Jump to content

Shadow priest 5.0


  • Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#1 Poseyx

Poseyx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Posts: 1213
  • Talents: Arcane 0/0/0/2/0/2
  • LocationNY

Posted 29 August 2012 - 06:20 AM

Hey guys, havn't seen a shadow priest thread yet for 5.0 discussion so i figured i'd make one.

First off i am REALLY not liking the shadow orbs for disarm, devouring plague is are best damage dealing ability and having to choose between the two is pretty rough, especially since you need 3 orbs for a full disarm

Second i really like our mana atm, with vamp touch giving 2% per tick its very good aslong as you keep it up on multiple targets\

Also share what spec/glyphs/gems your rockin

cheers!

Also apparently undead has a passive cunning now? so undead might make a comback for locks/spriests

Edited by Jaxzyo, 29 August 2012 - 06:27 AM.

www.Twitch.tv/wushington - Multi Gladiator feral stream

Mrlindv - Youtube channel

#2 Ruxxe

Ruxxe
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Drak'thul
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Posts: 124
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/0/1/1/0
  • 2v2: 1498
  • 3v3: 959
  • RBG: 1528

Posted 29 August 2012 - 07:02 AM

  <- talbadar video<3 , can help you -)

Edited by Ruxxe, 29 August 2012 - 07:04 AM.


#3 Kelberot

Kelberot
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Posts: 1409
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/1/1/2/1
  • 2v2: 1663
  • 3v3: 1992
  • 5v5: 959
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationRio de Janeiro

Posted 29 August 2012 - 04:59 PM

Wondering if anyone has a script to move the shadow orb bar around
Posted Image

#4 Kelberot

Kelberot
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Posts: 1409
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/1/1/2/1
  • 2v2: 1663
  • 3v3: 1992
  • 5v5: 959
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationRio de Janeiro

Posted 29 August 2012 - 11:15 PM

thanks dusknoir, +rep very useful would use again
Posted Image

#5 Kelberot

Kelberot
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Posts: 1409
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/1/1/2/1
  • 2v2: 1663
  • 3v3: 1992
  • 5v5: 959
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationRio de Janeiro

Posted 29 August 2012 - 11:18 PM

whelp that looks terrible, nvm, I'll just get a cutsy addon
Posted Image

#6 Nycto

Nycto
  • Junkies
  • Posts: 1506

Posted 29 August 2012 - 11:21 PM

why would you disarm anyone now, they die to the devouring plague before they can do anything anyway

#7 bakbuk

bakbuk
  • Junkies
  • Posts: 14

Posted 30 August 2012 - 12:39 AM

tbh i dnt like the mana at all and the mobility, the set bonus it's pretty basic now specially when we cnt dispel anymore ourself ( at least didnt work 4 me h3h3 ). Considering that a healer has a dispel every 8 seconds cross ccs are not needed anymore since a healer has to choose anyway which partner he wants out of cc. Just think about that: sheep dps --> dispell , full dot healer on same time + a silence after this 8 secs. i feel like this removes a lot of skill and one of the funniest part for healers. Ah and as well the SWD thing ,i find completley useless to force sps to don't gain anymore mana with SWD... idk i might just be 1 of the ppl who enjoyed the " old " situation.

Edited by bakbuk, 30 August 2012 - 12:46 AM.


#8 Jamiepaladin

Jamiepaladin
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Posts: 275
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/2/2/2/1
  • RBG: 2454

Posted 30 August 2012 - 01:57 AM

View PostNycto, on 29 August 2012 - 11:21 PM, said:

why would you disarm anyone now, they die to the devouring plague before they can do anything anyway
just a lil bit of exaggeration going on here...nothing at 90 dies in a dev plag. I enjoy deciding between which spell i should use with my orbs, sometimes a focus disarm on healer is better than using it for dev plag on the person you are actually trying to kill and spam swd for victory. the mana is perfectly fine imo just have to put VT on entire team and ur back to 50% mana in like 10sec ;p

psyfiend is amazing

#9 Nycto

Nycto
  • Junkies
  • Posts: 1506

Posted 30 August 2012 - 08:11 AM

View Posttarnization, on 30 August 2012 - 01:57 AM, said:

just a lil bit of exaggeration going on here...nothing at 90 dies in a dev plag. I enjoy deciding between which spell i should use with my orbs, sometimes a focus disarm on healer is better than using it for dev plag on the person you are actually trying to kill and spam swd for victory. the mana is perfectly fine imo just have to put VT on entire team and ur back to 50% mana in like 10sec ;p

psyfiend is amazing

ah i just meant at 85 i have no xp at 90, seemed to be a wasted effort for me trying to disarm people as is.

i think this fade ability is waay too strong for shadowpriests, needs to be modified

#10 Poseyx

Poseyx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Posts: 1213
  • Talents: Arcane 0/0/0/2/0/2
  • LocationNY

Posted 30 August 2012 - 08:47 AM

View PostNycto, on 30 August 2012 - 08:11 AM, said:

ah i just meant at 85 i have no xp at 90, seemed to be a wasted effort for me trying to disarm people as is.

i think this fade ability is waay too strong for shadowpriests, needs to be modified

Since they took away are self dispel and 4 piece i believe this is quite fine
www.Twitch.tv/wushington - Multi Gladiator feral stream

Mrlindv - Youtube channel

#11 Nycto

Nycto
  • Junkies
  • Posts: 1506

Posted 30 August 2012 - 09:24 AM

i mean more the fact that you cant get hit by a ranged spell, making it impossible to get spell locked/ccd at times when you want/need to cast

#12 Poseyx

Poseyx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Posts: 1213
  • Talents: Arcane 0/0/0/2/0/2
  • LocationNY

Posted 31 August 2012 - 08:05 PM

Whats everyone glyphing / gemming atm?
www.Twitch.tv/wushington - Multi Gladiator feral stream

Mrlindv - Youtube channel

#13 Clarkgable

Clarkgable

Posted 31 August 2012 - 08:45 PM

View PostNycto, on 30 August 2012 - 09:24 AM, said:

i mean more the fact that you cant get hit by a ranged spell, making it impossible to get spell locked/ccd at times when you want/need to cast

Yes for a few seconds and then you're a great target without mobility.  If they nerf it we got nothing.

Maybe they should nerf warlocks stupid teleport and portals if anything. Way too strong.

#14 Clarkgable

Clarkgable

Posted 31 August 2012 - 08:50 PM

View PostJaxzyo, on 31 August 2012 - 08:05 PM, said:

Whats everyone glyphing / gemming atm?

Glyphing mass dispel for defensive dispel, dark binding and pom. Pretty defensive :| Will probaly use sw:d later on for cc breaking, but nobodys selling it atm.

Also I dont get why people use the shadow glyph that makes you get archangel wings when using dev plague O_o Why would you wanna show everyone that you applied it

#15 Khryl

Khryl
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Posts: 106
  • Talents: Discipline 1/1/0/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 1917
  • 3v3: 2782
  • RBG: 192

Posted 01 September 2012 - 08:12 AM

View PostClarkgable, on 31 August 2012 - 08:50 PM, said:

Also I dont get why people use the shadow glyph that makes you get archangel wings when using dev plague O_o Why would you wanna show everyone that you applied it
Any good players would see it regardless

#16 Poseyx

Poseyx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Posts: 1213
  • Talents: Arcane 0/0/0/2/0/2
  • LocationNY

Posted 02 September 2012 - 12:14 AM

I have been theory-crafting lately (not that it will matter) that if shadow priests could have a maximum of 5 orbs at a time (i believe rets have something similar with holy power) so we could set up with 5 orbs when goin for kills etc etc so we can still get our damage off and possibly disarm (i know spriests are really strong atm) could be a good change
www.Twitch.tv/wushington - Multi Gladiator feral stream

Mrlindv - Youtube channel

#17 Shadowtwist

Shadowtwist
  • LocationRiyadh, Saudi Arabia

Posted 02 September 2012 - 01:13 AM

I don't like the direction blizzard took with "orbs" they made priest a more multi-dotter class which I dislike also I don't understand why is blizzard making stuff easier for classes to regen mana like putting VT on everyone for mana doesn't cost you anything compared to cata SW:D when you a had choice of using it for mana or wait and use it for a kill
Posted Image

#18 Cevify

Cevify

Posted 02 September 2012 - 01:32 AM

View PostShadowtwist, on 02 September 2012 - 01:13 AM, said:

I don't like the direction blizzard took with "orbs" they made priest a more multi-dotter class which I dislike also I don't understand why is blizzard making stuff easier for classes to regen mana like putting VT on everyone for mana doesn't cost you anything compared to cata SW:D when you a had choice of using it for mana or wait and use it for a kill

I don't really think that "choice" had much of an impact in 95% of games. I think the way shadow priests do damage is fine, however, their utility is off the charts!

#19 Donald

Donald
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Posts: 942
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/0/2/2/1
  • RBG: 2511

Posted 03 September 2012 - 10:50 PM

What the hell do people do now who used focus silences? Focus breaks constantly on druids and priests, people just make silence 123 now?

Posted Image


#20

  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Shattrath
  • Sturmangriff / Charge
  • Talents: Subtlety

Posted 03 September 2012 - 10:54 PM

View PostDonald, on 03 September 2012 - 10:50 PM, said:

What the hell do people do now who used focus silences? Focus breaks constantly on druids and priests, people just make silence 123 now?

Just hit the set focus macro :confused:




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<