Wodkar
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Tirion
  • Vengeance / Rache
  • Talents: Marksmanship 0/2/2/1/1/.

Posted 14 September 2012 - 03:29 PM

Hello AJ! :duckers:

I want to Heal in MoP(i healed as a last in s8), but unfortunately I can not decide which class to take. My mate is a Warrior( :warrior: ) and he want to play with a Hunter( :hunter: ) or a Warlock( :warlock: ) and i can choose between:

:druid:  :paladin:  :priest:  :shaman:

I know you still can not say much about MoP, but what are your recommendations

sorry for my bad english but pls help me mates :(

#2 Atxx

Atxx
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/1/1/1/.

Posted 18 September 2012 - 02:29 AM

Resto Druids are looking really strong for this next season, and so are Holy Paladins. I would say both are a strong choice. If you want to run an aggressive control comp I would say Resto Druid, but if you're looking for something a little more paced I would say a Holy Paladin. They are pretty different playstyles and both would work in your situation so just pick the one that you like the most :)

#3 Wodkar

Wodkar
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Tirion
  • Vengeance / Rache

Posted 19 September 2012 - 12:47 PM

View PostAtxx, on 18 September 2012 - 02:29 AM, said:

Resto Druids are looking really strong for this next season, and so are Holy Paladins. I would say both are a strong choice. If you want to run an aggressive control comp I would say Resto Druid, but if you're looking for something a little more paced I would say a Holy Paladin. They are pretty different playstyles and both would work in your situation so just pick the one that you like the most :)

Thanks

but i have one question:
i played for a couple days with my Druid some wargames j4f
and I was just killed in a stun even though I had full hots on me etc
do u think its the same in Mop (90) ? cuz that damage was really crazy lol

#4 Top

• Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:

Posted 19 September 2012 - 08:40 PM

Druids can definitely die in MOP without peels.  Burst is high. Their survivability is still good, but it definitely seemed easier to die as a druid at 90 with full s12 gear than at 85 with full s11 gear.  Warriors doing 80% of your health in a few globals and BM hunters being super broken with lynx rush and stampede doesn't help much for survivability at 90.

As for your comp.  It really depends on what the other dps class is.
War/Hunt is no brainer paladin healer.  It's the new version of "beast cleave".  Paladin timers help that comp a lot more than a druid.  A case can be made for both healers in the war/lock situation.  Lock offers some peels and the potential of two portals for the druid.  It is also not as zergy of a comp as war/hunt as the lock needs some time for dot pressure to ramp up on the other team.

#5 Wodkar

Wodkar
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Tirion
  • Vengeance / Rache

Posted 23 September 2012 - 04:12 PM

Hm kay thx Topthis

and for castercleaves Druids still better than Shamans ?
I didnt seen some resto shamans, and in this contribution was still no one to Shamans but idk i didnt playd in Cataclysm  :( and i had no beta invite for MoP

#6 phunk

phunk
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/2/1/0/0

Posted 23 September 2012 - 09:02 PM

I believe shamans will rule the healer role once again due to warlock and shadowpriest domination the first season. Shamans also got a totem that grants freedom to everyone now which makes them very versitile not to mention tremor every 30 seconds

Edited by phunk, 23 September 2012 - 09:04 PM.

#7 Bracketx

Bracketx
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Area 52
  • Retaliation
  • Talents: Unholy 0/0/0/0/0/1
  • RBG: 192

Posted 24 September 2012 - 12:31 AM

View Postphunk, on 23 September 2012 - 09:02 PM, said:

I believe shamans will rule the healer role once again due to warlock and shadowpriest domination the first season. Shamans also got a totem that grants freedom to everyone now which makes them very versitile not to mention tremor every 30 seconds

This guy is absolutely wrong.

Shaman / Lock has way less synergy than Resto druid / Lock.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Druid, Paladin, Shaman, Priest

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<