acushi
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/0/0/2/2/1

Posted 27 August 2012 - 04:08 AM

View PostPonen, on 26 August 2012 - 08:23 PM, said:

I don't understand what all this whining is about. Having to make choice between fox and hawk is  a good thing and increases hunter skill cap as long as we get compensated / balanced around it no?

The hunter class doesnt need an increase in skill cap.  We arent even fucking balanced or compensated at all with this change.
Something this game changing is put in towards the end of the Beta Cycle and its a fucking joke how they say ranged DPS should be penalized for moving but holy shit what are with all these instant casts and dress wearing clowns being able to cast on the move?

The only class that needs this casting on the move is hunters, we have to generate a resource and guess what.  So much bull shit GC feeds us.

#82 Phaelle

Phaelle
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Survival

Posted 27 August 2012 - 05:18 AM

View PostPonen, on 26 August 2012 - 08:23 PM, said:

I don't understand what all this whining is about. Having to make choice between fox and hawk is  a good thing and increases hunter skill cap as long as we get compensated / balanced around it no?

The problem is there's a large chance we won't be balanced around it. The games balanced around pve. And in even the most movement heavy fights there's always a way to sit in hawk and turret for 95% of the fight if you position yourself in the raid properly. So they'll be balancing hunter damage around being in hawk 95% of the time.

In arena you won't be in hawk very much, even less now that swapping back to hawk for each shot won't be worth it a lot of the time. Couple that with shots/CC being dodged, you're going to see hunters trained start to finish a lot more, especially by rogue/feral/enhance teams since they'll be able to ignore all damage/utility/CC shots 1/5th-1/4th of the time + keeping you in fox for a large part of the game.

Plus, the whole mechanic sucks.

I had to laugh at GCs post at saying if they removed steadies condition on fox, they'd have to make it only casted while stationary again. They seem to not even recognize PvP as a part of the game a lot of the time.

#83 Zong

Zong
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Frostmourne
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 27 August 2012 - 07:34 AM

I seriously don't get the thought behind why it's so gamebreaking to steady/cobra while moving(with Hawk).  The whole current design behind aspects is arbitrary. Merge the aspects and move on, being able to use a long cast, low damage ability while moving without having to hit an extra button every few seconds is not going to turn Hunter's into unkillable PvP gods.

Edit: This is so especially true when you consider how vital steady/cobra are to focus regeneration. Fox is a bandaid to make it look like Aspects are adding "depth" to hunter play. It's not.

Edited by Zong, 27 August 2012 - 08:05 AM.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#84 Pandamcpanda

Pandamcpanda

Posted 27 August 2012 - 04:19 PM

I just dont understand why every other class thinks hunters are being "whinny" when they have the same mechanics in a non-broken form. Its just ludicrous every time a mage comes in here and yells at hunters for wanting EXACTLY what they have minus 200 extra keybinds. Id love to drink some mage tears if they had this focus bullshit and we got mana back. Whats that? 20 focus for an ice lance? 50 for a frostbolt? wait nm they dont have to cast frostbolt anyway, this has been their faceroll xpac.
"Guns don't kill people, bullets kill people"

#85 Ansi

Ansi
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Protection 1/1/1/1/1/2
  • RBG: 1951
  • LocationCold North

Posted 29 August 2012 - 08:56 PM

It's off the GCD again

As I said above, we're still not convinced the Aspect design is working as intended (which is to provide a decision for the hunter) and long term, we will likely continue to iterate on it.

In the short term, our plan is to revert the recent change and return Aspects to off the GCD. Yes, you might just macro them again, but that seems to be the lesser of two evils compared to having them on the GCD.

I can't provide any information on when this will happen. Hopefully we can fix it before you start leveling from 85 to 90. No promises. I'm just sharing our intent.

http://us.battle.net...649?page=43#860

#86 Klonken

Klonken
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Alonsus
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/0/2/2/2/1
  • RBG: 192

Posted 30 August 2012 - 07:55 AM

View PostAnsi, on 29 August 2012 - 08:56 PM, said:

this doesnt seem to be the case tho, dont think they have reverted the change yet, they probably will tho

#87 Klonken

Klonken
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Alonsus
  • Cruelty / Crueldad

Posted 31 August 2012 - 10:54 AM

View PostAnsi, on 29 August 2012 - 08:56 PM, said:

This will be released on beta soon,  wasnt they supposed to remove the gcd?:/ this makes me really confused
Posted Image Hunter (Forums)
Talents

#88 Jokerplex

Jokerplex
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Marksmanship 2/0/0/2/1/1

Posted 31 August 2012 - 10:58 AM

Why dont they put them on their own separate CD's but have a cool down of 1 sec

or is that what they done?

#89 Klonken

Klonken
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Alonsus
  • Cruelty / Crueldad

Posted 31 August 2012 - 02:49 PM

View PostJokerplex, on 31 August 2012 - 10:58 AM, said:

Why dont they put them on their own separate CD's but have a cool down of 1 sec

or is that what they done?

i dont know im really confused :P

#90 Chromex

Chromex
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Marksmanship
  • RBG: 2340

Posted 31 August 2012 - 03:31 PM

Hooked up my desktop a week ago and just started playing beta. Going to try to give some info and start more discussions on MOP hunter -- That being said currently aspects on beta aspects are back to Pre-Patch 5.0.4.

I personally enjoyed the choice between having to make a "choice" to be in Hawk or Fox. Why? Because it makes the game harder, which to me is more fun. Now although it may make the game more "fun" it might as well nerf the class, which is bad overall. SO, the simple solution would be to somehow tweak PVE so that hunters would still be balanced with others classes while still maintaining good damage and burst potential in PVP as well.

How does that happen? I don't know, but I do know that having played with it for a day or two with 1 GCD between aspects, I personally  enjoyed having to make a choice. In the end it, my vision would be to make it so that if you could stay in hawk for some time, the damage potential would add up over and above the fact of you losing 1 GCD. This would screw up all of our cata playstyle, something we are used to, but I think that's great because CATA = a tragedy.

#91 Hackattack3

Hackattack3
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Destruction 1/2/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1609
  • 3v3: 1792
  • RBG: 2050

Posted 01 September 2012 - 04:46 PM

Or you can go with thrill of the hunt and never have to switch out of hawk.  "Never" is a strong word, but its definitely the machine gun icelance spam spec (replace icelance w/ arcane shot :D)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<