#1 PvP Server?

• Please log in to reply
143 replies to this topic

#61 Jah2828

Jah2828
  • Junkies

Posted 15 September 2012 - 03:19 AM

View PostSynkz, on 15 September 2012 - 03:11 AM, said:

If you make a poll, I think you should include Laughing Skull as an option as well. I know it has been the server of very good players in the past and has a central location as well.

Yeah of course. I'm sure i've missed some, just let me know. Send me a message or even post here, and ill add it to the list.
If nlggaz hate then let them hate and watch the rating pile up.

#62 Warac

Warac
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Antonidas
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents: Holy 1/1/2/2/0/0

Posted 15 September 2012 - 03:19 AM

View PostSynkz, on 15 September 2012 - 03:11 AM, said:

If you make a poll, I think you should include Laughing Skull as an option as well. I know it has been the server of very good players in the past and has a central location as well.
I would love to go back to laughingskull. I had amazing times on that server.
Posted Image

#63 Gekz

Gekz
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Maiev
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Discipline 1/1/1/1/1/1
  • 2v2: 2399
  • 3v3: 2829
  • RBG: 2232

Posted 15 September 2012 - 03:20 AM

Illidan will 100% have log in queues with mop release but then again a lot of servers might also. Not sure how long log in queues will be but I would expect there to be some for at least the first month or so on Illidan.

#64 Drazziefresh

Drazziefresh
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Destruction
  • RBG: 384

Posted 15 September 2012 - 03:43 AM

View PostJahmilli1, on 15 September 2012 - 01:32 AM, said:

I don't really care if you're ashamed. If you're going to act like you care about competition on ladders, then stop ruining it by team sitting. And you don't have alts, you have characters that people let you play because you don't want to play your own character. I'm not going to sit here and discuss why you actually got rank 1 nightfall, because thats not what the thread is about. The point is, you don't actively Q on ladders, and when people like you team sit all season, it ruins them, so you are far from qualified in deciding where people transfer to.

Even if you were qualified, Tich is still a poor choice because of overall NA latency issues in comparison to illidan. So until you or whoever choose Tich decides to give a reasonable explanation as to why you choose the server you did, I'd suggest people at least wait to make their final decision.
SHOTS FIRED HOLY !#@!
pee in her butt br0

#65 Feorblade

Feorblade
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Marksmanship
  • RBG: 2280

Posted 15 September 2012 - 03:46 AM

Like I said, I don't expect the log in ques to be as bad as they were at the start of Cataclysm--3 to 4 hours so I went to Tich in s9-- but any ques above 30 minutes during prime time is pretty stupid. I understand the desire for a high pop server, and I'm all for playing on a central server even though I get 4 latency on Tich. I just don't think it's right to try and pigeon hole people into one Central server which will lead to a bad WoW experience just because of log in ques, which will 100% happen on Illidan. Random Central Server X can become a high pop server if it's not decided on a whim, but is based on there being a good size, good PvE guilds, and the willingness of players to transfer there as a group.

#66 diglett23

diglett23
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Area 52
  • Retaliation
  • Talents: Holy 0/1/1/2/0/1
  • RBG: 2212

Posted 15 September 2012 - 03:55 AM

I think Cho'Gall would be good tbh, since its on Rampage meaning we would still be able to play the people on Illidan as well but not have to deal with the log in queues and spam of the server.

#67 Dagin

Dagin
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Lightninghoof
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/0/0/2/1/0
  • RBG: 2049
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted 15 September 2012 - 03:58 AM

Emerald Dream full.
Signature removed
"Too Big"- Nerd Vexo
Sorry guys too big
Dale
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=m-gVxKrzb4g
Posted Image

#68 Tosan

Tosan
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Marksmanship 1/0/1/2/1/0
  • RBG: 384

Posted 15 September 2012 - 04:04 AM

I played Illidan S9 and I don't recall long queues for logins, how long did this login issue last?  Must have been just really early during first 2-3 months, I don't remember when I first xferred there but I never experienced that.

I doubt illidan will yield the same login queue issues at this point, even with MoP revitalizing the population a bit, I still think there will be significantly less people this time around.

Not that I really care about Illidan in particular either, just throwin that out there.

Edited by Tosan, 15 September 2012 - 04:04 AM.

#69 Affect

Affect
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:

Posted 15 September 2012 - 04:16 AM

I would go ahead and safely assume Illidan would be quite possibly the worst idea. Especially in regards to the start of MoP. It is "the" server to be on for PvE purposes in the US.

#70 Vexo

Vexo
  • Moderators
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Combat 2/2/2/0/0/2

Posted 15 September 2012 - 04:24 AM

Definitely some central server, 20 ms to KT 160 to Tich (I do miss it tho :()

#71 Avey

Avey
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Garona
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/0/1/2/.

Posted 15 September 2012 - 05:46 AM

View PostDillypoo, on 15 September 2012 - 12:12 AM, said:

Can we do Emerald Drama please. Pleaaaseee?
  • Even A:H ratio (not that I give a shit about world PvP)
  • Central Server
  • No queue times
  • Decent BG, relatively active ladders currently.
  • RPPvP (it's hilarious)
  • An incredibly active server-only forum dedicated to shit talking people
  • There's a warrior that they refer to as their "king", and the server stage giant Horde v. Alliance fights trying to take down said "king tank".
  • A giant guild made of only dwarves that RPs all over Ironforge every day.
#teamemeralddream

#72 bclol

bclol
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms 0/1/1/1/1/0
  • LocationThe First State

Posted 15 September 2012 - 05:53 AM

ok we decided on illidan, see you all there

#73 ElamiteW

ElamiteW
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Misha
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Survival 2/0/0/2/1/0

Posted 15 September 2012 - 05:56 AM

no you gay

Posted Image

#74 iblazen1

iblazen1
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/2/0/1/2/.

Posted 15 September 2012 - 06:26 AM

View PostJahmilli1, on 15 September 2012 - 03:19 AM, said:

Yeah of course. I'm sure i've missed some, just let me know. Send me a message or even post here, and ill add it to the list.
Leader jahmilli

#75 Donald

Donald
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/0/2/2/1
  • RBG: 2511

Posted 15 September 2012 - 06:30 AM

OK everyone that has already gone Tich are either blind or selfish. Blind to the obvious that if we want a powerhouse server it has to be central for the fairest ping for everyone, or so selfish that since they are west coast, they want better ping for themselves, or they don't care about the community enough to weigh their opinion before picking a new server.

We have a better opportunity now than I can ever remember to set in stone the top server right now, why would it not be voted on? How is it not obvious that it should be central? We need a thread where we vote on the central server soon, and I don't want to risk the 4 hour Illidan log in Qs that I remember from the start of Cata. Other central options seem much better for PvP.

Hopefully the majority of the top PvP scene can agree on a central datacenter server. If team reckful and co don't want to be on the central server we pick, then they are choosing to deal a huge blow to MoP competition and Qs right from the start. If they do that, all my east coast associates go KT horde with me. Fuck the west.

PS Jah for president. Also, don't need a #1 PvP server with wargames... this shit has been so much better than regular queues in every single way.

Posted Image

#76 Tease_

Tease_
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 2000

Posted 15 September 2012 - 06:37 AM

View PostDonald, on 15 September 2012 - 06:30 AM, said:

OK everyone that has already gone Tich are either blind or selfish. Blind to the obvious that if we want a powerhouse server it has to be central for the fairest ping for everyone, or so selfish that since they are west coast, they want better ping for themselves, or they don't care about the community enough to weigh their opinion before picking a new server.

We have a better opportunity now than I can ever remember to set in stone the top server right now, why would it not be voted on? How is it not obvious that it should be central? We need a thread where we vote on the central server soon, and I don't want to risk the 4 hour Illidan log in Qs that I remember from the start of Cata. Other central options seem much better for PvP.

Hopefully the majority of the top PvP scene can agree on a central datacenter server. If team reckful and co don't want to be on the central server we pick, then they are choosing to deal a huge blow to MoP competition and Qs right from the start. If they do that, all my east coast associates go KT horde with me. Fuck the west.

This.

#77 Yesjuicex

Yesjuicex
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/0/1/2/1/.

Posted 15 September 2012 - 06:56 AM

#Team Emerald Dream (Horde) $$

#78 Venoma

Venoma
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Destruction 0/2/2/2/2/1
  • RBG: 2218

Posted 15 September 2012 - 07:04 AM

View PostDonald, on 15 September 2012 - 06:30 AM, said:

PS Jah for president. Also, don't need a #1 PvP server with wargames... this shit has been so much better than regular queues in every single way.

wow what a huge blow, even though its the same as its always been

#79 Donald

Donald
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/0/2/2/1
  • RBG: 2511

Posted 15 September 2012 - 07:23 AM

View PostVenoma, on 15 September 2012 - 07:04 AM, said:

wow what a huge blow, even though its the same as its always been