Elementalist skill chain

Elementalist Guild wars 2 Skill Chain

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 NinjaKiro

NinjaKiro
  • Members

Posted 18 August 2012 - 09:24 PM

After playing the last beta weekend and a few of the stress tests and playing as a Asura Elementalist I've been wondering what skill chains you could use in different situations such as PvP and WvWvW just thinking if any of you had any ideas?.

#2 ßlackjack1296682189

ßlackjack1296682189
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Mug'thol
  • Vengeance / Rache
  • Talents: Protection

Posted 19 August 2012 - 03:55 AM

dunno if this is possible, but i could imagine when attacking a castle in wvwvw and enemies stand on top of the wall, i would teleport up and then use tornado to knock them off

#3 WokWok

WokWok
  • Members
  • Worgenclass_name
  • EU-Vashj
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Feral Combat

Posted 19 August 2012 - 10:46 AM

dunno if this is possible, but i could imagine when attacking a castle in wvwvw and enemies stand on top of the wall, i would teleport up and then use tornado to knock them off

This is not possible as you can only teleport within a walkable distance, you have to be able to get there without jumping. Now this is quite buggy and there are alot of places where you can port up to places which those mad warriors can't get.

#4 Shifts101

Shifts101
  • Members

Posted 20 August 2012 - 06:18 AM

Combo effects

Field.............Blast Finisher.................Leap Finisher........Projectile Finisher....Whirl Finisher
Dark................Area Blindness...............Blindness................Lifesteal...................Leeching Bolts
Ethereal..........Area Chaos Armor.........Chaos Armor..........Confusion..................Confusing Bolts
Fire.................Area Might (x3)...............Fire Armor...............Burning....................Burning Bolts
Ice..................Area Frost Armor............Frost Armor............Chilled.......................Chilling Bolts
Light..............Area Retaliation...............Retaliation.............Remove Condition......Cleansing Bolts
Lightning.......Area Swiftness................Dazing Strike.........Vulnerability................Brutal Bolts
Poison...........Area Weakness...............Weakness............Poison.........................Poison Bolts
Smoke...........Area Stealth....................Stealth..................Blindness....................Blinding Bolts
Water............Area Healing....................Healing.................Regeneration..............Healing Bolts

Many abilities in Guild Wars 2 have combo finishers which allows you to combine an ability with a "field" to create a unique effect. Allowing you to use your own abilities with other players abilties and vice versa. Hope this helps!

As far as ability combinations there are a lot depending on your weapon combination and utilities.

Sceptor/Dagger
  • Ride the Lightning > Updraft > Fire Attunement > Dragon's Tooth, Pheonix, Fire Grab.
  • Ring of Fire > Earthquake (Blast Finisher) > Stone Shards (Projectile Finisher)
  • Signet of Earth > Dragon's Tooth, Pheonix, Fire Grab

#5 himynameisruss

himynameisruss
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Frostwolf
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 30 August 2012 - 02:50 AM

some combo i managed to pull off a second ago. kinda nice.

#6 Dubzilla

Dubzilla
  • Members

Posted 05 September 2012 - 06:04 PM

The easiest and most used combo finishers I've found so far is using Arcane Wave - it's a blast finisher, so any field you put down will work with it. I usually utilize this for healing, drop a geyser and use arcane wave. If there are mobs around it still does significant critical damage to them, while doing a pretty big splash healing to you and anybody in range.

#7 Sageboy

Sageboy
  • Members

Posted 19 September 2012 - 01:37 PM

I saw people using the macro tool on their mouse, to make the combo faster XD

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Elementalist, Guild wars 2, Skill, Chain

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<