Bloobungle
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Magtheridon
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Fire 1/1/0/2/1/2
  • RBG: 1785

Posted 15 September 2012 - 01:13 AM

Going from a 30-200ms ping is enough to completely alter your game play. You can't even say "just adjust." There's something about having a melee class swinging their pitchforks at me from 20 yards away that gets quite irritating. And good luck interrupting anything against a player that occasionally jukes a spell.

Competitive or not, the experience is just awful. I feel bad for players that are in that boat all the time. Picture a gnome hitting you with a dagger through a pillar because his character isn't even remotely close to where he should be (no, that's now how the game should look).

#42 Guest_snutzywow_*

Guest_snutzywow_*

Posted 15 September 2012 - 01:26 AM

i'm east coast

#43 Guest_snutzywow_*

Guest_snutzywow_*

Posted 15 September 2012 - 01:27 AM

the jump is not 30-200, its 30-100

#44 Jah2828

Jah2828
  • Junkies

Posted 15 September 2012 - 01:32 AM

View Postsnutzywow, on 15 September 2012 - 12:55 AM, said:

lol i'm not ashamed of sitting on my nightfall team when I had other alts I could have played on, I was on tichondrius for a long time and when the competition moved I followed. I ended up on KT and becoming the rank 1 team did I not? If i didn't care I wouldnt have came at all, Illidan horde was my first pick until I realized how bad queue times would have been (reason I transfered off Blackrock to begin with)

I don't really care if you're ashamed. If you're going to act like you care about competition on ladders, then stop ruining it by team sitting. And you don't have alts, you have characters that people let you play because you don't want to play your own character. I'm not going to sit here and discuss why you actually got rank 1 nightfall, because thats not what the thread is about. The point is, you don't actively Q on ladders, and when people like you team sit all season, it ruins them, so you are far from qualified in deciding where people transfer to.

Even if you were qualified, Tich is still a poor choice because of overall NA latency issues in comparison to illidan. So until you or whoever choose Tich decides to give a reasonable explanation as to why you choose the server you did, I'd suggest people at least wait to make their final decision.

Edited by Jahmilli1, 15 September 2012 - 01:32 AM.

If nlggaz hate then let them hate and watch the rating pile up.

#45 Beijaflor

Beijaflor
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Restoration 1/2/2/0/2/0
  • 2v2: 2038
  • 3v3: 2416
  • 5v5: 864
  • RBG: 576

Posted 15 September 2012 - 01:44 AM

View PostJahmilli1, on 15 September 2012 - 01:32 AM, said:

I don't really care if you're ashamed. If you're going to act like you care about competition on ladders, then stop ruining it by team sitting. And you don't have alts, you have characters that people let you play because you don't want to play your own character. I'm not going to sit here and discuss why you actually got rank 1 nightfall, because thats not what the thread is about. The point is, you don't actively Q on ladders, and when people like you team sit all season, it ruins them, so you are far from qualified in deciding where people transfer to.

Even if you were qualified, Tich is still a poor choice because of overall NA latency issues in comparison to illidan. So until you or whoever choose Tich decides to give a reasonable explanation as to why you choose the server you did, I'd suggest people at least wait to make their final decision.

Support.

#46 Warac

Warac
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Antonidas
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents: Holy 1/1/2/2/0/0

Posted 15 September 2012 - 01:45 AM

Central server please. ^^
Posted Image

#47 Turmoill

Turmoill
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Fire 0/0/2/2/1/2
  • 2v2: 672
  • 3v3: 1799
  • RBG: 1974

Posted 15 September 2012 - 01:59 AM

I would love a central server over Tich anyday.

Just logged on Tich - 128ms.. Pretty big difference compared to my 22ms on Sargeras.

Edited by Turmoill, 15 September 2012 - 01:59 AM.

#48 Synkz

Synkz
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Blood Furnace
  • Retaliation
  • Talents: Destruction 0/2/0/0/2/.

Posted 15 September 2012 - 01:59 AM

bleeding hollow could be good

#49 Champ

Champ
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents:

Posted 15 September 2012 - 02:03 AM

View PostJahmilli1, on 15 September 2012 - 01:32 AM, said:

Don't know why you are so set on trying to get people to go to Illidan. I agree it should be a central server but Illidan is ass. Laggy as fuck, overpopulated. Queue times to log on...shit server

#50 Feorblade

Feorblade
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Marksmanship
  • RBG: 2280

Posted 15 September 2012 - 02:06 AM

Do people not remember the 3 hour log in que times on Illidan when Cataclysm was first released??? I went to go take a final, came back, was still in que... Sorry, I don't want to wait 3 hours to log on during prime time to be able to play a game I pay $15 a month for. While the que times for Illidan probably won't be as bad as they were back then, I'm sure they will still be awful. Can we please try and decide on a central server that isn't Illidan?

#51 lysolabuser

lysolabuser
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/1/2/2/0/1
  • 2v2: 1626
  • 3v3: 288
  • LocationWeston, FL

Posted 15 September 2012 - 02:10 AM

yeah i definitely agree with feor, we should pick a server that is definitely central so its fair for everyone who is going to play. def not illidan though because as he said there are gonna be queues and thats just pretty gay.

#52 Zaephyr

Zaephyr
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Unholy 0/0/2/2/0/2
  • RBG: 2416

Posted 15 September 2012 - 02:13 AM

Everyone come play EU client on stormscale :duckers:
"Please use an appropriate signature; thanks! www.arenajunkies.com/forum-9/announcement-3-forum-rules-2272014

#53 Belligerent

Belligerent
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 15 September 2012 - 02:14 AM

ILLIDAN IT IS!

#54 Conradical

Conradical
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Garona
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Affliction 0/2/2/0/2/.

Posted 15 September 2012 - 02:33 AM

He was the leader of the Nathrezim of the Burning Legion, under the command of Kil'jaeden. He was a major character in the Warcraft III Path of the Damned, The Invasion of Kalimdor, and Eternity's End campaigns. While he appeared often, he was never available for the user to control.

He did not appear to have any part in the War of the Ancients, though at times in WarCraft III, his comments implied firsthand experience. Since he is not mentioned in the War of the Ancients trilogy, he may not have played a significant or noteworthy role.  

Prior to the Third War, He was chosen by Kil'jaeden to personally police the newest agent of the Legion, Ner'zhul, the malefic Lich King. He was none too pleased with the appointment, but accepted it in the end. As befitting his status as the greatest of the Nathrezim, He was placed in charge of a number of Scourge operations. Following the corruption of Prince Arthas Menethil, He introduced himself to the Death Knight, providing him with orders from Ner'zhul, especially concerning the resurrection of Kel'Thuzad. Because he didn't entirely trust Arthas, Hepretended to be another one of the Lich King's followers. The ghost of Kel'Thuzad, however, informed Arthas that He and the other dreadlords were actually the Lich King's jailers.

He regularly discussed the Scourge's progress with his colleagues, Anetheron and Mephistroth, who remained on a Legion planet in the Nether. The Darkener expressed (justified) concern that Ner'zhul had alternative plans for his new "champion," but Mephistroth pointed out that he "wouldn't dare undermine our efforts now."
The dreadlord continued his work, eventually overseeing the death of Uther Lightbringer, the invasion and destruction of Quel'Thalas, and the siege of Dalaran. Once Archimonde was summoned, he decreed that the Lich King was no longer needed, and gave He control of the Scourge.

The humans, having lost their most powerful leaders and heroes, quickly fell before the might of the Legion, now joined by Mannoroth. Mannoroth was still sore over the orcs' failure to conquer Azeroth years before, and was angrier still when He smugly observed that the Scourge had done the job the orcs couldn't. Mannoroth became even more enraged when He informed him that the orcs had left the continent. The pit lord was eager to take his frustrations out on the orcs, so at the first opportunity he and He picked up the trail and followed the orcs to the ancient land of Kalimdor.
The arrival at Kalimdor reminded the pair of demon lords only too well that the threat of the night elves still remained, as well as the demigod, Cenarius. Mannoroth suspected that unless weakened, they would still pose a considerable threat. He, however, came up with a solution. He knew that the orcs had earned the wrath of Cenarius, and he believed that corrupting the orcs once again would give them the power to defeat Cenarius, leaving him defeated when the Legion began their invasion of Kalimdor in full. Encouraged by the Darkener's plot, Mannoroth spilt his burning blood into a sacred pool...

In spite of Mannoroth's death at the hands of Grom Hellscream, He proceeded with the invasion. The Scourge, more dangerous than ever thanks the demonic support of felhounds, doomguard and infernals, was more than successful in penetrating Ashenvale without Cenarius's intervention. The combined forces of the orcs and the humans, coupled with the resistance of the night elves, eventually managed to halt their progress.
As the invasion of Kalimdor progressed, He began corrupting the forests of Felwood using a powerful warlock artifact, the Skull of Gul'dan. However, the skull was consumed by Illidan Stormrage, who had been tipped off by none other than Arthas. Transformed by the skull into a demon-hybrid, Illidan used his newfound power to defeat He and slayed him along his demonic forces.

After his death, his brother, Anetheron became the new lord of the Nathrezim.

#55 big_gay_roy_69

big_gay_roy_69
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Frostmourne
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/0/0/0/2/0
  • RBG: 2327

Posted 15 September 2012 - 02:36 AM

dear god conradical

#56 Evolute

Evolute
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/0/1/0/0
  • RBG: 192
  • LocationCanada

Posted 15 September 2012 - 02:56 AM

I won't lie I've spent more time than I would care to admit clicking on wowwiki links

too good

Posted Image

#57 Jah2828

Jah2828
  • Junkies

Posted 15 September 2012 - 02:56 AM

View PostChamp, on 15 September 2012 - 02:03 AM, said:

Don't know why you are so set on trying to get people to go to Illidan. I agree it should be a central server but Illidan is ass. Laggy as fuck, overpopulated. Queue times to log on...shit server

If that is still the case, then yeah I suppose we should choose a new server. I was just suggesting illidan because its high pop horde, central, and a number of players had been talking about going there as well. If someone that actively plays on illidan can confirm that the login Qs are too much of a hassle (keep in mind MOP release), then I can make another thread with a poll or something later on in the month of central servers to decide which ones we all want to transfer to. And if enough people participate, i'll be the first to transfer.

Here is a US realm list by datacenter

http://www.wowpedia....t_by_datacenter

Cho'gall, Emerald Dream, Sargeras, Arthas, Illidan. All seem to be appropriate. If you want the ladder to be active with tolerable latency for everyone in NA, then please lets just be patient and choose together. I know I have my issues with a lot of players but at the end of the day I just want to play wow ok.
If nlggaz hate then let them hate and watch the rating pile up.

#58 Synkz

Synkz
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Blood Furnace
  • Retaliation
  • Talents: Destruction 0/2/0/0/2/.

Posted 15 September 2012 - 03:11 AM

View PostJahmilli1, on 15 September 2012 - 02:56 AM, said:

Here is a US realm list by datacenter

http://www.wowpedia....t_by_datacenter

Cho'gall, Emerald Dream, Sargeras, Arthas, Illidan. All seem to be appropriate. If you want the ladder to be active with tolerable latency for everyone in NA, then please lets just be patient and choose together. I know I have my issues with a lot of players but at the end of the day I just want to play wow ok.

If you make a poll, I think you should include Laughing Skull as an option as well. I know it has been the server of very good players in the past and has a central location as well.

#59 myboomstick

myboomstick
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Daggerspine
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 15 September 2012 - 03:14 AM

Apparently there were queue's when DS was popular but they were only a few minutes long. Been on Illidan for a few months now, no queue times yet when logging in. (good chance that could change in mop though)

Live on the west coast with about 70-90 ping avg. on Illidan.

#60 Vanguards

Vanguards
  • Administrators
  • Curse Premium
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 2196
  • 3v3: 2772
  • 5v5: 384

Posted 15 September 2012 - 03:14 AM

If you wanta go Horde help your fellow non-undead friends promote this!

http://us.battle.net...opic/6551965598 =D
http://twitch.tv/VanguardsTV- Stream (Follow to know when I'm live!)
http://twitter.com/VanguardsTV- Twitter
http://facebook.com/Samk920 - Facebook

http://youtube.com/SamK920 - YouTube Videos

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<