hypermode_4274975
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Elemental 1/1/0/0/0/0
  • RBG: 2309

Posted 29 August 2012 - 08:30 PM

Hi there, been trying around abit today & the best possible setup I came up with is http://www.wowhead.c...lent#sX5|Gpm0Mm mostly because I hate to be reliable on something so easily stomped as totems, even if they have 10% of my health, anyone experiences something else being good?

#2 lozo

lozo
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Burning Legion
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Elemental 2/2/1/2/0/.

Posted 30 August 2012 - 11:33 PM

Wowhead talent link is bugged for me and shows some random talents all the time, so I decided to make a screenshot:

Posted Image

1) Stone Bulwark Totem
For me, it's obvious choice due to great synergy with Totemic Restoration. Also scales with SP.
Astral Shift seems to be nice too, but unfortunately I'm not sure if you can use it while stunned (I highly doubt it). 6s duartion on 2min cooldown is just too short.

2) Windwalk Totem
6 sec freedom on 1min cooldown might be really cool if used with spiritwalk (5s aura mastery thing with 4p pvp set) if you need to get away from bad spot with low HP.

3) Totemic Restoration
Best talent ever.
If used properly, you can ground a spell every ~9-10 seconds (I've just tested it).
Additionally, if you use this script (each line can be macroed separately) you can have reduced cooldown on every totem and save GCD:
/script DestroyTotem(1);
/script DestroyTotem(2);
/script DestroyTotem(3);
/script DestroyTotem(4);
1=Fire
2=Earth
3=Water
4=Air

You can use tremor macro and reduce its cd to 30s.
Works well with Spirit Link too. You can use SLT for just one tick every ~1.5min.
Stone Bulwark can be used every 30s for initial absorb (you'll loose those smaller absorbs though, but it doesn't matter that much).

4) Ancestral Swiftness
Revamped NS with 5% extra haste and 1min cooldown.
Obviously best choice, as you can use it when you need that extra instant heal (not like that RNG echo of the elements).

5) Healing Tide Totem
Conductivity sucks, Ancestral Guidance can be strong but you are forced to cast, but Healing Tide is still the best. Passive extra strong healing is what you really need. Great synergy with Totemic Restoration, as you can dismis your Healing Tide when you are safe and have its cooldown reduced a lil' bit.

6) Unleashed Fury
Form Elitist Jerks:

Unleashed fury will add to your next direct heal a 50% bonus upon your 30% bonus your unleash life brings. Note that unleash life is applied on the shaman whereas unleash fury on the target and that if used together and not separately the buffs are multiplicative. If used on cooldown and its healing doesn't result to overhealing this talent brings a slightly higher thoughput compared to Primal Elementalist in regards to direct heals.

Alcohol may not solve your problems, but neither will faith.

#3 Korzul

Korzul
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 2258
  • 3v3: 2682
  • RBG: 576

Posted 31 August 2012 - 12:29 AM

Level 30 talents are comp specific. Play a comp with lots of roots and windwalk might prove to be best, any comp lacking on roots and frozen power is amazing, sadly earthgrab isn't great as you don't rambo into teams to drop it without leaving yourself in a horrible spot. I've been loving frozen power recently

Grounding totem acts strangley with Totamic restoration - Most of the time it won't reset the cd too half when it's destroyed by an enemy spell and the rest of the time it does. Not worked out why and what spells cause this yet.
Totamic Restoration is still a great talent though considering everyone with any sense will kill our HST and HTT totem asap when dropped + tremor recalling.

Projection i haven't tried, as you'd only really want it for capacitor and i've not wargamed with any comps lacking stuns.

HTT is our best spell by far - We'll always take this

1 min cd Ancestral Swiftness - again the obvious choice

I've been using stone bulwark and i like it thus far, i predict changing this most games depending on what comps we face. If nature's guardian will save you from those dance/charge-throwdown switches then cool. If not then i'll take bulwark

#4 phunk

phunk
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/2/1/0/0

Posted 31 August 2012 - 12:35 AM

I really like using earthgrab + that new totem that stuns when swapped to though...

#5 Jackow

Jackow
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/1/1/0/.

Posted 31 August 2012 - 04:25 AM

Totemic restoration seems really buggy in general on live with all totems. Sometimes it wont reduce cds when you destroy a totem and sometimes it will.

Also earth shield is now purgeable (the entire stack in 1 purge), I hope they reverse this change

Edited by Jackow, 31 August 2012 - 04:27 AM.

#6 Kosherz

Kosherz
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/2/1/0/0
  • RBG: 2346

Posted 31 August 2012 - 06:20 AM

I have been liking Windwalk Totem, will most likely be the best since dispel has 8sec CD. Using capacitor Totem glyph'd with Totemic Projection will be really strong also.

#7 Askadionx

Askadionx
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Restoration 1/2/2/1/0/0

Posted 31 August 2012 - 07:18 AM

View PostJackow, on 31 August 2012 - 04:25 AM, said:

Totemic restoration seems really buggy in general on live with all totems. Sometimes it wont reduce cds when you destroy a totem and sometimes it will.

Also earth shield is now purgeable (the entire stack in 1 purge), I hope they reverse this change
I just hope its a bug cause when it was actually purgable you couldnt purge the whole stack in 1 purge but in multiple ( number of stacks at the time).

#8 mukuld50

mukuld50
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Magtheridon
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Elemental ./././././.
  • RBG: 2666

Posted 31 August 2012 - 08:38 AM

View PostJackow, on 31 August 2012 - 04:25 AM, said:

Ive noticed that if it is like killed by an instant (moonfire or something) then the CD doesnt reduce most of the time.  Really annoying!

#9 mukuld50

mukuld50
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Magtheridon
  • Ruin

Posted 31 August 2012 - 08:40 AM

Also on topic, only thing that I have chosen differently (for now) is Earthgrab totem.  I am really loving the Earthgrab / Stun totem combo on healers.  Especially if you do it inbetween their dispel cooldown, and place it just far enough that they cannot melee the stun totem down.

#10 Jackow

Jackow
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone

Posted 31 August 2012 - 08:57 AM

View PostAskadionx, on 31 August 2012 - 07:18 AM, said:

I just hope its a bug cause when it was actually purgable you couldnt purge the whole stack in 1 purge but in multiple ( number of stacks at the time).
I don't think its a bug, they originally changed earth shield to be not purgeable because the earth shield stacks were way too good purge protection, and before that earth shield was like it currently is where the whole buff was removed with 1 purge. Either way i hope they just make it a non magic buff like it was because theres no penalty for purging it as is (caster dps don't go oom) like there is for purging blooms, and if they made it the way you suggested, it would be op purge protection.

@mugems, Ya I've noticed it normally only bugs on instant spells with grounding, but when you kill a tremor or slt after the first tick sometimes the cd isn't reduced, a bug obviously since it works most of the time.

Also thanks totemosaur for the totem killing script, feels so much less clunky than using totemic recall every time you want to kill a totem.

The only thing I don't agree with is stone bulwark over natures guardian. With the buff of NG to 25% hp up from 15% its roughly a 37-38k heal on live with the full life stacking buff. Thats the same cd as stone bulwark if you instantly destroy it, but bulwark only absorbs like 22k

Edited by Jackow, 31 August 2012 - 09:06 AM.

#11 Hexur

Hexur
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Elemental 0/2/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 2441
  • 3v3: 2914
  • 5v5: 960
  • RBG: 1964

Posted 31 August 2012 - 10:39 AM

I like Totemic Projection aswell, it's pretty tricky to use Capacitor Totem with this, just place it to the enemy in the last moment so they can't kill it and it's not even a global :)
or you can root the enemy from range aswell with Earthgrab Totem

#12 hypermode_4274975

hypermode_4274975
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Elemental 1/1/0/0/0/0
  • RBG: 2309

Posted 31 August 2012 - 11:26 AM

View PostJackow, on 31 August 2012 - 08:57 AM, said:

I don't think its a bug, they originally changed earth shield to be not purgeable because the earth shield stacks were way too good purge protection, and before that earth shield was like it currently is where the whole buff was removed with 1 purge. Either way i hope they just make it a non magic buff like it was because theres no penalty for purging it as is (caster dps don't go oom) like there is for purging blooms, and if they made it the way you suggested, it would be op purge protection.

The only thing I don't agree with is stone bulwark over natures guardian. With the buff of NG to 25% hp up from 15% its roughly a 37-38k heal on live with the full life stacking buff. Thats the same cd as stone bulwark if you instantly destroy it, but bulwark only absorbs like 22k

I disagree about the earthshield change, I looked up the patch notes for this patch and nowhere it mentions making earthshield dispellable. This really renders shamans much worse against cc chains as people will just purge of our hots & eartshield, especially now that purge (not sure about other magic removal talents) now removes 2 magic effects instead of one.

The last time the entire stack of ES was dispellable with 1 purge was in tbc, which led to massive outcry amongst shamans and blizzard admitted it was bad design and changed it.

I personally wouldn't really mind if earthshield became purgable, as long as you would have to purge each of the 9 stacks seperately.

I agree on your assesment of Nature's Guardian, right now it is just so good to always have a ''last stand'' whenever you need it up.
Whereas stonewall just doesn't seem to do that much, especially since you would have to preempt a swap on yourself, and we alr have both riptide & es to cast on yourself if you see a swap comming.

I think that earthgrab totem is really good, especially when playing with a mage because atm they need al the help peeling they can get.
Also it works really well with putting a capacitator totem down and then rooting a healer out of los. Guaranteeing a 10-second cc chain just by yourself, which doesn't share DR with hex.

Could someone maybe test if ancestral swiftness is usable while stunned?

I think the 45, 60 and 75 talents are prettymuch nobrainers and since healing tide is castable while silenced and gives so much healing it makes you practically unkillable for the duration I think everyone will end up having this unless its healing output is nerfed.

I like the idea of cancelling totems for a reduced cooldown, but i doubt blizzard will allow it, it is just the kind of ''skillful'' gameplay that they are trying to remove aswell that I dont think its intentional to do it, but then I again I might be wrong.

So for now my Setup would be
1. Nature's Guardian
2. Earthgrab Totem
3. Totemic Restoration
4. Ancestral Swiftness
5. Healing Tide Totem

#13 hearthadinlol

hearthadinlol
  • Kaska
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/1/1/0/0
  • RBG: 192

Posted 31 August 2012 - 12:00 PM

View Postmukuld50, on 31 August 2012 - 08:40 AM, said:

Also on topic, only thing that I have chosen differently (for now) is Earthgrab totem.  I am really loving the Earthgrab / Stun totem combo on healers.  Especially if you do it inbetween their dispel cooldown, and place it just far enough that they cannot melee the stun totem down.

Frozen power + totem projection+capacitator totem is pretty much a 30 yrd aoe hoj if you time it right, also mages can deep/shatter off the novas.

+ earthgrab totem on healers would mean youre ontop of them, thats not always easy

Edited by hearthadinlol, 31 August 2012 - 12:01 PM.

Posted Image

#14 Jackow

Jackow
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone

Posted 31 August 2012 - 12:03 PM

View Posthypermode_4274975, on 31 August 2012 - 11:26 AM, said:

I disagree about the earthshield change, I looked up the patch notes for this patch and nowhere it mentions making earthshield dispellable. This really renders shamans much worse against cc chains as people will just purge of our hots & eartshield, especially now that purge (not sure about other magic removal talents) now removes 2 magic effects instead of one.

The last time the entire stack of ES was dispellable with 1 purge was in tbc, which led to massive outcry amongst shamans and blizzard admitted it was bad design and changed it.

I personally wouldn't really mind if earthshield became purgable, as long as you would have to purge each of the 9 stacks seperately.

I'm not saying I agree with the change, but it just doesn't seem like a bug unless they somehow accidentally coded earth shield as a magic buff. They should not make earth shield purgeable as individual stacks either though, it was like that in wotlk and it was extremely overpowered when it came to purging something (thats why warrior rsham hpally worked because you had barely any shot of purging freedom through earth shield). I hope they change it back to being undispelable.

I personally think the aoe freedom totem is much better if you play with a mage. With the new dispel, novas will stick a lot more and I'm sure earth bind root drs with their novas. However, root and capacitor totem have great synergy together, but i see capacitor being really situational when people figure out all the new totems they need to kill. Should be very good for stunning out of sheeps though or even dr stunning out of other stuns.

#15 cameronlol

cameronlol
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Blood Furnace
  • Retaliation
  • Talents: Elemental

Posted 31 August 2012 - 12:47 PM

Shamans are going to be lots of fun to play in MOP. I just hope we aren't underpowered for whatever reason (no beta exp).
Posted Image

#16 mukuld50

mukuld50
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Magtheridon
  • Ruin

Posted 31 August 2012 - 10:14 PM

View Posthearthadinlol, on 31 August 2012 - 12:00 PM, said:

Frozen power + totem projection+capacitator totem is pretty much a 30 yrd aoe hoj if you time it right, also mages can deep/shatter off the novas.

+ earthgrab totem on healers would mean youre ontop of them, thats not always easy

Earthgrab has a lot more added utility though.  I really cant see much use for totemic projection outside of capacitor.

#17 breuerx

breuerx
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Cenarius
  • Whirlwind
  • 2v2: 1944
  • 3v3: 2185

Posted 31 August 2012 - 10:40 PM

Also earth shield is now purgeable (the entire stack in 1 purge)

I hope Blizzard changes this!!!!!!
Hoz fails with his lock.

#18 Evolute

Evolute
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • LocationCanada

Posted 01 September 2012 - 04:41 AM

View Postmukuld50, on 31 August 2012 - 10:14 PM, said:

Earthgrab has a lot more added utility though.  I really cant see much use for totemic projection outside of capacitor.

Yes, but the 5 second aoe 'targeted' stun is a huuge thing to gain. Especially because it can go through things like AMS (and cloak?) and makes peeling for people in smoke bombs a joke.

It's gonna be a comp specific choice~

Posted Image

#19 Korzul

Korzul
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • 2v2: 2258
  • 3v3: 2682
  • RBG: 576

Posted 01 September 2012 - 10:54 AM

I don't understand the love for earthbind over frozen power. The only time i can see it being better is when 2 melee are trying to train you and you can root both at once. Apart from that i'd rather have a 30 yard range on demand root where i DON'T have to rambo next to someone to apply it.
Good fear pathing on an ememy player? Follow up with a 5 sec root out of LoS (then another one to be annoying)
Playing with a rogue? AoE stealth, sap one - frost shock warrior to prevent charge peel - spank 3rd
Playing with a mage? Free shatter/deep
Screwing healers over after they dispel with a root so they can't position as they'd like etc

And all from a relatively safe distance. You can still frozen power root into capacitor.

As for capacitor, it will ofc be comp specific and may even be worth dropping the hex glyph for (don't think i'll give up ghostwolf and purge vs any team bar some random wierd trip dps comp without the tons of buffs/hots every healer can bring) but it again requires projection to have ANY chance of working vs a decent team. 5 hp - massive charge time etc, even in the current wargames we do people one shot it with mouseovers already.

I will be trying it i guess vs teams without a short cooldown fear, but with the state of blood fear and psyfiend... i'd rather use the
/cast Tremor Totem
/script DestroyTotem(2);
macro with totamic restoration (totem(2) seems to be earth), also i don't want to tremor then remove all my totems with the macro above (destroy totem 1-4) if i have healing stream/HTT out (still requires a double click to destroy tremor which is good).

I'm doubting /script DestroyTotem(2) will be usable for long however.

The good thing is shamans seem to have some pretty sweet options. And with the whole "seeing enemy comp before the gates open" theres no more picking a spec and hoping (shear vs wolf).

Plus even if our healings terrible for some reason purge+stormlash may just be enough to make us viable in at least a couple of comps.

All in all, apart from mages being able to kill anything alone (those shatters :<) in all the wargames i've played as quite a variety of comps ranging from kfc to spell cleaves/rls etc it's still engaging enough and we have enough different things to keep track of/do to make it interesting and fun still.

Edited by Korzul, 01 September 2012 - 12:03 PM.

#20 hearthadinlol

hearthadinlol
  • Kaska
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/1/1/0/0

Posted 01 September 2012 - 12:11 PM

View Postmukuld50, on 31 August 2012 - 10:14 PM, said:

i guess, on some maps you can move your totems ontop of things melee cant hit and move your grounding up or hide your elemental totem.. ill have to try earthgrab
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<