Udderly
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 1918

Posted 03 September 2012 - 05:22 PM

Howdy - I'm a long time AJ reader and I've recently decided to start up a site/blog dedicated to all things moonkin and pvp.  The site is called lazerchicken.com and it's up and running as of now.  I still have some work to go on some sections (videos, synergy) but there is a lot of info up for folks who are interested in understanding the spec a bit more when it isn't something they are super familiar with.

I'm sure some of what I've written will be boring to your typical high level player, as I've been writing thus far to go over basics and the major changes going into MoP.  Anyone who is just curious about moonkin or wants to try their luck with lazers can get a good start here.  

Below, I've pasted in a part of one of my guides (MoP Talents).  Hopefully you enjoy, and feel free to leave any useful feedback.  I appreciate all the help players who've made guides and how they have helped me (I'm currently a 2k player) and I am interested in doing the same for other folks - so also feel free to ask away if you have any questions.  Thanks!

Tier 1 - Mobility
I know a lot of people have said "wild charge or bust", but after the change to displacer beast, I'm not as sold as other people on it being the only option.  Being able to restealth, even if it breaks on dots, could work well against some teams when you don't have dots ticking on you (frost mage, hunter) - and the cd is only 30 secs now.  There is also the posssiblity of using it to land a pounce on a target, since there is a delay on the dot tick and it breaking stealth, but that will have to be played around with.  It definitely seems like Wild Charge will be the choice most of the time, but there can be some ways to surpise your enemy by playing around with it.  I did play with having the 15% all the time increase and since it stacks with other increases, it can be a quite nice way to just stay very mobile.

Tier 2 - Healing
As much as I'd like to say there is a choice, this one is a no brainer.  1 minute Nature's Swiftness with a 50% increase on any heal it's used on is humungous.  Reports from beta are giving us 90k NS and rejuv that ticks for 9k and crits for almost 20k.  Quite a bump from our really mediocre cata healing.  It's also great for that instant clone when someone pops all their cds on you and you can't cast.  

Tier 2 - Anti-melee
This tier gives you a bunch of ways to keep that pesky rogue or warrior from smashing your face in.  Typhoon is the best of the bunch most often, especially when you are on Blade's Edge or Dalaran (man that Ret is gonna be pissed!).  Knocking back a dk can give you the room to get that clone off on him without getting interrupted.  It's also great for an interrupt in a pinch.  Faerie Swarm looks to be a great peel for your healer when they are getting trained.  Being able to keep a 50% slow on a melee while your shaman goes ghost wolf can be pretty awesome.  I would call it situational, now that we can tell who our opponents are before starting a match.  Mass Entanglment looks cool, but the 2 minute cd makes it pretty prohibitive to use.

Tier 4 - DPS
This is the first tier that gives you a change to your DPS.  Force of Nature is similar to our old trees, except they now cast wrath, hit a lot harder, and are only on a one minute cd.  Could be really annoying when playing with other pet classes to have that many pets on a healer.  Soul of the Forest is a pick it and forget it talent.  It helps you get to your eclipse faster but you don't have any control over it.  A good pick for someone learning Moonkin, but the other two give you much more burst potential.  Incarnation looks pretty beast.  25% increased eclipse damage for thirty seconds is a lot of damage for a long time.  Line this up with an on use trinket and your partners cd's and you could be doing a disgusting amount of burst.  Not to mention the sweet armor it puts on your character during the cd.

Tier 5 - CC
This is a really fun tier.  Bash is the same as our old ability except you can use it in ANY FORM!  Pretty great if you don't play with a stun class.  Disorienting Roar is basically a slightly longer cd Dragon's Breath that doesn't have a directional requirement.  If you are getting trained a lot, this can be a great peel, as well as a way to setup clone/roots chains.  Keep in mind that unlike Dragon's Breath, this does break on dot damage.  Ursol's Vortex is probably the most fun, especially combined with someone else's CC.  Frost Nova with a Vortex on top sounds amazing.

Tier 6 - Hybrid
This is where we remember that we aren't just a pure lazer turret class.  Nature's Vigil gives you the ability to do some healing while putting out more pressure.  This could be a great cd to turn the tides when you're team is getting behind.  All of a sudden the other team is taking monster damage and you're team is getting healed back up.  Dream of Cenarius seems like the best of the bunch.  With rejuv already being so strong, having a 30% buff to it nearly everytime you use it (because you'll have just been dps'ing before) could be amazing.  Heart of the Wild only seems useful to me if you play a long game and need to let your healer drink while you heal, or for spamming heals during heavy damage (like during those triple dps scum popping all their cds).  If triple dps stays into the next expac as viable, I can see this being the counter talent to them, allowing you to /guffaw them all day, erry day.

#2 Udderly

Udderly
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:

Posted 03 September 2012 - 08:14 PM

Thanks for the tips those are good points!  I didn't realize the image took time to download instead of appearing instantly, I'll definitely take a look this week to get something that loads better.  The writing tip is a good point - keep it short and sweet, thanks man.

#3 Schimon

Schimon
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Mannoroth
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents:

Posted 03 September 2012 - 10:59 PM

really good read, but you need to add a mouseover tooltip to glyphs, spells etc to make it easier to read.

#4 Udderly

Udderly
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:

Posted 04 September 2012 - 03:49 AM

I'm in the works with the hosting site trying to get them to do it.  Part of the site is built on templates and I couldn't get tooltips to work on my own.  I will try to get that solved this week, thanks for the feedback!

#5 Creamo

Creamo
  • Junkies
  • Worgenclass_name
  • US-Frostmane
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: Balance 1/0/2/2/1/0
  • 2v2: 1602

Posted 05 September 2012 - 01:09 PM

Once I tried 15% speed talent I never looked back.

#6 vettigeswa

vettigeswa
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Steamwheedle Cartel
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Balance

Posted 05 September 2012 - 06:22 PM

1 remark: incarnation only gives armor as resto iirc. I can check it later

#7 livejamie

livejamie
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/2/0/0/1
  • 2v2: 2215
  • 3v3: 2627
  • 5v5: 2105
  • RBG: 2046
  • LocationSan Francisco

Posted 05 September 2012 - 06:43 PM

View Postvettigeswa, on 05 September 2012 - 06:22 PM, said:

1 remark: incarnation only gives armor as resto iirc. I can check it later

Unless he's talking from a visual standpoint.

@OP I also think Displacer Beast is the goto talent there.
Posted Image

#8 Udderly

Udderly
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:

Posted 06 September 2012 - 04:58 AM

I've messed around a bunch with both the 15% speed boost and wild charge and so far I'm really enjoying being super fast for bgs (since it stacks with your boot chant).  I anticipate wild charge being way better in arena, but still lots of testing to go.

Will be updating with a new article on the site each weekend - keep taking a look!

And yes, I was talking visual on incarnation - its just an awesome looking effect, on top of the sick burst addition

#9 YndigoDS

YndigoDS
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Frostmane
  • Misery
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 960

Posted 06 September 2012 - 11:18 AM

would deffo look into a new backround, otherwise looks good :)
Posted Image

#10 Udderly

Udderly
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:

Posted 08 September 2012 - 07:38 PM

New post and Synergy section is up!  Have a look and expect updates each Saturday.  

Will try and get a new image up ASAP, and still working on tooltips with the web hosting service.

Thanks for all the feedback, hope you enjoy.  =D

#11 Jacquelol

Jacquelol
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Restoration 1/2/2/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 1053
  • 3v3: 192
  • LocationNORSWE

Posted 10 September 2012 - 12:01 PM

didnt read the text, but checked the page DEF a new background needed!
Jacquel "The Druid" is currently not playing wow.

Shout out too Lunor for being the most amazing friend one can have.

Shout out too Hyuru the most amazing, friendly and nice person ive met on AJ
Shout out too Ardnut the second most amazing and friendly person ive met on AJ
¯\_(ツ)_/¯  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯

#12 Udderly

Udderly
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:

Posted 01 November 2012 - 03:49 AM

New post up today (may not show up right away, depends how long tumblr takes to refresh) on some of my take aways so far on pvp in general and some moonkin specifics

I plan on doing some specific strats and tactics in the near future.  Hope you enjoy!

#13 Udderly

Udderly
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:

Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:16 PM

New post up on lazerchicken.com on the fun times of playing Resto, while we wait for 5.1 war/mage/hunter nerfs!  Enjoy.

#14 dijitaled

dijitaled
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Azjol-Nerub
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Arms 0/1/1/1/1/0
  • RBG: 1666

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:09 AM

i love the name

#15 Udderly

Udderly
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:

Posted 15 December 2012 - 03:39 AM

New post up on some changes I think would be great (though not likely).  Take a look tonight!
Lazerchicken.com

Thanks.

#16 Udderly

Udderly
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:

Posted 21 December 2012 - 06:43 AM

New post up on dealing with being trained as a moonkin.  Enjoy and appreciate any conversation started.

Have a great holiday everyone!

• Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Twisting Nether
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Unholy 2/0/2/0/0/2
  • RBG: 1866

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:55 PM

It's probably just preference, but the font which causes the 'e's in the text to look smaller than all of the other letters is pretty annoying to me.
Posted Image

#18 Udderly

Udderly
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:

Posted 28 December 2012 - 08:43 PM

Wow that's really bizarre, I never noticed that before.  Thanks for the headsup Applebloom!

#19 Udderly

Udderly
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:

Posted 28 December 2012 - 08:43 PM

New post up today on my reactions to 5.2 PTR notes for Moonkin.  Might take a little while to pop up (it doesn't refresh instantly) but should be up soon!

Have a great new year!

#20 Udderly

Udderly
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:

Posted 28 December 2012 - 08:46 PM

View Postnoobie25, on 28 December 2012 - 04:55 PM, said:

It's probably just preference, but the font which causes the 'e's in the text to look smaller than all of the other letters is pretty annoying to me.

I changed the font today, let me know if you see any other issues.  Appreciate the feedback

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<