Emoeritz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/0/2/2/2/1
  • RBG: 2056

Posted 22 October 2012 - 10:55 PM

Anyone else is experiencing the problem that our 4 piece bonus is not working properly?
I still get silenced or interrupted while the buff is lasting.

#22 Manath

Manath
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aman'Thul
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Frost 1/1/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 1802

Posted 23 October 2012 - 12:32 AM

Anyone else is experiencing the problem that our 4 piece bonus is not working properly?
I still get silenced or interrupted while the buff is lasting.

yes, happens really often. maybe im too stupid to use it correctly, but i just spam the hotkey while in a cc, i get the buff and get a blanket aswell. not that cool.

#23 WildeHilde

WildeHilde
  • Content Editors
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Combat 1/1/2/1/1/0
  • RBG: 2215
  • LocationSouthern Germany

Posted 23 October 2012 - 05:49 AM

Never had that up until now. I only tried to activate it without having Chi and not noticing that in the hectic of the fight. Do you have a screen with the buff and the interrupt?

#24 Zander

Zander
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Frostmane
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/1/2/2/2/2
  • RBG: 192

Posted 23 October 2012 - 08:39 AM

It's been happening to me as well, I'll start taking screenshots. Warrior blanket in particular has done this multiple times off the top of my head.

#25 Manath

Manath
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aman'Thul
  • Raserei / Frenzy

Posted 23 October 2012 - 01:55 PM

yup, will be taking screenshots aswell, should be here tomorrow

#26 Emoeritz

Emoeritz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst

Posted 23 October 2012 - 02:50 PM

I'm pretty sure that you can get silenced after you used Thunder Focus Tea, but I couldn't recreate this event. (note: I only had time for a couple of silence shots from a hunter)

Another thing I noticed that may or may not linked to this problem, is that you can activate Thunder Focus Tea while you're still silenced.
We get the buff but the silence debuff remains till it's gone, that's possible because our Tea is not labeled as cast like roll.
This could give us the impression that we got silenced while our buff was up.
I haven't tried this but imagine that the Weapon Throw or Silence Shot is on it's way to us and we activate our Tea while these are still midair, it's possible that we get silenced due to that fact. (+lag)

It's just a guess right now, and I'm not 100% aware if similar effects have the same problem or if ours work differently.

#27 WildeHilde

WildeHilde
  • Content Editors
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst

Posted 23 October 2012 - 03:30 PM

Got this as PM:

Hey, not sure if anyone else has noticed but theres a 0.4-0.7 second delay after clicking thunder tea that the immunity starts. Its most likely a bug but its there.
Also there seems to be few interrupts that have higher chance of bugging aka hitting you while you actually have zen focus up. One being the interrupt warriors get from the talent.
Sadly cant contribute straight to monk forums for not having access yet at this point of the season and as monk being my main now it might take a while to get 2.4k+ again

Zudaj (Endalien 2450+ last season outland/misery)

#28 Emoeritz

Emoeritz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst

Posted 25 October 2012 - 01:31 PM

Sucks. :/

Hopefully this bug will be history anytime soon.

#29 Tehflayz

Tehflayz
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Burning Legion
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/0/1/2/2
  • LocationFUKN JERSEY

Posted 26 October 2012 - 06:30 AM

So after playing my monk for about a week at level 90, I've come to the conclusion that you could replace a MW monk with any other healer (lol disc) and you'd be much better off.

Pros: Burst healing, mobility, teleports, moderate burst damage, cc.

Cons: Mana, defensive cooldowns, cc-able, very killable.

Comp: BM Hunter, Rogue, MW Monk

Rating: 1950-2100

It's hard to actually write a legitimate review when things are so broken this season. We managed to get to nearly 2100 multiple times, but as soon as people realized that all they had to do was silencing shot me after deterence was down my hunter would drop instantly. Same could be done to our rogue. The arena this season has turned into gibs. Many games have been lost due to a silencing shot-stampede-lynx rush = dead teammate.

As far as actual mechanics go, mana for monks NEEDS to be fixed. I cannot stress this enough, I go oom faster than any other healer in arena. I use my stacks of mana tea, build and use chi as efficiently as possible, and none of it matters. 1-2 minutes into a game and you're struggling to heal your teammates, trying to break away to drink, ultimately losing due to mana.

MW monks don't have many outs for ccs. I find myself being forced into the open to help cc to set up for a kill, which ultimately leads to us losing in the end. I've looked into the 20 yd paralysis, but find leg sweep much more useful. It's hard to not get caught in cc when you're constantly having to bomb heals into your teammates from ridiculous damage from hunters/warriors.

Another thing I've noticed, when people swap to me with cds up there's really nothing I can do. Again, stampede + silencing shot + avatar = dead nearly instantaneously. Can't teleport due to being silenced, the only damage reduction from melee is the stone-skin crap, which only reduces damage by 20%. Leg sweeping the pets and disarming the warrior help, however it only lasts for so long before they're on you again. Spamming healing sphere seems to be the best way to keep myself up, usually coupled with revival due to the sheer amount of damage being put out.

As far as the pros go, they're pretty obvious, everyone says it. Burst healing is nice. Paralysis, leg sweep, disable, disarm, silence, add quite a bit of CC you can throw at the enemy team. However, you need to be up in their face to do it all, which means you quickly become a prime target to be murked.

Damage can be quite good on a MW monk as well. Running in, popping tiger, quickly building up chi and then blackout kicking to get rid of it tends to give good results. Even when I'm forced to heal my teammates the entire team and just have the tiger out I've seen upwards of 3-400k damage in a 1-2 minute match.

I think that's all I have to say for now. The reason I have so much hate for hunter-warrior or hunter-x is because ITS ALL YOU SEE. Hell, even I had to run with a hunter to try to push higher. I ran spriest-feral-monk to 1750 with some friends and quickly got farmed down by more hunters.

TL:DR - I hate hunters. MW monks can be useful, but ultimately should be replaced with any other healer due to the current state of arena.

#30 Zander

Zander
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Frostmane
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/1/2/2/2/2

Posted 27 October 2012 - 12:24 AM

I'm having a lot of fun healing on my mistweaver... glad to hear i'm not the only one having mana issues. Only lost one game due to it so far(2v3... sigh, we were winning) though. Spending conq points on dps gear but I'm going to continue healing as the class is still very fun.

#31 Emoeritz

Emoeritz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst

Posted 27 October 2012 - 09:45 AM

No offense, but you're playing with a hunter and a warrior in 3s, am I right? ^.~

I'll continue to play mistweaver, the ptr patch notes seem quite nice and maybe there will be a fix for our mana as well.
I'm just a little bit concerned that WW would be the better specc for monks right now.

#32 Klonken

Klonken
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Alonsus
  • Cruelty / Crueldad

Posted 28 October 2012 - 06:20 PM

No offense, but you're playing with a hunter and a warrior in 3s, am I right? ^.~

I'll continue to play mistweaver, the ptr patch notes seem quite nice and maybe there will be a fix for our mana as well.
I'm just a little bit concerned that WW would be the better specc for monks right now.

isnt the 35% to get chi instead of 25% kind of a manabuff indirectly?

#33 Nerfmytotems

Nerfmytotems
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Barthilas
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Elemental 0/2/1/2/0/0/1
  • 2v2: 1984
  • 3v3: 1987
  • RBG: 576

Posted 31 October 2012 - 01:24 AM

Regarding the thunderfocus tea and being interupted....

There definatley seems to be a delay but the other problem is you can actually use thunderfocus tea while you are silenced as well so the buff goes on while you are still silenced...when you factor in lag it can be rather frustraiting....

I feel i have a pretty solid grasp on the monk heals now so if i get some time i might put a guide up soonish.

#34 Apocolyt

Apocolyt
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Protection

Posted 31 October 2012 - 11:06 AM

I just thought i'd come here and tell people the comps iv'e had success with this season. Iv'e already played around about 1200 arena games on my monk trying a variety of diffrent comps so i'll list what worked for me and hopefully monks can get higher in the ladder
Monk/Spriest/Mage -> Very Viable (With Mindz/Ojmarmz)
Monk/Spriest/Warr -> Not really too viable (With Mindz/Hulkirl)
Monk/Spriest/Rogue -> not viable rogue dies (With Mindz/Harashi)
Monk/Spriest/Boomkin -> not viable games go to like 45mins every time (With Mindz/lazerx)
Monk/Spriest/DK -> not viable dk just gets shredded by any melee cleave (With Mindz/Biotoxz)
Monk/Mage/Warr -> most viable comp iv'e played so far (With Vargasz/Ojmarmz)
Monk/Bm/arms -> Viable, but i hate myself for playing it (With random scrubs)
Monk/Feral/Lock -> Not really too viable

Iv'e tryed to test as many comps as i can with glad/r1 players to work out what i will actually end up running this season; i have Vod's of our games as Warr/Mage/Monk with Ojmarmz/Vargasz from warr PoV if anyone wants to see them they are Here:
http://www.twitch.tv...asz/b/337531444 (from around 44mins+)

#35 Klonken

Klonken
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Alonsus
  • Cruelty / Crueldad

Posted 31 October 2012 - 02:51 PM

new changes, seems like the mana changes came :P

#36 WildeHilde

WildeHilde
  • Content Editors
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst

Posted 31 October 2012 - 03:03 PM

Good step to move away from Healing Sphere as the main healing spell against burst. Still think we need something that allows us to play in melee range. Maybe an active Dematerialize with a higher cooldown.

#37 Emoeritz

Emoeritz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst

Posted 31 October 2012 - 10:34 PM

The mana tea and the haste change seem kinda strange.

Using crit to help us with our mana feels somewhat inconsistent and the haste buff is nice but it's not really a desirable stat in PvP. (idk about PvE)

Powerstrikes could be nice now.
Don't get me wrong Chi Brew is nice and I like it when I play WW and need some chi for a stun, touch of karma or something else immediately, but as mistweaver? Our burst healing is not really chi dependent and our options to effectively use 4 chi are limited.
A constant gain of chi would be a lot better for us than 4 chi on demand, in my opinion.

Btw. Chi Brew and Thunder Focus Tea shouldn't break Soothing Mist.

#38 Manath

Manath
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aman'Thul
  • Raserei / Frenzy

Posted 02 November 2012 - 01:27 PM

and casts shouldnt be cancelled when the life cocoon expires, also dumb.

#39 Emoeritz

Emoeritz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst

Posted 03 November 2012 - 01:35 AM

The upcoming nerfes for MW on PTR are a joke. :o

Changes seem kinda random.

#40 Pandalol

Pandalol
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Balance 0/0/2/1/2/2
  • RBG: 2357

Posted 04 November 2012 - 11:03 PM

I just thought i'd come here and tell people the comps iv'e had success with this season. Iv'e already played around about 1200 arena games on my monk trying a variety of diffrent comps so i'll list what worked for me and hopefully monks can get higher in the ladder
Monk/Spriest/Mage -> Very Viable (With Mindz/Ojmarmz)
Monk/Spriest/Warr -> Not really too viable (With Mindz/Hulkirl)
Monk/Spriest/Rogue -> not viable rogue dies (With Mindz/Harashi)
Monk/Spriest/Boomkin -> not viable games go to like 45mins every time (With Mindz/lazerx)
Monk/Spriest/DK -> not viable dk just gets shredded by any melee cleave (With Mindz/Biotoxz)
Monk/Mage/Warr -> most viable comp iv'e played so far (With Vargasz/Ojmarmz)
Monk/Bm/arms -> Viable, but i hate myself for playing it (With random scrubs)
Monk/Feral/Lock -> Not really too viable

Iv'e tryed to test as many comps as i can with glad/r1 players to work out what i will actually end up running this season; i have Vod's of our games as Warr/Mage/Monk with Ojmarmz/Vargasz from warr PoV if anyone wants to see them they are Here:
http://www.twitch.tv...asz/b/337531444 (from around 44mins+)

Fadezz ran Monk/Feral/Lock to 2300 mmr with like 3 losses. Its far from "not really too viable."

Heres his armory: http://us.battle.net...oreudirl/simple
Copy it you little nooblets.

Edited by Pandalol, 05 November 2012 - 12:08 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<