LocationTyskland

Posted 20 September 2012 - 04:02 AM

View PostPinkrangers, on 20 September 2012 - 02:49 AM, said:

Not to mention, you can lay down a mushroom anywhere in the map that you want, and then make the macro
"target Wild Mushroom"
"/Cast Wild Charge"
Very very useful.

Yeah, but that only allows you to have one Mushroom on the ground.

#19 thrudgel

thrudgel
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Balance 1/2/2/0/2/2
  • RBG: 2207

Posted 20 September 2012 - 06:15 PM

i dont think i'll ever have 2 globals to wild charge my own mushroom placement in 3v3 to avoid wizard nukes. If you get a nice setup of mushrooms early match they last 5min but good teams will destroy them. But 2v2 Rdruids r going to be so frustrating especially on blades edge with wild charge. Wild charge is obv 2v2 spec but in 3s still not a clear choice vs wizards

#20 Durial

Durial
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Talnivarr
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents:
  • LocationEngland, London

Posted 20 September 2012 - 06:18 PM

DB is good IMO. Drops their target/focus and you can even get a clone out of it.

But then again, Wild Charge is very versatile, I'm guessing they're both generally equal, but one of them will prove to be better in X situation, as will the other in Y situations.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<