#22 tika

tika
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 0/0/2/2/2/1

Posted 30 August 2012 - 02:28 AM

I agree our class is boring to play right now and feels slow paced with the aspects on the gcd, but did you honestly have to make a thread complaining about a patch that won't even last a month?

Besides, aspects are off gcd again and we're getting some dmg buffs for the other specs. Just wait it out and wait untill the product is actually finished before you start complaining.

Hunter

Arcane Shot weapon damage increased to 100% from 75%. Additional damage increased by 76%.

Aspect of the Beast no longer has a cooldown.
Aspect of the Cheetah no longer has a cooldown.
Aspect of the Fox no longer has a cooldown.
Aspect of the Hawk no longer has a cooldown.
Aspect of the Pack no longer has a cooldown.

Kill Shot weapon damage increased to 420%, up from 300%.

Marksmanship

Careful Aim now grants 75% crit, up from 60%.

Survival

Explosive Shot damage increased by ~5%.

Edited by tika, 30 August 2012 - 02:44 AM.

Posted Image

#23 Hackattack3

Hackattack3
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Destruction 1/2/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1609
  • 3v3: 1792
  • RBG: 2050

Posted 30 August 2012 - 04:12 AM

View Postsudar, on 30 August 2012 - 01:08 AM, said:

the game is fine 10/10

This, I'm actually really impressed with the changes and feel they look promising.  Damage will get tuned whatever, I like the flexibility and play style.  Only tried MM and surv so far.  Looking forward to trying a MM recovery build just to goof around, you can get between 25-30% healing every 10 sec.

#24 Hackattack3

Hackattack3
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone

Posted 30 August 2012 - 04:48 AM

Another example for people to lol at,

My serpent sting ticks for more than explosive shot :D

#25 Kerzen

Kerzen
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Discipline 0/0/2/0/2/.

Posted 30 August 2012 - 05:34 AM

Not to offend anyone, but why discuss damage wise? This game is atm in a state of max geared twinks running around in insane percentages of resilience etc. Scaling won't be there before we hit level 90.

#26 Zong

Zong
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Frostmourne
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 30 August 2012 - 09:17 AM

Survival does not seem that bad at all, maybe not quite as overpowered as BM, the only real thing I miss is intimidation. Don't know what OP is on about. Damage has been moved off Explosive Shot as far as I can tell, don't know if that's intended or what, but even so I was able to keep up in damage-wise in most BGs, only locks and spriests above me, occasionally a boomy. Topped KBs easily. Arcane shot/BA/SSting can hit really hard as surv with mastery buff, and with Fervor(and probably TotH) I rarely had to even switch to Fox..

Hint: use a cat if you can't get a mastery buff, the mastery boost is insane for survival.

I really think Survival could turn out to be a good armor-penetration spec, lots of high magic damage now that BA and SS are scaling(hopefully the damage is comparable at 90 as well)

Have not tested MM yet.

BM is clunky as I've said before, OP a bit, lots of stuns, knockbacks, silences.

All in all I have actually enjoyed my time playing survival a lot more because I didn't have to deal with the pet bullshit.

Edited by Zong, 30 August 2012 - 10:06 AM.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#27 Jokerplex

Jokerplex
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Marksmanship 2/0/0/2/1/1

Posted 30 August 2012 - 10:07 AM

I generally just wanted to make a thread expressing my opinions about the Current state, and hear others. Hunter forum pretty dead

#28 sudar

sudar
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 2334
  • Locationgreenbank military base brisbane

Posted 30 August 2012 - 10:14 AM

play bm?? pwn people?? wait for 90 if you want a balanced game

#29 Zong

Zong
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Frostmourne
  • Bloodlust

Posted 30 August 2012 - 10:17 AM

View PostJokerplex, on 30 August 2012 - 10:07 AM, said:

I generally just wanted to make a thread expressing my opinions about the Current state, and hear others. Hunter forum pretty dead

Lol fair enough. You should give Surv another chance though, watch your AS/SS damage, that's why explosive shot doesn't hit as hard.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#30 Jokerplex

Jokerplex
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery

Posted 30 August 2012 - 10:21 AM

yeah, i was looking at the damage on a full geareed rdruid.

I saw 3k explosive shot non crits

and respec'd

Then i looked at the instant damage from SS and it was pretty decent but i didnt try BA much

#31 Klonken

Klonken
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Alonsus
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/0/2/2/2/1
  • RBG: 192

Posted 30 August 2012 - 12:02 PM

the main thing i dont like about survival is that explosive trap and black arrow sharing cooldown, which makes the explosive trap kind of useless ..
i really feel like thrill of the hunt is made for survival tho, since with that + lock and load u wont really need to cast that much cobra shots, and multi shot is also really good when ppl are bunched up to apply serpent sting with ..
havent really tried mm more than on dummies but it seems alright dmgwise it hasnt rly changed i guess?

#32 Zong

Zong
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Frostmourne
  • Bloodlust

Posted 30 August 2012 - 12:11 PM

View PostKlonken, on 30 August 2012 - 12:02 PM, said:

the main thing i dont like about survival is that explosive trap and black arrow sharing cooldown, which makes the explosive trap kind of useless ..
i really feel like thrill of the hunt is made for survival tho, since with that + lock and load u wont really need to cast that much cobra shots, and multi shot is also really good when ppl are bunched up to apply serpent sting with ..
havent really tried mm more than on dummies but it seems alright dmgwise it hasnt rly changed i guess?

It's unfortunate about Explosive Trap but I messed around with it a bit and i didn't think that I found it that particularly vital, bit useful, but not that hard to give up, especially considering you can get other good glyphs instead(disengage/MC).

100% agree on TotH, I was fervor for my first few games and thought it was great, but switching to toth, you pretty much get to use focus-less offensive attacks most of the time.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#33 Jokerplex

Jokerplex
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery

Posted 30 August 2012 - 12:13 PM

I wonder what gemming will be like.

Agility or PvP power

#34 Hackattack3

Hackattack3
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone

Posted 01 September 2012 - 04:54 PM

View PostJokerplex, on 30 August 2012 - 12:13 PM, said:

I wonder what gemming will be like.

Agility or PvP power

There are several sites that have updated for MoP, Noxxic and Mr. Robot, so you can get a feeling of Agility vs PVP power scaling.  This is what Noxxic recommend for BM and Surv:

Agility > PvP Resilience > 3% Ranged Hit > PvP Power > Mastery > Crit > Haste

Pvp is good, but its still not as good at Agility, from a pure output standpoint.  Pvp power is actually insane for healers, because it also increases healing output in pvp zones.  On my rdruid, you can pretty much tank 3 people with hots up.  Don't know if you guys have seen hpallies bursting people down on live yet.

In my opinion, for LIVE,

2pc is no longer worth it since thrill of the hunt is always up.  BM >> Surv >>>>>>>>>>>>>> MM.  Survival is very playable if you shoot for ~25% pvp power and reforge all crit/haste into mastery.  Main reason Surv > MM is due to mastery bumping up arcane shots a good amount.  As surv, don't even waste focus on explosive shot unless LNL is up.

#35 Ansi

Ansi
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Protection 1/1/1/1/1/2
  • RBG: 1951
  • LocationCold North

Posted 03 September 2012 - 05:03 PM

Been bursted plenty by holy palas. Hope it's temporary.

And for some reason I'm enjoying MM way more than Surv and BM. Not sure why.

#36 Hackattack3

Hackattack3
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone

Posted 03 September 2012 - 05:29 PM

Are you doing Bgs and opening up on people <120k hp?  That's pretty fun :duckers:

Trying dueling people or taking on a healer and you will want to kill yourself.

What are you doing MM wise that you are enjoying or that is working?  All I saw was lowest arcane shot spam of the 3 specs.

#37 Kujaqt

Kujaqt
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Frostwhisper
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/0/2/0/2/0
  • RBG: 384

Posted 03 September 2012 - 10:56 PM

Interesting to see other peoples views - I tried BM and I did enjoy it (BM was always my second fav spec behind SV) and I get what people mean about it feeling "clunky".

I actually tried out SV quite a lot today and it feels awesome with silencing shot and rediness - I found that with thrill of the hunt it SEEMED like far more burst than BM. (Also, thrill of the hunt is awesome!!!) With the cooldown on dispel I found I could really stay in aspect of the hawk the entire time as SV, the focus back from serpent sting mixed with free arcane shots and explosive shots is really noticable. Not that it matters, given that we will soon have aspects back off the GCD hopefully :)

I'd definitely recommend trying out SV if you haven't already!

edit: SV <3

Keliann said:

our paladin's a huge asian flake, PM if you're somewhat close to DC and can make it, will be running TSG and possibly another comp

Originally Posted by clouds
I don't think you can win-trade at MLG

#38 Hackattack3

Hackattack3
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone

Posted 04 September 2012 - 04:18 AM

Surv is pretty hilarious with thrill of the hunt.  Did a few 5 mans recently to mess around and I'm hitting 100k dps frequently.  People trying to turtle on caps in AB?  Np, pop trinkets and aoe them down.

PS explosive shot is shit on live

#39 Jokerplex

Jokerplex
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery

Posted 04 September 2012 - 10:21 AM

I think they will nerd thrill of the hunt to not proc off itself.

MM burst is actually OK.

#40 Sparkys

Sparkys
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/0/0/1/1/.
  • RBG: 768

Posted 04 September 2012 - 02:56 PM

My gear is pretty shitty, but i;ve found the only spec I can actually kill anyone decent with is BM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<