Mesmer 5v5 video with commentary

spvp mesmer 5v5 phantasm

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 vVv_Cwalk

vVv_Cwalk
  • Members

Posted 20 August 2012 - 03:20 PM

This is a phantasm build that I was using last st, hope you enjoy. The spec is in the comments.

#2 Lyr_1337

Lyr_1337
  • GW2 Team

Posted 22 August 2012 - 02:35 AM

I don't like those Phantasm builds... You got nothing against condition builds by yourself. No condi removal at all. Anyway... you are talking about trying to hold phantasms and don't create many clones, but you took the dodge clone trait, which is pretty good for creating clones. :P

Good players will just kill your Phantasms, just like you said after you killed this very bad necro. :X

Anyway good commentary. :P

#3 vVv_Cwalk

vVv_Cwalk
  • Members

Posted 23 August 2012 - 12:06 AM

I went with the dodge clones, because to me they are just too good to pass up with the 2 invis that I have although they do impact my dps, being able to mass invis and have 3 clones pop out is a big survivability tool.

You can always swap out blink with arcane thievery if you need more condition removal, having that against a condition specced guy 1v1 is pretty devestating. And there have also been a lot of condition nerfs, not the horror that it used to be.

Good players will kill phantasms, but they are pretty short cd and you can keep popping them out, you also have ranged and melee phantasms so they cannot aoe them, they have to kill 1 then go after the other, phantasm killing can be a problem for sure, but every build will have a counter you just have to learn to deal with it, if you go condition they are just going to use condition removal, if your playing 100 blades warrior your going to do nothing against people with escapes etc....

#4 Lyr_1337

Lyr_1337
  • GW2 Team

Posted 23 August 2012 - 04:37 AM

I didn't say, that Phantasms builds are weak. I just said that i hate them because they are low skill and especially your build in this video has no condi removal. There are (in my opinion) better Phantasm builds with condi removal and quite the same dps.

Edited by Lyr_1337, 23 August 2012 - 04:38 AM.

#5 vVv_Cwalk

vVv_Cwalk
  • Members

Posted 23 August 2012 - 03:00 PM

View PostLyr_1337, on 23 August 2012 - 04:37 AM, said:

I didn't say, that Phantasms builds are weak. I just said that i hate them because they are low skill and especially your build in this video has no condi removal. There are (in my opinion) better Phantasm builds with condi removal and quite the same dps.

I will have to agree with you on the skill part, phantasms are the easiest spell to get off in the game, but non of the mesmer play styles are that challenging, nothing compared to a elementalist.

#6 Usk

Usk
  • Members

Posted 24 August 2012 - 01:15 AM

Looks like an interesting build, but I think you sacrife a lot to give illusions more power, and just like Lyr said, not having a condition removal skill at all will get you in troubles easy, I think ill stay with my Power build, not sure if the strongest atm, but at least the one I enjoy the most. Anyway, you did a good video and nice commentary, good work!

#7 vVv_Cwalk

vVv_Cwalk
  • Members

Posted 24 August 2012 - 02:26 PM

good point about putting 2 much in phantasms as far as dps goes it is just really hard to tell if those points are better spent else where till we get some dps meters.

As far as condition removal goes I think the easy fix is trading blink for arcane thievery, and maybe putting some of the condition removal sigils on your weapons.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<