I would like to get other peoples thoughts on elemental's viability for 5.04 and MOP.
I feel like this is the best patch for ele PvP since season 6 but... who knows...
Ive been doing a number of BGs and dominating pretty much every BG (Top kills, top damage and top heals...) and i have been feeling that ele is alot stronger. The only thing with normal BG's as we know that the quality of players can be pretty average to say the least and i havent done any wargames yet.
I used to struggle against DK's one on one but havent run into that problem yet since the patch (probably due to necrotic strike nerf)... but i feel i can compete a bit more due to the amount of burst (50% mastery) and self healing and absorbs.... compared to patch 4.3
Im curious if anyone has tried Arena in MOP or even some wargames in 5.04 as ele?
Some (not all) of the positives which has really help are...
- our healing (HST & HTT) and absorb totems (SBT) help us to have some form of self healing which we never really had before so any class could grind us down and have some non interuptable heals (totems)
- Strong self heals (done 80k crits @ 85) obviously will be toned down at 90
- Consistant instant Lava Burst procs
- Purge (being able to purge 2 buffs again)
- Instant hex (lifesaving)
- 8 second CD on dispells (for flameshock)
- potential shorter grounding/tremor CD due to totemic restoration
- level 90 4 set pvp reduces thunderstorm CD by 50% (obviousy not on live yet)
- Capaicator totem (old fire nova totem is back )
Some nerfs have noticed is.
- No more lava flows
- SBT is on a 1 min CD but does absorb more (can be dispelled)
- Earthgrab has a 30 second CD (lasts longer and grabs on every tick if they havent been affected yet)
but for the most part ele still has the same playstyle but just a little bit more totem management.
the talents and glyphs i am running are..
- Stone Bulwark Totem (SBT)
- Earthgrab Totem (EGT)
- Totemic Restoration
- Ancestral Swiftness
- Healing Tide Totem (HTT)
- Unleash Lightning
With all of this i actually feel like ele is back to its good old days almost but my mates keep trying to tell me that ele is weakest of all the casters again in PVP.. i tend to disagree but when u look at the PvE damage Ele is SOOOOO Far behind the pack...our dps has gone down in pve since the patch...there has even been blue posts about that.
Curious to see what other peoples thoughts and experiences are from both sides of the fence (playing as or playing against elemental)
Edited by Nerfmytotems, 31 August 2012 - 04:56 AM.