Guild Wars 2 gw2 launch preparation

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Except

Except
  • Members
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 17 August 2012 - 08:02 AM

I just wanted to create this casual topic in order to ask one simple question. With Guild Wars 2 launching in 8 days, how are you preparing for it? Or more to the point how are you going to spend the launch day? Are you gonna get together with a bunch of friends and celebrate, or lock yourself up in the basement with a computer and unlimited food/water supply? In short, what are you gonna do when the countdown clock will only have 24 hrs left on it?

... oh and, brace yourselves ^^
"We are gamers, not because we don't have a life, but because we chose to have many"Posted Image
The build I'm using right now. Totally viable and effective. (Gandara - Except Starwalker)
Also, check out my web site:
http://miss-click.com/

#2 Sanaubia

Sanaubia
  • Members

Posted 17 August 2012 - 09:15 AM

I don't have any friends so basement here i come! and before launch i just play PoE(Path of Exile)

#3 Paxxar

Paxxar
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Turalyon
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Elemental 0/1/2/2/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 947
  • 3v3: 192
  • RBG: 767

Posted 17 August 2012 - 10:16 AM

Just relaxing currently, looking forward to launch and just theory crafting about team compositions and such.

Oh and logging into wow now and then until I can enter on early release. ^_^
Posted Image

#4 Conkurr

Conkurr
  • Members

Posted 17 August 2012 - 02:57 PM

Closing my pool up early. Mowing the lawn,picking the last of the veggies out of the garden. Going overboard on the Honey-do list to get everything done,and keep her happy for a little while lol.

I will of course be stocked for quick food hot dogs,canned beef stew,jerky,etc.. Will have coffee for when I get to tired and beer to mellow out the caffeine if I get to jittery.

Release day I wont be in the basement we actually have our gaming machines in the living room on each side of the 82" television. I enjoy watching programs while gaming and sometimes I use the TV as a monitor and game on there. So I will be upstairs hitting the login button until I get in.

I haven't had a decent MMO I could call home in some years. I have betaed and played quite a few MMOs  in the past 7 years but none really grabbed my attention like GW2 has. So I am excited about finally finding a game that has everything I want to keep me coming back everyday for more.

#5 Lillpappz

Lillpappz
  • Members
  • LocationSweden

Posted 17 August 2012 - 03:00 PM

Living alone. 1½ weeks until school starts after release. Life is good.

#6 Except

Except
  • Members
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 18 August 2012 - 12:47 PM

If anyone cares, I'm gonna invite a couple of friends over to my place (we've all got gaming laptops), buy a lot, and I mean A LOT of crisps and soda, and play for 2 days straight, so I'm sort of mixing the 'basement' and friends... this doesn't sound right, does it?
"We are gamers, not because we don't have a life, but because we chose to have many"Posted Image
The build I'm using right now. Totally viable and effective. (Gandara - Except Starwalker)

#7 Benbass

Benbass
  • Members
  • LocationFrance

Posted 18 August 2012 - 04:30 PM

Don't forget the delivery of pizzas Except. ;)

Same as Lillpappz, 1 and a half week of holidays after the launch. It's going to be the basement no-life with Mumble to team up in pvp with the guilde. I did this during the last beta and it was awesome! Looking forward to do it again.

#8 Halberd

Halberd
  • Members

Posted 18 August 2012 - 04:55 PM

Seeing chicago bears/ ny giants pre-season game in nj the day before. That + work aught to keep me occupied before launch

#9 Usk

Usk
  • Members

Posted 18 August 2012 - 06:05 PM

Sadly my holidays ends tomorrow so, I guess if I dont have many stuff to do ill just play and eat all the day...
At the moment im just theorycrafting some builds, and learning as much as i can about the game, and playing some LoL

#10 Ensiferz

Ensiferz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/0/1/2/2

Posted 18 August 2012 - 06:10 PM

Scream like a little girl for 24 hours until Anet opens the servers, on a more serious note probably clean around the house so I don't have to do   it for the next couple day that and maybe try to get my Radeon 7770 working without EMI issues on my sound card, but that is pretty much all I Have planned.

#11 Ankeus

Ankeus
  • Members

Posted 19 August 2012 - 12:55 AM

I bought WoW to help kill the time until 24th day. When the day comes there's celebrations in Guild Wars which I attend with my two accounts. One  account stays in pre-searing and one roams in post-searing. People might be donating their stuff to strangers and watching the alliance and local chat is going to be entertaining. When there's just some hours to launch I'll prioritize my character name list to list the best names first.

#12 Volte

Volte
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Frostwolf
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Combat

Posted 19 August 2012 - 11:36 AM

Just playing fallout: NV while I wait. I got most of my questions answered from the beta weekends and the stress tests so I don't go into this game feeling overwhelmed with new information and completely lost on what to do.

#13 Except

Except
  • Members
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 21 August 2012 - 03:33 PM

Basement people, unite! :duckers:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<