#1 Pirated

Pirated
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Burning Blade
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Enhancement

Posted 28 August 2012 - 01:10 AM

I really want to try thief, and I like some thief skills (mainly mobility ones like infiltration arrow), but it seems like every thief build focuses on spamming a single damage skill. Earlier in beta, people spammed leaping death blossom. Cluster bomb was popular for a while. Heartseeker has been a solid mainstay, and unload works for pistol thieves. It seems like a thief build is basically just choosing which skill to spam, and then improving it as much as possible

this does good damage, but it's not very fun or interesting

Other classes don't really have this issue. They're limited by cooldowns, not initiative, so they generally can't spam their powerful damage attacks.

This seems like a pretty big design flaw
"i have literally never, to my recollection, overestimated myself"
-Buddhist

#2 Horrible

Horrible
  • Members
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Uther
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Enhancement

Posted 28 August 2012 - 02:31 AM

If you're talking about tPvP the condition based P/D build has a pretty dynamic play style, your DPS relies on landing CnD's to get off sneak attacks.

#3 downedlolidiot

downedlolidiot
  • Members

Posted 28 August 2012 - 07:30 AM

Ye it's annoying, I really like playing P/D and shortbow but then I see some awful retard do great damage with just dumping 100% of initiative into heartseeker and it makes me sad. hopefully it gets nerfed soon

#4 BaklivaX

BaklivaX
  • Members
  • LocationSerbia

Posted 28 August 2012 - 03:33 PM

Problem is usually most of kids play thieves and they are used to assassins/rogues so they wanna 2shot ppl and they go qq on forums 24/7 and since arena net is so nice, they listen to them and GG WP
Posted Image

#5 Anglian

Anglian
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Twisting Nether
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/0/1/2/2

Posted 29 August 2012 - 02:56 PM

Thief is broken.

#6 Sangoria

Sangoria
  • Members

Posted 04 September 2012 - 07:29 PM

Thief is not only spamming !
I will show you later ... =)

#7 Smashnbash

Smashnbash
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Arms 0/1/2/1/1/0
  • RBG: 2282

Posted 09 September 2012 - 02:04 AM

hello all thanks for your time

#8 Buglamp

Buglamp
  • Members

Posted 09 September 2012 - 10:54 AM

I like the way initiative works way better than the CD system of most other classes. The problem is that if a particular ability is too good it'll be overused at the exclusion of your other abilities. Makes Thief harder to balance but I hope they don't scrap the initiative system because it's my favorite class to play so far, and not because it's overpowered - I haven't even done PvP with mine yet. You get more choice in when you use which abilities, can conserve initiative and then use it all to burst or play defensively always keeping some ready for interrupts and escapes. I'd really rather they work on an initiative style system for other classes than take it from Thief.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<