• EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 1863
  • 3v3: 576
  • LocationItaly

Posted 21 August 2012 - 02:05 PM

Hello everyone,
as mop is approaching and the new talent system is nearby I was wondering what the hpaladin community was thinking about the talent setup.

The judgement playstyle is pretty good i'd say so I thought about going for Judgement sprint, Repentance (the snare is good but giving up repentance for a holy paladin? too good CC for a snare imo), Selfless healer (sacred shield otherwise if for some reason pursuit of justice is better than judgement sprint), Clemency (double bop double freedom and sacrifice are simply amazing, but hand of purity if i know i'm vs a dotcleave is a neat trick). Then i'm extremely undecided about avenging wrath talent, divine purpose or holy avenger.
Tbh holy avenger looks like an extra CD like wings and divine favour and it's damn amazing but I was watching i think it was zilea's stream the other day on beta and i swear to god divine purpose was proccing on almost every single heal, which on the long run resulted in like way more heals with 3HP power than the ones you can pull off during holy avenger assuming you are able to use crusader strike and holy shock on cd. Then again with holy avenger you get to wield motherfucking Ashbringer so I guess i'll use that one.

For the last tier I guess holy prism is the only logical choice as execution sentence seems kind of gay to me with the ridiculously low amount of healing that you can't even control as the only decent healing is the burst but it might simply result in huge unneeded overhealing. Light's hammer is for pve obviously.

Any opinions?

Although I would also see myself trying out a very offensive spec with holy shock glyph (-50% healing +50% dmg), word of glory glyph (WoG usable on enemy targets), wings talent and probably execution sentence as well.  That would mean that during wings (30 secs instead of 20) you get to use holy shock more frequently with the talent (3 sec not 6 sec cd) which builds up to A LOT of holy power for WoG glyph, together with steady execution sentence damage, deounce "spam" and idk what else.  
Then again this kind of playstyle might see Holy Avenger as the best talent as you don't have to wait 9 seconds for x3 HP WoG to use offensively but even 1 crusader strike on a felhunter will be enough, and if I'm not wrong Holy Avenger also gives +20% damage boost, that would be 40% added up with wings. Opinions about this as well?

#2 Odrareg

Odrareg
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • LocationItaly

Posted 24 August 2012 - 01:46 PM

dem active paladins

#3 Rilor

Rilor
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Holy
  • RBG: 2342
  • LocationStraya Cunt

Posted 24 August 2012 - 02:08 PM

You think im gonna read all that? Give me some cliffs dawg.
I'm the man.

#4 allana

allana
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Trollclass_name
  • EU-Kazzak
  • Misery
  • Talents: Balance 0/0/2/1/1/2

Posted 29 August 2012 - 05:44 AM

I'll play around a bit with it ingame this week and see if I find something interesting, I've not really been active pvp-wise on my paladin in the later stages of this expansion but it might very well change for MoP

I shall see if I can write something nifty!
“As you think, you shall become.” -Pook

#5 Zhand1

Zhand1
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Holy 0/1/1/2/0/0
  • RBG: 2504

Posted 30 August 2012 - 05:32 AM

Pallys are doing great right now, hopefully it stays this way at lvl 90.

#6 averagepriestz

averagepriestz
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Shattered Hand
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 30 August 2012 - 06:39 AM

Paladins never were and never will be good healers.

s1, s2, s3, s4, s5, s6 ,s7, s8, s9, s10 and s11 they have all been shit compared to other classes in 3v3. They have been average, and good in certain comps, but never top tier.

Please do not even mention 2v2.

#7 Kujaqt

Kujaqt
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Frostwhisper
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/0/2/0/2/0
  • RBG: 384

Posted 30 August 2012 - 09:04 AM

View Postaveragepriestz, on 30 August 2012 - 06:39 AM, said:

s1, s2, s3, s4, s5, s6 ,s7, s8, s9, s10 and s11 they have all been shit compared to other classes in 3v3. They have been average, and good in certain comps, but never top tier.

If you mean that they were never in comps that were top tier, then I'm going to have to disagree to be honest - although the comps were generally cheesy comps (phd/beastcleave/ATC etc) their raw healing output and ability to roll through cooldowns to support the teams incredible frontend burst was half of the reason for the teams success.

Keliann said:

our paladin's a huge asian flake, PM if you're somewhat close to DC and can make it, will be running TSG and possibly another comp

Originally Posted by clouds
I don't think you can win-trade at MLG

#8 Wallirik

Wallirik
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Affliction 0/2/0/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 2612
  • 3v3: 3261
  • 5v5: 2737
  • RBG: 2654

Posted 30 August 2012 - 01:30 PM

View Postaveragepriestz, on 30 August 2012 - 06:39 AM, said:

lol
I don't know if you are delusional, but paladins were very strong in s8, probably by far the easiest healer to play with in 3s as well.

imo

edit: didn't even see that you put s5 in as well. lol has to be troll xd

Edited by Wallirik, 30 August 2012 - 01:36 PM.

#9 Vlada

Vlada
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/2/2/0
  • 2v2: 1985
  • 3v3: 2265
  • 5v5: 2416
  • RBG: 2252

Posted 30 August 2012 - 01:38 PM

View PostWallirik, on 30 August 2012 - 01:30 PM, said:

lol
I don't know if you are delusional, but paladins were very strong in s8, probably by far the easiest healer to play with in 3s as well.

imo
he was talking about being viable in top comps, not how easy it was to play it

#10 Wallirik

Wallirik
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Affliction 0/2/0/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 2612
  • 3v3: 3261
  • 5v5: 2737
  • RBG: 2654

Posted 30 August 2012 - 01:45 PM

View PostVlada, on 30 August 2012 - 01:38 PM, said:

he was talking about being viable in top comps, not how easy it was to play it

LSP was a top comp.
and in s5 holy palas were the best healer by a long shot

#11 edthelad

edthelad
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Windwalker 0/1/0/1/0/.

Posted 30 August 2012 - 02:20 PM

Long arm of the law is the best sprint by far imo, repentance is really strong, sacred shield over any hot. Clemency seems amazing, you will be able to sac alot of ccs withit, as well as double freedoms being really good if u play with 2 melee or you can even freedom judgement freedom judgement yourself if you really need to get away from melee and other things. Cant decide between divine purpose or holy avenger and i guess holy prism.

Glyph of turn evil is a necessity in my opinion unless they have changed warlock pets/interrupts (?)
Glyph of Denounce because i think that the new play style will involve smart usage of denounce
Glyph of POTI/FoL/Divine Prot/Blessed Life, can't really decide without playing some arena games

That's what i think :)
Posted Image

#12 Libyanator

Libyanator
  • Barasi
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Retribution 2/0/0/2/2/0
  • RBG: 2401

Posted 07 September 2012 - 07:21 AM

Something i haven't seen people mention is the way sacred shield works.

When it was first deployed in beta, it worked as once you place the spell on a target, the shield immedietly activated.
They changed that at some point after by making the shield activate 6 seconds after you place the shield. I can't really see it being useful the way it is now, considering most top-tier teams have means of dispelling buffs. it was already easy dispelling Sacred Shield pre-nerf, but now i cant really see a good team letting SS go through.

Not sure if anyone else felt the same.

Edited by Libyanator, 07 September 2012 - 07:22 AM.

[3:54:02 AM] Obelodalix: When it's full on flop
[3:54:06 AM] Obelodalix: Mine just gets lost
[3:54:09 AM] Obelodalix: in a sea of balls
[3:54:11 AM] Obelodalix: cuz I'm danny hart

#13 Mirionx

Mirionx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Holy 1/2/2/2/2/0
  • RBG: 2662

Posted 07 September 2012 - 01:48 PM

Sacred Shield got hotfixed yesterday and now it's uselesssssss

#14 Obelodalix_

Obelodalix_
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Al'Akir
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Holy 2/0/1/2/1/0
  • RBG: 2285

Posted 07 September 2012 - 01:49 PM

View PostWallirik, on 30 August 2012 - 01:45 PM, said:

LSP was a top comp.
and in s5 holy palas were the best healer by a long shot

No one gives a fuck about S5. LSP, dispel cleave and TSG were strong in S8 but I wouldn't call them top tier comps; that was shit like LSD, shatterplay, even RLS/MLS and RMP to a certain extent. Not saying LSP was terrible, it wasn't, it was just 10 times better with a druid than with a paladin (think RLD compared to RLS this season).

PS: I'm not agreeing with Felic, I'm just disagreeing with you.

#15 Odrareg

Odrareg
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • LocationItaly

Posted 09 September 2012 - 10:34 AM

so far i've been playing with:

long arm of the law, repentance, selfless healer, clemency, holy avenger.

long arm of the law is just good cause it's almost like a passive sprint. repentance, yeah, it's obviously amazing (too bad there's no glyph that would remove dots but that would be op :P).
sacred shield looks neat but it requires some sort of defensive playstyle, staying in the back healing no stop, the s11 playstyle let's say. i loved that but i think it's time to try something new.
i picked selfless healer cause we don't have instant fols anymore and every 3 judgements (3 sprints to position urself better etc) you have sick fol on a partner which is really handy.
clemency for obvious reasons, and holy avenger as an extra CD (wings/divine favor/holy avenger is great to "rotate")

although my glyphs are: harsh words, holy shock, denounce.
i'm playing as a shockadin atm and it's incredible how much i can support my partners.
holy avenger+wings+divine favor while spamming holy shock denounce and x3 wog on enemies, and shit goes down, even AFTER the holy shock hotfix nerf.
however this spec encourages constant "offensive" playstyle, if you want to stand in the back and just heal there's no point as you will be out of range for those almost instant cast denounces and your holy shock will be just gimped with -50% healing and you'll have to cast more etc, let alone being out of range for judgement spam and getting selfless healer stats.

TL;DR  offensive playstyle is fun, it works right now, not sure about lvl 90 and 3v3, it depends if mages' damage and stuff stays the same thus requiring you to stay that defensive in the back and only heal (making ur glyphs and offensive talents useless).

#16 Nisslol

Nisslol
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Silvermoon
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/2/0/2/1
  • 2v2: 2002
  • 3v3: 2636
  • RBG: 384
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 11 September 2012 - 08:20 AM

Are pallies still doing the most damage out of all healers in 90 environment?

Popped a molly, I'm sweating.

View PostRizzo, on 07 April 2011 - 04:00 AM, said:

World of Cantcastunlessitsinstantcraft:  CCataclysm

View PostAyrasaurus, on 18 May 2013 - 04:23 PM, said:

im an idiot

#17 Libyanator

Libyanator
  • Barasi
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Retribution 2/0/0/2/2/0
  • RBG: 2401

Posted 11 September 2012 - 10:28 AM

Dey aight

Posted Image
[3:54:02 AM] Obelodalix: When it's full on flop
[3:54:06 AM] Obelodalix: Mine just gets lost
[3:54:09 AM] Obelodalix: in a sea of balls
[3:54:11 AM] Obelodalix: cuz I'm danny hart

#18 Tygamontana

Tygamontana
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Al'Akir
  • Blackout
  • Talents:

Posted 14 September 2012 - 08:47 PM

sacred shield look so shit for now eternal flame much better

#19 Juicenewton

Juicenewton
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 15 September 2012 - 07:43 AM

View PostTygamontana, on 14 September 2012 - 08:47 PM, said:

sacred shield look so shit for now eternal flame much better

I still think sacred shield is better, the hot on eternal flame is so weak.

But I think selfless healer is better than both of them (atleast while the sacred shield proc is still delayed) since you can judgement while sitting in blanket silence chains.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

<