LeonP
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Discipline 1/0/0/0/2/.
  • RBG: 192

Posted 15 September 2012 - 05:23 PM

There are about 8 overpop servers in the US and Illidan is one of them. Even KT is just high pop, not overpop. So if people want a central server to play on, pick a high pop one like Sargeras, Emerald Dream, or Mannoroth. I had an alt on Illidan in s9 and there would sometimes be 2+ hour log-in queues.

#102 hearthadinlol

hearthadinlol
  • Kaska
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/1/1/0/0
  • RBG: 192

Posted 15 September 2012 - 06:08 PM

sargeras has no queue times and is good
Posted Image

#103 natureswill

natureswill
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 2347

Posted 15 September 2012 - 06:13 PM

<The Crew> [A] Emerald Dreams top pvp guild is looking for more high rated players to participate in our daily wpvp events, arena, and active 2200+ RBGs.

We host arena tournies, duel tournies, wpvp events, guild rbgs, guild arena teams.  Emerald Dream is completely unique in that it has some of the most active wpvp that this game has to offer.  <The Crew> is a large participant in this wpvp and we often have large scale battles throughout the world.

<The Crew> has been one of the longest running and most successful pvp guilds ever established on Emerald Dream.  Our main RBG team all got Hero of the Horde and played consistently at 2500+ ratings.

The guild is home to the largest population of 2200+ players on the server and has many glad experianced players.  For more information on Emerald Dream and <The Crew> contact me in game or on AJ.

P.S.
Emerald Dream does have an active RP community.  If people decide to come here and troll/grief you WILL most likely be banned.  That being said <The Crew> does not do any RP, but we do not troll people who decide to participate in it.

Edited by natureswill, 15 September 2012 - 06:29 PM.

#104 iblazen1

iblazen1
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/2/0/1/2/.

Posted 15 September 2012 - 06:35 PM

View Postnatureswill, on 15 September 2012 - 06:13 PM, said:

<The Crew> [A] Emerald Dreams top pvp guild is looking for more high rated players to participate in our daily wpvp events, arena, and active 2200+ RBGs.

We host arena tournies, duel tournies, wpvp events, guild rbgs, guild arena teams.  Emerald Dream is completely unique in that it has some of the most active wpvp that this game has to offer.  <The Crew> is a large participant in this wpvp and we often have large scale battles throughout the world.

<The Crew> has been one of the longest running and most successful pvp guilds ever established on Emerald Dream.  Our main RBG team all got Hero of the Horde and played consistently at 2500+ ratings.

The guild is home to the largest population of 2200+ players on the server and has many glad experianced players.  For more information on Emerald Dream and <The Crew> contact me in game or on AJ.

P.S.
Emerald Dream does have an active RP community.  If people decide to come here and troll/grief you WILL most likely be banned.  That being said <The Crew> does not do any RP, but we do not troll people who decide to participate in it.

stop

#105 Donald

Donald
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/0/2/2/1
  • RBG: 2511

Posted 15 September 2012 - 07:41 PM

View PostPawpinbawtlez, on 15 September 2012 - 01:41 PM, said:

Keep in mind, there are some positives when considering a west coast server, particularly for oceanic players .
West coast queues will generally be active at all times as Oceanic players are prone to queue later at night, in addition to this, you'll find players residing in Non American locations tend to have a larger handicap, latency wise as opposed to players in the US.
In most cases, going from west to east would incur approximately a 100 ping jump, from 250ms to 350ms.
I'd urge players to consider this and at the very least, try and avoid east coast servers, central wouldn't be so bad, but west would be even better.
You can flip that argument on its head; European players trying to play here get screwed by west coast. Central is still best on average.

Posted Image

#106 Godx

Godx
  • Xlordzapple
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Drak'Tharon
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents: Subtlety 2/2/2/1/1/0

Posted 15 September 2012 - 07:47 PM

No one showing Emberstorm some love, come on guys. Come where the real champions play.
Http://twitch.tv/LordZapple
Http://youtube.com/LordZapple
The God You Once Believed In, Only Better And More Perfect, Godx.

#107 Nobadz

Nobadz
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Frostmourne
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration 1/1/1/1/0/.

Posted 15 September 2012 - 08:15 PM

View PostDonald, on 15 September 2012 - 07:41 PM, said:

You can flip that argument on its head; European players trying to play here get screwed by west coast. Central is still best on average.
European players have their own servers to play on. Oceanic players do not derp

#108 Jordinn

Jordinn
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Dragonmaw
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: Elemental ./././././.
  • RBG: 1103

Posted 15 September 2012 - 08:18 PM

I guess its about that time for me to come back to wow..

#109 Donald

Donald
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 15 September 2012 - 08:21 PM

View PostNobadz, on 15 September 2012 - 08:15 PM, said:

European players have their own servers to play on. Oceanic players do not derp
They still like playing on US servers since EU servers suck (hour long 3v3 Qs for top players).

And it looks to me like there are Oceanic servers...
Posted Image

Posted Image

#110 Guest_snutzywow_*

Guest_snutzywow_*

Posted 15 September 2012 - 08:22 PM

Tichondrius Horde is still the server and will be the server where the competition will take place, like it's always been. All throughout WotLK and BC it was on BG9 that the queues were bumping, even at the start of Cata till Reckful quit.

There's really no argueing behind it, the post was to direct other players to Tichondrius Horde as it's always been the best server to play on with no complaints, there are a ton of aussie players and having them to play against at any time of the day or being able to queue wow at anytime is always a plus.

How hard is it to honestly play with 80-100 ping instead of 30?

west: http://i.imgur.com/DhiBW.jpg
east: http://i.imgur.com/kRTMa.jpg

i live in canada toronto

#111 Nobadz

Nobadz
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Frostmourne
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration 1/1/1/1/0/.

Posted 15 September 2012 - 08:32 PM

View PostDonald, on 15 September 2012 - 08:21 PM, said:

They still like playing on US servers since EU servers suck (hour long 3v3 Qs for top players).

Did you bother to find out where those servers are hosted from before you made your post? I'll help you out http://www.wowwiki.c...t_by_datacenter

#112 Feorblade

Feorblade
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Marksmanship
  • RBG: 2280

Posted 15 September 2012 - 11:23 PM

View Postsnutzywow, on 15 September 2012 - 12:55 AM, said:

lol i'm not ashamed of sitting on my nightfall team when I had other alts I could have played on, I was on tichondrius for a long time and when the competition moved I followed. I ended up on KT and becoming the rank 1 team did I not? If i didn't care I wouldnt have came at all, Illidan horde was my first pick until I realized how bad queue times would have been (reason I transfered off Blackrock to begin with)
If Illidan horde was your first choice it would only be logical to try and find another Central server to replace it since you didn't think Illidan would be a good place to go? I think most of the top players have 2 of their class anyways so in general I think they will be fine with having one west one central, but I think in general it's incredibly unfair to try and force an entire community to play on West.

With regard to Australian players, Unfortunately it's impossible to make everyone happy. As far as I know, or at least remember, Australian player numbers are significantly smaller than their American counterparts so it's kind of a matter of what server will make the most people happy :/

#113 Sanira

Sanira
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Shadowmoon
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/1/0/.

Posted 16 September 2012 - 01:47 AM

View Postsnutzywow, on 15 September 2012 - 08:22 PM, said:

Tichondrius Horde is still the server and will be the server where the competition will take place, like it's always been. All throughout WotLK and BC it was on BG9 that the queues were bumping, even at the start of Cata till Reckful quit.

There's really no argueing behind it, the post was to direct other players to Tichondrius Horde as it's always been the best server to play on with no complaints, there are a ton of aussie players and having them to play against at any time of the day or being able to queue wow at anytime is always a plus.

How hard is it to honestly play with 80-100 ping instead of 30?

west: http://i.imgur.com/DhiBW.jpg
east: http://i.imgur.com/kRTMa.jpg

i live in canada toronto

The significance of this topic is about the "competition" so we can have active and competitive ladders. Seeing as how last season (s11) BG9 was still one of the most active BGs in terms of the number of teams in the arena system despite Nightfall's popularity, it's reasonable for Snutz to try and promote Bloodlust. Not to mention, BG9 has a history for having major horde servers such as Blackrock and with the increasing number of people who want to go horde for racials, this makes sense to me.

#114 2infinitysv

2infinitysv
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Assassination 2/2/2/1/2/.

Posted 16 September 2012 - 01:52 AM

Such copiers!

#115 Donald

Donald
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 16 September 2012 - 02:01 AM

View PostSanira, on 16 September 2012 - 01:47 AM, said:

The significance of this topic is about the "competition" so we can have active and competitive ladders. Seeing as how last season (s11) BG9 was still one of the most active BGs in terms of the number of teams in the arena system despite Nightfall's popularity, it's reasonable for Snutz to try and promote Bloodlust. Not to mention, BG9 has a history for having major horde servers such as Blackrock and with the increasing number of people who want to go horde for racials, this makes sense to me.
There's a difference between alot of glad spots on a BG and good Qs into good players all the time. Nightfall was where it was at, until idiots decided to xfer places for r1, and of course team sitting kills Qs too. People ninja xferring to Tich for a while now and suddenly coming out with "Hey we're here, come here, too" is really a shitty way for things to have happened, instead of voting before hand. The only history of BG9 that is relevant now is that it is a coast and people don't like coasts compared to central.

Posted Image

#116 Emopandah

Emopandah
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Shadow 0/1/2/1/2/2
  • RBG: 2275
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 16 September 2012 - 02:03 AM

View PostDonald, on 15 September 2012 - 07:41 PM, said:

fkn christ LOL

#117 Icekingx

Icekingx
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Area 52
  • Retaliation
  • Talents: Frost 1/1/0/2/0/2
  • RBG: 2351

Posted 16 September 2012 - 02:03 AM

See this is why you have alts for horde/ally so you can go to w/e maybe the best server/bg and have 1 where you can be on where ever you wanna be.

Rawrbertlol, on 14 June 2013 - 08:41 AM, said:

Best signatures on entire website.
Posted Image

#118 cosi17

cosi17
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Discipline 0/2/1/0/1/.
  • RBG: 768

Posted 16 September 2012 - 02:08 AM

Korgath Ally, Hi

#119 vilye

vilye
  • Junkies

Posted 16 September 2012 - 02:12 AM

mannorth or get shot

#120 Chanimal

Chanimal

Posted 16 September 2012 - 02:39 AM

View PostDonald, on 15 September 2012 - 08:21 PM, said:

Posted Image

u realise the majority of those are bg9
twitch.tv/chanimaly follow me!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<