• Curse Sites
Help

Boons & Conditions | sPvP Podcast and More!

spvp pvp guild wars 2 podcast boons & conditions community e-sport shoutcast

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Faelor

Faelor
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Dark Iron
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Blood 0/2/2/2/2/.

Posted 21 August 2012 - 07:52 PM

Posted Image

Hail and well met!

My name is Faelor and I'm here to introduce the Arena Junkies community to a structured player vs player podcast; Boons & Conditions. We started things off as an all-around podcast, created by former MMO fan-site operators and podcast hosts who were excited about all things Guild Wars 2. Today, the project now focuses on sPvP and is presented in a weekly live stream format that you can watch on our Twitch Channel (Tuesdays at ~9:00 PM PDT). We also have a YouTube channel where we release the recorded shows, tournament matches, and other future goodies such as shoutcasts. The website (http://www.gw2bnc.com or www.boonsandconditions.com) just received a revamp yesterday, which we will be building upon after release. It has links to all of the above and our social network accounts, which we blast occasionally with events such as live streams and other Guild Wars 2 related news.

There's a lot of great podcasts and other media projects going on, and we would love to cross promote with them as we do with other fan-sites. What is our niche though? Bringing and promoting on teams that have shown themselves as serious contenders in beta and want to make their mark at release. We want to expose the world to Guild Wars 2 and show that it is a viable e-sport. Every week we discuss hot topics and answer viewer questions. We're using feedback from the show to plan for future content once the game has been released.

I don't need to say it, but Arena Junkies has been home to many of the best players in Azeroth, and we can't wait to see a lot of those folks transition to Tyria. B&C is here to provide entertainment as well as helping you become a better player in the game we hop makes a giant splash in the e-sports scene. Thanks for reading and see you in Tyria, or in the live stream chat! ;)

Regards,
Erik "Faelor" Shafer

Oh! If anyone here is interested in hopping on future shows please let me know! We're looking to bring on new faces and promote as many competitive teams as possible!

#2 Faelor

Faelor
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Dark Iron
  • Shadowburn

Posted 22 August 2012 - 08:25 PM

New and old faces showed up for episode 12, where we wrapped up the remaining professions we didn't cover last week! Representing vVv Gaming we had team manager Rinzler (thief) and Fearless (necromancer). From Guild Wars 2 Guru we had the head of sPvP, Frozire (mesmer). Returning to the show from episode 10 was Erho (guardian), now repping team Alpha Collective. Last but certainly not least, our long lost co-host Luperza returned!

Don’t forget we go live every Tuesday night at 9:00 PM PDT on our Twitch channel! The record shows can be viewed on our YouTube channel, so make sure you subscribe to see those as well as our upcoming guides, shoutcasts, and other goodies. Thanks to the chatroom for making it yet another enjoyable night! We love answering questions live!

#3 itsHatorade

itsHatorade
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kargath
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Destruction 0/2/2/2/2/0
  • 2v2: 1615
  • 3v3: 1730
  • 5v5: 768
  • RBG: 1482

Posted 23 August 2012 - 10:31 PM

Love this show! Keep up the good work, look forward to the next one.

#4 wuzzle

wuzzle
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Azshara
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/2/0

Posted 24 August 2012 - 09:12 AM

I watched the whole thing. I must say that I got the impression that the host should have been more leading. Instead of ' "Who wants to start?" - awkward silence - "Anybody?" - more silence - then a lot of people babbling at the same time - silence again' the host should have simply passed the ball to the first one to present his profession.

Despite that I think you did a good job. I think I'll stick around and look out for the next episode ;)

#5 Faelor

Faelor
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Dark Iron
  • Shadowburn

Posted 01 September 2012 - 07:47 PM

What the heck. I had a reply to you a few days ago Narf, at least I thought I did. Well, bah. I basically said that I'm thankful for the feedback and I'll be trying a lot harder to avoid that awkward silence. I used to pick on people on the spot in the audio-only versions of the show (when we were just MP3s!) but I also had a different set of guests, and I could edit out any silence. Now it's all live. :) Thanks, appreciate it!

On Tuesday, when the game officially released, B&C did its scheduled live show. We had a quick show with a small audience as we all wanted to get back to the game! This week we had Alpha Collective's Zomoa return, and newcomer Hein from Impossible Odds. We covered how each profession is holding up in sPvP as well as some quick map discussion. Next week we'll get back to the meaty content; which will be easy since we will have been playing the game for nearly 2 weeks! See you in Tyria!

#6 treeqt

treeqt
  • Members

Posted 01 September 2012 - 07:55 PM

+1 for the Ayra mention. I told him not to upload those videos because it would only get Longbow nerfed :[

By the way, a suggestion for future shows: ~1h long, profession specific shows with ~3 experts. I feel like in all of your shows there never has been enough time to thoroughly discuss every profession. Since those would be shorter than your usual shows you might want to put out 2 of them/week. Of course it doesn't make much sense doing this right now, since the state of the game is very fragile but once balance has settled in that would be pcool.
[04:20:00] Dan: Just bang her
[20:05:48] ALEXIS JAGGER: I'd like to think
[20:05:51] ALEXIS JAGGER: I'm a modest person

#7 Faelor

Faelor
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Dark Iron
  • Shadowburn

Posted 05 September 2012 - 06:53 PM

Love the suggestions, treeqt. I would like to retouch on the professions as those were in a sense "filler" episodes before release and trying to inform the masses about what GW2 sPvP professions can do. Though since the game is new, if we did do more in-depth episodes the information may still be irrelevant soon. Eh, I guess that's just the nature of the beast though -- right?

I do want to produce a very entertaining show for the competitive scene but right now we're still being a bit more "noob friendly" as a lot of people are getting into the game, such as WoW players from Arena Junkies for example. So the more productive feedback we get, the better the show will be. This is the community for high-end PvP, so I am kind of relying on it a bit for thinking outside the box.

Ayra's longbow warrior is fantastic. I love playing it so much. I'm trying not to use it too much but man, what a blast. It definitely has a higher skill cap do to it being a bit more "skill shot" based, but damn it yields some awesome results if you do it right.

Oh, right! We have a new episode up! Last night Luperza and I were joined by Team Legacy (North America) members kwlpp and Mianhe. This show was a blast as we got to ask who they were before we headed to the main topic, "What Can ArenaNet Do To Improve sPvP and Make Guild Wars 2 an e-Sport?" Thanks again to the TL guys for hopping on, it was a really enjoyable recording.

*Apologies about the Skype and mIRC sounds. I'm on my new SSD and forgot to disable those.

5:02 Who is Team Legacy?
10:13 sPvP server stability
13:54 BnC tourneys & Dragon Arena shoutout
19:20 #GW2Ringer shoutout and how to find competitive sPvPers
21:40 Spectator mode  
28:04 Map discussion
33:03 Progression/snowball mechanics in GW2
34:49 Rating system
40:01 Faelor's rant on "What's Your Rank, Bro?"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<