Keybinds....

Keybinds mouse arena rank1

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Jrodizclutchrogue

Jrodizclutchrogue
  • Members

Posted 20 August 2012 - 04:01 AM

Ok so I have a question, A friend of mine is telling me to switch my keybinds around, not all of them but just a select few so i want to know what is wrong with the way i have my binds set up PROS and CONS if you will....so he tell's me that he and eveyone else plays with W A S D to move around and stuff....I dont....I use my right mouse click botten to move my camra obv....but when i want to move forward I just click my left mouse botten witch leaves my left hand almost free....I do straf with S and F key so that leaves my W free to bind...i dont find it to be slower or anything pluse is that not the natural spot to place ur hand index finger on F idk it has me wondering whats better about it ?

#2 Getbock

Getbock
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Emerald Dream
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Combat
  • RBG: 1977

Posted 20 August 2012 - 11:00 AM

Keybinds are supposed to be comfortable, you should not be hindered in any way by your binds. This includes casting spells in any order and moving fluidly while casting them.

There is nothing wrong with moving with the mouse as you  do if you are not hindered by it. Do you feel hindered? Then change it to something comfortable. If not, dont. =]

#3 Violatrix

Violatrix
  • Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Holy 0/1/1/2/2/0
  • RBG: 1130
  • LocationLos Angeles, California, USA

Posted 20 August 2012 - 10:05 PM

Was there something about your reaction time or mobility that prompted the observation?  Even so, I think Deoderant gave sound advice; they are *your* keybinds, and even if you do need to change them--because of some perceived performance-related issue--you, not your friend, need to decide how best to do so.  How effective a particular keybind will be is a matter of ergonomics, and as such, is a function of the person who will hit the keys.

Example:  I have fairly long fingers, and for me, CTRL+E is a very convenient bind for mind flay (I pve as shadow).  My friend, whose fingers are short and stubby, copied my binds when she decided to stop clicking.  She was physiologically incapable of hitting that bind, among others.

I'm rambling now...
Lightweight Chastise CD tracker:

http://www.curse.com...ixchastisetimer

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Keybinds, mouse, arena, rank1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<